Cooper Webb rips MX Sports on Twitter

The Rock
7/7/2016 1:52am
peelout wrote:
if you guys didn't pick up on that than not even I can help you
I appreciate your frustration brah but keep in mind that most of them just starting lifting.
The Rock
7/7/2016 1:54am
GangGreen wrote:
It's good to hear a top rider complain when they excessively groom !!!! Although High Point was excellent and many riders commented as to how it...
It's good to hear a top rider complain when they excessively groom !!!! Although High Point was excellent and many riders commented as to how it was "A Man's Track ". Here they are ruining cool sections at Budds Creek and Unadilla !!!!!

I support grooming of jump faces but nothing else.
EEE299
7/7/2016 4:10am
So the rules say he may be fined, but they threatened his gate pick instead? Totally makes sense. I get why he got mad about it. I'm sure a dude like cooper would take a 5k fine over last gate pick any day.
early
Fantasy
2139th
7/7/2016 4:36am
The Rock wrote:
What about start straight/first turn?

The Shop

hillbilly
7/7/2016 5:18am
peelout wrote:
starting page 10 with a 10 [img]https://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/daily-afternoon-randomness-39-photos-7.jpg[/img]
starting page 10 with a 10

So,how'd you know it would start page 10?
slipdog
7/7/2016 5:25am
The Rock wrote:
I appreciate your frustration brah but keep in mind that most of them just starting lifting.
That's the problem, Bro. I wear ankle and wrist weights that my dad bought from a Richard Simmonds informercial in the '80's at all times just to keep toned. #neverstoplifting
hillbilly
7/7/2016 5:39am Edited Date/Time 7/7/2016 5:41am
Wrong thread,bad brain this mornin'
kkawboy14
7/7/2016 7:41am Edited Date/Time 7/7/2016 7:43am
UpTiTe wrote:
Oh, so now let's all change the rules because some entitled 20 year old whines? Ok, cool.
kkawboy14 wrote:
I've already stated 90% of the riders feel the pre and post are a waste of time and serve no real purpose
so 90% of the riders feel this way, where did you get those stats, are you psychic or did you just pull them out of your...
so 90% of the riders feel this way, where did you get those stats, are you psychic or did you just pull them out of your ass?
No I'm a grocery clerk!

My scientific research actually came up with more like 98% of the riders think it's a waste of time but I tried to make it seem more reasonable for you to accept
wardy
7/7/2016 7:54am
It's all funny and sh*t til someone questions the gods. then all of a sudden it's terrible. there should be a ton more of this questioning of this monopoly going on.

Riders even the well paid ones don't make anywhere near what they should compared to the risk they take.

But questioning the authority of the process. I don't particular follow, like, support the web kid, but if he is shaking things up with the super powers.

good for him. there needs to be a ton more like that going on.
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
7/7/2016 8:02am
wardy wrote:
It's all funny and sh*t til someone questions the gods. then all of a sudden it's terrible. there should be a ton more of this questioning...
It's all funny and sh*t til someone questions the gods. then all of a sudden it's terrible. there should be a ton more of this questioning of this monopoly going on.

Riders even the well paid ones don't make anywhere near what they should compared to the risk they take.

But questioning the authority of the process. I don't particular follow, like, support the web kid, but if he is shaking things up with the super powers.

You don't automatically get paid more as risks increase, that's not how it works. Wish it did, then I probably could have made a living off doing dirt jump competitions. I'm not sure if you are implying that the promoting group should pay them more?
peelout
7/7/2016 8:23am Edited Date/Time 7/7/2016 9:41am
peelout wrote:
starting page 10 with a 10 [img]https://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/daily-afternoon-randomness-39-photos-7.jpg[/img]
starting page 10 with a 10

hillbilly wrote:
So,how'd you know it would start page 10?
there were 269 posts, the page turns every 30th post
7/7/2016 8:46am
The Rock wrote:
Yup, no need to make those faces any sketchier
early
Fantasy
2139th
7/7/2016 9:37am
Cooper Webb praising MXGP and ripping on MX Sports last night on Twitter: The comments were so off the wall that Matthes insinuated that Webb's acct...
Cooper Webb praising MXGP and ripping on MX Sports last night on Twitter:

The comments were so off the wall that Matthes insinuated that Webb's acct may have been hacked and Reed said "Oh know he didn't" regarding Webb's initial tweet promoting the upcoming Charlotte MXGP map:

"Looking good, can't wait for a 'real' MX series race to be held in the States"

Did something go down for Webb to say not only that but much more responding to fans on his original tweet, here's an example:

This is a bit like crying wolf because the post race press conference is standard practice in most premier racing series and most professional stick and ball sports. No one is penalizing him for complaining about it, but it is something that he agreed to do by signing up for the race.
dkg
7/7/2016 10:02am
kkawboy14 wrote:
I've already stated 90% of the riders feel the pre and post are a waste of time and serve no real purpose
so 90% of the riders feel this way, where did you get those stats, are you psychic or did you just pull them out of your...
so 90% of the riders feel this way, where did you get those stats, are you psychic or did you just pull them out of your ass?
kkawboy14 wrote:
No I'm a grocery clerk! My scientific research actually came up with more like 98% of the riders think it's a waste of time but I...
No I'm a grocery clerk!

