Brayton v Friese

wildbill
3/9/2020 7:04pm
And Baggett thought he got cleaned out.
3/9/2020 7:35pm
TXDirt wrote:
Looks like Vince hit the brakes so hard to avoid broad siding Brayton that the front wheel locked up and buckled and sent Vince up over...
Looks like Vince hit the brakes so hard to avoid broad siding Brayton that the front wheel locked up and buckled and sent Vince up over end into Brayton as Brayton was cutting down.

Racing Incident.
I also think Vince was lucky Justin was there or he would have body slammed the ground hard.

Total accident.
bigk218
Fantasy
3159th
3/9/2020 7:39pm
Yeah everyone harps on Vince put he’s a competitor and I see nothing wrong with him.

The Shop

TXDirt
3/9/2020 8:05pm
TXDirt wrote:
Looks like Vince hit the brakes so hard to avoid broad siding Brayton that the front wheel locked up and buckled and sent Vince up over...
Looks like Vince hit the brakes so hard to avoid broad siding Brayton that the front wheel locked up and buckled and sent Vince up over end into Brayton as Brayton was cutting down.

Racing Incident.
I also think Vince was lucky Justin was there or he would have body slammed the ground hard.

Total accident.
Technically had Brayton not been there Vince never would have locked up the front wheel trying not to hit him.

But to your point, it was accidental. And Vince was trying not to hit him. Obviously had he been closer Vince would have tried an aggressive pass. Which is fine. Vince wasn’t close enough for that and was trying not to hit Brayton. He locked up the front so hard the front end tucked on him in the soft dirt and up and over Vince went into Brayton, who had cut down sharply.

Racing incident.
Helda3
3/9/2020 8:07pm
It looks like Friese was jumping to the inside, probably to avoid the braking bumps entering the corner. He saw Justin square up the corner and...
It looks like Friese was jumping to the inside, probably to avoid the braking bumps entering the corner. He saw Justin square up the corner and probably landed on the front brakes, tucking the front end, and crashing. I doubt he went into the corner intending on murdering him.
This is what it looks like to me, tried to take that inside line but was going way to fast and grabbed a fist full of brake and got launched
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
3/9/2020 8:24pm
TXDirt wrote:

Racing Incident.

Total accident.
TXDirt wrote:
Technically had Brayton not been there Vince never would have locked up the front wheel trying not to hit him. But to your point, it was...
Technically had Brayton not been there Vince never would have locked up the front wheel trying not to hit him.

But to your point, it was accidental. And Vince was trying not to hit him. Obviously had he been closer Vince would have tried an aggressive pass. Which is fine. Vince wasn’t close enough for that and was trying not to hit Brayton. He locked up the front so hard the front end tucked on him in the soft dirt and up and over Vince went into Brayton, who had cut down sharply.

Racing incident.
^^^ THIS ^^^

Friese hasn’t done anything stupid in quite awhile, people need to find someone else to complain about. The guy is just out there racing for a living, shit happens !
jeffro503
3/9/2020 9:08pm
I haven't read through this thread , so I'll just comment on what I see happening here in that video. I know it seems to be easy to shit on Vince , but from what I'm seeing is , he basically wasted himself from reefing on that front brake so hard , as to NOT hit Justin , but momentum and physics kept his body going mach 5......which then hit Justin. I see Justin cutting down really sharp in that turn , and I don't think Vince was expecting that. It's just a racing incident as far as I can tell.
3/9/2020 9:11pm
I honestly do understand both sides of this.

Monday afternoon after the race; a clear headed JB10 still opens his IG update on this matter with: "Unfortunately I got taken down on the last lap in Daytona which resulted in a broken hand."

No yea for sure, Brayton is all in on the just a racing incident thing with a teammate
Johnny Depp
3/9/2020 9:30pm
Wonder how bad JB10's hand really is. Kinda surprised a fractured pinky keeps you out of the next race? That is going to put him behind most of the SmartTop team in the season standings.
cwel11
3/10/2020 2:04pm
If you think this was intentional you’ve got rocks in your head. Friese has had his issues, but this isn’t one of them
davistld01
3/10/2020 2:27pm Edited Date/Time 3/10/2020 2:29pm
cwel11 wrote:
If you think this was intentional you’ve got rocks in your head. Friese has had his issues, but this isn’t one of them
I don't think it was intentional at all...but I do think it would have never happened if Vince hadn't come in way too hot, planning on making an aggressive move on Brayton in the first place.

500guy
3/10/2020 2:37pm
davistld01 wrote:
I don't think it was intentional at all...but I do think it would have never happened if Vince hadn't come in way too hot, planning on...
I don't think it was intentional at all...but I do think it would have never happened if Vince hadn't come in way too hot, planning on making an aggressive move on Brayton in the first place.

I know huh, dam that Vince for trying to race during a trail ride.
3/10/2020 2:50pm Edited Date/Time 3/10/2020 2:52pm
langhammx wrote:
^^^ THIS ^^^ Friese hasn’t done anything stupid in quite awhile, people need to find someone else to complain about. The guy is just out there...
^^^ THIS ^^^

Friese hasn’t done anything stupid in quite awhile, people need to find someone else to complain about. The guy is just out there racing for a living, shit happens !
Not only that, but he's actually been showing that he has quite a bit of speed and has every right to fight for passes and positions. There was nothing intentional or malicious towards Brayton, imho.
Question
3/10/2020 3:13pm Edited Date/Time 3/10/2020 3:18pm
In Freise's Swap interview, he said he was really sorry.

