Reed Jason Thomas fallout

Related:
Create New Tag

6/22/2018 3:39 AM

Yep 6 pages and no answers lol I love vital forums

|

6/22/2018 4:30 AM

zehn wrote:

Honestly If you need to flavor a good scallop with anything then you probably don’t like scallops. They were made perfectly ...more

EZZA 95B wrote:

Actual Scallop:
Photo

Potato Scallop: Sold at the fish and chip shop. Ya want chicken salt, or just shit-loads of Barbie sauce? ...more

jemcee wrote:

Oh man ya killin me Ezza! I've been having cravings since they were brought up and boom you put up a pic of their golden ...more

Best tater scallops I EVER had was from Stockton takeaway. Golden flaky baked batter, made right there on the spot. Covered in tom sauce. Great way to end a day out there. Helped to floss out the sand too. From ya teeth anyway. Something else I can't eat now also. Or drink beer sad

|

6/22/2018 5:08 AM

Underground wrote:

Best tater scallops I EVER had was from Stockton takeaway. Golden flaky baked batter, made right there on the spot. Covered in ...more

I used to ride in the Stockon dunes on my 426, then go get a couple of Scallops from the Takeaway on the main road in Fern Bay, and go back out to the dunes... Destroyed a rim on my Hiace in Stockton.

Spewin about your deal mate, you'll definitely feel better not eating all the shit. It's all fucking poison anyway.

|

6/22/2018 5:53 AM

BobKerr wrote:

From the comments I heard and read, I assumed that JT disagreed with Reed's decision to race SX this year, and as a close ...more

Dougy1 wrote:

Classic..... I said basically the same theory at the start of the thread and it got deleted Lol.
Then some pelican started ...more

It is VitalMX man. I found the internet many years ago, and have been a member of many different forums across many different topics. I have NEVER seen a forum run so heavy handed like this one though.

|

6/22/2018 6:18 AM

EZZA 95B wrote:

Actual Scallop:
Photo

Potato Scallop: Sold at the fish and chip shop. Ya want chicken salt, or just shit-loads of Barbie sauce? ...more

jemcee wrote:

Oh man ya killin me Ezza! I've been having cravings since they were brought up and boom you put up a pic of their golden ...more

Underground wrote:

Best tater scallops I EVER had was from Stockton takeaway. Golden flaky baked batter, made right there on the spot. Covered in ...more

Mate there's heaps of good GF beers. O'Briens pale ale and a czech one that's around. Id drink them anyday.
I'm in Italy now and Gf is a big deal and pizza that's as good as wheat based is available.
Just need to make GF Chiko rolls and I'm happy

|

6/22/2018 6:57 AM

GuyB wrote:

So if I lock you, does that mean we're not bros anymore?

As I said before, I don't know what Chad believes...or not. But I'm ...more

billyp330 wrote:

I can honestly say idc if u leave it or not. I know im not and anyone whom actually knows me knows the truth.

I think you ...more

GuyB wrote:

You really cited Fox News? grin

You've been here for something over a year. I've been working on the forum for about the ...more

Yes, but pick any media outlet you want, CNN, New York Times, etc. They all do it.

Doing something for a long amount of time doesn't make it correct. I enjoy reading the forums and all the speculation and hear say stuff. I want more personalities out of the heros of my sport. Whether any of it is really true or not is always up for debate as only the rider in question truly knows but its good gossip and is interesting. Look at how many pages and replies topics like these get. People love drama. Even you vital admins get in on it at times, but then later when you randomly decide its not going the direction you like or maybe are worried about what one of the riders in question are going to say to you about it, you just go and delete the dicey stuff. Seems pretty hypercritical to me. As a professional you should be able to separate your job (interviewing riders, reporting on races and moto related news) with the personal stuff (commenting on a public forum with other moto heads). If a rider comes up to you and says "hey, people told me that they heard on Vital that I like dudes, wtf". You should just reply as a professional and say "Oh some people started a topic in the forum it, wasnt an actual article write up or anything" or just say "it definitely not on an article, but maybe its on the forums, i will have to look into it".

Vital forums and Vital mx are 2 different things. One is for experts to report on hard facts about the racing, try to get riders to give honest, in depth interviews, and to showcase any new moto related products. The other is to get the moto community together to bench race, talk about there experiences with products and....GOSSIP.

