Seattle = mudder.....

Hammer 663s
Weather not looking good. Rain starting tonight through Sat AM, heavy on Friday. Good luck Dirt Wurx.

Hard to say who will win this one.

Was hoping to ride Washougal next Saturday on a public practice day but that's not looking likely. That place is not much fun when it's wet.

Hammer 663s

PS. I've ridden 2 times since October 1st 2016. It's been a miserable winter here, and I'm too old to ride in the soup.
|
downard254
4/6/2017 12:10pm
Well, why the hell not. Bring on the rain, lets make this one a real slop fest. That uaually mixes things up.
Cool
gjbruny
4/6/2017 12:15pm Edited Date/Time 4/6/2017 12:21pm
both of these guys are pretty decent in the slop.... oh the irony

its a sloppy mess right now over here on the dry side of the state. wettest october on record, above average snow all winter, second wettest march on record. friday through monday are supposed to be pretty wet here with friday being a soaker..... my guess is we will see rain come race day.
mxpro252
4/6/2017 12:17pm
I'll be there all day and am watching the weather close. The weather guys around here are pretty worthless except for predicting the next 18 hours so i'm guessing Saturdays forecast will change a bit from now. My guess is during the races the track will be super soft with a few sections actually muddy. The rest will just be wet with an insane amount of ruts. Lots of potential for big shakeup's

The Shop

Xeno
4/6/2017 1:04pm
Justin Hill is from Oregon.

It rains a lot in Oregon...

Gooose
4/6/2017 1:09pm
My phone is saying rain at 9 and 10 then 3 and 6 Saturday. Just bring a poncho a little rain won't hurt nobody.....It's Seattle.
NV825
Fantasy
2740th
4/6/2017 1:11pm
It was going to be slot car racing anyways, rain will just turn it into slot jetski racing.
C_Hart3
4/6/2017 2:15pm
I really don't think it's gonna be that bad. They are now predicting thunderstorms on Friday, but a total of 0.4 inches of rainfall all day Friday. And a total of 0.12 inches of rainfall on Saturday. Probably a little wet but no mudder. Dirt Wurks can keep it covered Friday. Probably no press day rides and maybe no free practice just to be safe. Either way its gonna be a great day of racing!
Myke
Fantasy
2887th
4/6/2017 2:28pm
Of all the stadiums in the US not to have a dome.....
KirkChandler
Fantasy
278th
4/6/2017 2:38pm Edited Date/Time 4/6/2017 2:40pm
The tracks already built and tarped. So unless it downpours between when they pull the tarps Saturday morning to when they practice/race it will be okay. Rain today and tomorrow won't matter.
4/6/2017 2:40pm
It appears to be a typical Seattle round, Threat of rain leading up to the race and it always ends up just a lttle wet for the most part. I am however slightly considering not going lol.. Don't tell my buddies Wink
Sully22
4/6/2017 2:55pm
Bring back the Kingdome, and run the races on Friday and Saturday night in February....problem solved !
Starcrossed
4/6/2017 3:41pm
The tracks already built and tarped. So unless it downpours between when they pull the tarps Saturday morning to when they practice/race it will be okay...
The tracks already built and tarped. So unless it downpours between when they pull the tarps Saturday morning to when they practice/race it will be okay. Rain today and tomorrow won't matter.
I heard that the dirt has been uncovered during storage, and that it was completely water logged before it was even brought to the stadium, making it difficult to build the jumps. It isn't going to absorb much moisture, and if it rains any more once the tarps are off, the track is going to deteriorate rapidly.
JW381
4/6/2017 3:42pm
Weather not looking good. Rain starting tonight through Sat AM, heavy on Friday. Good luck Dirt Wurx. Hard to say who will win this one. Was...
Weather not looking good. Rain starting tonight through Sat AM, heavy on Friday. Good luck Dirt Wurx.

Was hoping to ride Washougal next Saturday on a public practice day but that's not looking likely. That place is not much fun when it's wet.

