Yo Trip...

Matthes
Posts
2755
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
Edited Date/Time 1/22/2012 8:02pm
Just saw this line from you:

"Well since you asked.....When have you ever read anything negative from him about RV, Mr. Pro Circuit, John Ayers, Reed, the list goes on.. There is plenty of dirt on all those guys, yet he never says anything about them, why not? If he wants to be the guy who tells it like it is, tell us about everyone, not just the guys he personally has issues with. J-Law wont talk to him, so he writes a bash piece...Alessi's, why confirm rumors? The guy is the farthest thing from a journalist in mx. He's like that kid in jr. high, who wants so bad to be popular, he will tell anyone who will listen what he has heard about everyone else.. Sooner or later he will run out of "sources."

This is the second time you have called me out for apparently not digging deep enough on certain people so I need some help on this. Email me at matthes@racerxonline.com and give me a heads up on where to start with the above-mentioned guys. Like, you know, all the stuff that "I know" but won't write about.

Serious, send me a mail. Let's talk.
|
yosmithy
Posts
770
Joined
10/29/2006
Location
Austin, TX, USA
9/29/2009 6:22pm
I said you smelled like maple syrup once.
nc97
Posts
688
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
9/29/2009 6:28pm
Gotta Love the off seasonLaughing
GuyB
Posts
35722
Joined
7/10/2006
Location
Aliso Viejo, CA, USA
9/29/2009 6:33pm
yosmithy wrote:
I said you smelled like maple syrup once.
Nah, he smells like basset hound, with a hint of bacon.
pistol
Posts
282
Joined
11/16/2006
Location
Squaw Valley, CA, USA
Fantasy
9/29/2009 6:33pm
Don't worry about it, Steve. That's just Trip.

The Shop

Rooster
Posts
4432
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Edmonton, CA
9/29/2009 7:16pm
yosmithy wrote:
I said you smelled like maple syrup once.
GuyB wrote:
Nah, he smells like basset hound, with a hint of bacon.
Maple bacon.

Mmmmmmm....... bacon!
MX45
Posts
1166
Joined
11/14/2008
Location
Phoenix, AZ, USA
9/29/2009 7:52pm
Yo Matthes, I've always been curious on something.
Assuming you get alot of your info from just "hangin out". Are people careful what they say or do they say "on record" or "off record". Do you respect their wishes?
Love your articles btw.
Nikhil
Posts
904
Joined
3/14/2009
Location
Indianapolis, IN, USA
9/29/2009 7:56pm
Matthes wrote:
Just saw this line from you: [i]"Well since you asked.....When have you ever read anything negative from him about RV, Mr. Pro Circuit, John Ayers, Reed...
Just saw this line from you:

"Well since you asked.....When have you ever read anything negative from him about RV, Mr. Pro Circuit, John Ayers, Reed, the list goes on.. There is plenty of dirt on all those guys, yet he never says anything about them, why not? If he wants to be the guy who tells it like it is, tell us about everyone, not just the guys he personally has issues with. J-Law wont talk to him, so he writes a bash piece...Alessi's, why confirm rumors? The guy is the farthest thing from a journalist in mx. He's like that kid in jr. high, who wants so bad to be popular, he will tell anyone who will listen what he has heard about everyone else.. Sooner or later he will run out of "sources."

This is the second time you have called me out for apparently not digging deep enough on certain people so I need some help on this. Email me at matthes@racerxonline.com and give me a heads up on where to start with the above-mentioned guys. Like, you know, all the stuff that "I know" but won't write about.