My scientific research actually came up with more like 98% of the riders think it's a waste of time but I tried to make it seem more reasonable for you to accept
Quit fishing, your series of posts are whining.
EEE299
7/7/2016 10:48am
Anyone ever actually watch the press conferences? It could just be me but I don't even know where I could see them if I wanted to lol
hillbilly
7/7/2016 11:02am
EEE299 wrote:
Anyone ever actually watch the press conferences? It could just be me but I don't even know where I could see them if I wanted to...
Anyone ever actually watch the press conferences? It could just be me but I don't even know where I could see them if I wanted to lol
I've watched in person at MC,hot tent ,lots of tables and chairs but not many i them,at least when i was there.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
7/7/2016 11:05am
wardy wrote:
It's all funny and sh*t til someone questions the gods. then all of a sudden it's terrible. there should be a ton more of this questioning...

You take a bigger risk when you go racing.Wink but at least you didnt say that "the riders are risking their lives" to entertain us or something equally as silly.

EEE299
7/7/2016 11:18am
EEE299 wrote:
Anyone ever actually watch the press conferences? It could just be me but I don't even know where I could see them if I wanted to...
hillbilly wrote:
I've watched in person at MC,hot tent ,lots of tables and chairs but not many i them,at least when i was there.
Yeah I always figured some attended, but I meant for most people who aren't at the races. I've seen clips from them but never the entire thing. Are they ever on the livestream?
umagumadog
7/7/2016 11:22am
Post-Race Press Conference: Features the top three overall finishers in each class; conducted immediately following racing in the Thor Media Center. Additional competitors will be encouraged to attend for the opportunity to meet the media.

MX Sports Media Policy

2016 RULES FOR PROFESSIONAL
MOTOCROSS COMPETITION

2.18 j. At the conclusion of each National Moto, the top 3 finishing riders and their motorcycles must go directly to a
staging area located at the podium or to a designated alternative interview area. Other riders outside of the
top 3 may also be directed to the staging area. Failure to go to the designated staging area may result in a
fine.

2016 RULES FOR PROFESIONAL MOTOCROSS COMPETITION

Mx Sports indicates that the top 3 finishers will be in the press conference immediately following racing. But nowhere is it stated in the rules that the top 3 must attend the press conference only the post race TV interviews. So does any one know if it is actually stated in the entry that they must attend? I understand why and agree that riders should be in the post race press conference. I'm just curious if MX Sports has a leg to stand on if the riders refuse to show up.
7/7/2016 11:38am Edited Date/Time 7/7/2016 11:39am
umagumadog wrote:
Post-Race Press Conference: Features the top three overall finishers in each class; conducted immediately following racing in the Thor Media Center. Additional competitors will be encouraged...
Post-Race Press Conference: Features the top three overall finishers in each class; conducted immediately following racing in the Thor Media Center. Additional competitors will be encouraged to attend for the opportunity to meet the media.

MX Sports Media Policy

MOTOCROSS COMPETITION

2.18 j. At the conclusion of each National Moto, the top 3 finishing riders and their motorcycles must go directly to a
staging area located at the podium or to a designated alternative interview area. Other riders outside of the
top 3 may also be directed to the staging area. Failure to go to the designated staging area may result in a
fine.

Mx Sports indicates that the top 3 finishers will be in the press conference immediately following racing. But nowhere is it stated in the rules that the top 3 must attend the press conference only the post race TV interviews. So does any one know if it is actually stated in the entry that they must attend? I understand why and agree that riders should be in the post race press conference. I'm just curious if MX Sports has a leg to stand on if the riders refuse to show up.
A leg to stand on...? It's their show. They can refuse to let Webb ride if they want. I don't understand why it is so hard to grasp the concept that it is not like a violation of his human rights. Just like somebody said earlier, Webb needs MX Sports a lot more that MX Sports needs him.
wardy
7/7/2016 11:43am
wardy wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:
You take a bigger risk when you go racing.;) but at least you didnt say that "the riders are risking their lives" to entertain us or...
You take a bigger risk when you go racing.Wink but at least you didnt say that "the riders are risking their lives" to entertain us or something equally as silly.

yep pretty "silly"

i remember why i stay away from pro spectator stuff.

lol.
umagumadog
7/7/2016 1:05pm
umagumadog wrote:
Post-Race Press Conference: Features the top three overall finishers in each class; conducted immediately following racing in the Thor Media Center. Additional competitors will be encouraged...

MX Sports Media Policy

MOTOCROSS COMPETITION

fine.

A leg to stand on...? It's their show. They can refuse to let Webb ride if they want. I don't understand why it is so hard...
A leg to stand on...? It's their show. They can refuse to let Webb ride if they want. I don't understand why it is so hard to grasp the concept that it is not like a violation of his human rights. Just like somebody said earlier, Webb needs MX Sports a lot more that MX Sports needs him.
So you don't have a fucking clue. Ok got it.

Post a reply to: Cooper Webb rips MX Sports on Twitter

The Latest