Hammer 663s

PS. I've ridden 2 times since October 1st 2016. It's been a miserable winter here, and I'm too old to ride in the soup.
Yup, I've ridden 2 or 3 times since October. Such a shitty pnw winter
TJ 755
4/6/2017 3:51pm
Sully22 wrote:
Bring back the Kingdome, and run the races on Friday and Saturday night in February....problem solved !
run it in Jan or Feb on the first west coast swing inside safeco with the roof closed. problem solved. sucks the Mariners are so anal about their turf. They always suck anyways.
C_Hart3
4/6/2017 4:08pm
Sully22 wrote:
TJ 755 wrote:
run it in Jan or Feb on the first west coast swing inside safeco with the roof closed. problem solved. sucks the Mariners are so anal...
run it in Jan or Feb on the first west coast swing inside safeco with the roof closed. problem solved. sucks the Mariners are so anal about their turf. They always suck anyways.
Hey hey, no bad talking the mariners! They will be good again someday. I love Safeco, the race world be awesome there. I'm surprised that the mariners would be more picky over their field than the Seahawks are.
TJ 755
4/6/2017 4:12pm
Sully22 wrote:
TJ 755 wrote:
run it in Jan or Feb on the first west coast swing inside safeco with the roof closed. problem solved. sucks the Mariners are so anal...
C_Hart3 wrote:
Hey hey, no bad talking the mariners! They will be good again someday. I love Safeco, the race world be awesome there. I'm surprised that the...
Hey hey, no bad talking the mariners! They will be good again someday. I love Safeco, the race world be awesome there. I'm surprised that the mariners would be more picky over their field than the Seahawks are.
safeco has real grass. C-link turf.
aeffertz
4/6/2017 4:30pm Edited Date/Time 4/6/2017 4:31pm
Myke wrote:
Of all the stadiums in the US not to have a dome.....
Haha, right? Heck, they should come race a SX in Lambeau Field!
bsharkey
4/6/2017 4:30pm
back in the old days it was in February because we had a roof so it didn't matter. This is two weeks earlier than we've ever had it since it's been at Qwest Field

yzf842
4/6/2017 4:52pm
gjbruny wrote:
both of these guys are pretty decent in the slop.... oh the irony [embed] https://youtu.be/Ky-s_Q_0qfk [/embed] its a sloppy mess right now over here on the...
both of these guys are pretty decent in the slop.... oh the irony

its a sloppy mess right now over here on the dry side of the state. wettest october on record, above average snow all winter, second wettest march on record. friday through monday are supposed to be pretty wet here with friday being a soaker..... my guess is we will see rain come race day.
That's fuckin hollarious
KirkChandler
Fantasy
278th
4/6/2017 5:03pm
TJ 755 wrote:
C_Hart3 wrote:
Hey hey, no bad talking the mariners! They will be good again someday. I love Safeco, the race world be awesome there. I'm surprised that the...
TJ 755 wrote:
safeco has real grass. C-link turf.
Isn't the issue with SafeCo the access for dump trucks and heavy equipment? The tunnels aren't tall enough or maybe that's just an old excuse.
p0wn
4/6/2017 5:11pm
JW381 wrote:
Even the desert 100 was a fuckin' mud fest. I put on the shinko mud rear at the beginning of the season and haven't looked back. So glad it's almost summer. Just waitin. Still riding the crap but waiting for the good stuff.
KirkChandler
Fantasy
278th
4/6/2017 5:18pm
I heard that the dirt has been uncovered during storage, and that it was completely water logged before it was even brought to the stadium, making...
I heard that the dirt has been uncovered during storage, and that it was completely water logged before it was even brought to the stadium, making it difficult to build the jumps. It isn't going to absorb much moisture, and if it rains any more once the tarps are off, the track is going to deteriorate rapidly.
Hmmm, if that's the case it will be tougher. lol

What race was it a couple years ago that was an indoor mud race because the dirt was frozen when they brought it into the dome and it melted? Toronto or Indy?
Tim507
4/6/2017 5:41pm
Weather not looking good. Rain starting tonight through Sat AM, heavy on Friday. Good luck Dirt Wurx. Hard to say who will win this one. Was...

Hammer 663s

JW381 wrote:
What no riding....I've ridden close to 12 or more times since October.
JW381
4/6/2017 6:20pm

Hammer 663s

JW381 wrote:
Tim507 wrote:
What no riding....I've ridden close to 12 or more times since October.
I know, I know. There's been winters where I've braved the mud more, traveled to better spots, whatever. But this winter has been extra stressful. Riding a dirt bike felt closer to work than anything else Unsure

Ready for spring!
Tim507
4/6/2017 6:31pm
I hate the mud....use to be a top notch mud rider.....not any more. No mud riding at all. Yes a little snow, however mostly dry dirt with most east of the Cascades, WA and OR. A few time the mountain pass highways was where the challenge was
JW381
4/6/2017 6:33pm
Tim507 wrote:
I hate the mud....use to be a top notch mud rider.....not any more. No mud riding at all. Yes a little snow, however mostly dry dirt...
I hate the mud....use to be a top notch mud rider.....not any more. No mud riding at all. Yes a little snow, however mostly dry dirt with most east of the Cascades, WA and OR. A few time the mountain pass highways was where the challenge was
Yeah there's definitely places to ride in the winter, I just didn't have the funds to do any traveling. Good for you riding 12 times!
wildbill
4/6/2017 8:54pm
Mud is such a mental monster. I used to force myself to have fun in it and ride it like sand, only with a muddy smile. Didn't always work. Territorial was fun to race a few times as a slop fest though.

Post a reply to: Seattle = mudder.....

The Latest