Yosh issue on WE.

Meister
Edited Date/Time 5/30/2022 5:49pm
Anyone encountered an issue with a loose fitting header? My bike just clicked 25 hours (probably 8-10 following my 7 year old around and the rest vet speed). My header wiggles quite a bit. The header moves inside the flange too much. Yosh suggested sending it in so they can refit the flange, or buy a new header ($$$$). Im in Ohio, it's regional season, and I can't be without my pipe for over 2 weeks. I also don't think I should be coming off that kind of cash for something that clearly has an issue be design. The tech suggested wire tie at the cylinder instead of springs and I tried that but my single wrap tie job didn't last a ride day. I do have a doubled up wire tie job to test now, but figured I'd post here to see if I was the only one..
|
8tensolutions
5/28/2022 7:23am
Sounds like you need to overnight the header to Yosh and schedule with them to correct it and turn it around as quick as possible and overnight it back. It sucks to be down, but not many options unless you want a spare.
Yeti831
5/28/2022 8:15am Edited Date/Time 5/28/2022 8:16am
No, haven’t had that issue.

Do you snug fit everything, torque the header then muffler?

The only “issue” I’ve had is this header/muffler joint can be a bitch to twist on or off sometimes.
Zachintosh
5/28/2022 8:27am
Same issue on my 450X Yosh system. Ordered a new header and the problem was fixed. It’s simply a quality control issue over there.

The Shop

Meister
5/30/2022 10:48am
Sounds like you need to overnight the header to Yosh and schedule with them to correct it and turn it around as quick as possible and...
Sounds like you need to overnight the header to Yosh and schedule with them to correct it and turn it around as quick as possible and overnight it back. It sucks to be down, but not many options unless you want a spare.
If that's at my cost, I might as well just buy a new header lol..

Yeti, everything on my bike has been torqued to spec. Got a little carried away with that with a new snap on digital wrench.. It was never even completely apart until this issue came about. At new the silencer slid off pretty easily. Might not now though.

Zach, they do anything for you? You'd think a quality control issue with a company like this would be taken care of without question.
Big E
5/30/2022 11:12am
Meister wrote:
Anyone encountered an issue with a loose fitting header? My bike just clicked 25 hours (probably 8-10 following my 7 year old around and the rest...
Anyone encountered an issue with a loose fitting header? My bike just clicked 25 hours (probably 8-10 following my 7 year old around and the rest vet speed). My header wiggles quite a bit. The header moves inside the flange too much. Yosh suggested sending it in so they can refit the flange, or buy a new header ($$$$). Im in Ohio, it's regional season, and I can't be without my pipe for over 2 weeks. I also don't think I should be coming off that kind of cash for something that clearly has an issue be design. The tech suggested wire tie at the cylinder instead of springs and I tried that but my single wrap tie job didn't last a ride day. I do have a doubled up wire tie job to test now, but figured I'd post here to see if I was the only one..
I work at Yosh. Get it to us ASAP and we will fix it for you and turn it around fast.
Big E
5/30/2022 11:16am
Sounds like you need to overnight the header to Yosh and schedule with them to correct it and turn it around as quick as possible and...
Meister wrote:
If that's at my cost, I might as well just buy a new header lol.. Yeti, everything on my bike has been torqued to spec. Got...

Yeti, everything on my bike has been torqued to spec. Got a little carried away with that with a new snap on digital wrench.. It was never even completely apart until this issue came about. At new the silencer slid off pretty easily. Might not now though.

Zach, they do anything for you? You'd think a quality control issue with a company like this would be taken care of without question.
A new header is 600+ dollars overnighting your header maybe 60 bucks. We will send it back to you overnight after we fix it. The faster you get it to us the faster we get it back to you.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
5/30/2022 11:42am
Meister wrote:
If that's at my cost, I might as well just buy a new header lol.. Yeti, everything on my bike has been torqued to spec. Got...

Big E wrote:
A new header is 600+ dollars overnighting your header maybe 60 bucks. We will send it back to you overnight after we fix it. The faster...
A new header is 600+ dollars overnighting your header maybe 60 bucks. We will send it back to you overnight after we fix it. The faster you get it to us the faster we get it back to you.
BigE coming through for a vitard. Good on you bud!
APLMAN99
5/30/2022 12:38pm
Meister wrote:
Anyone encountered an issue with a loose fitting header? My bike just clicked 25 hours (probably 8-10 following my 7 year old around and the rest...
Big E wrote:
I work at Yosh. Get it to us ASAP and we will fix it for you and turn it around fast.
Looks like someone just snagged an Employee of the Month award!!!
Meister
5/30/2022 4:36pm
Meister wrote:

Big E wrote:
A new header is 600+ dollars overnighting your header maybe 60 bucks. We will send it back to you overnight after we fix it. The faster...
Copy copy. Do I need an RA number?
Cademx14
5/30/2022 5:49pm
We have a Ti kit on our 21 Crf450r, the header moves around on the head and in the can when the bike is revved, the springs pull it back together? So exactly what is the best plan of attack?
MXRACER428
Fantasy
470th
5/30/2022 8:35pm
I have the same issue on my 21 Honda WE I’ve lost one spring already and the nuts on the studs are tight but the header wiggles. Interested to see your solution.
Big E
5/30/2022 11:27pm Edited Date/Time 5/30/2022 11:28pm
Meister wrote:

Big E wrote:
Meister wrote:
Yes. Call us first thing and get one so you can send it in. 800-634-9166
Meister
5/31/2022 10:24am
Thanks big E! I will call today and get one lined up. I'm going to be riding this weekend and then strategically try to overnight on Monday and bank on having it back by the weekend.
Sandusky26
2/22/2023 3:39pm

I'm having the same issue with the Yoshi header on my KX450 and was hoping someone had a solution. Like the OP I have a race this weekend.

