Track Map: Arlington SX

ocscottie
Posts
69092
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Redding, CA, USA
Edited Date/Time 2/17/2016 9:31am
I predict some serious bar banging and stuffing going on in the last corner(s) before the finish line.

Watch: Animated Track Map: Arlington SX



|
Tpog496
Posts
1282
Joined
9/16/2014
Location
USA
2/16/2016 2:20pm
I hope the lap times are longer this year.
BSmooth13
Posts
796
Joined
1/31/2015
Location
Knoxville, TN, USA
2/16/2016 2:47pm
Start to 1st turn looks nearly identical to ATL2 last year, and the 2nd section (whoops-wall-whoops) is just about the same as what we saw at A2 - at least as it is drawn up. Couldn't agree more about those last 2 turns, though.
dsmith
Posts
4587
Joined
3/29/2011
Location
way north, IN, USA
Fantasy
2/16/2016 2:57pm
yep...someone is goin over one of them berms at the end......
in that animated track map they should have two(2) bikes doing different rhythms side by side(that would be cool)....
there are alot of lefts...

ocscottie
Posts
69092
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Redding, CA, USA
2/16/2016 2:58pm
Tpog496 wrote:
I hope the lap times are longer this year.
Thats right, i remember being pissed last year how such a big stadium could have such a short lap time.

The Shop

early
Posts
10111
Joined
2/13/2013
Location
University Heights, OH, USA
2/16/2016 3:08pm
Looks like you could take a hard left in that last rhythm section and jump straight to the finish line
KMC440
Posts
7764
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
2/16/2016 3:13pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2016 3:13pm
Looks like a few too many 90 degree corners ....

NOT COMPLAINING THOUGH !!!

would like to see a few more 180's ... personal preference.
ricko
Posts
739
Joined
9/6/2011
Location
bfe, PA, USA
Fantasy
2/16/2016 3:19pm
They spend all this time making these animated track maps. just put them on a dvd and let me play them on my Xbox one already.
JW381
Posts
10638
Joined
7/21/2009
Location
Harrisburg, OR, USA
2/16/2016 3:23pm
KMC440 wrote:
Looks like a few too many 90 degree corners ....

NOT COMPLAINING THOUGH !!!

would like to see a few more 180's ... personal preference.
You almost ended up in the "everything sucks" thread Wink
Sully
Posts
9592
Joined
8/24/2006
Location
JP
2/16/2016 3:31pm
The track looks pretty good. I'm a big fan of the over/under.

Does anyone know why the changed Arlington to a West round for the 250s? It's been the opening round for the East as long as I can remember.
disbanded
Posts
6996
Joined
8/26/2007
Location
Evergreen, CO, USA
2/16/2016 3:37pm
Would ride...
Roostermx58
Posts
1549
Joined
9/18/2013
Location
Wilmington, NC, USA
2/16/2016 3:44pm
Looks like a little wasted space for some 135 degree turns.
aeffertz
Posts
12810
Joined
7/16/2015
Location
La Crosse, WI, USA
2/16/2016 3:49pm
I don't think the chicanes before the finish will be all that great. I thought they would be at the Monster cup and while they looked cool when riders were ripping throug them, they just became really one lined by the main event.

Of course, I'll be happily wrong. Just what I've noticed.
Firefly47
Posts
597
Joined
8/26/2015
Location
Fayetteville, GA, USA
2/16/2016 3:49pm
Ticket prices are ridiculous.
Tpog496
Posts
1282
Joined
9/16/2014
Location
USA
2/16/2016 4:53pm
Firefly47 wrote:
Ticket prices are ridiculous.
40$?
SPYGUY
Posts
2184
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
USA
2/16/2016 5:20pm
On ticketmaster they got to be over $200 per seat for the good seats.

Now they're back down to their regular price of $70 for the top tickets. Not sure what was going on with that.
bents
Posts
3428
Joined
12/31/2009
Location
CA
Fantasy
2/16/2016 9:18pm
Could be the first track that doesn't live up to the great tracks to date this year. Hope I'm wrong. I probably am.
2/16/2016 9:30pm
Looks like another one-lined track, with all those corners. They have the length of the football stadium so you would think they might make longer straights.
Starcrossed
Posts
3160
Joined
4/16/2014
Location
New Bedford, MA, USA
2/16/2016 9:42pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2016 9:54pm
Sully wrote:
The track looks pretty good. I'm a big fan of the over/under. Does anyone know why the changed Arlington to a West round for the 250s...
The track looks pretty good. I'm a big fan of the over/under.

Does anyone know why the changed Arlington to a West round for the 250s? It's been the opening round for the East as long as I can remember.
Probably because they added Toronto and Foxboro to the schedule as East rounds in 2016, basically replacing Atlanta 2 and Houston (one East, one West), so one date had to be shifted to West, and Arlington makes the most sense.
2/17/2016 1:43am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2016 1:44am
KMC440 wrote:
Looks like a few too many 90 degree corners ....