I know some people push things to the extreme and will state wild speculation as fact, which they shouldn't, but its up to the readers to deiced for themselves to believe it or not. Its no different then when Matthes talks on Pulp about a riders intention to take someone out or not, its pure speculation as he doesn't truly know what the riders intent was and he is just stating his opinion on it, its up to his listeners to choose to either agree or disagree.

I'm not saying that you are wrong in your opinion on these debates, its just wrong for you to delete everything just because you have the power to do so. All you are doing is breaking the easy mean of communication between moto heads, your not eliminating the speculation as no one can do that (can you stop how most of the rumors start to begin with? Pit talk), so why try to shut people up on a forum meant to give people of common interest an easy way to discuss things?

|

2018 crf450r
2015 Ninja 1000

6/22/2018 7:32 AM

6 pages on two grown ass mens feud who no one knows personally?

Put this crap in non-moto.

|

6/22/2018 9:37 AM

BobKerr wrote:

It is VitalMX man. I found the internet many years ago, and have been a member of many different forums across many different ...more

It's fairly obvious why, the moderator relies on the industry for his income and doesn't want any threads to come back and bite him in the a***.

Also afaik it's his property and he can moderate in any way he chooses.

|

6/22/2018 10:17 AM

CalRMX wrote:

It's fairly obvious why, the moderator relies on the industry for his income and doesn't want any threads to come back and ...more

Plus this topic just sucks to be discussing on a public motocross forum. This literally has nothing to do with anything Moto related except the guys exist in the moto world.

|

6/22/2018 10:27 AM

early wrote:

Plus this topic just sucks to be discussing on a public motocross forum. This literally has nothing to do with anything Moto ...more

So its not moto related, yet its about a current pro moto racer and an ex pro moto racer whom know makes his living selling moto related products?

|

2018 crf450r
2015 Ninja 1000

6/22/2018 10:39 AM

I wish things didn't get clipped unless its insanely outta hand. I don't post much but I stay up to date, Ive def noticed if guyb wants it clipped its getting clipped. It makes me mad sometimes as well, but guys try to fight it and they never win. Until everyone leaves vital its just gonna be how it is. Guyb is in a tough spot ill give him that.

|

6/22/2018 10:44 AM

EZZA 95B wrote:

Actual Scallop:
Photo

once again you aussies are decimating the english language,

the bottom one is a potato fritter, very good for a hangover with some tomato sauce,

now a deep fried scollop is very good, and available from most NZ fish and chip shops, by the dozen,

ideally followed up by a nice kiwi pavlova, wink

|

6/22/2018 5:52 PM

zehn wrote:

Honestly If you need to flavor a good scallop with anything then you probably don’t like scallops. They were made perfectly ...more

EZZA 95B wrote:

Actual Scallop:
Photo

scott_nz wrote:

the bottom one is a potato fritter, very good for a hangover ...more

You borrowed the Pav, but invented Crow

|

6/22/2018 6:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/22/2018 6:17 PM

Things get clipped here when they are too close to the truth or to far from the truth...lol
Dictatorship at its finest.

|

"Nothing happens until something moves"

6/22/2018 9:21 PM

BobKerr wrote:

From the comments I heard and read, I assumed that JT disagreed with Reed's decision to race SX this year, and as a close ...more

APLMAN99 wrote:

When something like this happens between two people (not specifically between these two), it actually reveals that what was ...more

Natester551v wrote:

Hard to argue with that...aligned self-interest often appears as "friendship". I'm no insider, so no idea if that's really the ...more

I'm not insinuating that this is what happened in any Reed/Thomas issue either.

But I wasn't talking about someone "ditching" a celebrity type after they aren't getting as much spotlight as before, but rather how sometimes a high profile, highly emotionally fragile athlete, doesn't like hearing the truth from people because the "truth" was really positive in their prime. When someone who's been a good friend is respectfully real with them about things, often times an athlete will push those people away and bring in the next "yes man" to tell them how great they are, how they just need a turnaround on their luck, etc.

Whatever happened with these two, hopefully it works itself out if they were truly good friends. If they can't, they probably weren't.

|

6/22/2018 11:02 PM

billyp330 wrote:

I can honestly say idc if u leave it or not. I know im not and anyone whom actually knows me knows the truth.

I think you ...more

GuyB wrote:

You really cited Fox News? grin

You've been here for something over a year. I've been working on the forum for about the ...more

billyp330 wrote:

Yes, but pick any media outlet you want, CNN, New York Times, etc. They all do it.

