Big James Yesterday

dirtnut98
Edited Date/Time 5/21/2017 7:23am
I have Know Big James since high school and ran into him yesterday in town .He said no out doors for Malcolm and big plans for James and Malcolm for their own team next year . He seemed very up beat and positive and said James was committed 100% to give his all next year !!
|
dirtnut98
5/21/2017 4:13am
dirtnut98 wrote:
I have Know Big James since high school and ran into him yesterday in town .He said no out doors for Malcolm and big plans for...
I have Know Big James since high school and ran into him yesterday in town .He said no out doors for Malcolm and big plans for James and Malcolm for their own team next year . He seemed very up beat and positive and said James was committed 100% to give his all next year !!
Did not post to stir the pot , just thought it was interesting that's all . Known the Stewarts all my life . I read on here all the time first time posting ever . Just get tired of the bs . Much like any motor sports it cost money and at the end of the day its about money and business .
MR. X
5/21/2017 4:29am
dirtnut98 wrote:
Did not post to stir the pot , just thought it was interesting that's all . Known the Stewarts all my life . I read on...
Did not post to stir the pot , just thought it was interesting that's all . Known the Stewarts all my life . I read on here all the time first time posting ever . Just get tired of the bs . Much like any motor sports it cost money and at the end of the day its about money and business .
HI James !

The Shop

JSmith
5/21/2017 5:04am Edited Date/Time 5/21/2017 5:42am
I thought he was going to show up at Daytona?

James needs to call Roczen and sign up for his 'Fan Communication 101' class. Roczen would probably let James take the class for free.
Jmicmoto13
5/21/2017 5:08am
dirtnut98 wrote:
I have Know Big James since high school and ran into him yesterday in town .He said no out doors for Malcolm and big plans for...
dirtnut98 wrote:
Did not post to stir the pot , just thought it was interesting that's all . Known the Stewarts all my life . I read on...
I believe you. I speak with someone frequently who knows them closely and he has said something similar. Keyboard warriors give no one a break. i guess we will see what happens.
krypto71
5/21/2017 5:38am
I think I'll just wait patiently to see photos and/or video of James actually riding the motorcycle. lol
WillyB
5/21/2017 5:39am
thanks for the update!
5/21/2017 5:48am
Always been a big fan of both Stewarts, but it's getting ridiculous now. Seems like Malcolm is just trying to stay relevant with his social media posts without doing much work. At the end of the day this is a job and if your resume isn't comparable to the next guy in line, see ya. When you worked about 6 months in the last two years and still show up late and unprepared for your new job it's not a good look. The ship has sailed, should have done what deano did.
Steve 396
5/21/2017 6:26am
I think we all want to see him come back and Malcolm put in the work too. With the way this whole thing has been handled since James suspension how can you blame his fans for being at least a little tired of this type of info coming out via a rumor? Would be nice to see some real info from the man himself and the follow thru on what is said. Until then, always going to be doubt in everyone mind. And, I dont blame them. Sure would like to see both back out there giving it a SERIOUS go of it. We will see.....
downard254
5/21/2017 6:26am
Sadly, I think time is passing him by. I remember reading once where RC himself said time away from competition makes you lose reaction time, which in this sport, is highly recommended. IF he does come back, I think he will find the class has upped its pace from what he remembers. Anywho, like said above, I'll believe it when I see the bike on the track.
omalley
5/21/2017 6:32am
dirtnut98 wrote:
dirtnut98 wrote:
The problem is that you're dealing with a racer who has a long history of big claims and low delivery. Seemingly every year after his first few where he was in the hunt and putting in the work it's:
"Big things next year"
"Sitting out series X to come back strong for series Y"
"Blisters"
"Setup issues"
"Went the wrong way on changes"
"I'm not done yet"
"Not competitive without a factory ECU" (total horseshit)
Etc.

The "I'll believe it when I see it" response from folks is a natural reaction.