NOT COMPLAINING THOUGH !!!

would like to see a few more 180's ... personal preference.
There are 2 90 degree turns and I count 6 180 degree turns.....
Crush
Posts
21153
Joined
4/26/2009
Location
Sydney, AU
2/17/2016 2:18am
Gonna be a hard track to pass on...
TailSoHard
Posts
1656
Joined
10/18/2014
Location
Beer City, MI, USA
2/17/2016 6:22am
KMC440 wrote:
Looks like a few too many 90 degree corners ....

NOT COMPLAINING THOUGH !!!

would like to see a few more 180's ... personal preference.
There are 2 90 degree turns and I count 6 180 degree turns.....
Also only 2 right-hand turns... 8 left
jmx411
Posts
1256
Joined
4/19/2009
Location
Leesville, SC, USA
2/17/2016 6:30am
Tpog496 wrote:
I hope the lap times are longer this year.
ocscottie wrote:
Thats right, i remember being pissed last year how such a big stadium could have such a short lap time.
It is a big stadium, but I think I remember Dave Prater saying something last year that the floor space is one of the smallest on the circuit. I know they have floor suites for Cowboys games, and it has seemed the last few years that the track has to stay further away from the seats than most stadiums.
huck
Posts
17050
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
Mountain Home, AR, USA
2/17/2016 6:40am
Holy bitchers!
2/17/2016 6:57am
If the race is close I doubt people will be jumping the finish.
IWreckALot
Posts
8677
Joined
3/12/2011
Location
Fort Worth, TX, USA
2/17/2016 7:04am
KMC440 wrote:
Looks like a few too many 90 degree corners ....

NOT COMPLAINING THOUGH !!!

would like to see a few more 180's ... personal preference.
There are 2 90 degree turns and I count 6 180 degree turns.....
TailSoHard wrote:
Also only 2 right-hand turns... 8 left
That's funny. When I originally looked at the map without reading the comments, I thought there were a lot of 90 degree turns too but then counted and it's more than it looks. Maybe it's just the angle of the shot.

I'll be at this one. Ready to watch some good racing all day. I thought Arlington was the first east coast round. . . Is that not right?
IWreckALot
Posts
8677
Joined
3/12/2011
Location
Fort Worth, TX, USA
2/17/2016 7:06am
SPYGUY wrote:
On ticketmaster they got to be over $200 per seat for the good seats. Now they're back down to their regular price of $70 for the...
On ticketmaster they got to be over $200 per seat for the good seats.

Now they're back down to their regular price of $70 for the top tickets. Not sure what was going on with that.
Make sure you bring a couple of Jacksons for the parking also.

Ticketmaster tacks on a HUGE surcharge for ticket prices. . . I don't get it. My work has a deal direct with Feld. We pay full price for the tickets but instead of Ticketmaster's $50 fee or whatever per ticket it's $5 per transaction. So you can buy 20 tickets and only be charged the $5 fee once. I don't see how Ticketmaster is still in business and not in violation of some sort of price gouging laws.
2/17/2016 7:21am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2016 7:27am
Tpog496 wrote:
I hope the lap times are longer this year.
ocscottie wrote:
Thats right, i remember being pissed last year how such a big stadium could have such a short lap time.
It sucks. The bottom of the stadium is lined with dugout suites/seats lined with glass so they have to build even farther away from the stadium walls than they normally do. The first year they went an entire corner was taken out because they didn't plan for it.

It's covered up with Monster tarps all the way around the stadium so you can't see it on race day.


djgordon21
Posts
29
Joined
11/19/2012
Location
Phoenix, AZ, USA
2/17/2016 7:29am
Firefly47 wrote:
Ticket prices are ridiculous.
Tpog496 wrote:
40$?
$125 each for decent seats on the lower level. If they keep increasing like this in a few years it'll be cheaper to do the BTO program with JT.
Starcrossed
Posts
3160
Joined
4/16/2014
Location
New Bedford, MA, USA
2/17/2016 7:31am
IWreckALot wrote:
That's funny. When I originally looked at the map without reading the comments, I thought there were a lot of 90 degree turns too but then...
That's funny. When I originally looked at the map without reading the comments, I thought there were a lot of 90 degree turns too but then counted and it's more than it looks. Maybe it's just the angle of the shot.

I'll be at this one. Ready to watch some good racing all day. I thought Arlington was the first east coast round. . . Is that not right?
West round. See my post in response to Sully, above.
Enjoy the race!
jmx411
Posts
1256
Joined
4/19/2009
Location
Leesville, SC, USA
2/17/2016 8:14am
Tpog496 wrote:
I hope the lap times are longer this year.
ocscottie wrote:
Thats right, i remember being pissed last year how such a big stadium could have such a short lap time.
It sucks. The bottom of the stadium is lined with dugout suites/seats lined with glass so they have to build even farther away from the stadium...
It sucks. The bottom of the stadium is lined with dugout suites/seats lined with glass so they have to build even farther away from the stadium walls than they normally do. The first year they went an entire corner was taken out because they didn't plan for it.

It's covered up with Monster tarps all the way around the stadium so you can't see it on race day.


Beautiful stadium, just not great floor space for supercross. IMO we will never see a track over 50 seconds at AT&T Stadium.

Post a reply to: Track Map: Arlington SX

The Latest