Transworld Site

hasko158
Edited Date/Time 2/24/2012 1:09pm
Does anyone else have issues with the pictures on the Transworld site? For me, it takes FOREVER for a picture to load when you click them. It's not my internet either. Their vids are awesome (besides the ads in the beginning) but it's not even worth looking at the pics it takes so long.
|
peelout
2/23/2012 11:57am
yes.

Transworlds videos and pictures, and RacerX videos never work on my PC at work
2/23/2012 12:49pm
hasko158 wrote:
Does anyone else have issues with the pictures on the Transworld site? For me, it takes FOREVER for a picture to load when you click them...
Does anyone else have issues with the pictures on the Transworld site? For me, it takes FOREVER for a picture to load when you click them. It's not my internet either. Their vids are awesome (besides the ads in the beginning) but it's not even worth looking at the pics it takes so long.
There are two ways to view photos on the site:

The first being the way I assume you currently view the site, by clicking a photo, then hitting "next" in the upper left side just above the photo. That reloads the page, which is the reason it takes so long.

The second way, in which you click on the magnifying glass in the upper right side above the photo, will bring the photo up in the center of an all white backdrop, and you can change to the next photo by just clicking your arrow key like any other site. It is much faster that way.

The Shop

jndmx
2/23/2012 1:07pm
hasko158 wrote:
Does anyone else have issues with the pictures on the Transworld site? For me, it takes FOREVER for a picture to load when you click them...
Make sure your version of Java and Flash Player are both up to date.

A lot of content on that site uses those 2 things and updating is needed sometimes.
Agent717
2/23/2012 1:19pm
I stopped going to TWMX recently. Every video has more Ad time than actual content.
bents
Fantasy
710th
2/23/2012 3:44pm
I never go to TWMX-too slow, too cumbersome, don't like the lay out.
fader418
2/23/2012 3:50pm
I started a thread about this before. Donn is one of the good guys in the sport but the website needs some work..
mtl
2/23/2012 3:57pm
Im on a PC with a windows XP install from 2007 and the latest firefox/flash and all that stuff works for me.

It's you not transworld's site.
ADynes
2/23/2012 5:12pm
Agent717 wrote:
I stopped going to TWMX recently. Every video has more Ad time than actual content.
Ditto
swap
2/23/2012 5:46pm
Agent717 wrote:
ADynes wrote:
Ditto
You've got to be kidding me. Do you complain when there are commercials in a Supercross television broadcast? The ads are 15 seconds. My last pit pass was 30 minutes. Get your facts straight.
2/23/2012 5:53pm Edited Date/Time 2/23/2012 5:59pm
Agent717 wrote:
Advertisers pay the bills my friend and they are very brief and unobtrusive. That's a gross exaggeration to suggest there's more ad time than content. You know damn well that's not the case. Every publisher serves ads. Get used to it or go crawl in a hole and read books.

Transworld does have some bandwidth issues from time to time. Most people don't realize the capital expense of hosting a high-traffic website like Transworld... it's not cheap. Striking a balance between quick loading pages, bandwidth, advertising, etc... is not an easy task.

Vurbmoto is definitely doing a lot of good things in terms of unique content, user experience, etc... but I also still get a lot of value out of Transworld. There have been some great behind the scenes videos, how-tos and photo galleries of factory bikes that ooze sexiness. Anyone that offers me those things is a friend of mine.

Swap up there is also well respected in the motocross community which affords Transworld access to things we otherwise wouldn't see. That's valuable and benefits us all!
exsarg
2/23/2012 5:57pm
the videos rarlely work on my laptop. mxa rules!!!!
ricko
2/23/2012 6:02pm
I used to go on there alot to read and look at pics, too slow and way too clustered compared to racerX site. I go to racerX for everything, easier to navigate and faster.
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
662nd
2/23/2012 6:12pm
The only time I go there is to catch a link to a video. Then I spend the next few minutes trying to get the video to play in a lower resolution so it won't skip. That is about the time I remember why I quit going there a couple years ago. I keep waiting, year after year for them to improve their site but it never happens. So much to the point that it is unbelievably funny.
Agent717
2/23/2012 6:28pm
Agent717 wrote:
ADynes wrote:
Ditto
swap wrote:
You've got to be kidding me. Do you complain when there are commercials in a Supercross television broadcast? The ads are 15 seconds. My last pit...
You've got to be kidding me. Do you complain when there are commercials in a Supercross television broadcast? The ads are 15 seconds. My last pit pass was 30 minutes. Get your facts straight.
You are right and I take that back, it was a gross overstatement about the ratio of ads vs. content. It wasn't intended to be taken literally. I also understand that advertising is required to supply us with the awesome content you provide and we desire. B2B as OG K-Dub would say...
I don't complain about commercials in the broadcast for many reasons; 1 there's no other effective way to advertise and it is essential, 2 it's the norm, 3 I have a DVR...
My hangup, and we can blame modern "instant" media, is that no other site (that I visit regularly) is so excessive with interuptive ads therefore it's hard to understand the necessity. Sure there are flashing banners and the occasional popup but usually ignorable if you are not interested.