LungButter
2/22/2023 3:54pm

Hope you get it fixed broski....we all know how much of a buzz kill a broken pipe can be.

TeamGreen
2/22/2023 5:28pm
Sandusky26 wrote:
I'm having the same issue with the Yoshi header on my KX450 and was hoping someone had a solution. Like the OP I have a race...

I'm having the same issue with the Yoshi header on my KX450 and was hoping someone had a solution. Like the OP I have a race this weekend.

Contact Yosh…see BigE post above 

El Capitan
2/22/2023 5:42pm

Yosh just earned a future customer due to Big E. This is a prime example of how you do business! 💯

BobPA
2/22/2023 6:28pm
Sandusky26 wrote:
I'm having the same issue with the Yoshi header on my KX450 and was hoping someone had a solution. Like the OP I have a race...

I can lend you my stocker, I don't need it for a bit yet.

4DAIVIPAI2K5
2/22/2023 7:24pm
El Capitan wrote:

Yosh just earned a future customer due to Big E. This is a prime example of how you do business! 💯

Except it's obviously a known issue,  and the customer has to pay for over night shipping on a defective product.

8tensolutions
2/22/2023 7:27pm
Meister wrote:

Big E wrote:
Meister wrote:

Isn't this what I suggested in May of last year?  🤷‍♂️

El Capitan
2/22/2023 7:43pm
El Capitan wrote:

Except it's obviously a known issue,  and the customer has to pay for over night shipping on a defective product.

Okay, you mean like the known design flaw around the GMC lifters on the 6.2 engine? The one that GMC ignores despite a warranty? Sounds like the Yosh issue would be at no cost if he was local. I get that he isn't, but other than shipping, its a free remediation outside of a warranty. Being local has its perks. 😎  Businesses like GMC won't see my checkbook again. 🤙

Sandusky26
2/23/2023 1:36am

I just want to know what's causing it to be loose. I'm wondering if a fresh gasket inside the head and some new springs would take up the slack.

I just repacked the damn thing and made a JB weld repair to mid pipe threads.

I'm going to Call EazyE later today.

Sandusky26
5/17/2023 3:01am

Update: Bought a new header a month ago, and the sun of a bitch is loose at 5 hours. 

Fresh springs, fresh header gasket, RTV on all the joints, repacked the muffler with a kit from Yoshi. I don't know what else to do. 

I can re-gauge the header, but 2 rides later the header galls up at the coupler and creates a gap and in result the header is loose.

ktmracer726
Fantasy
324th
5/17/2023 5:43am
Sandusky26 wrote:
Update: Bought a new header a month ago, and the sun of a bitch is loose at 5 hours.  Fresh springs, fresh header gasket, RTV on...

Update: Bought a new header a month ago, and the sun of a bitch is loose at 5 hours. 

Fresh springs, fresh header gasket, RTV on all the joints, repacked the muffler with a kit from Yoshi. I don't know what else to do. 

I can re-gauge the header, but 2 rides later the header galls up at the coupler and creates a gap and in result the header is loose.

Sounds like a common problem. I wouldn't be buying a yosh again. 

Sandusky26
5/17/2023 5:54am
Sandusky26 wrote:
Update: Bought a new header a month ago, and the sun of a bitch is loose at 5 hours.  Fresh springs, fresh header gasket, RTV on...

Sounds like a common problem. I wouldn't be buying a yosh again. 

I don't know. I have had the best luck with Yoshi. Owned four of them over the years and never had a issue.

Sandusky26
5/18/2023 3:38am

For sale: SS Yoshi exhaust system with a spare head pipe, perfect condition, fits KX450.

I'll take 4 grams of hash plus shipping.

5/18/2023 4:45am
El Capitan wrote:

I bought a gun recently that had a flaw in the finish on a part.  After I sent in a photo of the flawed part, Mossberg sent me the part I needed along with a return shipping label so I could send the defective part back.  This is how a company with great customer service handles situations like this.

Sandusky26
5/18/2023 8:33am
El Capitan wrote:

I bought a gun recently that had a flaw in the finish on a part.  After I sent in a photo of the flawed part, Mossberg...

I bought a gun recently that had a flaw in the finish on a part.  After I sent in a photo of the flawed part, Mossberg sent me the part I needed along with a return shipping label so I could send the defective part back.  This is how a company with great customer service handles situations like this.

I did call Big E and he did say I could send it in for no charge. I just don't see how it going to stop the problem, I have refitted the joints multiple times.

Post a reply to: Yosh issue on WE.

The Latest