The sad part is that many (including me) would support him just retiring. He put in the work, gave fans some amazing memories of his unreal abilities, and left his mark on MX history. But stop putting out hype that doesn't deliver and tarnishing your legacy.

As far as the ECU, in my opinion the only ECU in his life from here on out will be Eating on the Couch in his Underwear...
JRT812
5/21/2017 6:34am
JSmith wrote:
I thought he was going to show up at Daytona? James needs to call Roczen and sign up for his 'Fan Communication 101' class. Roczen would...

James needs to call Roczen and sign up for his 'Fan Communication 101' class. Roczen would probably let James take the class for free.
It's been confirmed by his camp
Ryno23
Fantasy
878th
5/21/2017 6:54am Edited Date/Time 5/21/2017 6:56am
omalley wrote:
The problem is that you're dealing with a racer who has a long history of big claims and low delivery. Seemingly every year after his first...
The problem is that you're dealing with a racer who has a long history of big claims and low delivery. Seemingly every year after his first few where he was in the hunt and putting in the work it's:
"Big things next year"
"Blisters"
"Setup issues"
"I'm not done yet"
Etc.

The sad part is that many (including me) would support him just retiring. He put in the work, gave fans some amazing memories of his unreal abilities, and left his mark on MX history. But stop putting out hype that doesn't deliver and tarnishing your legacy.

As far as the ECU, in my opinion the only ECU in his life from here on out will be Eating on the Couch in his Underwear...
This^^^
James is just dragging his fans along. JUST race or retire PLEASE! Either way I respect and admire what he's done for this sport.

Except for the blister excuse. That's just being a pussy.
pmshortt2
5/21/2017 7:03am
omalley wrote:
The problem is that you're dealing with a racer who has a long history of big claims and low delivery. Seemingly every year after his first...
"Big things next year"
"Blisters"
"Setup issues"
"I'm not done yet"
Etc.

Ryno23 wrote:
This^^^ James is just dragging his fans along. JUST race or retire PLEASE! Either way I respect and admire what he's done for this sport. Except...
This^^^
James is just dragging his fans along. JUST race or retire PLEASE! Either way I respect and admire what he's done for this sport.

Except for the blister excuse. That's just being a pussy.
My neighbor has known James since elementary school, and he told me the same thing you're reading on here. Weather you guys believe this or not is totally up to you. You'll see when next season comes
steed 2.0
5/21/2017 7:21am
malcolmstewartIt "is unfortunate, but I will not be racing this outdoor season due to my racing budget and sponsors. We stretched the limit in order to race SX but there's no way we can get the funds together to race outdoors. I should be thankful enough that I was able to do 15 rounds of Supercross, due to the fact everything was so last minute but I really do wish I could be out there this summer doing what I love...sometimes you just have to bit your lip and make the right decisions. So unfortunately I will be sitting on the sidelines but you best bet if the opportunity presents itself as a fill in or whatever may come up, I will be there ready to race. In the meantime I just got me a new Bike so..... I will be putting some Time on that thing getting ready for whatever comes next!"
motogrady
5/21/2017 7:35am

I don't any of the Stewart's, or their neighbors, or their high school buddies.
But, after dealing with people, in a lot of different ways, for a lot of years, this is another guys 2 cents.

He was burned out in a massive way.
He was hurt, a lot, and was tired of that also.
He got married, had a kid, and is enjoying what most guys do at that age.

But.

He's been away from it for a good bit.
He might just be kinda starting to miss it.
He's had time to heal.
Pain from injury, and the memory of it, in most cases, fades with time.
And the wife and kid thing might be getting a bit old.
He might just wanna just get out of the house for a bit.

So, one guy would not be surprised to see 7 out there again.
Think about it, Roczen, who knows how that will work out.
Dungey is gone.
Tomac might keep it on 2 wheels, but if he doesn't, who else has the speed Janes has?

Ya, would not be a shocker to see the guy out there next year.
5/21/2017 8:09am
dirtnut98 wrote:
100% of What?
MX-LIFE.
5/21/2017 8:15am
JSmith wrote:
I thought he was going to show up at Daytona? James needs to call Roczen and sign up for his 'Fan Communication 101' class. Roczen would...

