Answer Racing in Trouble?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/30/2020 7:40 AM

So I bought two sets of Arkon gear recently because it looked pretty sharp and fairly vented. On my second day of wearing one set, the seam on the back of the left thigh ripped apart from right above my knee to the top. Last week I used their contact form explaining the situation. Over the weekend the other set I purchased did the exact same thing. I found a phone number on their facebook page, however when you dial the extension for Answer you get no answer and a "voicemail box is full" message. With no response as of yet, I began to get concerned. One of my friends said he had heard Answer laid off all of their employees. With powersports booming right now in the US I'd be kind of surprised, although that would explain the closeout pricing from Tucker on the limited edition stuff I got that was just released during Daytona Bike Week. I'm hoping this isn't the case, and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the situation.

|

6/30/2020 8:06 AM

Called Answer... No Answer.

|

6/30/2020 8:15 AM

I can't give you an Answer for that

|

Braaaaaaaap!!

6/30/2020 8:18 AM

RV might have an Answer for you

|

6/30/2020 8:21 AM

I hope they pull through.

|

6/30/2020 8:22 AM

It could be unrelated, but, on the pulp show a few weeks ago when Lucas Mirtl was on, it was mentioned that Answer didn't renew their deal with Villopoto. Perhaps they are having money issues.

|

6/30/2020 8:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/30/2020 8:25 AM

You actually would probably get a response from Nick Wey if you messaged him

|

6/30/2020 8:25 AM

Answer will likely sell gear through 2021 but will cease after that. They didn’t renew RV or Nick Wey. As far as I’ve heard, they may not have any riders next year.

|

6/30/2020 8:26 AM

Payup_199 wrote:

You actually would probably get a response from Nick Wey if you messaged him

shush

|

6/30/2020 8:27 AM

Hate to hear that...😕

|

6/30/2020 8:33 AM

ML512 wrote:

Answer will likely sell gear through 2021 but will cease after that. They didn’t renew RV or Nick Wey. As far as I’ve heard, they may not have any riders next year.

Do they have any current pros wearing the gear?

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head?

|

6/30/2020 8:40 AM

ML512 wrote:

Answer will likely sell gear through 2021 but will cease after that. They didn’t renew RV or Nick Wey. As far as I’ve heard, they may not have any riders next year.

LungButter wrote:

Do they have any current pros wearing the gear?

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head?

Cairoli

|

6/30/2020 8:41 AM

LungButter wrote:

Do they have any current pros wearing the gear?

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head?

Fredrik Noren, Alex Martin, and Tyler Bowers off the top of mine.

I know a lot of crew has been sidelined through the pandemic.

|

6/30/2020 8:41 AM

Alex Martin wears Answer.

|

6/30/2020 8:42 AM

ML512 wrote:

Answer will likely sell gear through 2021 but will cease after that. They didn’t renew RV or Nick Wey. As far as I’ve heard, they may not have any riders next year.

LungButter wrote:

Do they have any current pros wearing the gear?

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head?

2F4A wrote:

Cairoli

Cairoli is Thor.

Answer has JGR, Bowers and a couple others.

|

6/30/2020 8:42 AM

Still active on Instagram, an hour ago they posted a picture..

|

6/30/2020 8:43 AM

LungButter wrote:

Do they have any current pros wearing the gear?

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head?

2F4A wrote:

Cairoli

ML512 wrote:

Cairoli is Thor.

Answer has JGR, Bowers and a couple others.

You are probably right, 2019 they had Cairoli.

|

6/30/2020 9:06 AM

From what I have heard is that they are completely restaffing the entire brand. From warehouse workers all the way up.

|

6/30/2020 9:17 AM

I don't see Answer in the bike shops around where I live, and without a winning pro rider in the last few years to showcase their product, the brand has slipped off the radar maybe?

I don't get sponsoring Nick Wey, I see him around here in his MTB gear a bit, but its not like he is getting any attention wearing their stuff.

