Solar Eclipse Today

Related:
Create New Tag

8/21/2017 8:45 AM

Check it out y'all, don't miss it!

yo where da sun go

|

8/21/2017 9:32 AM

Been watching the news this morning quite a bit. We have about a 1/4 of the sun covered now and then total coverage at 10:15am. ( or right around there ). My brother is at his vacation home in central Oregon , and says it's pretty crazy how many people are there. Over 100,000 people in one area where there are two huge field's. Pretty cool event.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

8/21/2017 9:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/21/2017 9:36 AM

Just peeked outside to take a quick look. Pretty cool watching it slowly move across the sun if you stare at it for a few minutes or so. Another 45 minutes and it'll be completely covered.

|

Turning dreams into realities one day at a time.

8/21/2017 9:44 AM

From Colorado springs, Took the pics with my camera thru a welders glass (Took it out of the Helmet)

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

8/21/2017 10:38 AM

Never wanted to stare at the sun so bad.. oh well

Photo

|

8/21/2017 10:38 AM

Very neat experience. Kind of a somber moment having it get partially dark and cool down so quickly.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

8/21/2017 10:41 AM

Just passed through here. I thought it was going to be stupid. But wow that was probably one of the coolest things I have ever seen. It literally was night time for a few minutes

|

8/21/2017 10:56 AM

It was supposed to be 90% in the Seattle area. It got a little darker, but not as dark as I thought it would get.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

8/21/2017 10:59 AM

This is as close as it got to total for us here
Photo

|

8/21/2017 11:05 AM

Just grabbed a welding helmet and walked outside, it's about 1/3 covered here in wny. Supposed to be 2:30 peak.

|

8/21/2017 11:26 AM

Was able to snag a pair of solar glasses and it peaked here in Plano at 1:09.

|

8/21/2017 11:40 AM

We had a decent portion of the top of the sun showing. It was noticeably darker but not like other places got.

|

8/21/2017 11:45 AM

That was......anticlimactic. Well I've seen one now, so I know to ignore the hype whenever the next one comes around.

|

I can do anything, I'm an expert.
MotoTribology.com - Motorcycle Lubrication Education

8/21/2017 12:05 PM

MotoTribology wrote:

That was......anticlimactic. Well I've seen one now, so I know to ignore the hype whenever the next one comes around.

Sort of agree... I mean, I guess it was cool for a brief moment seeing it covered, but it didn't live up to they hype.

|

8/21/2017 12:30 PM

MotoTribology wrote:

JRT812 wrote:

Sort of agree... I mean, I guess it was cool for a brief moment seeing it covered, but it didn't live up to they hype.

i agree, comets should have come and started destroying the world

|

8/21/2017 12:33 PM

And a Shit Load of people in Oregon right now are sitting in, and will sit in, huge traffic jams for hours. Which are way worse than the traffic jams when people were casually traveling to that area before the eclipse.

|

8/21/2017 12:40 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Very neat experience. Kind of a somber moment having it get partially dark and cool down so quickly.

Here too. The temperature change was the most surprising. Pretty drastic.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

8/21/2017 1:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/21/2017 1:07 PM

peelout wrote:

i agree, comets should have come and started destroying the world

I mean, there could've at least been a rad laser light show. Now that would have been worth the hype!

Or the sun could've sent a solar flare to destroy the moon for being such a dick. Is that too much to ask?

|

I can do anything, I'm an expert.
MotoTribology.com - Motorcycle Lubrication Education

8/21/2017 1:27 PM

They seemed pumped for a brief moment haha. I was about to head to gas station and saw the traffic jam.... I will wait

|

8/21/2017 1:33 PM

MX Guy wrote:

Check it out y'all, don't miss it!

yo where da sun go

Photo

|

8/21/2017 3:07 PM

Charleston was in the path of totality so we walked down to the beach to check it out. Things started changing at 3/4 eclipsed. Air temp dropped whole bunch. Everything large and small looked more defined and of different shades without the sun's glare. A very unique look. At 100% you could look at the eclipse w/o protective glasses. That was wild with only a bright ring around a black moon. I told he Warden that I was compelled to remove my trunks but she quickly brought sensibility back to the situation. The waves were flatter than normal with a huge drift. That was odd, too.