It was not intentional of course. I think he was thinking Brayton would take a more outside line, while Freise was planning to take the most inside rut. In the end they were both going for the same line, reminds me of the same racing incident between Tomac and Musquin for a win (in Foxborough?). Not easy to make passes when riders are so close in speed, it is a bit a chess match between world class players.
davistld01
3/10/2020 3:53pm
davistld01 wrote:
I don't think it was intentional at all...but I do think it would have never happened if Vince hadn't come in way too hot, planning on...

500guy wrote:
I know huh, dam that Vince for trying to race during a trail ride.
Yeah, and that bad old Brayton was just going way too slow and holding him up.
TeamGreen
3/10/2020 5:32pm
Fans be like,"HATE, HATE, HATE!"

Us old guys are like,"Did you EVEN watch the video? Bro, do ya even ride?"

Laughing
motomike137
3/11/2020 8:39am
Looks to me like Brayton "turned down early", I assign 33% of the "blame pie" on Justin.
early
Fantasy
2231st
3/11/2020 8:49am
I didn't see the part where Justin broke his hand punching Vince in the head Smile
Shawn142
3/11/2020 10:44am
Why are you clowns still guessing at what happened? Listen to Friese's interview, he admits to going for the pass on the last lap with a "really aggressive move", and apologized for taking them both down trying it. I mean I understand, he's going for a top 10 because of his bonus structure. To me he's at least racing for a spot instead of taking guys out going backwards like he use to. While that move didn't have a prayer from the beginning at least it was racing forward.
Hammer 663s
3/11/2020 12:53pm
It looks like Friese was jumping to the inside, probably to avoid the braking bumps entering the corner. He saw Justin square up the corner and...
It looks like Friese was jumping to the inside, probably to avoid the braking bumps entering the corner. He saw Justin square up the corner and probably landed on the front brakes, tucking the front end, and crashing. I doubt he went into the corner intending on murdering him.
Maybe not intent to murder, but it was gonna be a hard pass if he'd made it happen. And he was planning on a hard pass, that looks clear to me. In the air he realized how it was gonna go and locked it up, knowing that Tony would drown him in a hot tub if he killed JB. It didn't end as badly as it could have. Coulda/shoulda been way worse than a broken pinky. Like to be a fly on the wall in that trailer next weekend.

Hammer 663s
BobbyM
3/11/2020 1:51pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Fans be like,"HATE, HATE, HATE!" Us old guys are like,"Did you EVEN watch the video? Bro, do ya even ride?" :laugh:
Fans be like,"HATE, HATE, HATE!"

Us old guys are like,"Did you EVEN watch the video? Bro, do ya even ride?"

Laughing
No... These bros don't race or ride or are so squidly they're too embarrassed to show up.
BobbyM
3/11/2020 1:54pm
No... These bros don't race or ride or are so squidly they're too embarrassed to show up.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/11/2020 1:55pm
Maybe not intent to murder, but it was gonna be a hard pass if he'd made it happen. And he was planning on a hard pass...
Maybe not intent to murder, but it was gonna be a hard pass if he'd made it happen. And he was planning on a hard pass, that looks clear to me. In the air he realized how it was gonna go and locked it up, knowing that Tony would drown him in a hot tub if he killed JB. It didn't end as badly as it could have. Coulda/shoulda been way worse than a broken pinky. Like to be a fly on the wall in that trailer next weekend.

Hammer 663s
He owned it. What more do you want from the guy?

"In the Main Event, I rode a little tight and got pushed around in the first few laps. I put myself in a good position but had a couple of bobbles in the sand and dropped back. I was riding and battling with my teammates, stayed with Justin in the middle part of the race there, and Brayton was on me from the middle part until the end," Friese said after the race. "A lapper got in my way, and JB got by me, so the lapper was still in between us, and I went for a pretty aggressive move. I had to lock up the front brake and high-sided into JB, and we both hit the deck. He got up and still beat me to 10th, which was a bummer. I hope he is okay, and I feel pretty bad. My intent was just to put the bike in front of him because he would have seen my bike and stopped, but with the lapper in the way made things more hectic. It's such a bummer because I want to put it in the top-ten for the team. Everyone is working so hard and to go from 10th to 11th like that is tough."
FlaNard
3/11/2020 2:38pm
I don't know what I was expecting when I started watching the video but it wasn't that. Shocked Bummer anyone was injured but damn. You don't see something like that everyday.
Hammer 663s
3/12/2020 11:00am Edited Date/Time 3/12/2020 11:02am
GuyB wrote:
He owned it. What more do you want from the guy? "In the Main Event, I rode a little tight and got pushed around in the...
He owned it. What more do you want from the guy?

"In the Main Event, I rode a little tight and got pushed around in the first few laps. I put myself in a good position but had a couple of bobbles in the sand and dropped back. I was riding and battling with my teammates, stayed with Justin in the middle part of the race there, and Brayton was on me from the middle part until the end," Friese said after the race. "A lapper got in my way, and JB got by me, so the lapper was still in between us, and I went for a pretty aggressive move. I had to lock up the front brake and high-sided into JB, and we both hit the deck. He got up and still beat me to 10th, which was a bummer. I hope he is okay, and I feel pretty bad. My intent was just to put the bike in front of him because he would have seen my bike and stopped, but with the lapper in the way made things more hectic. It's such a bummer because I want to put it in the top-ten for the team. Everyone is working so hard and to go from 10th to 11th like that is tough."
Hadn't seen that statement prior. Doesn't change anything - nice that he did own it tho. He went for it, it went bad, it hurt JB, it coulda been worse.

All I was saying it wasn't "clean" nor was it an "accident". A "racing incident"? Sure, but an avoidable one. Yeah, there's adrenaline out there, but ya still gotta think. It was a bone-head move that had about a .05% chance of success, own it or not. That's my point.

Edit - what do I want? Nothing. He don't owe me squat.

Hammer

Post a reply to: Brayton v Friese

The Latest