Question to DC.

kongols
Edited Date/Time 5/28/2016 6:27am
Why can`t we, foreigners, see second moto`s on promotocross site?
It was written in print that we should be able. This is second year in a row.
|
Pakoyz250f
Fantasy
1588th
5/24/2016 11:57am
I was going crazy so I read again and turned out that second motos were on TV on Mexico (Latin America) !!! who would have thought and had no idea about it... still don't know about Latvia you should check out tv listings, you could get surprised? maybe? hopefully? and well if still dont get them it was awesome to see that full motos were upload right away in www.promotocross.com so if DC is reading... great job!!!

"The Nationals will also be simulcast to various countries across the globe. Check the TV listings for your local station (listed above) for the time in your area.

Visit ProMotocross.com on your computer, phone or tablet to access the live stream of second motos in countries where race coverage is not available on television."
Pakoyz250f
Fantasy
1588th
5/24/2016 12:04pm
kongols wrote:
We sure don`t get it here.
Ok bro, just want it to make sure 'cause i made the mistake of not reading well haha let's wait for DC's reply.. have a good one
newmann
5/24/2016 12:08pm
You better be glad you don't have to wait four months to see it on ABC's Wide World of Sports!!! Or three months to read about it in MXA!!

The Shop

IWreckALot
5/24/2016 12:14pm
Can you not use a IP mask and access it through an American IP address?
stremme12
Fantasy
3693rd
5/24/2016 12:14pm Edited Date/Time 5/24/2016 12:15pm
You can try accessing it through a VPN. Or even a different DNS server should work. The DNS server would be a faster method than running through a VPN service.
kongols
5/24/2016 12:17pm
IWreckALot wrote:
No. You got to have cable subscription or something like that.
5/24/2016 12:19pm Edited Date/Time 5/24/2016 12:21pm

X2 Kongols. Thanks for bringing this up. As clearly seen in the screenshot above, international viewers should be able to view the 2nd motos without needing a login from cable tv provider.

*Edit: To clarify, i was unable to watch the second motos from Belgium. Judging from the comments in the race discussion thread tons of more people with the same issue!
stremme12
Fantasy
3693rd
5/24/2016 12:19pm
IWreckALot wrote:
kongols wrote:
So is it blocked because of your region or because you don't have the cable subscription?
kongols
5/24/2016 12:21pm Edited Date/Time 5/24/2016 12:23pm
IWreckALot wrote:
kongols wrote:
stremme12 wrote:
So is it blocked because of your region or because you don't have the cable subscription?
If you use IP mask it takes you to the page where you have to sign in with your cable provider, or something like that.
If I use my original IP from Latvia, it takes me to international stream, but it`s a black screen. We should be able to watch it through international.
JBmaico
Fantasy
1976th
5/24/2016 12:22pm
stremme12 wrote:
For me in the UK this past weekend, when trying to access the stream with no VPN it was unable to load the 2nd motos (just displayed a black screen with no audio). When using my VPN to connect via the USA it would display a screen to login via a cable provider.
stremme12
Fantasy
3693rd
5/24/2016 12:24pm
Were people in the U.S. able to stream it live from the site? If you're spoofing the address and it still didn't work then it wasn't and issue with the region.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
5/24/2016 12:28pm
kongols wrote:
Why can`t we, foreigners, see second moto`s on promotocross site? It was written in print that we should be able. This is second year in a...
Why can`t we, foreigners, see second moto`s on promotocross site?
It was written in print that we should be able. This is second year in a row.
Live or archived?
JBmaico
Fantasy
1976th
5/24/2016 12:28pm
stremme12 wrote:
Were people in the U.S. able to stream it live from the site? If you're spoofing the address and it still didn't work then it wasn't...
Were people in the U.S. able to stream it live from the site? If you're spoofing the address and it still didn't work then it wasn't and issue with the region.
Correct, it worked for people in the U.S (that had a valid cable provider login). However my understanding was that people not from the U.S would be able to view the stream? (going by the image Sandwarrior752 posted earlier).
kongols
5/24/2016 12:30pm
stremme12 wrote:
Were people in the U.S. able to stream it live from the site? If you're spoofing the address and it still didn't work then it wasn't...
JBmaico wrote:
Correct, it worked for people in the U.S (that had a valid cable provider login). However my understanding was that people not from the U.S would...
Correct, it worked for people in the U.S (that had a valid cable provider login). However my understanding was that people not from the U.S would be able to view the stream? (going by the image Sandwarrior752 posted earlier).
Correct, but I don`t know a single person who was able to view it without cable login.
mb
5/24/2016 12:30pm
All I do is go to pro motocross, and watch the videos when they post that night. Never had to input any info.
Pakoyz250f
Fantasy
1588th
5/24/2016 12:32pm
stremme12 wrote:
JBmaico wrote:
For me in the UK this past weekend, when trying to access the stream with no VPN it was unable to load the 2nd motos (just...
For me in the UK this past weekend, when trying to access the stream with no VPN it was unable to load the 2nd motos (just displayed a black screen with no audio). When using my VPN to connect via the USA it would display a screen to login via a cable provider.
That happened to me also, and I changed to a whole lot of countries which I thought would not have it on Tv such as Chipre, or whatever and also had the black screen, change it to USA and asked the login too..
IWreckALot
5/24/2016 12:42pm
Kongols, let me make sure I got this right.

