Trey..

zook11
Edited Date/Time 8/24/2014 6:03am
IF he rode like he has the last 3 weeks he would be the guy holding the number 1 plate. He's no doubt been the best guy since Dilla.

Hope he can carry this momentum into SX, he will be hard to beat.

Is it January yet?
|
mirramaxx
8/23/2014 2:44pm
I wish ! It would have been cool to see him ride mxdn (had to put mxdn for crush lol) But i hope he will ride the red bull straight rhythm and monster cup ! GO Turbo TREY Cheerful
DownSouth
8/23/2014 2:55pm Edited Date/Time 8/23/2014 2:59pm
If this was NASCAR Trey would be the champ. Rounds 1-9 qualify you for the chase and the title is determined in round 10-12. CoolSilly

It was a perfect day, 2 holeshots and 38 laps led.

gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
8/23/2014 2:56pm
Great to see him go 1-1.

Congrats Trey!

The Shop

jock
Fantasy
1st
8/23/2014 3:02pm
Awesome to see Trey get his first 450 overall. Cool
bd
8/23/2014 3:02pm
Dominated the final quarter of the MX series with 50% of the moto wins. He was on the gas.
DownSouth
8/23/2014 3:05pm
bd wrote:
Dominated the final quarter of the MX series with 50% of the moto wins. He was on the gas.
67%. He won 4 of the last 6 motos in the final quarter.
Overdrive
8/23/2014 3:13pm
Great Job today Trey and a great season! Looking forward to watching you next season!
bd
8/23/2014 3:14pm
bd wrote:
DownSouth wrote:
good call. Thank you
Hank_Thrill
8/23/2014 3:19pm Edited Date/Time 8/23/2014 3:20pm
Huge congrats to everyone involved with team Trey/Honda! I am thrilled with joy to see him have the season he has had this year outdoors. I absolutely knew he would be back to riding like he has been this summer after the injuries, and that it was only a matter of time. It's just so great to see, even if it is from a TV. What a great way to finish out the season!
8/23/2014 3:22pm
DownSouth wrote:
I know that correlation isn't causation, but those new forks seemed to make all the difference.
DA498
8/23/2014 3:25pm
Very Happy for Trey. Solid rides and hope he carries this momentum to SX and MX next year.
croom mx
8/23/2014 4:27pm
If you are a MX rider you know that it takes months to gain your strength and speed after any injury.
8/23/2014 4:45pm
He sure makes the Honda look good..
Makes me proud I ride red..
Where are all the people who said the Honda couldn't win at the top level with any consistencycuz it's underpowered or twitchie or this or that..Know it's not a showroom bike, it's built, it's buff, but it's still a crf 450..

Congratulations Trey Canard!!
zook11
8/23/2014 5:06pm
Huge congrats to everyone involved with team Trey/Honda! I am thrilled with joy to see him have the season he has had this year outdoors. I...
Huge congrats to everyone involved with team Trey/Honda! I am thrilled with joy to see him have the season he has had this year outdoors. I absolutely knew he would be back to riding like he has been this summer after the injuries, and that it was only a matter of time. It's just so great to see, even if it is from a TV. What a great way to finish out the season!
Great way to finish a season no doubt. If he rides like this in SX (without RV) he will get plenty of wins and will be a favorite for the title.

41 did the same thing in 2010, he was decent the first half of the season, then he got his first win then he was pretty much unstoppable from there on out.

I was 100% on the Tomac for MXON MX3, but after the last few races I wish trey was going instead of Eli. The momentum he has going right now is gonna be hard to stop. Can't wait for ME cup!

Go ICE TREY!
8/23/2014 5:18pm
Huge congrats to everyone involved with team Trey/Honda! I am thrilled with joy to see him have the season he has had this year outdoors. I...
zook11 wrote:
Great way to finish a season no doubt. If he rides like this in SX (without RV) he will get plenty of wins and will be...
Great way to finish a season no doubt. If he rides like this in SX (without RV) he will get plenty of wins and will be a favorite for the title.

41 did the same thing in 2010, he was decent the first half of the season, then he got his first win then he was pretty much unstoppable from there on out.

I was 100% on the Tomac for MXON MX3, but after the last few races I wish trey was going instead of Eli. The momentum he has going right now is gonna be hard to stop. Can't wait for ME cup!

Go ICE TREY!
I agree, Trey Canard would be a better choice..
I'm sure Tomac will be fine though.
Excaliburbmx
8/23/2014 5:34pm
He sure makes the Honda look good.. Makes me proud I ride red.. Where are all the people who said the Honda couldn't win at the...
Where are all the people who said the Honda couldn't win at the top level with any consistencycuz it's underpowered or twitchie or this or that..Know it's not a showroom bike, it's built, it's buff, but it's still a crf 450..

