Meth

Edited Date/Time 1/23/2012 7:31pm
I'm losing one of my best friends to this drug. I'm not a violent woman but if I ever catch hold of the man selling meth to my friend you may hear about me on the nightly news. Dry
|
txmxer
Posts
9770
Joined
8/21/2006
Location
Weatherford, TX, USA
6/16/2008 8:26pm
sorry to hear it.

Sounds like it is serious enough for you to take drastic action if she means that much to you. An intervention...authorities...whatever it takes. There's endless dealers out there. Stopping her is the only answer (if there is an answer). Good luck and sorry to hear of your situation.
flarider
Posts
25496
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Daytona Beach, FL, USA
6/16/2008 8:28pm
Can't make someone quit if they don't want to
Scotty
Posts
4139
Joined
3/21/2008
Location
USA
6/16/2008 8:30pm
Lost my brother to that stuff.. I feel for ya!
Slow ~ Pro
Posts
3834
Joined
3/27/2008
Location
Capistrano Beach, CA, USA
6/16/2008 8:37pm
Understand that the drug has a pull that can't be described unless it has had you in it's grasp. I can relate, 15 years sober.

She is addicted...It's a word so widely used, but so mis-understood.

I met Jill, from episode #49 on intervention...the showed saved her life. You could contact them. She said the treatment changed her outlook, and she now works in rehabilitation.

http://www.aetv.com/intervention/index.jsp

One drug dealer is not provider her. There are several.

Something can be done but it takes effort.

Go save her life.

Good luck

The Shop

KTM boy 137
Posts
762
Joined
8/17/2006
Location
Brittlecreek, IL, USA
6/16/2008 9:13pm
flarider wrote:
Can't make someone quit if they don't want to
Yup.
Scotty
Posts
4139
Joined
3/21/2008
Location
USA
6/16/2008 9:20pm
flarider wrote:
Can't make someone quit if they don't want to
Its amazing what kind of a power this stuff has over people. They will do anything for a fix, including robbing their own grandmothers. You wouldn't believe the shit my brother did to our family. Last I heard, he was homeless and wandering the streets. This is from a guy who growing up, all he wanted to be was a cop. he got hooked when he was 17, and never looked back. I haven't seen him since my Dad died four years ago, and I hope I don't ever again.
KTM boy 137
Posts
762
Joined
8/17/2006
Location
Brittlecreek, IL, USA
6/16/2008 9:23pm
flarider wrote:
Can't make someone quit if they don't want to
Scotty wrote:
Its amazing what kind of a power this stuff has over people. They will do anything for a fix, including robbing their own grandmothers. You wouldn't...
Its amazing what kind of a power this stuff has over people. They will do anything for a fix, including robbing their own grandmothers. You wouldn't believe the shit my brother did to our family. Last I heard, he was homeless and wandering the streets. This is from a guy who growing up, all he wanted to be was a cop. he got hooked when he was 17, and never looked back. I haven't seen him since my Dad died four years ago, and I hope I don't ever again.
Wow.
Strong words.
I've read much on addiction - and have seen some nasty articles on that drug. Fucked up for sure.

Sorry to hear about your bro. Sometimes you gotta get to the very bottom of the barrel before you even think about going the other way.
kdx man
Posts
1065
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Kearny, NJ, USA
6/16/2008 9:33pm Edited Date/Time 6/16/2008 9:34pm
You know, there is a very interesting article in the new playboy with Dr. Drew and he talks alot about addiction. I found it really interesting. Might give some insight where to start with your friend.

Seriously.

Sorry about your friend, it is always a shitty situation to watch somebody deteriorate like that.
Slow ~ Pro
Posts
3834
Joined
3/27/2008
Location
Capistrano Beach, CA, USA
6/16/2008 9:47pm
kdx man wrote:
You know, there is a very interesting article in the new playboy with Dr. Drew and he talks alot about addiction. I found it really interesting...
You know, there is a very interesting article in the new playboy with Dr. Drew and he talks alot about addiction. I found it really interesting. Might give some insight where to start with your friend.