Serious, send me a mail. Let's talk.
Geez Matthes, you seem to care what the message board people think of you as much as you claim the Alessis do...
Matthes
Posts
2755
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
9/29/2009 8:25pm
MX45 wrote:
Yo Matthes, I've always been curious on something. Assuming you get alot of your info from just "hangin out". Are people careful what they say or...
Yo Matthes, I've always been curious on something.
Assuming you get alot of your info from just "hangin out". Are people careful what they say or do they say "on record" or "off record". Do you respect their wishes?
Love your articles btw.
Yeah, thats just it. It's on or off the record with people (just spoke today to a team owner and he said "this is all off the record" and we chatted for half and hr about salaries, OEM budgets etc etc.) If it's a big deal, I'll ask them if I can print it and they will either say no or fine, but you didn't hear it from me.

Reed's a dude that mostly says, yeah you can say what you want and credit me-I don't care.

I have to respect their wishes or I'd be done in a hurry. If I ever have a question on if something is right to run or whatever, DC's a great guy to bounce something off. He's been there and done that.

Nickhil, I don't really care what people think of me, my work stands on its own but it's the off season and I could use Trip's "dirt" on RV, Ayers, Mitch etc etc.
jackson222
Posts
753
Joined
12/20/2008
Location
Nsw, AU
9/29/2009 8:29pm
MX45 wrote:
Yo Matthes, I've always been curious on something. Assuming you get alot of your info from just "hangin out". Are people careful what they say or...
Yo Matthes, I've always been curious on something.
Assuming you get alot of your info from just "hangin out". Are people careful what they say or do they say "on record" or "off record". Do you respect their wishes?
Love your articles btw.
Matthes wrote:
Yeah, thats just it. It's on or off the record with people (just spoke today to a team owner and he said "this is all off...
Yeah, thats just it. It's on or off the record with people (just spoke today to a team owner and he said "this is all off the record" and we chatted for half and hr about salaries, OEM budgets etc etc.) If it's a big deal, I'll ask them if I can print it and they will either say no or fine, but you didn't hear it from me.

Reed's a dude that mostly says, yeah you can say what you want and credit me-I don't care.

I have to respect their wishes or I'd be done in a hurry. If I ever have a question on if something is right to run or whatever, DC's a great guy to bounce something off. He's been there and done that.

Nickhil, I don't really care what people think of me, my work stands on its own but it's the off season and I could use Trip's "dirt" on RV, Ayers, Mitch etc etc.
I think its cool we have someone in the industry that is prepared to put themselves out there every now and then with their articles, i always read your columns and read most stuff that goes on PulpMX just because I know it will be interesting and might even call a few people out.
Keep it up, and dig some dirt up to keep us entertained in the off season!
SPYGUY
Posts
2183
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
USA
9/29/2009 8:34pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:25am
If MXSports can get the first motos live on the internet at every outdoor national in BFE, you'd think Feld could at least get all of the Heats & LCQ's live on the internet for SX races held at football stadiums in major cities.

JW381
Posts
10638
Joined
7/21/2009
Location
Harrisburg, OR, USA
9/29/2009 8:44pm
SPYGUY wrote:
If MXSports can get the first motos live on the internet at every outdoor national in BFE, you'd think Feld could at least get all of...
If MXSports can get the first motos live on the internet at every outdoor national in BFE, you'd think Feld could at least get all of the Heats & LCQ's live on the internet for SX races held at football stadiums in major cities.

Completely off topic, but I thought the same thing.
SPYGUY
Posts
2183
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
USA
9/29/2009 8:50pm
SPYGUY wrote:
If MXSports can get the first motos live on the internet at every outdoor national in BFE, you'd think Feld could at least get all of...
If MXSports can get the first motos live on the internet at every outdoor national in BFE, you'd think Feld could at least get all of the Heats & LCQ's live on the internet for SX races held at football stadiums in major cities.

JW381 wrote:
Completely off topic, but I thought the same thing.
Oops...that was supposed to go in the "SX Live $40???" thread, but it obviously didn't make it there.

I guess Matthes could investigate it, though.
JW381
Posts
10638
Joined
7/21/2009
Location
Harrisburg, OR, USA
9/29/2009 8:57pm
SPYGUY wrote:
Oops...that was supposed to go in the "SX Live $40???" thread, but it obviously didn't make it there.