All those people are Barcia fans Honda wont miss him. Trey and Tomac will finish better than Barcia and I am sure he and Mookie will meet again.
mrquick
8/23/2014 5:47pm
Being Treys biggest fan I wanted sooooooo much to post that he could possibly go 1-1 in Utah. I just didn't want to jinx him.So
proud that he was able to get this done before the season was over. I never doubted for a moment that Trey should have been chosen for the MXdN team. I also understand Treys reasoning for saying its ok if eli went instead....pure class.

Thank you Trey for keeping me on the edge of my seat the last few races. Looking forward to 2015.
8/23/2014 6:10pm
He sure makes the Honda look good.. Makes me proud I ride red.. Where are all the people who said the Honda couldn't win at the...

All those people are Barcia fans Honda wont miss him. Trey and Tomac will finish better than Barcia and I am sure he and Mookie will...
All those people are Barcia fans Honda wont miss him. Trey and Tomac will finish better than Barcia and I am sure he and Mookie will meet again.
I agree, Barcia makes the Honda look like an unstable, outta control bike, when anyone why owns and rides one knows there's nothing bad at all the way the .cr450 handles..Is it perfect, no, but it's darn good everywhere..
bd
8/23/2014 6:49pm

All those people are Barcia fans Honda wont miss him. Trey and Tomac will finish better than Barcia and I am sure he and Mookie will...
I agree, Barcia makes the Honda look like an unstable, outta control bike, when anyone why owns and rides one knows there's nothing bad at all...
I agree, Barcia makes the Honda look like an unstable, outta control bike, when anyone why owns and rides one knows there's nothing bad at all the way the .cr450 handles..Is it perfect, no, but it's darn good everywhere..
Maybe Barcia should not be riding a 450F like 250F. Its not the Honda - as stated before.

8/23/2014 6:57pm
I agree, Barcia is so freakin aggressive that I think he wears himself out prematurely. He's out of control for sure but sketchy as he looks, if he could ride the entire race like he does the first 7 or 8 laps, he would be winning..
8/23/2014 7:23pm
Congrats trey!!!!! That boy has the heart of a lion!!!!! I want him to be on like that for sx, honda, obviously the showa stuff aint working lol, cause since he changed to kyb hes been killing it
jeffro503
8/23/2014 7:28pm
The adversity that guy has had to come back from.....and to be able to race at that level.....only one word.......Incredible!

Congrats to Trey and his mom!!
8/23/2014 7:31pm
Congrats trey!!!!! That boy has the heart of a lion!!!!! I want him to be on like that for sx, honda, obviously the showa stuff aint...
Congrats trey!!!!! That boy has the heart of a lion!!!!! I want him to be on like that for sx, honda, obviously the showa stuff aint working lol, cause since he changed to kyb hes been killing it
Nope, he ain't been killing it, he's been untouchable, u see the way he's riding lately, you can tell he's got a lot more in the tank if he needs it.. He looks very similar to carmichael and Stewart speed of 7or so years ago..
Yeah your rite, jest been killing it..
motomx88
8/23/2014 7:40pm

IF he rode like he has the last 3 weeks he would be the guy holding the number 1 plate.

Motochimp
8/23/2014 8:58pm
+1 on the love for Ice Trey... the dude is most inspiring.

Regarding who's better on a Honda, Barcia or Trey? I never saw Barcia run RV into a finish line post on the last lap in the last race of the season like Ice Trey did to RV in 2010. Not only is he smooth, steady, and fast, he's got some major race balls.

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/23/2014 10:06pm Edited Date/Time 8/23/2014 10:08pm
TripleFive wrote:
I know that correlation isn't causation, but those new forks seemed to make all the difference.
I asked him what the big difference was in his front end setups. He said (and I'm paraphrasing) that there's nothing wrong with the Showas, but the KYBs give him some extra front end feel that he was missing when pushing really hard.

He also said that testing for next season begins next Tuesday.
bd
8/23/2014 10:27pm
TripleFive wrote:
GuyB wrote:
I asked him what the big difference was in his front end setups. He said (and I'm paraphrasing) that there's nothing wrong with the Showas, but...
I asked him what the big difference was in his front end setups. He said (and I'm paraphrasing) that there's nothing wrong with the Showas, but the KYBs give him some extra front end feel that he was missing when pushing really hard.

He also said that testing for next season begins next Tuesday.
Yep..... a $1m is right around the corner. Bring it Trey
FroDiddy
8/23/2014 10:27pm
Amazing what, seemingly, minor tweaks can do for a rider's confidence. Aside from winning the title, you could not end a season better than Trey did. I hope it carries over to 2015.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/23/2014 10:43pm
bd wrote:
Yep..... a $1m is right around the corner. Bring it Trey
I know RV took the Million the first year it was available, but that one is damn hard to do...three back-to-back races, not much rest in between, and weird stuff like the Joker Lane.

Post a reply to: Trey..

The Latest