I loved their race kit back about a decade ago, but the last set I bought kind of fell apart quickly.

I hope they can pull though.

|

6/30/2020 9:25 AM

Been wearing answer for a couple years now, guess I'll finally make the switch to some AM motocross gear. I've been eyeing it for a while and another positive is its manufactured in the United states. Anyone with some reviews on the AM brand gear?

|

6/30/2020 9:26 AM

FWIW, I have 2 sets of their current 2020 stuff. Both are holding up fine with no probs and these are the only pants I've found that allow your ass to survive the Husky seat cover.

|

Powerband in every gear !

6/30/2020 10:23 AM

The gear getting showed off by RV when he first signed looked really sweet though

|

6/30/2020 10:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/30/2020 10:51 AM

Companies could probably save themselves if they’d re-release old popular designs, I’d buy a few sets. AXO fucked up by not doing the same, the one retro Bradshaw era set that they did was close but no cigar, right idea but poor execution. Sinisalo could have killed it with some McGrath stuff but look where they are now.

Photo

|

6/30/2020 11:19 AM

peltier626 wrote:

Been wearing answer for a couple years now, guess I'll finally make the switch to some AM motocross gear. I've been eyeing it for a while and another positive is its manufactured in the United states. Anyone with some reviews on the AM brand gear?

I like the AM stuff a lot. Nice material, stretchy so it feels more like athletic gear than a burlap sack, and seems to be well made. It's not the thickest stuff so don't expect for it to last forever, but for the price I love it.

|

6/30/2020 11:26 AM

nytsmaC wrote:

Companies could probably save themselves if they’d re-release old popular designs, I’d buy a few sets. AXO fucked up by not doing the same, the one retro Bradshaw era set that they did was close but no cigar, right idea but poor execution. Sinisalo could have killed it with some McGrath stuff but look where they are now.

Photo

They always have to update the old design. I'm with you,. just copy the old stuff. No artistic interpretation needed or wanted.

JT, AXO, Sinisalo, Shift that Emig wore, all that stuff was cool.

|

6/30/2020 11:58 AM

CLT809 wrote:

So I bought two sets of Arkon gear recently because it looked pretty sharp and fairly vented. On my second day of wearing one set, the seam on the back of the left thigh ripped apart from right above my knee to the top. Last week I used their contact form explaining the situation. Over the weekend the other set I purchased did the exact same thing. I found a phone number on their facebook page, however when you dial the extension for Answer you get no answer and a "voicemail box is full" message. With no response as of yet, I began to get concerned. One of my friends said he had heard Answer laid off all of their employees. With powersports booming right now in the US I'd be kind of surprised, although that would explain the closeout pricing from Tucker on the limited edition stuff I got that was just released during Daytona Bike Week. I'm hoping this isn't the case, and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the situation.

We gave our son a new pair of Answer boots for Christmas this past year. The buckles on both have ripped out. I contacted them and no response. Bummer for the boy and for them if they are going out of business..

|

6/30/2020 12:05 PM

So the real question is, What does RV wear if not Answer? w00t

|

6/30/2020 12:22 PM

CivBars wrote:

So the real question is, What does RV wear if not Answer? w00t

View this post on Instagram

"So you're saying 30% off ocelot is the best we can do?" 🤔😂

A post shared by D E A N O (@deanwilson15) on

|

6/30/2020 1:55 PM

peltier626 wrote:

Been wearing answer for a couple years now, guess I'll finally make the switch to some AM motocross gear. I've been eyeing it for a while and another positive is its manufactured in the United states. Anyone with some reviews on the AM brand gear?

misterwaterfallin wrote:

I like the AM stuff a lot. Nice material, stretchy so it feels more like athletic gear than a burlap sack, and seems to be well made. It's not the thickest stuff so don't expect for it to last forever, but for the price I love it.

Thanks, I think I'll give AM a try.

|

6/30/2020 2:13 PM

I miss Sinisalo.

(and that Dean Wilson post was gold!)

|