Seriously.

Sorry about your friend, it is always a shitty situation to watch somebody deteriorate like that.
Playboy, has articles ?
mxgrl
Posts
36
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
6/16/2008 10:48pm
kdx man wrote:
You know, there is a very interesting article in the new playboy with Dr. Drew and he talks alot about addiction. I found it really interesting...
You know, there is a very interesting article in the new playboy with Dr. Drew and he talks alot about addiction. I found it really interesting. Might give some insight where to start with your friend.

Seriously.

Sorry about your friend, it is always a shitty situation to watch somebody deteriorate like that.
Slow ~ Pro wrote:
Playboy, has articles ?
Great big round articles, last I heard.
crowe176
Posts
6613
Joined
9/8/2006
Location
Spring Lake, MI, USA
6/16/2008 11:13pm
My aunt has been in prison for almost a year for fraud and stealing over 200k from her job to cover her addiction. All she talks about is getting out and finding her real "friends". Fucking grown ass woman, 50 years old, I spent every summer at her house growning up.

I found out she had warrents and drove up to her house as I hadn't been there in a couple years. Place was a shit hole, fucking kids in there 20's walking around all strung out.

How does it get that bad?

Fucking pathetic.
Tiki
Posts
10680
Joined
8/1/2006
Location
Corona, CA, USA
Fantasy
6/16/2008 11:44pm
crowe176 wrote:
My aunt has been in prison for almost a year for fraud and stealing over 200k from her job to cover her addiction. All she talks...
My aunt has been in prison for almost a year for fraud and stealing over 200k from her job to cover her addiction. All she talks about is getting out and finding her real "friends". Fucking grown ass woman, 50 years old, I spent every summer at her house growning up.

I found out she had warrents and drove up to her house as I hadn't been there in a couple years. Place was a shit hole, fucking kids in there 20's walking around all strung out.

How does it get that bad?

Fucking pathetic.
I understand its a monkey that isn't racist by any social economic structure. Once you do it, your hooked.

Its freaky. People tell me about the stuff that happens in the valley here, Im amazed.
Thank Goodness for MX as my addiction. That stuff is spensive enough.
bd
Posts
6056
Joined
4/6/2007
Location
Las Vegas, NV, USA
6/16/2008 11:51pm
I hate Meth, Oxy Cotton, and Oxy Roxy. Everyone I know that has done Meth hasnt been the same.

Dont let her in your home... you'll be robbed.

Let her go unless she wants help... she'll hit rock bottom before she asks for help.

Sorry to hear the news.

By the way... this is one reasone why I dread moving back to Vegas. Vegas is the Meth capital.


JPT
Posts
7208
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Cedar Falls, IA, USA
6/17/2008 12:48am
bd wrote:
I hate Meth, Oxy Cotton, and Oxy Roxy. Everyone I know that has done Meth hasnt been the same. Dont let her in your home... you'll...
I hate Meth, Oxy Cotton, and Oxy Roxy. Everyone I know that has done Meth hasnt been the same.

Dont let her in your home... you'll be robbed.

Let her go unless she wants help... she'll hit rock bottom before she asks for help.

Sorry to hear the news.

By the way... this is one reasone why I dread moving back to Vegas. Vegas is the Meth capital.


Meth is everywhere. My brother is a deputy in a small county in Iowa. The largest town is 25,000 and it's mostly farms. He spends a good amount of time raiding labs out in the rural areas.
davis224
Posts
7603
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Cornland, IL, USA
Fantasy
6/17/2008 3:40am
Illinois has it bad with all the ammonia around for farm use, and I've heard it's worse in missouri.
6/17/2008 4:16am
crowe176 wrote:
My aunt has been in prison for almost a year for fraud and stealing over 200k from her job to cover her addiction. All she talks...
My aunt has been in prison for almost a year for fraud and stealing over 200k from her job to cover her addiction. All she talks about is getting out and finding her real "friends". Fucking grown ass woman, 50 years old, I spent every summer at her house growning up.