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/folly-beach-draws-eclipse-lovers-to-witness-historic-event/article_0a9e8ab0-86ac-11e7-91c5-4b645a8499d3.html

|

8/21/2017 3:19 PM

The neighbor's horse ran to the fence to greet me and bird's went a bit crazy, fairly cool event, specially when listening to Dark Side Of The Moon.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

8/21/2017 3:44 PM

Nighttrain wrote:

Charleston was in the path of totality so we walked down to the beach to check it out. Things started changing at 3/4 eclipsed. Air temp dropped whole bunch. Everything large and small looked more defined and of different shades without the sun's glare. A very unique look. At 100% you could look at the eclipse w/o protective glasses. That was wild with only a bright ring around a black moon. I told he Warden that I was compelled to remove my trunks but she quickly brought sensibility back to the situation. The waves were flatter than normal with a huge drift. That was odd, too.

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/folly-beach-draws-eclipse-lovers-to-witness-historic-event/article_0a9e8ab0-86ac-11e7-91c5-4b645a8499d3.html

No Spaghetti or other long noodles for you for, at least 10 days!

|

8/21/2017 3:54 PM

Nothing more than I expected, I was hearing stories of complete BULLSHIT, Imagine the folks that made bank off these idiot's who traveled hundreds of miles to get a "Total" they will convince themselves that it was worth it.

Seen a story of theorist believe God is connected to this and is coming in September.....Again.

|

8/21/2017 4:20 PM

One of the coolest things was , most people took the day off and my drive to and from work was quick.

|

8/21/2017 4:32 PM

Reese95w wrote:

No Spaghetti or other long noodles for you for, at least 10 days!

For sure, don't want to be possessed by a lunar spirit. The '84 partial eclipse in ATL had a bunch of hood dogs howling and a classmate fainted but this total one was an awe inspiring show from nature.

|

8/21/2017 7:08 PM

I brought a welding mask to work today and watched for a little bit, it was pretty damn funny to see our whole office outside in the parking lot passing the mask around lol. We actually lucked out big time, the clouds were at a perfect thickness to not completely cover the sun, but take just enough light away for pictures to come out nicely.

Photo

I feel bad for the kids in schools around here, the district sent a big old email out telling teachers to keep their kids inside and watch it on the computer (I'm assuming out of bullshit liability laws). How sad that we've gotten to the point where kids are watching a major cosmic even with so much learning potential through a tv screen, makes me sick to my stomach to think of how many missed out on this. I feel like people blew the safety thing waynout of the water, we didn't have a whole generation go blind 100 years ago when this happened and you know damn well they didn't get warned to not look at it. . .

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

8/21/2017 9:03 PM

I thought it was awesome. To each their own if they didn't dig it. Shepard Smith's rant on Fox News was ridiculous. What a child.

|

Osama Bin Mixin - Head of the 2-stroke Taliban

8/22/2017 6:36 AM

In Atlanta it was a tad strange. Like someone holding a UV filter in the sky. The temperature drop was cool.

|

8/22/2017 7:46 AM

JM485 wrote:

I brought a welding mask to work today and watched for a little bit, it was pretty damn funny to see our whole office outside in the parking lot passing the mask around lol. We actually lucked out big time, the clouds were at a perfect thickness to not completely cover the sun, but take just enough light away for pictures to come out nicely.

Photo

I feel bad for the kids in schools around here, the district sent a big old email out telling teachers to keep their kids inside and watch it on the computer (I'm assuming out of bullshit liability laws). How sad that we've gotten to the point where kids are watching a major cosmic even with so much learning potential through a tv screen, makes me sick to my stomach to think of how many missed out on this. I feel like people blew the safety thing waynout of the water, we didn't have a whole generation go blind 100 years ago when this happened and you know damn well they didn't get warned to not look at it. . .

Nice photo! Glad that my kids got to check it out while at school. Especially the change in temperature. Hard to replicate that in the classroom.

I still remember going outside (in elementary school) to check one of these out. And that was 1979 !! It looked a lot like this. Read the caption too.

Photo
FEB 22 1979, FEB 28 1979; A Partial Eclipse Is Total Fun!; Many Denverites took a guarded look at the sun - or at the sun's image - in a partial, 88 percent eclipse Monday. Denver Public School teachers took advantage of student interest in the astronomical phenomenon (there won't be another until the year 2017) to carry out some scientific classroom projects.; William Wilkin, principal at Stephen Knight Elementary School, 3245 E. Exposition Ave., said all 380 pupils left their classrooms to see the eclipse from the vantage point of the playground. Many youngsters made viewing boxes to watch the eclipse by projection.;

|