I guess Matthes could investigate it, though.
I think the problem is Feld doesn't have any kind of partnership with any website or any group like Alli, or even Racer X when it was the Racer X motocross shows. They have Supercross only, and all they want is TV ratings.

I've been wrong before tho.
Nikhil
Posts
904
Joined
3/14/2009
Location
Indianapolis, IN, USA
9/29/2009 9:07pm
MX45 wrote:
Yo Matthes, I've always been curious on something. Assuming you get alot of your info from just "hangin out". Are people careful what they say or...
Yo Matthes, I've always been curious on something.
Assuming you get alot of your info from just "hangin out". Are people careful what they say or do they say "on record" or "off record". Do you respect their wishes?
Love your articles btw.
Matthes wrote:
Yeah, thats just it. It's on or off the record with people (just spoke today to a team owner and he said "this is all off...
Yeah, thats just it. It's on or off the record with people (just spoke today to a team owner and he said "this is all off the record" and we chatted for half and hr about salaries, OEM budgets etc etc.) If it's a big deal, I'll ask them if I can print it and they will either say no or fine, but you didn't hear it from me.

Reed's a dude that mostly says, yeah you can say what you want and credit me-I don't care.

I have to respect their wishes or I'd be done in a hurry. If I ever have a question on if something is right to run or whatever, DC's a great guy to bounce something off. He's been there and done that.

Nickhil, I don't really care what people think of me, my work stands on its own but it's the off season and I could use Trip's "dirt" on RV, Ayers, Mitch etc etc.
I'm just giving you a hard time, I actually like your stuff. The interviews on pulpmx are top notch!

Though I do think you got a bit childish and unprofessional in the Alessi thread...
JW381
Posts
10638
Joined
7/21/2009
Location
Harrisburg, OR, USA
9/29/2009 9:10pm
Matthes: forget all this nonsense with this trip character, and give us the last 6 rounds of your Nationals analysis! That was damn good stuff. I was looking forward to 'Shougal, then got to the bottom, and was sadly disappointed Sad
Trip
Posts
2255
Joined
8/1/2006
Location
USA
9/29/2009 10:15pm
Ok sorry to break up the slob fest on Matthes' sack here, I see how well it's all going...

I don't need to email you. You and I both know there is dirt on your golden boys. That's the point in all this, everyone has dirt they may not be proud of. You seem to take pride in digging on guys like Alessi, J-Law, and CC.

I see where this would go if I told you what I know about certain guys. You would become me, and try and tell me the other side of the story, right??

I am not going to tell you where to look. If it comes out I am the one who blabbed, I will lose what few connections I have. I'm not trying to get people to read a website. I do not work for Racer X, so I can't afford to lose anyone I talk to...

I see you and Reed are boys, so I know your not going to dig on him, ever..

It's just not worth it to me to say anything about anyone. People tell me things and I'm not so hard up to be industry that I need to talk about it on a message board.

Keep up the tabloid jorunalism, people on here seem to eat that shit up..
Farva
Posts
2045
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
9/29/2009 10:26pm
Matthes wrote:
Just saw this line from you: [i]"Well since you asked.....When have you ever read anything negative from him about RV, Mr. Pro Circuit, John Ayers, Reed...
Just saw this line from you:

"Well since you asked.....When have you ever read anything negative from him about RV, Mr. Pro Circuit, John Ayers, Reed, the list goes on.. There is plenty of dirt on all those guys, yet he never says anything about them, why not? If he wants to be the guy who tells it like it is, tell us about everyone, not just the guys he personally has issues with. J-Law wont talk to him, so he writes a bash piece...Alessi's, why confirm rumors? The guy is the farthest thing from a journalist in mx. He's like that kid in jr. high, who wants so bad to be popular, he will tell anyone who will listen what he has heard about everyone else.. Sooner or later he will run out of "sources."