I found out she had warrents and drove up to her house as I hadn't been there in a couple years. Place was a shit hole, fucking kids in there 20's walking around all strung out.

How does it get that bad?

Fucking pathetic.
A few weeks ago me and several friends cleaned out 15 bags of garbage from this persons house. We used shovels to scoop up all the crap on the floors. It smelled horrible. I could tell stories about how it's affected my friend. Her house destroyed, holes in walls from fits of anger. She thinks she has it under control, and that I just don't understand. Shes mad that I am "judging" her.
6/17/2008 4:53am
I grew up in Fontana in the 80s and 90s that shit was everywhere. Saw alot of good kids waste away and a few relatives too. One thing I learned is your friends slowly die and another person takes over. As difficult as it was I had to turn my back on a few people. Told a buddy "When you want help I'll be here but until then I don't want to see you". The guy got hooked by some chick he used to date and I haven't seen or heard from him since. Last I heard he was stealing copper cable and old hot water heaters.
xewbx
Posts
717
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
6/17/2008 5:21am
Meth dealers should never serve time........they should be executed on sight. AZ has a big meth problem as well...........they cook it out in the desert, then they recruit middle school kids to give it away. Get the kids hooked young.

Was a woman in Phoenix last year..........she was forcing her 9 year old daughter to hook to feed both their meth habit.

Once somebody does meth.........they're done. They are never the same. They never get off it. They may be clean for a few years...........but they eventually do it again. Meth is terrible.
CR250Rider
Posts
6706
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Moses Lake, WA, USA
6/17/2008 5:37am
Meth is a death sentence.
a slow one that destroys the family too.
KTM boy 137
Posts
762
Joined
8/17/2006
Location
Brittlecreek, IL, USA
6/17/2008 6:25am
In Galesburg (hometown) there were tons of articles in the paper of how it was getting worse, and more and more labs were being discovered.

People driving around with labs cooking in the trunk of their car and stuff.

I find it crazy something can be THAT addictive, THAT fast.... insane.

SEEMEFIRST
Posts
14213
Joined
8/21/2006
Location
Arlington, TX, USA
6/17/2008 8:16am
'Once somebody does meth.........they're done. They are never the same. They never get off it. They may be clean for a few years...........but they eventually do it again. Meth is terrible.


" Never say never ewb.... It's a nasty MoFo to be sure, but if you want out, you can leave. Dave will want proof, and KTM boy will tell us that pot is addictive, yeah, we've been through all the arguements. ...It's been 16 years...i was one of ewb's potential "executionees".
txmxer
Posts
9770
Joined
8/21/2006
Location
Weatherford, TX, USA
6/17/2008 8:37am
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
'[i]Once somebody does meth.........they're done. They are never the same. They never get off it. They may be clean for a few years...........but they eventually do...
'Once somebody does meth.........they're done. They are never the same. They never get off it. They may be clean for a few years...........but they eventually do it again. Meth is terrible.


" Never say never ewb.... It's a nasty MoFo to be sure, but if you want out, you can leave. Dave will want proof, and KTM boy will tell us that pot is addictive, yeah, we've been through all the arguements. ...It's been 16 years...i was one of ewb's potential "executionees".
glad you turned it around SMF. Thanks for putting that out there.
Cygnus
Posts
14845
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Hanover, CO, USA
6/17/2008 10:48am
Racer92 wrote:
http://www.muni.org/AlaskaMethEd/facesofmeth.cfm [img]http://www.snopes.com/photos/people/graphics/meth01.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.snopes.com/photos/people/graphics/meth02.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.snopes.com/photos/people/graphics/meth03.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.snopes.com/photos/people/graphics/meth04.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.snopes.com/photos/people/graphics/meth05.jpg[/img] She is only 39 years old in the last photograph.
http://www.muni.org/AlaskaMethEd/facesofmeth.cfm