For what it's worth TWMX does have really awesome videos and I don't have some vendetta I was just stating my overstated opinion...

I'll STFU now.
Mstock
2/23/2012 6:56pm
Stopped going to the twmx website years ago for this reason. Unbooked marked them and forgot they even existed. You should do the same.
Jabjr222
2/23/2012 6:57pm
swap wrote:
You've got to be kidding me. Do you complain when there are commercials in a Supercross television broadcast? The ads are 15 seconds. My last pit...
what an asshole response.... if you haven't noticed, people b!tch about ads all the time and no one is happy for them. So why be surprised when someone calls your site out? I never go there of course because it appeals mainly to 13yo's but hey, I guess you know your market.
EastFlorida
2/23/2012 7:00pm Edited Date/Time 2/23/2012 7:02pm
I use to go there a lot. Not anymore. Pics and vids are too slow to load.

This goes for RacerX too...
NeWskoolmxer
2/23/2012 7:05pm
TWMX has THE BEST videos period. I look forward to the often 40 min. plus pit pass videos every week. I do not know about you guys but it runs smooth as silk on my PC, pics and vids. Maybe time to get off the dial-up AOL boys.
jndmx
2/23/2012 7:11pm Edited Date/Time 2/23/2012 7:12pm
Guys it isn't the TWMX site.....you need to update a couple of pieces of free software on your machines.
exsarg
2/23/2012 7:18pm
mabey so but i have no probs with vids anywhere on the net except tw. rarely do they work. when they do i like them. mxa s site is getting quite good. more vids
Gukamonster
2/23/2012 7:19pm
That site is garbage, it barely works on almost any connection. Even if it does it's noticeably slower than here, RacerX, MXA, vurbmoto, supercross.com and motocross.com . Plus it's way too cluttered and seems geared towards the flat billed skull hat wearing bro crowd. The potentially good videos are always slow motion (why?) with crappy rap music. The only good thing is the models - the site needs them to survive.
VetTracker
2/23/2012 7:34pm
peelout wrote:
yes. Transworlds videos and pictures, and RacerX videos never work on my PC at work
yes.

Transworlds videos and pictures, and RacerX videos never work on my PC at work
You work?!?.....

Just kidding bro!!
Hando
2/23/2012 7:37pm
Want to hear a joke?

What's the difference between Dirt Rider and TWMX?

Hando
2/23/2012 7:44pm
That site is garbage, it barely works on almost any connection. Even if it does it's noticeably slower than here, RacerX, MXA, vurbmoto, supercross.com and motocross.com...
That site is garbage, it barely works on almost any connection. Even if it does it's noticeably slower than here, RacerX, MXA, vurbmoto, supercross.com and motocross.com . Plus it's way too cluttered and seems geared towards the flat billed skull hat wearing bro crowd. The potentially good videos are always slow motion (why?) with crappy rap music. The only good thing is the models - the site needs them to survive.
x2, TWMX is perfect for the SoCal crowd
mx510
Fantasy
1744th
2/23/2012 7:46pm
swap wrote:
People loooooooove to complain Swap (as I am sure you already know). Sometimes it seems like a bitch fest on here. BTW, I dig the coffee with videos. Its cool to see the riders let their hair down and show some personality.
Agent717
2/23/2012 7:51pm
I wasn't trying to start a riot. I actually really like the site, just looking for an ad solution...
jemcee
2/24/2012 1:17am
the site always works fine for me
the pics are always good and there's always a bunch of them from each practice and the race photos are normally up by the night (for me)
plus the 'pit pass' and 'how was your weekend' videos are the best of the week
they do sometimes take a little longer than usual to load but I'm not confused about how important my time actually is, so I wait

I'm a fan
burnside
2/24/2012 3:04am
Its amazing what Vurb has pulled off in the last couple of years.. indie website slowly turning into one of the bigger media players.

Post a reply to: Transworld Site

The Latest