This is the second time you have called me out for apparently not digging deep enough on certain people so I need some help on this. Email me at matthes@racerxonline.com and give me a heads up on where to start with the above-mentioned guys. Like, you know, all the stuff that "I know" but won't write about.

Serious, send me a mail. Let's talk.
How about a certain family member and R.V not getting along.

Any truth to that?
crowe176
Posts
6613
Joined
9/8/2006
Location
Spring Lake, MI, USA
9/29/2009 10:29pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:25am
Nice cast trip. If Bobby hadn't reeled in the never illusive Alessi fish, I'd say you'd have set a record.


This fish does have a Lamprey problem though.
jackson222
Posts
753
Joined
12/20/2008
Location
Nsw, AU
9/30/2009 1:00am
Trip wrote:
Ok sorry to break up the slob fest on Matthes' sack here, I see how well it's all going... I don't need to email you. You...
Ok sorry to break up the slob fest on Matthes' sack here, I see how well it's all going...

I don't need to email you. You and I both know there is dirt on your golden boys. That's the point in all this, everyone has dirt they may not be proud of. You seem to take pride in digging on guys like Alessi, J-Law, and CC.

I see where this would go if I told you what I know about certain guys. You would become me, and try and tell me the other side of the story, right??

I am not going to tell you where to look. If it comes out I am the one who blabbed, I will lose what few connections I have. I'm not trying to get people to read a website. I do not work for Racer X, so I can't afford to lose anyone I talk to...

I see you and Reed are boys, so I know your not going to dig on him, ever..

It's just not worth it to me to say anything about anyone. People tell me things and I'm not so hard up to be industry that I need to talk about it on a message board.

Keep up the tabloid jorunalism, people on here seem to eat that shit up..
I know it means nothing to you, and i'm not trying to start shit here, but you seem to have been acting like an idiot around here lately.

That post is a perfect example.
stillwelding
Posts
3237
Joined
1/22/2007
Location
Santa Clarita, CA, USA
9/30/2009 1:12am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:26am
Matthes wrote:
Just saw this line from you: [i]"Well since you asked.....When have you ever read anything negative from him about RV, Mr. Pro Circuit, John Ayers, Reed...
Just saw this line from you:

"Well since you asked.....When have you ever read anything negative from him about RV, Mr. Pro Circuit, John Ayers, Reed, the list goes on.. There is plenty of dirt on all those guys, yet he never says anything about them, why not? If he wants to be the guy who tells it like it is, tell us about everyone, not just the guys he personally has issues with. J-Law wont talk to him, so he writes a bash piece...Alessi's, why confirm rumors? The guy is the farthest thing from a journalist in mx. He's like that kid in jr. high, who wants so bad to be popular, he will tell anyone who will listen what he has heard about everyone else.. Sooner or later he will run out of "sources."

This is the second time you have called me out for apparently not digging deep enough on certain people so I need some help on this. Email me at matthes@racerxonline.com and give me a heads up on where to start with the above-mentioned guys. Like, you know, all the stuff that "I know" but won't write about.

Serious, send me a mail. Let's talk.
Shit man! I like a lot of the stuff you write. What are you gonna do, get suckered into writing something that will get you banned from MX quicker than you can say "Steve Bruhn"? Good luck with that. But if you PM me I've got some stories that will end up with both of us in court. Laughing
p.s I've been around the this joint since 1968 and started out working for Al Baker Jr. when I was still in High School. Grew up riding with most of the guys that rode around the San Fernando Valley since the 50's, Crater Camp, Catalina, Big Bear etc. and I'm only 53.
crowe176
Posts
6613
Joined
9/8/2006
Location
Spring Lake, MI, USA
9/30/2009 1:20am
Cygnus
Posts
14845
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
Hanover, CO, USA
9/30/2009 4:50am
Trip wrote:
Ok sorry to break up the slob fest on Matthes' sack here, I see how well it's all going... I don't need to email you. You...
Ok sorry to break up the slob fest on Matthes' sack here, I see how well it's all going...