She is only 39 years old in the last photograph.
Those pictures don't lie . I have lost more that a few friends to that shit.
BDOG
Posts
1327
Joined
1/10/2008
Location
Danville, VA, USA
6/17/2008 11:00am
flarider wrote:
Can't make someone quit if they don't want to
Scotty wrote:
Its amazing what kind of a power this stuff has over people. They will do anything for a fix, including robbing their own grandmothers. You wouldn't...
Its amazing what kind of a power this stuff has over people. They will do anything for a fix, including robbing their own grandmothers. You wouldn't believe the shit my brother did to our family. Last I heard, he was homeless and wandering the streets. This is from a guy who growing up, all he wanted to be was a cop. he got hooked when he was 17, and never looked back. I haven't seen him since my Dad died four years ago, and I hope I don't ever again.
I am so thankful my family never gave up on me. Your brother needs you more than you know.
xewbx
Posts
717
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
6/17/2008 11:02am
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
'[i]Once somebody does meth.........they're done. They are never the same. They never get off it. They may be clean for a few years...........but they eventually do...
'Once somebody does meth.........they're done. They are never the same. They never get off it. They may be clean for a few years...........but they eventually do it again. Meth is terrible.


" Never say never ewb.... It's a nasty MoFo to be sure, but if you want out, you can leave. Dave will want proof, and KTM boy will tell us that pot is addictive, yeah, we've been through all the arguements. ...It's been 16 years...i was one of ewb's potential "executionees".
Good for you..........I don't mind being wrong on this one.
BDOG
Posts
1327
Joined
1/10/2008
Location
Danville, VA, USA
6/17/2008 11:08am
xewbx wrote:
Meth dealers should never serve time........they should be executed on sight. AZ has a big meth problem as well...........they cook it out in the desert, then...
Meth dealers should never serve time........they should be executed on sight. AZ has a big meth problem as well...........they cook it out in the desert, then they recruit middle school kids to give it away. Get the kids hooked young.

Was a woman in Phoenix last year..........she was forcing her 9 year old daughter to hook to feed both their meth habit.

Once somebody does meth.........they're done. They are never the same. They never get off it. They may be clean for a few years...........but they eventually do it again. Meth is terrible.
That's BS. God is still working miracles everyday and I have the priviledge of being one of them- never did meth but done enough coke to float a battleship. 5 years clean.

Meth, booze, crack, pills- their all the same- what hooks me may not be what hooks you but the power over each is the same.
FGR01
Posts
6155
Joined
10/1/2006
Location
USA
Fantasy
6/17/2008 11:12am
I just don't understand why someone would be so stupid to do drugs in the first place. Everyone knows they are bad. Everyone knows they can fuck you up. Why do it? I hate to say it, but I don't feel too bad for someone who fucks themself up with drugs. They did it to themself.
Truespode
Posts
127
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Greer, SC, USA
6/17/2008 2:40pm
FGR01 wrote:
I just don't understand why someone would be so stupid to do drugs in the first place. Everyone knows they are bad. Everyone knows they can...
I just don't understand why someone would be so stupid to do drugs in the first place. Everyone knows they are bad. Everyone knows they can fuck you up. Why do it? I hate to say it, but I don't feel too bad for someone who fucks themself up with drugs. They did it to themself.
My ex saw my half-sister lit up with drugs and saw my step-brother's problems.

Yet she got into drugs at 29. She is really messed up and nobody knows what to do for her.

I worry about her some days... but I worry about the people she may hurt more while intoxicated/high.
flarider
Posts
25496
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Daytona Beach, FL, USA
6/17/2008 2:49pm
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
'[i]Once somebody does meth.........they're done. They are never the same. They never get off it. They may be clean for a few years...........but they eventually do...
'Once somebody does meth.........they're done. They are never the same. They never get off it. They may be clean for a few years...........but they eventually do it again. Meth is terrible.


" Never say never ewb.... It's a nasty MoFo to be sure, but if you want out, you can leave. Dave will want proof, and KTM boy will tell us that pot is addictive, yeah, we've been through all the arguements. ...It's been 16 years...i was one of ewb's potential "executionees".
Excuse me?

Post a reply to: Meth

The Latest