Coffee opinions.

Edited Date/Time 5/9/2021 6:32pm
Hi guys. I started a coffee brand, and want to get some opinion.

1. What method do you brew your coffee?
2. How much do you spend on coffee per bag?
3. What brand do you buy?
4. Is there anything about coffee you dislike?
5. What roast do you prefer?

Thanks for taking the time to answer. It helps me along with current customer feedback.
|
borg
12/10/2019 10:19am
1. Drip
2. $4/lb
3. Kroger
4. The taste
5. Med.

Coffee is a caffeine delivery system. I've tried all kinds and none of them taste good until I put Vanilla caramel creamer in it.
Markopolo400
12/10/2019 10:28am
1. Drip/Home espresso machine
2. $8.99/lb I think. Got some more expensive coffee, was really good.
3. Hyvee, Gimme
4. No
5. Medium/Light
zehn
12/10/2019 10:30am Edited Date/Time 12/10/2019 10:39am
borg wrote:
1. Drip 2. $4/lb 3. Kroger 4. The taste 5. Med. Coffee is a caffeine delivery system. I've tried all kinds and none of them taste...
1. Drip
2. $4/lb
3. Kroger
4. The taste
5. Med.

Coffee is a caffeine delivery system. I've tried all kinds and none of them taste good until I put Vanilla caramel creamer in it.
We pay $7+ per pound for a locally-roasted brand. Depending on where we buy it, it can be substantially more than that. We never buy pre ground coffee, only beans. We prefer a medium roast. Most often we use drip, although we sometimes make pour-over, stovetop espresso, or french press.

The only thing I don't like about coffee is how quickly the beans lose their freshness after the bag is opened, even when stored in mason jars in the fridge or freezer.
12/10/2019 10:52am
1. French Press
2. I think it's about $8-$10
3. It is a locally roasted brand. According to the labels most types we buy are sourced from South America
4. That I don't have a mug in my hand right now!
5. Dark

The Shop

12/10/2019 10:52am
zehn wrote:
We pay $7+ per pound for a locally-roasted brand. Depending on where we buy it, it can be substantially more than that. We never buy pre...
We pay $7+ per pound for a locally-roasted brand. Depending on where we buy it, it can be substantially more than that. We never buy pre ground coffee, only beans. We prefer a medium roast. Most often we use drip, although we sometimes make pour-over, stovetop espresso, or french press.

The only thing I don't like about coffee is how quickly the beans lose their freshness after the bag is opened, even when stored in mason jars in the fridge or freezer.
Freezing and refrigerating beans doesn’t do much or anything for maintaining freshness. Also- I highly do not believe in mason jars. Beans degas 30-40 days after roasting. Keeping them sealed in a container does not allow them to disburse the carbon dioxide and creates a poor taste.
zehn
12/10/2019 11:27am
Freezing and refrigerating beans doesn’t do much or anything for maintaining freshness. Also- I highly do not believe in mason jars. Beans degas 30-40 days after...
Freezing and refrigerating beans doesn’t do much or anything for maintaining freshness. Also- I highly do not believe in mason jars. Beans degas 30-40 days after roasting. Keeping them sealed in a container does not allow them to disburse the carbon dioxide and creates a poor taste.
How do you recommend storing them to preserve freshness?
SEE ARE125
12/10/2019 11:35am
1. Drip
2. $15
3. Black Rifle
4. Waiting to drink it. Doesn’t matter if I make it at home or buy it on the road, it’s too damn hot to drink immediately. Ice just waters it down. Seriously it’s like 20min before I can drink it.
5. Medium
SEE ARE125
12/10/2019 11:38am Edited Date/Time 12/10/2019 11:39am
Freezing and refrigerating beans doesn’t do much or anything for maintaining freshness. Also- I highly do not believe in mason jars. Beans degas 30-40 days after...
zehn wrote:
How do you recommend storing them to preserve freshness?
I bought a coffee container from Black Rifle Coffee. It’s like a vacuum seal that appears to let air out but doesn’t let any air in? Not sure how it works, but the coffee stays fresh until it’s gone. I buy in smaller batches though. I’ve noticed their bags also have some sort of vent on them.
borg
12/10/2019 11:40am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
1. Drip 2. $15 3. Black Rifle 4. Waiting to drink it. Doesn’t matter if I make it at home or buy it on the road...
1. Drip
2. $15
3. Black Rifle
4. Waiting to drink it. Doesn’t matter if I make it at home or buy it on the road, it’s too damn hot to drink immediately. Ice just waters it down. Seriously it’s like 20min before I can drink it.
5. Medium
That's odd. I have to put my mug in the microwave after brewing to get it hot enough for me. Probably because I drink it out of a thick glass beer mug.
SEE ARE125
12/10/2019 11:56am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
1. Drip 2. $15 3. Black Rifle 4. Waiting to drink it. Doesn’t matter if I make it at home or buy it on the road...
1. Drip
2. $15
3. Black Rifle
5. Medium
borg wrote:
That's odd. I have to put my mug in the microwave after brewing to get it hot enough for me. Probably because I drink it out...
That's odd. I have to put my mug in the microwave after brewing to get it hot enough for me. Probably because I drink it out of a thick glass beer mug.
Damn you have to make it twice? lol If I jump the gun I can’t taste my food for 2 days. McDonald’s, Starbucks, gas stations, doesn’t matter. Always too hot.