I don't need to email you. You and I both know there is dirt on your golden boys. That's the point in all this, everyone has dirt they may not be proud of. You seem to take pride in digging on guys like Alessi, J-Law, and CC.

I see where this would go if I told you what I know about certain guys. You would become me, and try and tell me the other side of the story, right??

I am not going to tell you where to look. If it comes out I am the one who blabbed, I will lose what few connections I have. I'm not trying to get people to read a website. I do not work for Racer X, so I can't afford to lose anyone I talk to...

I see you and Reed are boys, so I know your not going to dig on him, ever..

It's just not worth it to me to say anything about anyone. People tell me things and I'm not so hard up to be industry that I need to talk about it on a message board.

Keep up the tabloid jorunalism, people on here seem to eat that shit up..
yep. When I called out DV for the Vickery incident I was crucified. Now I love all the riders no matter what they do.Shocked
nc97
Posts
688
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
9/30/2009 7:42am
Trip wrote:
Ok sorry to break up the slob fest on Matthes' sack here, I see how well it's all going... I don't need to email you. You...
Ok sorry to break up the slob fest on Matthes' sack here, I see how well it's all going...

I don't need to email you. You and I both know there is dirt on your golden boys. That's the point in all this, everyone has dirt they may not be proud of. You seem to take pride in digging on guys like Alessi, J-Law, and CC.

I see where this would go if I told you what I know about certain guys. You would become me, and try and tell me the other side of the story, right??

I am not going to tell you where to look. If it comes out I am the one who blabbed, I will lose what few connections I have. I'm not trying to get people to read a website. I do not work for Racer X, so I can't afford to lose anyone I talk to...

I see you and Reed are boys, so I know your not going to dig on him, ever..

It's just not worth it to me to say anything about anyone. People tell me things and I'm not so hard up to be industry that I need to talk about it on a message board.

Keep up the tabloid jorunalism, people on here seem to eat that shit up..
Good post Trip.. Damn shame when someone associated with RacerX comes on a message board looking to start shit.Whistling
Matthes
Posts
2755
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
9/30/2009 7:51am
Not trying to start anything, looking for something interesting to write about. Trip acts like he knows some things that would be just that.

I guess he's not going to help, I'll keep on keepin on.
Shenzi
Posts
2705
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
SWFL, FL, USA
Fantasy
9/30/2009 8:28am
what do we want to know, who's divorcing, who's at the swingers parties, who did some escort in LV, who has debts, who screwed their friends, who cheated the team and the wife, which rider is fighting with his parents, who's paid their taxes or not, who's doing dope, who's doing PED????

Do we care? Be it JL, RV, CR, JMB, why bother? I am only interested in the racing and their behavior at the races, their interactions with fans and the sport, at the races, and on tracks.

why not start digging into our neighbors, families, on and on and on.

I know we love gossiping, we love TMZ but what good does it do to talk about Healey, J-Law, Askenazi? Yes, there are people turning bad everywhere and people having bad stuff happening all the time, everywhere.

crowe176
Posts
6613
Joined
9/8/2006
Location
Spring Lake, MI, USA
9/30/2009 8:32am
Motocross needs a good ole fashioned murder.
G-man
Posts
9406
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Mesa, AZ, USA
9/30/2009 8:43am
crowe176 wrote:
Motocross needs a good ole fashioned murder.
ummmm they recently had one and there was nothing "good" about it....Sad
zookrider62!
Posts
6825
Joined
12/22/2008
Location
Plano, TX, USA
9/30/2009 9:04am
Smoke and mirrors!

Trip is the next TFS
9/30/2009 9:32am
Matthes, I responded to your e-mail, did you receive it? Just checking.

Post a reply to: Yo Trip...

The Latest