Barcia

motomike137
Edited Date/Time 4/17/2018 4:14pm
Got to throw a shout out to my favorite rider. He came back after considerable time off with a really nice ride. I can't wait to see him outdoors.
|
BobKerr
4/16/2018 7:36am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2018 7:37am
He definitely came back strong. I think he will be on or near the podium A LOT this summer.

OA: 5th
M1: 3rd
M2: 7th
M3: 5th
jsmi33966
4/16/2018 7:52am
Barcia is going to kick ass outdoors.
kkawboy14
4/16/2018 8:05am
Dude is for real.....I never thought for a minute that he forgot how to ride!

The Shop

mxb2
4/16/2018 8:35am
Got to throw a shout out to my favorite rider. He came back after considerable time off with a really nice ride. I can't wait to...
Got to throw a shout out to my favorite rider. He came back after considerable time off with a really nice ride. I can't wait to see him outdoors.
Bam bam
make1go
4/16/2018 8:49am
Hope he can stay off the ground and put a decent blok races together.. if he can hes fast enough to grab a 450 title.
GTCD15317
4/16/2018 8:58am
He just seems to be relaxed and in good spirits this year, I hope he kills it outdoors.

burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
4/16/2018 11:44am
It seems like Barcia has matured quite a bit over the last couple of years.
gharmon
4/16/2018 11:51am
I haven't always like his riding style but he has for sure always giving everything he had when he has raced for us at the mxdn(and he acted like he wanted to be there). He' had some memorably rides there, especially the last one! I'm rooting for the kid! He is good for our sport though.
Drtbykr
4/16/2018 12:01pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2018 12:02pm
I’m glad he is back to add excitement to a depleted field. His Bubba Scrub pass was awesome.

The way the top guys were accelerating over the two table tops, blew my mind.

Haven’t seen him in person since his 250 days. Maybe someone suggested you don’t have to rev the piss
out of a 450 factory machine. I don’t know if he still does or not, but he seems smoother, more composed and there is less Bam-Bam and more racing the track. Gotta do well, weddings are expensive.
Titane
4/16/2018 12:44pm
He slow down on nice cars, engage with European girl, traveling..
And maybe he saw how it’s easy to be back as a privateer ..
gt80rider
4/16/2018 12:56pm
He had a solid ride back... Hope he goes 100% Bam-Bam outdoors!!!
benstone
4/16/2018 6:01pm
I was at the race in MN and he looked great all night. Very solid night considering he was coming off an injury. Greatest part was that no matter I was looking on the track Saturday night I always new when Barcia was coming by our seats. He bounced off the rev limiter EVERY SINGLE TIME on the triple going into the corner before the finish line. Good Stuff.
magoo1982
4/16/2018 7:56pm
Impressive !!! Glad we have another guy battling up front to make more interesting ....
Asimo
4/16/2018 10:32pm
Matthes and Weege were talking about how he got hit by a Mule and broke his leg?

Or was that Webb who is out now?
MelonFan123
4/16/2018 10:41pm
Asimo wrote:
Matthes and Weege were talking about how he got hit by a Mule and broke his leg?

Or was that Webb who is out now?
it was Barcia's mechanic that got hit by one of the stadium workers Mule. Wrecked his knee - MCL i think they said?

Webb's crash in the last main resulted in a broken Tib in his leg. early reports said he'll miss the first 4 weeks of outdoors.
Doddy
4/16/2018 11:55pm
Drtbykr wrote:
I’m glad he is back to add excitement to a depleted field. His Bubba Scrub pass was awesome. The way the top guys were accelerating over...
I’m glad he is back to add excitement to a depleted field. His Bubba Scrub pass was awesome.

The way the top guys were accelerating over the two table tops, blew my mind.

Haven’t seen him in person since his 250 days. Maybe someone suggested you don’t have to rev the piss
out of a 450 factory machine. I don’t know if he still does or not, but he seems smoother, more composed and there is less Bam-Bam and more racing the track. Gotta do well, weddings are expensive.
Like him or hate him(aside from the past few years), he was exciting to watch. He still revs to the moon on his Yami, this time around though he took a slower motor. I remember an interview or a short clip of him explaining how Yamaha brought him out 3 bikes with 3 different motors. A low, a medium, and hard hitter. He says he chose the middle of the road one. Perhaps a little less power just suits his style better.

Also, the brides parents usually cover the wedding. It's the marriage that's expensive .....or is that the divorce?
Asimo
4/17/2018 7:57am
it was Barcia's mechanic that got hit by one of the stadium workers Mule. Wrecked his knee - MCL i think they said? Webb's crash in...
it was Barcia's mechanic that got hit by one of the stadium workers Mule. Wrecked his knee - MCL i think they said?

Webb's crash in the last main resulted in a broken Tib in his leg. early reports said he'll miss the first 4 weeks of outdoors.
Damn, that wrecks two seasons in a year.
LBrooks
4/17/2018 8:06am
Not well known, but the big change is that he works with ben bostrom this year.
TeamGreen
4/17/2018 8:39am
LBrooks wrote:
So, he’s been riding flat-track?
(Joke)
WeiserGuy
4/17/2018 10:32am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2018 10:35am
LBrooks wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
(Joke)
All joking aside it would only help him.

Throttle control and that "feel" over different racing surfaces don't apply at all when it comes to modern day 450s, especially when you go from slick surfaces to rutted clay.
(joke)

Where can one of those retro Bam Bam caps be had?
LBrooks
4/17/2018 10:50am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2018 10:51am
LBrooks wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
(Joke)
WeiserGuy wrote:
All joking aside it would only help him. Throttle control and that [b]"feel"[/b] over different racing surfaces don't apply at all when it comes to modern...

Throttle control and that "feel" over different racing surfaces don't apply at all when it comes to modern day 450s, especially when you go from slick surfaces to rutted clay.
(joke)

No, it obviously did help him.
WeiserGuy
4/17/2018 1:23pm
TeamGreen wrote:
(Joke)
WeiserGuy wrote:
All joking aside it would only help him. Throttle control and that [b]"feel"[/b] over different racing surfaces don't apply at all when it comes to modern...

(joke)

LBrooks wrote:
Absolutely without a doubt if he did indeed put some flat track work in. My post was a sarcastic tongue in cheek joke and I'm a big believer FT work.

Kudos to Mr. Barcia if he did and I'd keep it to myself. Out of all the current factory guys he would benefit the most from flat track seat time. IMHO in the primere class he has continued to attempt to over ride the most powerful bikes in the world in tight confines and on the most important part of the track, the turns.

I've admired flat track for years but I'm hooked on it these days. Riding the edge sideways is where it's at.
LBrooks
4/17/2018 4:14pm
WeiserGuy wrote:

(joke)

LBrooks wrote:
WeiserGuy wrote:
Absolutely without a doubt if he did indeed put some flat track work in. My post was a sarcastic tongue in cheek joke and I'm a...
Absolutely without a doubt if he did indeed put some flat track work in. My post was a sarcastic tongue in cheek joke and I'm a big believer FT work.

Kudos to Mr. Barcia if he did and I'd keep it to myself. Out of all the current factory guys he would benefit the most from flat track seat time. IMHO in the primere class he has continued to attempt to over ride the most powerful bikes in the world in tight confines and on the most important part of the track, the turns.

I've admired flat track for years but I'm hooked on it these days. Riding the edge sideways is where it's at.
No flat tracking. Ben is now a “trainer”.
In moto, their called “trainer’s”, but I’d call Ben a “life coach”.

Post a reply to: Barcia

The Latest