Booth...

Related:
Create New Tag

1/5/2019 9:25 PM

Ricky’s killing it...

|

1/5/2019 11:29 PM

I grew up in the Ricky era and loved him tonight. Emig was a great rider but a bad commentator. Hate to say it but a stutter combined with missing softball-lob opportunities from Ralph to explain the sport did it for me. I wanted Emig out long ago.
Ricky will get better.
Ralph is a professional and does a great job. He calls so many sports it's nuts. Along with Daniel Blair and Juliana Daniell we are gonna have a great year of SX!

|

Life's a garden, dig it.

1996 CR250R
2016 YZ450F
2001 Suzuki Bandit 600
Coleman BT200x

1/5/2019 11:39 PM

I like when Ralp called that lady thirsty.

|

1/5/2019 11:42 PM

My cousin thought he said Cold Nipples when Ricky said Colt Nichols. He followed it up with "oh shit was my mic on" and I couldn't stop laughing.

RC is good in the booth, dare I say better than Fro?

|

1/6/2019 4:20 PM

Tenacious P wrote:

I grew up in the Ricky era and loved him tonight. Emig was a great rider but a bad commentator. Hate to say it but a stutter ...more

Can you show me ANY audio or video clip of Jeff stuttering during the broadcast? I'm a stutterer and I can instantly hear people stuttering when they do it. It never happens with Jeff

|

"What happens to your hands when you crash?"
"I put my hands up real quick to protect my sunglasses"

1/6/2019 4:26 PM

I don’t know what y’all heard, but RC was garbage.

The 2-3 minutes when the gate didn’t drop and RC was trying to explain how the gate works were some of the most awkward moments I’ve ever seen/heard.

He uses the word “good” to describe everything moreso than my 5 year old does, he has zero timing, and his vocabulary is slim at best.

Fro may not have been Joe Buck, but holy shit I don’t know how anyone could think RC was even close to Fros level

|

shit'll buff out

1/6/2019 5:43 PM

I thought Rc was good I actually texted my buddy last night and said, I thought ricky went to speeking class

|

1/6/2019 5:58 PM

I thought I heard it was raining ...in the booth ….at A1?

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

1/6/2019 6:03 PM

If you can’t say something nice don’t say anything at all.

|

1/6/2019 6:12 PM

Tenacious P wrote:

I grew up in the Ricky era and loved him tonight. Emig was a great rider but a bad commentator. Hate to say it but a stutter ...more

Juliana Daniel ? Do you mean Will Christian..

|

1/6/2019 6:18 PM

dsmith wrote:

I thought I heard it was raining ...in the booth ….at A1?

Yea they said that! I was completely soaked and it didn’t bother me one bit. I think the beers helped.

|

1/6/2019 6:19 PM

he was pretty good. still dont like EEM. and kudos to wil christiansen for knowing gate was pneumatic and not hydraulic. RC's tech skillz...

|

1/6/2019 6:52 PM

There's other positives as well. With Deano and Bam Bam running up front and Fred/Barney clones in the booth, it made me think of the Flintstones. Loved the Flintstones.

Photo

|

1/6/2019 7:05 PM

I have to admit I thought he was going to be a train wreck... but he impressed me last night!

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

1/6/2019 7:36 PM

RC was better than I thought he'd be, altho he was an Ando fan boy - then Anderson dropped anchor

|

1/6/2019 8:13 PM

You could tell RC was trying really hard- but all that did was make him talk slower...

|

1/6/2019 8:14 PM

It would be awesome to have someone LIKE Nick Wey in there, can speak really well and has the experience.

|

1/6/2019 8:17 PM

RC was pretty bad tbh. He's clearly not able to talk while someone is talking in his headset. He'd just randomly cut himself off in the middle of a sentence and Ralph would have to jump in and save him. And as someone else mentioned, his vocabulary is so narrow that he can't describe anything with any nuance or detail.

Commentating is hard as shit. Some people just aren't cut out for it.

|