RedBud 1 - Main Races Bench Racing

tuttle425
9/4/2020 2:52pm
kpiper wrote:
I wondered if Tomac would be ready after winning SX, having a baby and history working against him to win four in a row. Looks like...
I wondered if Tomac would be ready after winning SX, having a baby and history working against him to win four in a row.

Looks like the SX hangover syndrome continues, even with Eli.

Or is Red Bud no longer a good track for him? To me, he couldn't pass people and that killed any possible momentum.
He passed people just fine till he caught up to someone that could match his pace.
kpiper
9/4/2020 2:58pm
kpiper wrote:
I wondered if Tomac would be ready after winning SX, having a baby and history working against him to win four in a row. Looks like...
I wondered if Tomac would be ready after winning SX, having a baby and history working against him to win four in a row.

Looks like the SX hangover syndrome continues, even with Eli.

Or is Red Bud no longer a good track for him? To me, he couldn't pass people and that killed any possible momentum.
tuttle425 wrote:
He passed people just fine till he caught up to someone that could match his pace.
Not sure I agree with that. He had trouble getting around several riders in both motos.

You could tell he had a faster pace than Sexton in moto 2. That was easy to see but despite multiple attempts could not get around. Maybe the normal Tomac desire just wasn't there today.

He did try though...that was clear, he didn't just mail it in. Changing of the guard?

The Shop

crowe660
Fantasy
4066th
9/4/2020 3:05pm
I don’t know what to say about Eli. When he was railing that outside corner after the start straights, i was thinking, here we go. It just didn’t seem like he could flow the entire track like he normally would. He kept blowing the entrance to the sand whoops, and by the time he figured out where his marks were, Sexton and Ac were already flowing and matching pace.

Oh well. I couldn’t be more happy for Zacho. He looked dialed and his bike was so settled in areas where other guys were struggling.

There are just so many fast 450 guys now.
Shaned9326
9/4/2020 3:15pm
With all these fast rookies and seasoned riders stepping up the sport just got better imo!! Even tho I am huge Tomac fan!! It what it is!!
ATKpilot99
9/4/2020 3:18pm
Good to see Zach putting the smack down. Hope it continues.
crowe660
Fantasy
4066th
9/4/2020 3:21pm Edited Date/Time 9/4/2020 3:22pm
Also, I wish BamBam could only get 1 year deals. lol. He’s a show all his own. It’s going to be a sad day in Moto when he walks away.

“It’s like stepping into a minefield trying to get by him”. LOL
GIwasB4
9/4/2020 8:36pm
crowe660 wrote:
Also, I wish BamBam could only get 1 year deals. lol. He’s a show all his own. It’s going to be a sad day in Moto...
Also, I wish BamBam could only get 1 year deals. lol. He’s a show all his own. It’s going to be a sad day in Moto when he walks away.

“It’s like stepping into a minefield trying to get by him”. LOL
^he's right
Johnny Depp
9/4/2020 9:06pm
Barcia toasted himself already, let's see the last 1/2?
Toasted himself? Lol
His charge forward ended at that point. Great ride no doubt but the beast was tamed.
9/4/2020 9:13pm
On a side note, the last few races the Suzuki 450,s seam disjointed mid corner, instead of flowing through the corners. In particular Anstie.

philG
9/5/2020 3:36am
Honestly, when you think that ZO bossed both races, and there wasnt a lot of passing save for Barcia , and his first moto charge and his battle with AC in moto 2, that was a killer race... i have long thought that too many guys post it in and 'ride their own race' far too often, but thar was intense moto, laptimes were proper tight and nobody backed off at all. Props to Marv in moto 1 for keeping ZO honest, and Barcia for doing the same in race 2.. with Webb and Roczen missing but not being missed,, as such, you can see everyone thinks its theirs to win. Sexton was impressive too. It was like watching a GP.. i know the US guys are intense in the opening laps, but they used to drop off, but there was none of that today.. great stuff

Post a reply to: RedBud 1 - Main Races Bench Racing

The Latest