Doing something for a long amount of time ...more

Totally agree . It is actually pretty average that we have to keep dropping in to this thread that were not happy our comments getting constantly clipped..
Don't take your customers for granted, whether there opinions are right or wrong.
This whole website particular the forums is full of ideas and opinions.. that's why alot of us are on here .
We enjoy having a yarn and some banter, but to continuinely clip comments not just in this thread but a hell of alot of others is ordinary .

|

6/22/2018 11:45 PM

EZZA 95B wrote:

Actual Scallop:
Photo

scott_nz wrote:

Underground wrote:

Kiwi's and South Aussies are the only ones who know what is what, Scott

|

6/22/2018 11:50 PM

JSM 69 wrote:

Yep 6 pages and no answers lol I love vital forums

Answers were clicked away. Its not political or religion forum they said. Dont know why this isnt gone from moto side of forum.

|

6/23/2018 12:28 AM

Six pages and the only thing I learned about is Vegemite. Looks like baby shit but aussies love it and put that shit on everything.

|

6/23/2018 12:34 AM

scott_nz wrote:

Underground wrote:

aaryn #234 wrote:

If anyone has bastardized the English language worse than the Kiwi's with their deletion of vowels from words, it's you Winkies in SA and the over pronouncing of vowels. Sound worse than Kiwi's even tongue

|

6/23/2018 12:35 AM

shaffstall721 wrote:

6 pages on two grown ass mens feud who no one knows personally?

Put this crap in non-moto.

or could care about

|

6/23/2018 1:03 AM

Soo funny, gone from JT and Reed, too Vegemite, now Kiwi’s and SA, and scallops. ???

|

@TONY351KTM

6/23/2018 1:11 AM

Tonynz wrote:

Soo funny, gone from JT and Reed, too Vegemite, now Kiwi’s and SA, and scallops. ???

Potato Cakes not potato scollops. I'll leave it at that

|

6/23/2018 2:25 AM

milliebays wrote:

Look, re the feud. Ive said this before. Reed clearly has indications of narcissistic personality disorder. Its gives you ...more

tcallahan707 wrote:

Do they test for psilocybin?

milliebays wrote:

that's funny.

If you've ever ridden on a psilocybin microdose you'd think they should test for it. Rode till my tank was empty, not tired at all.

|

6/23/2018 4:16 AM

I want you all to know, breakfast this morning was outstanding!

Fresh turkish bread, toasted, drenched in butter, vegemite, and some bitey cheddar with a double espresso.

Fuck yes! Get involved.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6/23/2018 6:43 AM

billyp330 wrote:

I can believe this. Explains why I cant be a fan of him even though he has a great underdog type of story. Explains why he ...more

MXD wrote:

When I read this original post by milliebays, my first thought was the same as yours. That sounds just like the Chad Reed that ...more

life_of_jaze wrote:

Reed is highly driven. He is also a damn good dude.

I don't know him which is why I carefully said "the Chad Reed that he portrays himself to be". He very well might be a good guy when you get to know him but that's not the vibe he gives off.

|

6/23/2018 6:55 AM

Underground wrote:

If anyone has bastardized the English language worse than the Kiwi's with their deletion of vowels from words, it's you ...more

Kiwis - their speech patterns and accent are pretty much unintelligible. To communicate with the world, they have to come to Australia to learn a language. And, far too many of them Do come here. Last one to leave, turn the light off, as they say.

South Australians - well, the less said about those weirdos, the better................. I'm sure they are descended from Kiwis.devil

|

6/23/2018 7:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/23/2018 9:55 AM

TogaSet wrote:

What’s up with the Kardashian’s?

SOMEONE is not keeping up I see...

|

6/23/2018 8:08 AM

aaryn #234 wrote:

Underground wrote:

If anyone has bastardized the English language worse than the Kiwi's with their deletion of vowels from words, it's you ...more

Bearuno wrote:

Kiwis - their speech patterns and accent are pretty much unintelligible. To communicate with the world, they have to come to ...more

I'd love to see Aus or NZ but you couldn't pay me enough to go to SA. That place is gonna blow up any second and I don't wanna be near it when goes. Gonna be a sad deal.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

6/23/2018 8:22 AM

plowboy wrote:

I'd love to see Aus or NZ but you couldn't pay me enough to go to SA. That place is gonna blow up any second and I don't wanna ...more

South Aus mate, not Saffa.
But you are correct otherwise, quite a sad deal happening over there

|