Bogle done?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/6/2022 12:30 PM

It hasn’t been looking good for JB lately. Didn’t race moto 2 at hangtown and has been riding around outside the top 20. Hate to see it but I think it’s time for him to hang it up. He said in an interview that he isn’t having fun and if he continues to do poorly then he will retire.

|

6/6/2022 12:32 PM

Kinda sad how all the injuries have affected him, was it 2017 when he won a couple motos?

|

6/6/2022 12:33 PM

What happened to the lad? He was an amateur phenom. Got a SX championship w/ Geico.
Won a moto or two outdoors on the RMZ...

|

2020 YZ250
2003 Buell XB9S
1967 Yamaha Bushmaster

6/6/2022 12:34 PM

Sucks for sure what seems like a good dude.

|

6/6/2022 12:37 PM

It's hard to make progress when you have to keep playing catch up from injuries. He will get there by the middle of the season I think. I expect him to start cracking 10th-17th real soon. We know he has the outright speed. Just hasn't getcthe ball rolling.

|

6/6/2022 12:40 PM

Hope he finds a role similar to Tickle, Canard, or becomes a manager. He would do awesome in any one of those roles and I hope when he does to decide to hang em up that he is happy.

|

6/6/2022 12:43 PM

Cayden Thompson wrote:

What happened to the lad? He was an amateur phenom. Got a SX championship w/ Geico.
...more

Concussions. A few bad ones. It’s shame because he has loads of talent

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

6/6/2022 12:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/6/2022 12:47 PM

Zycki11 wrote:

Hope he finds a role similar to Tickle, Canard, or becomes a manager. He would do awesome in any one of those roles and I hope ...more

He'd be a good fit for a gear and apparel model, dude knows how to dress to impress.

|

2020 YZ250
2003 Buell XB9S
1967 Yamaha Bushmaster

6/6/2022 12:55 PM

Zycki11 wrote:

Hope he finds a role similar to Tickle, Canard, or becomes a manager. He would do awesome in any one of those roles and I hope ...more

He's a very talented guy, both on and off the track. I think he has more options than average retiring mx racer, and might find a career on the creative side of the spectrum (Fashion, music, etc).

I don't see him as the Ryan Hughes type, wearing out boots while coaching/melting in the sun.

|

KTM250SX YZ125 YZ85 PW80 ZX6 FZX700

6/6/2022 1:43 PM

Keefers daytime program says he has left HEP

|

6/6/2022 6:05 PM

Pulp review said the team is pretty much mailing it in until WorldSX.

|

6/6/2022 6:58 PM

Those Zuks aren’t looking good. Both him & Hartranft I think have been getting lapped by the leaders the first 2 rounds.

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

6/6/2022 7:16 PM

To be fair, first and second have put 30 seconds on 3rd place

|

6/6/2022 7:45 PM

He has had a good career. Interesting note: only one of a few riders that has native American heritage.

|

The poster formerly known as Sir Roostsalot.

6/6/2022 8:03 PM

Honestly.......he needs to believe in himself and make a change like Eli and Jason both did. Total change of program and it might revive him enough to start having some fun again. He's to young and talented to just hang it up. Even if he goes the privateer route for a series / season , at least give it a shot.

|

" And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

6/6/2022 8:14 PM

I’m definitely a fan. Hope he does whatever is best for himself.

|

6/6/2022 8:19 PM

Bikes don’t look very good tracking around.

|

6/6/2022 8:58 PM

He has taken a lot of bad licks but has accomplished more than most get the chance to do in this sport. The overall look of the "factory Suzuki" squad isn't a good one though. He does look like the outdoors is not his vibe at this point in his career. Can totally understand it-if he isn't into it then it is pretty hard to fake it out there.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

6/6/2022 8:58 PM

Cayden Thompson wrote:

...more

Motocross happened to him sadly

|

6/6/2022 9:03 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Honestly.......he needs to believe in himself and make a change like Eli and Jason both did. Total change of program and it ...more

He won’t have many options with teams (like this year). Jason and Eli had good team offers

Going privateer probably does not look that fun after getting paid for so long

|

6/6/2022 9:14 PM

are you asking, stating, or speculating?

|

2021 KTM 350 SXF
2006 KX250

6/6/2022 10:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/6/2022 10:07 PM

bvm111 wrote:

are you asking, stating, or speculating?

Yes!?

|

6/6/2022 11:27 PM

zacksavchuk wrote:

It hasn’t been looking good for JB lately. Didn’t race moto 2 at hangtown and has been riding around outside the top 20. Hate ...more

He led a few laps in SX this year...

|

6/7/2022 3:17 AM

In a way I’m glad to hear this, he has done more than his fair share of lawn darting and there have been real concerns about his head, so It’s good to see him walk away in one piece. Also sad to see as he’s one of those guys that had the talent but spent his whole 450 career just trying to get some momentum.

Im sure we haven’t seen the last of him. He seems like a guy that won’t find it hard to land himself a sweet job in the industry

|

6/7/2022 4:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/7/2022 4:19 AM

I know he doesn't have offers piling up like Tomac and Anderson did, but he always comes across like such a good fun dude and still has some real speed in there, and I'm not saying the bike is the problem at all, but he must have a few connections and people who'd want to help him put together a (relatively) well supported Supercross ride if he wanted a change of scenery?

Grab a Honda or Kawi, call in the favours and hookups along with a couple of legit sponsors... Probably suuuper naive thinking on my part, and I guess even the travelling / logistics side of things in the US is a big deal with the distances involved.

Could tap up the Indians again who sponsored Stew, at least there's a connection there with his ancestry... I don't know if that's racist in this day and age, but figured they could publicize it as a community kinda deal.

|

6/7/2022 4:45 AM

He is ill on the mic! So he should be ok, he even wrote a song to Suzuki with his boy Merc.

In all seriousness he needs to get off that bike and maybe pull a Wilson or Barcia next year and go the privateer route and wait for an injury to open a spot up. But unfortunately he isn't on a Barcia's, or even Wilson's level anymore to get that opportunity. Either way he needs get off that RM one way or another.
|

6/7/2022 4:59 AM

NorCalRedRyder wrote:

He is ill on the mic! So he should be ok, he even wrote a song to Suzuki with his boy Merc.

In all seriousness he needs ...more

We will see him in world SX I assume

|

6/7/2022 5:21 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

Honestly.......he needs to believe in himself and make a change like Eli and Jason both did. Total change of program and it ...more

Then problem is he can’t call his shot and go wherever he wants like Jason or Eli.

|

6/7/2022 6:27 AM

NorCalRedRyder wrote:

In all seriousness he needs ...more

If he could rap like that on all his songs bikes would be the last place I would be.

|

6/7/2022 7:00 AM

He seemed like he was struggling for the fitness to do SX races . It was never going to get any bet outdoor s . I don't think any bike can improve that .

|