Roczen is a free agent

ohhellnah
9/16/2022 11:57am Edited Date/Time 9/16/2022 11:59am
Gravel wrote:
Seems like there’s another side to the story.. I’ve got a lot of respect for KR, the fact that he’s still riding is absolutely amazing. He’s...
Seems like there’s another side to the story..

I’ve got a lot of respect for KR, the fact that he’s still riding is absolutely amazing. He’s still got a ton of speed on his good days and should still have more wins in him. I remember watching him on the Suzuki, he was so good on that bike. I just wish he knew how to think more and talk slower, it seems like everything he thinks just falls out of his face with no thought of how it sounds kinda whiny and diva like sometimes.

Hopefully he finds the right fit and enjoys the last few years of his amazing career.
I mean, what’s more important, the facts of the matter/truth, or how something looks? Signal over noise always imo.
MXD
9/16/2022 12:32pm
MXD wrote:
Honda's PR team > KR94's PR team

They just put on a PR clinic with that release. GG Kenny, that's a wrap.
scott_nz wrote:
To be fair , a corporate PR team vs 2 guys that raced motocross more than they went to school is not a fair fight
When you hire an agent they should be able to do agent things well, no?
ktmdan
9/16/2022 12:35pm
Maybe it’s just an ESL thing but KR always comes across as being untruthful to me. Or maybe more like manipulating the truth.
Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
9/16/2022 12:39pm
This just in...

The Shop

Xeno
9/16/2022 12:42pm
More like 3 minute contract LOL
Motodave15
9/16/2022 12:52pm
I just want to know how this affects Lebrons Contract on the lakers and if Tom brady is going to play in 2024 at this point.
9/16/2022 1:02pm
Magoofan wrote:
This just in... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2022/09/16/568717/s1200_DSC_8500_e.jpg[/img]
This just in...

Honestly if thats a clone of a 2008 it may be better than we think.
NV825
Fantasy
2740th
9/16/2022 1:11pm
Very weird that he felt the need to stretch the truth when all that was needed is to say that Honda and him couldn't come to agreeable terms, and that he thanks them for his time there and is looking forward to a strong future elsewhere.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
9/16/2022 1:21pm
NV825 wrote:
Very weird that he felt the need to stretch the truth when all that was needed is to say that Honda and him couldn't come to...
Very weird that he felt the need to stretch the truth when all that was needed is to say that Honda and him couldn't come to agreeable terms, and that he thanks them for his time there and is looking forward to a strong future elsewhere.
That would be professional and you wouldn’t have a sound bit to “own” the other side of that happened
drewd237
9/16/2022 1:22pm
The top guys 2-3 million base plus bonuses.
Didn’t somebody in the media say his first contract was $10mil over 3 years? Not sure what his contract was the second time around
fourfourone
9/16/2022 1:35pm
I wonder if KR is going to have trouble getting comfy on the couch.
jaun
9/16/2022 1:37pm
drewd237 wrote:
Didn’t somebody in the media say his first contract was $10mil over 3 years? Not sure what his contract was the second time around
I believe it was $5m over 3 years
Press516
Fantasy
90th
9/16/2022 1:39pm
Beta probably doesn't want to spend the money, but what a shot in the arm it would be for them. Top 5's and no contractual conflicts with anything...
HD1200
9/16/2022 2:30pm
wr74 wrote:
Listening to Ken's side, it does appear he has been screwed over by Honda.

The WSX races don't interfere with anything for 2022.
davistld01 wrote:
BUT...it sounds like Kenny committed to those WSX races, and more without getting approval from Honda, almost like he thought they'd be automatically onboard because of...
BUT...it sounds like Kenny committed to those WSX races, and more without getting approval from Honda, almost like he thought they'd be automatically onboard because of who he is. I guess KR is getting a chance to eat some humble pie after such a lackluster season, and basically badmouthing the bike when he didn't perform up to par...which was often.

I'm a Roczen fan, but I think both parties got what they needed...ugly or not. I just hope he finds a championship caliber ride.
I don't buy it. I find that hard to believe that with the people Kenny has around him, agents and attorneys.
KlockreN
9/16/2022 2:42pm Edited Date/Time 9/16/2022 2:52pm
Sounds to me like he did a contract to ride WSX early and honda was ok with it and then when WSX started getting traction honda did a offer that said he had to quit wsx.

Edit: he even said he would pay for the motors and shipping for equipment to race the wsx but they pulled the plug. either they didnt really want him anymore or its because they are abit scared of wsx.
YZed250
9/16/2022 3:20pm Edited Date/Time 9/16/2022 3:21pm
The worst part of this deal is incestuous relationship between Honda (read manufacturers) and American pro MX/SX.