Why?
5/21/2017 8:33am
What's the over/under on his weight IF he shows up next year.

After all, he had almost a year and a half to get in shape the last time we went thru this and we know how that turned out.

I get the feeling that Big James read too many P.T. Barnum books about marketing strategy.
pamoto
5/21/2017 8:36am
dirtnut99 wrote:
via GIPHY Leaked footage from the new honda factory heli-shoot promo.

via GIPHY

Leaked footage from the new honda factory heli-shoot promo.
Now that made me LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dadofagun
Fantasy
1926th
5/21/2017 8:43am Edited Date/Time 5/21/2017 8:47am
Jesus.... At this point, who gives a shit?!? Big James said "blah blah blah....". Not the first time, and obviously not the last . There comes a time when you sit back and look at the big pic and realize that talk is cheap, action speaks. And as far as action is concerned? Pics of a customized bike, or a vid of a guy throwing a whip in his backyard don't cut it.... Line up and race like a man, with zilch excuses for your results, or stay at home and do whatever your hearts content with. Pretty simple actually.....
ab
5/21/2017 9:02am
What blows my mind is that reporters or industry insiders have not been able to get a concrete answer from anybody in the Stewart camp, but now big James is telling their whole plan to all his high school buddies that are vital members??? seems fishy.
DemoDick
5/21/2017 9:05am
If both of went out in a truck and hit at least the east coast races on some stock bikes I would give a shit. Otherwise I don't give a flying fu$k

There is a race a mere 10 hr drive from thier house. There is no excuse not to be there. If they were actually serious they could crowdfund 2 new bikes by posting on vital in an hour. Not that they need the money. Red bull wouldn't drop $50k to have them show up at a single race?

dadofagun
Fantasy
1926th
5/21/2017 9:07am
ab wrote:
What blows my mind is that reporters or industry insiders have not been able to get a concrete answer from anybody in the Stewart camp, but...
What blows my mind is that reporters or industry insiders have not been able to get a concrete answer from anybody in the Stewart camp, but now big James is telling their whole plan to all his high school buddies that are vital members??? seems fishy.
Same here. James Jr. is a grown man, but yet can't speak for himself.....Daddy has to do it. Only thing left would be to see the Stewart news printed in the National Enquirer.....
oshow
5/21/2017 9:09am
James Stewart on a motorcycle is a damn nice thing to watch.
JSmith
5/21/2017 9:14am Edited Date/Time 5/21/2017 9:16am
JSmith wrote:

MX-LIFE. wrote:
Why?
To slow down/stop the loss of his fan base. Why do you think Roczen is communicating so clearly with his fans?
agn5009
5/21/2017 9:25am
DemoDick wrote:
If both of went out in a truck and hit at least the east coast races on some stock bikes I would give a shit. Otherwise...
If both of went out in a truck and hit at least the east coast races on some stock bikes I would give a shit. Otherwise I don't give a flying fu$k

There is a race a mere 10 hr drive from thier house. There is no excuse not to be there. If they were actually serious they could crowdfund 2 new bikes by posting on vital in an hour. Not that they need the money. Red bull wouldn't drop $50k to have them show up at a single race?

No, red bull wouldn't. They've dropped enough money into him over the last couple years and got nothing in return.
agn5009
5/21/2017 9:25am
ab wrote:
What blows my mind is that reporters or industry insiders have not been able to get a concrete answer from anybody in the Stewart camp, but...
dadofagun wrote:
Same here. James Jr. is a grown man, but yet can't speak for himself.....Daddy has to do it. Only thing left would be to see the...
Same here. James Jr. is a grown man, but yet can't speak for himself.....Daddy has to do it. Only thing left would be to see the Stewart news printed in the National Enquirer.....
He ain't a big enough celebrity for that.

Post a reply to: Big James Yesterday

The Latest