What if...? (Team Puerto Rico)

Related:
Create New Tag

8/14/2018 8:30 AM

What if...Mike Brown was on the team in place of Ronnie Mac?

|

8/14/2018 8:41 AM

What if the team was JS7, JLaw and Tyler Pastrami?

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Empty a bag of skittles into the toilet and then flush. It's like watching a five second long nascar race.

8/14/2018 8:43 AM

Rooster wrote:

What if the team was JS7, JLaw and Tyler Pastrami?

Then Team Puerto Rico would have two mythical characters instead of one.

|

8/14/2018 8:45 AM

There would be more Beer off the track than on

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

8/14/2018 8:46 AM

Would seem more of a “Team” than a side show

|

8/14/2018 8:47 AM

Would be pretty cool. I think a lot of people would actually prefer Mike Brown over Ronnie Mac. Actually, a lot of people would prefer basically anyone over Ronnie Mac.

|

8/14/2018 8:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2018 9:01 AM

Personally it would still feel off...

Granted going from Ronnie Mac the character to Brown the real human is a step up it brings more attention to the fact that "we're exploiting a loophole to send a second team U.S.A.".

I know I'm in the minority here but if I agree to a game of 3x3 I don't try and get another 3 of my guys on the field because of a technicality only I can take advantage of.

|

8/14/2018 9:02 AM

Mike Brown can rip a 2 stroke. Would prefer him over the Ronnie Mac schtick.

|

8/14/2018 9:03 AM

It would be fine if it was Jimmy Albertson on the team instead of fictional character Ronnie Mac. That just makes it seem unprofessional and not serious. When this is a very serious race.

|

8/14/2018 9:13 AM

Without Ronnie Mac.... there was/is no Pastrana,..... without Pastrana there is no exposure for Puerto Rico....which means no funds.
These guys are risking everything for a good cause.
Also, who in the world doesn't want to hear two stokes again?
Do you want to be part of the group of people actively trying to stop this effort?

|

8/14/2018 9:16 AM

GuyB wrote:

That would be pretty frickin ok with me.

|

8/14/2018 9:18 AM

akillerwombat wrote:

Granted going from Ronnie Mac the character to Brown the real human is a step up it ...more

It's still not 3 current pros so it isn't really stacking the deck. Would there be more whining from the guys Brownie beat in LL +25 or in the MXdN qualifying races?

|

8/14/2018 9:21 AM

early wrote:

It's still not 3 current pros so it isn't really stacking the deck. Would there be more whining from the guys Brownie beat in ...more

For sure not stacking the deck... but getting an extra swing.

Do any other countries do / have an opportunity to do this? I don't recall any but I'm sure I'm wrong.

|

8/14/2018 9:24 AM

GuyB wrote:

Haha YES!! Sweet baby Jesus , it'll be awesome seeing him rip a 125 or 250 2 stroke!! I take it..

The 125 for him Steve?

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

8/14/2018 9:28 AM

I understand the resistance and controversy about Mac being involved from those voicing such opinions. The whole "I Eat Ass" thing is a little too much and played out at this point IMO.

BUT, I'm surprised people are putting their sentimental feelings about a MX race above a legitimate humanitarian crisis.

Regardless of how they are going about it, the end result is a worthy one and I support it. Will be buying a Tshirt or two.

|

8/14/2018 9:29 AM

Brownie on the team would be legit.

|

8/14/2018 9:29 AM

We should reward Stankdog for doing the entire season on a 2smoke and scoring points. Add Ronnie Mac as his mechanic.

|

8/14/2018 9:36 AM

akillerwombat wrote:

Granted going from Ronnie Mac the character to Brown the real human is a step up it ...more

I could entertain this idea if it we're top 10 guys like Anderson, Baggett, Peick, AMart, Forkner etc that were representing Peurto Rico. But they're sending guys everyone knows won't be a threat to be inside the top 10. They're not sending a team to podium. They're sending a team to make money for a good cause. You're acting like the 3 guys being sent are 3 guys who would be next in line if any team USA members got hurt or pulled out of the race.

|

MelonFan123 wrote:

I understand the resistance and controversy about Mac being involved from those voicing such opinions. The whole "I Eat Ass" ...more

I personally don't care if Ronnie show's up or not. I think if anything , Travis is the one that will bring the attention in a good way. At this specific race , I don't really think that's a good place for him. This is the Olympics of MX here......and I think a little integrity should apply. Not being grumpy about it , but I would prefer Mike Brown over Ronnie a 1000 times over at this event. And I do hope their cause helps raise some money and awareness.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Are we actually looking for results? Or just fan favorites? Because Mac is going to pull more fans than MB. But neither of the two crack the top 10. So go with Ronnie Mac. ermm

|

8/14/2018 9:37 AM

NV825 wrote:

We should reward Stankdog for doing the entire season on a 2smoke and scoring points. Add Ronnie Mac as his mechanic.

I can get behind that logic

|

RPM Performance
CT

8/14/2018 9:46 AM

I think we should be shooting to just qualify for the B main in a respectable position.

|

8/14/2018 9:48 AM

GuyB wrote:

Is that rhetorical?? Come on Steve, tell us the score, you don't just pull Mike Browns name out your arse for no reason. Just for the record, thumbs up for Mike Brown.

|

8/14/2018 9:49 AM

but will Indian make a 2 stoke for travis to race?!??!??!?!
dizzy dizzy

|

8/14/2018 9:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/14/2018 9:52 AM

Reparations for Brownie missing it in 2001 as National Champ when you know what happened. This gets my vote!

|

8/14/2018 9:55 AM

I’m pretty certain “Ronnie Mac” is not going to be racing MxDN. I would predict that prior to the actual race Mac has some legal or other entanglement that forces a rider such as Albertson, Steinke or even a Canard or Villopoto to fill in. There’s a reason Ronnie Mac’s name has not appeared on actual AMA or FIM entry lists.

|

8/14/2018 9:56 AM

Add Mike Brown to my list

|

8/14/2018 10:00 AM

jimmy called into the pulp show last night to congratulate filthyphil, and they of course tried to get info out of him. He did say Ronnie wont be a side show on the track. He knows they wont let ronnie ride with hack-sawed off helmet, ect... He didnt say much else as he "claimed" to not know anything.

Its going to be a wild ride for the media up until race day!

|

8/14/2018 10:00 AM

How does “Ronnie Mac” get an FIM license?

|

8/14/2018 10:03 AM

That would be a significant upgrade.

The Ronnie Mac thing has no place at the MXDN. There's a difference between competitive sports and circus shows. I'd rather not see the MXDN treated as a show.

|