Bellone
4/22/2012 10:51am
KAWboy14 wrote:
it hurts!

bump
An answer I would expect from this site
WhKnuckle
4/22/2012 10:55am
He tweeted "I'm OK, just tweaked my leg, we'll see how the week goes and I'll keep you updated."
kongols
4/22/2012 10:57am
KAWboy14 wrote:
it hurts!

bump
Bellone wrote:
An answer I would expect from this site
LMAO , do you come here to get answers?

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
4/22/2012 11:06am
It got answered a few times last night, and now again...they said he got a handlebar to the gut, a hit to the knee (some reports say it popped out and back). He'll have it checked out, but the expectation from the team was that he'd be in for next week.
Cygnus
4/22/2012 11:07am
All part of the script.
ky_savage
Fantasy
581st
4/22/2012 11:11am
Well that completes the injury list for the top guys.
cmess77
4/22/2012 11:14am
He should just skip the last 2 rounds, heal up, get super dialed for Outdoors, and let us fans have exciting racing at SLC and Vegas.
chrisbuehler
4/22/2012 11:30am
cmess77 wrote:
He should just skip the last 2 rounds, heal up, get super dialed for Outdoors, and let us fans have exciting racing at SLC and Vegas.
That would be awesome. Much rather see him rest and get ready for outdoors. And I say that as a Dungey fan. The last couple races would be awesome too, dogfight amongst the other guys
munsch121
4/22/2012 11:42am
GuyB wrote:
It got answered a few times last night, and now again...they said he got a handlebar to the gut, a hit to the knee (some reports...
It got answered a few times last night, and now again...they said he got a handlebar to the gut, a hit to the knee (some reports say it popped out and back). He'll have it checked out, but the expectation from the team was that he'd be in for next week.
It definitely looked like his leg was rotated when he first tried to get up. The fact he was able to hobble off was a good sign IMO because at first he couldn't even stand ! If I were someone who actually mattered, I would say park it until the outdoors he is already the champ.
Bellone
4/22/2012 11:50am
Guy B: Thanks for the update. Did you see Goerke's back picture he tweeted yesterday and he still made the main.
WOW
stillwelding
4/22/2012 11:53am
Cygnus wrote:
All part of the script.
Wouldn't want the stadiums empty and the TV ratings to go in the tank for the fastest growing sport in America, would you?
Outsider
4/22/2012 12:49pm
cmess77 wrote:
You would think he would want to rack up a couple more wins and cash if he could.
Hando
4/22/2012 2:27pm
if i was him i'd skip these rounds..but then again, i dont know how much he makes per race and race win
onetimepost
4/22/2012 2:38pm
GuyB wrote:
It got answered a few times last night, and now again...they said he got a handlebar to the gut, a hit to the knee (some reports...
If the knee popped out (and back), it is hard to believe that the ACL is not torn. I had this happened twice to me resulting in two ALC reconstructions. I guess an MRI is in effect and we should know soon.Sad
BobbyM
4/22/2012 2:49pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
He tweeted "I'm OK, just tweaked my leg, we'll see how the week goes and I'll keep you updated."
even if he sustained damage to his knee or lost his leg you never show all yer cards in this sport....never. Wink
TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
4/22/2012 2:54pm
If the knee popped out (and back), it is hard to believe that the ACL is not torn. I had this happened twice to me resulting...
If the knee popped out (and back), it is hard to believe that the ACL is not torn. I had this happened twice to me resulting in two ALC reconstructions. I guess an MRI is in effect and we should know soon.Sad
If the knee popped out (and back in) on a slow fall like that (granted all falls can still hurt or cause damage), then why wear knee braces in the first place? Just wear knee pads. Because if a knee brace doesn't support enough to help in that kind of a situation, it's unlikely to help in anything worse (meaning +95% of other crashes). And people question the veracity of the neck braces....

