best 125 engine builder?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/28/2017 9:30 PM

I've got a 02 cr125 and I'm getting ready to stash it for winter. I wanted to pull the motor and send it to someone who can to a complete rebuild, tune-up, and some performance mods. I'm mostly leaning towards Gorr, but wanted to know if there are any good unsung heros out there. Thanks

|

Hope for the best, Prepare for the worst.

8/28/2017 11:59 PM

Twisted Development or Pro Circuit

|

8/29/2017 2:04 AM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

Twisted Development or Pro Circuit

I'll check out twisted development, I know pro circuit. Thanks for the info man smile

|

Hope for the best, Prepare for the worst.

8/29/2017 6:54 AM

that bike will accept a HPP top end look into that before you waste your money on the cylinder you have

|

8/29/2017 12:07 PM

pete24 wrote:

that bike will accept a HPP top end look into that before you waste your money on the cylinder you have

I do want to get it ported and was thinking about sticking a vhm head on it, but I'd still like to send the full motor in for a top to bottom rebuild. I wanted to get some performance bottom end work done. But if a HPP top end can make a huge difference then yeah, I'd rather not blow all my cash on a bottom end. I'll check it out, thanks for the info

|

Hope for the best, Prepare for the worst.

8/29/2017 4:27 PM

Ron Hamp may be worth checking into

|

8/30/2017 6:45 PM

Eric gorr or Ron hamp

|

8/30/2017 8:20 PM

themannimal356 wrote:

Eric gorr or Ron hamp

A bit fat Negative to Eric Gorr. Total hack.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

8/30/2017 8:30 PM

I have had nothing but good luck with him on my yamahas he's done for me in the past Guess u got a lemon

|

8/30/2017 8:41 PM

Chad watts

|

8/30/2017 8:52 PM

Squidward wrote:

I've got a 02 cr125 and I'm getting ready to stash it for winter. I wanted to pull the motor and send it to someone who can to a complete rebuild, tune-up, and some performance mods. I'm mostly leaning towards Gorr, but wanted to know if there are any good unsung heros out there. Thanks

I've heard great things about JM racing in Texas. He used to do the CR125 engines for Honda of Houston back in the day. Going to send them mine in a month or so.

|

8/31/2017 3:52 AM

I recommend Millennium. Tom Morgan knows how to make an engine do what you ask. I have had many engines done there and have always been pleased. Ask for Jeff he's great to deal with.

|

8/31/2017 6:23 AM

themannimal356 wrote:

I have had nothing but good luck with him on my yamahas he's done for me in the past Guess u got a lemon

It seems like there's more and more getting lemons from EG lately unfortunately. The guy is an excellent tuner but his work has been lacking in the last few years.

|

8/31/2017 7:27 AM

Haeseker racing has top shelf work.

|

Livin' the dream, two wheels at a time!

8/31/2017 7:38 PM

Thanks so much guys, twisted development says they wouldn't mind taking my bike in as a project for them to see what type of power they can make out of it, if I can get the scratch to ship it to cali, and pay for the engine work, they'll put it on the dyno, and send it to the track to push it to its limits. So I'm probably leaning that way more than anything, but thanks for all the input. I'm not so sure on gorr now hearing about what's been going on with him lately, so I'm glad I didn't ship it off to him without a second thought.

|

Hope for the best, Prepare for the worst.

8/31/2017 9:27 PM

When it comes to CR 2T's, Terry Varner is the guy! I had him do a CR250 for me and couldn't be more pleased smile

Have heard great things about TD and Tom Morgan also; good call staying away from EG for now...

|

8/31/2017 9:42 PM

Squidward wrote:

Thanks so much guys, twisted development says they wouldn't mind taking my bike in as a project for them to see what type of power they can make out of it, if I can get the scratch to ship it to cali, and pay for the engine work, they'll put it on the dyno, and send it to the track to push it to its limits. So I'm probably leaning that way more than anything, but thanks for all the input. I'm not so sure on gorr now hearing about what's been going on with him lately, so I'm glad I didn't ship it off to him without a second thought.

With all the knowledge chad watts has from Honda I would go with him. I know some friends that have had engines done and they are very happy. Be worth a phone call before you make your mind up

|

9/1/2017 5:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/1/2017 6:36 AM

#michaelbennettperformance MBP Is by you in Minnesota. Foley, just east of st. Cloud

Racembp@gmail.com
320-204-5050
MBP, LLC on Facebook
Motowrench188 on Instagram

|

9/4/2017 7:52 AM

Feel free to check us out if you are still looking for work. We're relatively new to the internet and social media side of the world but have been around a long time and really know how to bring a CR125 to life. Our FB/instagram is @vperacing and has our contact info on it as well.

Stephen Vertucci

|

9/4/2017 11:55 AM

VPEracing wrote:

Feel free to check us out if you are still looking for work. We're relatively new to the internet and social media side of the world but have been around a long time and really know how to bring a CR125 to life. Our FB/instagram is @vperacing and has our contact info on it as well.

Stephen Vertucci

I'll check you guys out, thanks for the notice smile

|

Hope for the best, Prepare for the worst.