WD 40

Related:
Create New Tag

5/24/2018 5:37 PM

Any of you guys use it for chain oil? saw a guy using it tonight

|

5/24/2018 5:43 PM

Only use it after washing the bike, to get the water out of the chain. Wouldn’t use it as a lube, as it’s not really what it is.

|

"Nothing happens until something moves"

5/24/2018 5:44 PM

tempura wrote:

Only use it after washing the bike, to get the water out of the chain. Wouldn’t use it as a lube, as it’s not really what it ...more

Exactly what my dad taught me

|

5/24/2018 5:45 PM

You forgot to make this a poll

|

5/24/2018 5:49 PM

I use it to clean my chain then just use regular chain lube

|

5/24/2018 6:02 PM

Pfft...
I do Legs and Back and then hand start my pan-head, ride home, spray my dirt-bike down with “WP40” ...It’s got what plants crave.
Dude, do you even lift, Bro?

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

5/24/2018 6:10 PM

WP40 .... classic!

I use thicker Maxima chain wax because it works its way inside the link but do lube my footpegs, shifter tip and brake pedal points between moto’s

|

5/24/2018 6:13 PM

Pffft!

Bro, the only thing -I- wax is in The Club...
Like when me & Peeldog hit the clubs?
We wax dat ass!
Well, we do take time to check the torque on’dem bolts, too.
It’s a humanitarian thing.
We’re down wit d’cause, y’all!

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

5/24/2018 6:15 PM

Nope, I don't use it.

|

5/24/2018 6:18 PM

spray after wash then brush chain. then chain lube. a guy told me it was water based lol. umm its water displacement 40th formula from aviation to keep planes from freezing.. smh some peoples kids.

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

5/24/2018 6:19 PM

ps I want what teamgreen is having . bro dude is on firelaughing

|

5/24/2018 6:20 PM

smoothies862 wrote:

spray after wash then brush chain. then chain lube. a guy told me it was water based lol. umm its water displacement 40th ...more

These kids nowadays.
I blame that Damn Hippity Hop music and the Ass Holes that killed Sam Kinison.

|

5/24/2018 6:22 PM

smoothies862 wrote:

“Makers” and real Coca-Cola made with cane sugar!
It’s been a long, long day.

|

5/24/2018 6:24 PM

hahaa dilly dilly

|

5/24/2018 6:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/24/2018 6:27 PM

Did you mean WP40?

Photo

|

o~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~o
Winning is the best deodorant.

5/24/2018 6:31 PM

We used WD40 on our chains when we ran 50's because the thicker chain lube robbed power (that was the theory anyway). 65's and up got chain lube. We spray a little WD40 on kick start, pegs, shift tip etc. We have a friend who is a national caliber rider who's dad literally sprayed his whole bikes down with WD40 including the brake rotors. We were at JS7 national the first time I saw him do that and I cringed.

|

5/24/2018 6:33 PM

smoothies862 wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

Team Green knows how to make a real drink..... That one is tough to beat. Nice job sir....
Cheers.

|

5/24/2018 6:35 PM

smoothies862 wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

dadofagun wrote:

Team Green knows how to make a real drink..... That one is tough to beat. Nice job sir....
Cheers.

‘Murcia, Brother!

|

5/24/2018 6:59 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Coca-cola.
Coca stood for 'cocaine'.
Cola is the 'nut'.
Its all good, but I guess idiots got 'hooked', and blamed a plant!

|

5/24/2018 7:02 PM

smoothies862 wrote:

TeamGreen wrote:

loftyair wrote:

Coca-cola.
Coca stood for 'cocaine'.
Cola is the 'nut'.
Its all good, but I guess idiots got 'hooked', and blamed a plant!

Whaaa?

I’ve never been to Columbia!

|

5/24/2018 7:06 PM

Photo
|

5/24/2018 7:11 PM

Any of you ever use this on a chain?

Photo

|

5/24/2018 7:12 PM

I only use it for pre-mix and to make the tires shiny, but I'll give the chain a try.

|

5/24/2018 7:14 PM

I would use it to clean a chain ,using it as a lube only attracts dust and turns it into lapping compound on your chain and sprockets.

|

5/24/2018 7:21 PM

MR. X wrote:

I would use it to clean a chain ,using it as a lube only attracts dust and turns it into lapping compound on your chain and ...more

That goes for most lubes, especially the wax type. Dust magnet, makes a nice gritty lapping compound and a bitch to remove.

|

"Nothing happens until something moves"

5/24/2018 7:36 PM

Tril-Flow.
The chain saver!

|

5/24/2018 7:43 PM

I only use WD. Local shop owner always told me not to tell anyone cuz I could make a chain (and sprockets) last longer than typically seen. Even back when I rode 4-6 days a week. I've tried other chain lubes n that crap just gums up n attracts dust n dirt. I give my chain a once over with the scrub brush then just wd it after I'm done washing. My chains always look fresh too.

|

5/24/2018 7:46 PM

WD40 the spoke nipples after washing, I don't want those babies freezing up

|

5/24/2018 7:55 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Whaaa?

I’ve never been to Columbia!

It was good ole USA, about a century ago!

|

5/24/2018 7:58 PM

That’s all I use, have not used chain lube in over 10 years

|