Scott Sheak

Related:
Create New Tag

2/28/2019 11:50 AM

He comes across as a very nice humble positive guy. I enjoyed watching him race but what a bummer to hear about the effects from his concussions. I'm wondering if Stew is okay. Hepler and Milsaps retired early. Wonder if there is someone on the circuit now who should retire?

|

2/28/2019 2:49 PM

You think Milsaps retired early?

|

2/28/2019 2:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/28/2019 3:04 PM

Sheak had the worst bell ringer ever at Soutwick in '03 I think. He smaked a tree so hard he dropped like a sack of potatoes. I had a front row view and let me tell you, it was NOT pretty.
Edit: it was '99 probably

|

THERE IS NO SECOND MOTO IN LIFE!

2/28/2019 3:03 PM

500guy wrote:

You think Milsaps retired early?

Even though he didn't have a short career, he had a factory ride and was basically medically unable to fulfill it and chose to retire instead of risking further potentially life altering injuries. So I think that is a yes.

|

2/28/2019 3:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/1/2019 4:35 AM

It’s called a Lloyd’s London insurance pay out. Get hurt, prove it affects your ability to race competitively (most top racers have it so don’t get take it negative) I’m not talking about Scott sheak tho so my bad!

|

2/28/2019 3:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/28/2019 3:21 PM

My son has had 3 grade 3 concussions, the last one he was knocked out and pronounced dead by an Emt.

Was out 5 minutes or so, I got on top of him as his Mom was freaking out doing laps in her mind after being told "He's gone".

His eyes rolled back in his head after all that time, deals with short term memory loss today but has never quit racing, he's 26 and the bad one happened when he was 12

|

2/28/2019 3:19 PM

RexEasely wrote:

He comes across as a very nice humble positive guy. I enjoyed watching him race but what a bummer to hear about the effects from his concussions. I'm wondering if Stew is okay. Hepler and Milsaps retired early. Wonder if there is someone on the circuit now who should retire?

Link?

|

2/28/2019 3:28 PM

I Have had Several in my life not All from moto , but i enough that i am Concerned, im planning to ask a Dr about the treatment Cooksey talks about.
I was never that smart to begin with so im not sure how much it affects me smile

|

2/28/2019 3:49 PM

Jeff alessi wrote:

It’s called a Lloyd’s London insurance pay out. Get hurt, prove it affects your ability to race competitively (most top racers have it so don’t get take it negative) I’m not talking about Scott sheak tho so my bad!

Js7 perhaps?

|

2/28/2019 4:11 PM

I liked the movie he was in where he goes all ninja. Was that moto triple X? I think that movie was great.

|

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

2/28/2019 4:15 PM

oldblood wrote:

I liked the movie he was in where he goes all ninja. Was that moto triple X? I think that movie was great.

That was Ronnie Faisst in Moto XXX doing the Karate saying “Scott Shiek number 1” not Scott.

|

2/28/2019 4:19 PM

oldblood wrote:

mx295 wrote:

That was Ronnie Faisst in Moto XXX doing the Karate saying “Scott Shiek number 1” not Scott.

Haha, wasn't Link in that movie?
Also, wasn't that the movie with the helicopter sheriff giving Scott a ticket?

|

"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

2/28/2019 4:21 PM

STLSharky wrote:

My son has had 3 grade 3 concussions, the last one he was knocked out and pronounced dead by an Emt.

Was out 5 minutes or so, I got on top of him as his Mom was freaking out doing laps in her mind after being told "He's gone".

His eyes rolled back in his head after all that time, deals with short term memory loss today but has never quit racing, he's 26 and the bad one happened when he was 12

Not to pry but I'm curious if he had a pulse when he was out. What did you do to help him and what are you suppose to do besides dialing 911. Praise the Lord he was okay.

|

2/28/2019 4:27 PM

oldblood wrote:

mx295 wrote:

Just ruined my childhood. Thanks Bro! tongue

I honestly never knew that though. I was always a fan of Scott when he raced.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

2/28/2019 4:46 PM

He blames most of his CTE on 3 level 3 concussions in a few weeks time when he was with Plano Honda in 2001. Sad to hear his struggles.

|

2/28/2019 5:07 PM

RIP Dave Mirra.

|

Blur the technicolor

2/28/2019 5:07 PM

Was he just interviewed somewhere? Where is this coming from?

|

2/28/2019 5:19 PM

FIREfish148 wrote:

Pulpmx bro

|

2/28/2019 6:13 PM

FIREfish148 wrote:

Mathes did a podcast with him. It was sad to listen to.

|

2/28/2019 6:18 PM

Wow, this sounds bad, I will listen tomorrow. The therapy I did was TMS from HPRTC.com. Worked miracles for me, but head injuries are unique to each person.

|

2/28/2019 6:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/28/2019 6:25 PM

I'm a little foggy on what year it was, but he was on a Pro Circuit 125. It was two turns after the " frog pond" section. One turn before what was referred to as "the woods jump". Worst thing I've ever seen in moto. But I know the exact post you mentioned. Got a lacerated kidney from that.

|

THERE IS NO SECOND MOTO IN LIFE!

2/28/2019 6:31 PM

STLSharky wrote:

Damn that is scary.

|

2/28/2019 6:34 PM

Universe won't stfu

|

2/28/2019 8:28 PM

FIREfish148 wrote:

At a certain point in the interview, you realize the severity of the situation... and it's pretty heavy https://pulpmx.com/podcast/guest-scott-sheak/

|

2/28/2019 8:30 PM

Jeff alessi wrote:

Cashmore wrote:

Js7 perhaps?

No, I think Jeff is talking about Millsaps.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

3/1/2019 12:56 AM

Wow i'm gonna check the podcast with him for sure never knew what he went through.

I got a vhs tape somewhere of him winning a main event in the 125 class in Paris Bercy sx somewhere in mid to late 90s!

|

3/1/2019 2:13 AM

|

3/1/2019 2:24 AM

Did you guys listen to the JRE with Dale Earnhardt Jnr talking about concussions?

Crazy and he believes the effects are reversible...

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/1/2019 3:49 AM

Scott is a class act,i lived with him in Corona when he was a factory Honda rider,fun times for sure.

|

3/1/2019 7:12 AM

STLSharky wrote:

my son had a similar incident except for the pronounced.....crashed at the bmx track, as most know they are like concrete, shorted a step up and head first into a roller, broke his F2 carbon, was out for 4:30-5 minutes, eyes rolled back and started snoring on me. finally got him awake as the EMT got there and he was trying to refuse medical but as soon as he stood up he fell on the gurney. Ended up with lung/liver damage and a severe concussion, 4 days in the hospital and some theropy he was better. I still see effects in him sometimes, but this was 2 years ago, he was 10 or 11

|

kcco