I did see something on Shark Tank I might try. Looked like stainless ice cubes that absorb the heat, cooling the coffee to 135° I think it was which was considered “ideal”, then once the coffee cooled below that temperature the cubes released the stored heat to maintain the coffee at 135°.
david225
12/10/2019 12:02pm
1. Keurig
2. I use the K-Cups... I believe they are around $0.70/pod
3. Starbucks or Green Mountain
4. That it stains my teeth... other than that, nothing
5. Medium
Deja New
12/10/2019 12:59pm
Black and if I can put a spoon in the middle and it stays there it’s perfect
ns503
12/10/2019 1:00pm
1. Hamilton Beach single cup, french press, or Keurig refillable pod
2. $7
3. Grocery store house brand, usually their Ethiopian.
4. Staining.
5. Dark.

As above, no matter how I make it, I need to give it a zap. Just not hot enough. If I don't zap it, it only lasts like 2 minutes and it's gone. And that's not good.
dadofagun
Fantasy
1926th
12/10/2019 2:35pm
1. Drip
2.$7
3. Dunkin
4. Bitterness
5. Dark

I also add a pinch of salt on top of the coffee after its added to the machine, to me it adds more depth of flavor. Add a shot of ice cold creamer when finished, my day is in gear and ready to drop the clutch.
reded
12/10/2019 5:11pm
1. Drip
2. No idea
3. Maxwell House but I actually think that whatever cheapo shit Waffle House uses tastes best.
4. It’s never hot enough
5. Medium.

* I drink my coffee black, no exceptions. I wanna taste the coffee, not some bullshit that masks the coffee.
Sunhouse
12/10/2019 5:45pm
Hi guys. I started a coffee brand, and want to get some opinion. 1. What method do you brew your coffee? 2. How much do you...

Thanks for taking the time to answer. It helps me along with current customer feedback.
1. Espresso machine
2. Depends on the coffee, I go for taste
3. Hand picked by local baristas (former world champs)
4. If it is too sour, or too mild with little aftertaste
5. No preference
Foghorn
12/10/2019 5:54pm
I use a Tassimo at home. Pretty convenient and better than meh. After a few trips to Europe, I'm really liking espresso. So much more flavor than the watery stuff around here. I do indulge in chocolate Lattes at Deville's on the ground floor of our building at work from time to time. I'd like to hear first hand taste experiences for the high priced civet coffee out there. I might pass on that regardless though.
mx12boy
Fantasy
1581st
12/10/2019 6:36pm
1-drip
2-15-17
3-Black Rifle
4-Have to wait for it to cool down
5-Murdered Out (dark) or CAF (med)
motogrady
12/10/2019 6:39pm
I use a drip pot from wal mart. "4 cone type filters.
2 scoops maxwell in the blue can coffe to 8 cups water. 4 sugars 4 creamers.

I tell u guys, u want a great cup of coffee?

eBay or watch the flea markets.
Get one of these.
Ive found the paper filter that most machines use
take a lot of the flavor out.

reded
12/10/2019 8:16pm
Don’t wanna derail thread but I’m not a fan of the Keurig. I want a pot, not a cup.
navalseabee
12/10/2019 11:57pm
1. Auto dripper
2. $12
3. Don Francisco's Vanilla Nut
4. No
5. Medium
ns503
12/11/2019 4:15am
reded wrote:
Don’t wanna derail thread but I’m not a fan of the Keurig. I want a pot, not a cup.
I'm the only coffee drinker here, and try to limit it to one cup after breakfast & another after lunch. So I am single cup 95% of the time.

Weekends at the cottage, mornings are lazy. That's when I will use the press & up it to 1-2 cups after breakfast. Living on the edge or what? Smile

(And always black - straight up all the way).
dadofagun
Fantasy
1926th
12/11/2019 6:05am
motogrady wrote:
I use a drip pot from wal mart. "4 cone type filters. 2 scoops maxwell in the blue can coffe to 8 cups water. 4 sugars...
I use a drip pot from wal mart. "4 cone type filters.
2 scoops maxwell in the blue can coffe to 8 cups water. 4 sugars 4 creamers.