If I were RV, I'd take off SLC and come back for LV. Take a week and heal properly plus get some more rest prior to the outdoors. Additionally, for personal reasons I thought the interest level last night went through the roof after he went out - and we're RV fans in our house. Glad he seems to be alright though. I'd like to see him take 1 week off. It seems like a lot of risk to take after the championship is in hand and another series starting up in a few weeks. Come back for the last race of the year and show why he is the champ.
ocscottie
4/22/2012 5:13pm
Im watching Wind Tunnel with Dave Despain, at the beginning of the show he said that RV was scheduled to be on tonight, but is unable to make it because of what happened last night.

Hope the Champ is ok and it is just a deep bruise and not something more serious, even if he needs to sit out a couple weeks, i just hope and pray he is 100% for Hangtown!!

Uncle Todd, if you have any news / updates, please fill us in when you can. Cool
Hut
4/22/2012 6:20pm
Whatever is best for him, if he needs to sit out the SX races so be it. I just hope he ain't banged up to bad. Really looking forward to seeing him outdoors.
mx 219
Fantasy
1150th
4/22/2012 7:57pm
cmess77 wrote:
Outsider wrote:
You would think he would want to rack up a couple more wins and cash if he could.
fame and money are overrated...just ask stewart, he'd rather sit on the couch Whistling

Sorry, havent taken a shot at stewie in a long time...

I agree with you if he is fully healthy, otherwise rest up for nats.
4/22/2012 8:00pm Edited Date/Time 4/22/2012 8:01pm
I wonder if RV didn't tweak his knee initially in the heat race when he passed Roczen. It appeared he stuck his left leg out and kind of jammed it when he landed. His crash where he got hurt later didn't seem like much. Regardless it sucks to see another guy possibly go down. Hopefully he is just sore and can be ready for outdoors if not earlier.
4/22/2012 9:22pm
You folks seriously dont think that Kawi told him.. if you dont get a top 3 or 4 start, throw the race. We will give you your win bonus money, and that way you arent getting gooned by a mid pack rider... and saying good bye to the outdoor season. Dont for a second think it couldnt happen, and Id bet a good dollar on this one. Safety first, and its ALL about titles. Period. They want that outdoor title, and its cheap insurance.

That was a pretty lame crash, to say he hurt himself that bad. Good acting though, if it actually was the case. I want to believe that doesnt happen... but, I promise you it does, and has in the past.
kongols
4/22/2012 9:27pm
You folks seriously dont think that Kawi told him.. if you dont get a top 3 or 4 start, throw the race. We will give you...
You folks seriously dont think that Kawi told him.. if you dont get a top 3 or 4 start, throw the race. We will give you your win bonus money, and that way you arent getting gooned by a mid pack rider... and saying good bye to the outdoor season. Dont for a second think it couldnt happen, and Id bet a good dollar on this one. Safety first, and its ALL about titles. Period. They want that outdoor title, and its cheap insurance.

That was a pretty lame crash, to say he hurt himself that bad. Good acting though, if it actually was the case. I want to believe that doesnt happen... but, I promise you it does, and has in the past.
Damn, I really do love canadians.
Hank_Thrill
4/22/2012 9:29pm Edited Date/Time 4/22/2012 9:33pm
You folks seriously dont think that Kawi told him.. if you dont get a top 3 or 4 start, throw the race. We will give you...

I'm speechless...

Please explain this video. Did Kawasaki digitally edit it, then upload it to youtube as some anonymous fan?

Watch in Full Screen. You can see his knee gets tweeked pretty badly.
https://youtu.be/s-or_QtlfDI
ridge
4/22/2012 9:40pm

Unbelievable.

Hey, X Files is on...you're missing it, this one is about a conspiracy.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
4/22/2012 11:04pm

So many doctors...so little evidence. And I don't care what Monster and Kawasaki pay him. They don't pay him enough to be an actor. Especially a good one.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2779th
4/22/2012 11:07pm
If they didn't want him to ride, he wouldn't ride. No need to fake an injury
brianfagan9
4/22/2012 11:51pm

That just sounds ridiculous. On a lighter note the Canucks got beat by the Kings. Go Kings.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
4/23/2012 12:05am
That just sounds ridiculous. On a lighter note the Canucks got beat by the Kings. Go Kings.
Ha...and I was watching the third period of the game while sitting in a restaurant in Vancouver. I got pretty quiet in there.

Post a reply to: RV

The Latest