Smacks of 1997/1998 and the end of the the 2-stroke era. Recall that KTM stayed neutral/impartial and rode a HUGE wave of success selling 2-strokes. I really hope that KTM support both series and they both survive!
CPR
9/16/2022 3:23pm
Well the Honda PR makes it very clear who’s running moto in the US, and it’s not the AMA.
Feld, MXSports and US OEM’s are operating as a cartel, to the detriment of the sport internationally.
clarkgray432
Fantasy
4009th
9/16/2022 3:35pm
CPR wrote:
Well the Honda PR makes it very clear who’s running moto in the US, and it’s not the AMA. Feld, MXSports and US OEM’s are operating...
Well the Honda PR makes it very clear who’s running moto in the US, and it’s not the AMA.
Feld, MXSports and US OEM’s are operating as a cartel, to the detriment of the sport internationally.
Sorry nobody is taking your guys world championship seriously
Johnny Ringo
9/16/2022 3:44pm
Not at all how I thought this relationship would end up in November 2016 when Terrafirma’94 dropped on YouTube
CPR
9/16/2022 3:48pm
CPR wrote:
Well the Honda PR makes it very clear who’s running moto in the US, and it’s not the AMA. Feld, MXSports and US OEM’s are operating...
Sorry nobody is taking your guys world championship seriously
Missing the point there Clark
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
9/16/2022 3:50pm Edited Date/Time 9/16/2022 3:57pm
CPR wrote:
Did you not know this already ? And see if the manufacturers fuck off. You get what happened to ama super bike who are still trying to rebuild

Edit
Another example is the aus mx series. Which has Very little manufacturer support compared to 10 years ago
DonM
9/16/2022 4:00pm
CPR wrote:
First of all the AMA is the sanctioning body and has nothing to do with the promotion or “running” of moto in the US it always been that way… Secondly WSX’s decisions and actions are what brought this on….Thirdly all Honda makes clear is their stance on WSX….Man if only they chose to have their series in the fall/off season we could have avoided all this and WSX would have a better product to showcase…
CPR
9/16/2022 4:08pm
CPR wrote:
scott_nz wrote:
Did you not know this already ? And see if the manufacturers fuck off. You get what happened to ama super bike who are still trying...
Did you not know this already ? And see if the manufacturers fuck off. You get what happened to ama super bike who are still trying to rebuild

Edit
Another example is the aus mx series. Which has Very little manufacturer support compared to 10 years ago
Yeah I knew it, but that’s the first time I’ve seen it openly admitted. Certainly not a healthy arrangement.
ATKpilot99
9/16/2022 4:12pm
CPR wrote:
You honestly don't understand the pushback resulting from running their series in direct competition with another series that has existed for 50 years ?
APLMAN99
9/16/2022 5:24pm
CPR wrote:
I think it’s more a matter of the OEMs valuing the importance of the AMA sanction and NOT wanting to have to pay for 2 Supercross series for their teams….
endurox
9/16/2022 5:47pm
Kenny should start his own team. He really liked the 2016 RMZ, use that is a platform.
9/16/2022 5:47pm
CPR wrote:
scott_nz wrote:
Did you not know this already ? And see if the manufacturers fuck off. You get what happened to ama super bike who are still trying...

Edit
CPR wrote:
Yeah I knew it, but that’s the first time I’ve seen it openly admitted. Certainly not a healthy arrangement.
They're American sponsored teams that are paid to race a American race series . Just listen to the names of the teams American Honda ,Kawasaki USA , Yamaha USA. The yearly budget is for them to race the American Series not a World Series. All the Oems have a large dealer network here in the USA that they’re advertising for. American Honda and Kawasaki USA have nothing to gain from racing a World Series. WSX should be asking Honda Europe or Kawasaki Europe for riders not American Honda and Kawasaki USA
Island Boi
9/16/2022 6:23pm
It doesn’t sound like anyone is really going to miss seeing Ken out on the track. There are plenty of guys that can get a good start and fade back and settle into a position week in and week out.

Just hope we don’t have to hear his whiny high pitch in the booth
Island Boi
9/16/2022 7:08pm
Here’s a controversial opinion: Ken has been due for retirement for about 2-3 years. If you go back a decade or so, the standard retirement age for a pro SX/MX guy was 27. Ken is now about 29. Keeping these stale older riders around who have all the money and none of the drive seems to actually be bad for the sport. You have guys like Nichols, Justin cooper, and others who can’t get their 450 job because of these stale older hangarounds . It is high and above time for Roczen and Barcia to move on. I will leave anderson and tomac out of this rant because they obviously have the heart and desire to keep racing forward

Post a reply to: Roczen is a free agent

The Latest