I tell u guys, u want a great cup of coffee?

eBay or watch the flea markets.
Get one of these.
Ive found the paper filter that most machines use
take a lot of the flavor out.

My Aunt still swears by those things. She has one from the 70's that has a brown fade paint job on it, and that without fail, perks two pots a day for herself. She's the type if she likes something, she will buy multiples of it for "safe keeping", so she has two more stashed away new in their original Montgomery Ward boxes. Does make for some good coffee (or it's the liqueur she adds to hers.......She is 90, let her do whatever whatever the hell she wants!)
borg
12/11/2019 6:35am
reded wrote:
ns503 wrote:
I'm the only coffee drinker here, and try to limit it to one cup after breakfast & another after lunch. So I am single cup 95%...
I'm the only coffee drinker here, and try to limit it to one cup after breakfast & another after lunch. So I am single cup 95% of the time.

Weekends at the cottage, mornings are lazy. That's when I will use the press & up it to 1-2 cups after breakfast. Living on the edge or what? Smile

You have coffee AFTER breakfast and lunch? I know many people that have coffee after meals and man I don't get it. Just 2 days ago, for the first time in my life, I had coffee after breakfast. I had a really nice omelette at Hofs Hut and then downed what was left of my coffee. All it did was ruin the taste of the omelette. It's like eating a nice piece of candy and immediately taking a bite out of an onion. Does the coffee taste better than anything you had for breakfast?
Not criticizing you here ns503. If anything I'm the outlier.
Cake and coffee?
Pie and coffee?
Why not a peanut butter and banana sandwich......and coffee? Who would have anything other than milk with that or chocolate chip cookies?

It's like punishment for eating something really good.
I drink it first thing in the morning because it barely tastes better than the mouthful of shit I woke up with.
Thanks for allowing me to rant. I haven't had my coffee yet this morning.
early
Fantasy
2231st
12/11/2019 6:58am Edited Date/Time 12/11/2019 7:53am
1. Drip or French press when camping or if I feel like it.
2. About $8-10
3. Starbuck cafe Verona (no other Starbucks varieties) sometimes other brands that look interesting but I have never found one I like better than cafe Verona since 2006.
4. When it's too hot to drink, shitty coffee (Maxwell House, etc.), Overly burnt taste, strong but thin taste, cream in coffee (black only), keurigs (brews to fast/weak).
5. Med-dark
dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
12/11/2019 7:29am
Hi guys. I started a coffee brand, and want to get some opinion. 1. What method do you brew your coffee? 2. How much do you...

Drip
Big can of what's on sale
...maxwell/folgers
Staining..cost
Med dark
bana0401
12/11/2019 7:58am

1. Keurig
2. K Cup .50-.70
3. Green Mountain
4. It is delicious, so it is easy to get too much caffeine.
5. Medium
G-man
12/11/2019 8:21am Edited Date/Time 12/11/2019 8:23am
DRIP
LARGE CAN from Costco $8.65
Kirkland
When it's not Hot
Columbian Dark

ns503
12/11/2019 9:36am
reded wrote:
ns503 wrote:
I'm the only coffee drinker here, and try to limit it to one cup after breakfast & another after lunch. So I am single cup 95%...

borg wrote:
You have coffee AFTER breakfast and lunch? I know many people that have coffee after meals and man I don't get it. Just 2 days ago...
You have coffee AFTER breakfast and lunch? I know many people that have coffee after meals and man I don't get it. Just 2 days ago, for the first time in my life, I had coffee after breakfast. I had a really nice omelette at Hofs Hut and then downed what was left of my coffee. All it did was ruin the taste of the omelette. It's like eating a nice piece of candy and immediately taking a bite out of an onion. Does the coffee taste better than anything you had for breakfast?
Not criticizing you here ns503. If anything I'm the outlier.
Cake and coffee?
Pie and coffee?
Why not a peanut butter and banana sandwich......and coffee? Who would have anything other than milk with that or chocolate chip cookies?

It's like punishment for eating something really good.
I drink it first thing in the morning because it barely tastes better than the mouthful of shit I woke up with.
Thanks for allowing me to rant. I haven't had my coffee yet this morning.
Lol.

Usually just after, yes. At this moment I am sitting down with a hot cup after just eating my lunch. Coffee seems to be the chaser. We rarely have dessert, but if so like when eating out I will usually have one with the dessert, if I have dessert. I like the taste of it. As long as it is decent coffee.

Post a reply to: Coffee opinions.

The Latest