You want to watch live and watching it through a US IP address asks you for login from a cable provider right? - I believe I had this issue when I first watched on that site. I had to find my login information for UVerse.

It's just black when you watch it live from Latvia?
kongols
5/24/2016 12:44pm
IWreckALot wrote:
Kongols, let me make sure I got this right. You want to watch live and watching it through a US IP address asks you for login...
Kongols, let me make sure I got this right.

You want to watch live and watching it through a US IP address asks you for login from a cable provider right? - I believe I had this issue when I first watched on that site. I had to find my login information for UVerse.

It's just black when you watch it live from Latvia?
Yes, that`s correct.
Olson
5/24/2016 1:01pm
THIS TOPIC!! ^^^

I used to plan my evening around this but since they can't get it right this season either I will just make other plans in the future.

Pretty sure you won't get any response from someone in the loop. Worth a shot though.
Lucifa.
5/24/2016 1:07pm
Not sure about all that computer stuff, but in New Zealand, we got to see all four motos live on SKY TV without having to change channels. Why can't this happen in the States?
toroP
5/24/2016 1:16pm
Strange. One would think they would want as many viewers as possible.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
5/24/2016 1:22pm
I was able to watch it on promotocrss.com without a cable login. On the login screen there was an option for "skip" or something like that.
As long as your ISP is not the same people as your TV company (mine isn't) I imagine it should work.
Olson
5/24/2016 1:57pm
I find this funny. You can pay some third part hack to see it, but you can't pay the actual promoters.
slipdog
5/24/2016 2:13pm
Falcon wrote:
I was able to watch it on promotocrss.com without a cable login. On the login screen there was an option for "skip" or something like that...
I was able to watch it on promotocrss.com without a cable login. On the login screen there was an option for "skip" or something like that.
As long as your ISP is not the same people as your TV company (mine isn't) I imagine it should work.
Wait... what? I didn't see anything about skipping the login, though I was a bit pissed off at the time.

I have no TV provider so are you saying I should have been able to skip the login and watch the 2nd motos live?
blaney372
5/24/2016 2:39pm Edited Date/Time 5/24/2016 2:47pm
Bigtime agree with this. I'm from Canada and had to stand on my head to even watch the first moto. No coverage for 2nd moto. Happy its live stream and shit now a days but come on, they still don't have it right.

I'm watching on an iPad (I'm assuming 1st moto streaming would have been good if I were on a desktop/laptop) and had to do a bunch of crap to download the NBC Sports Live Extra app.

Everything went kaput on the 2nd moto.

Really bummed out, frustrated. DC needs to put some respek on us foreign viewers.

Also I'd happily pay top dollar for a package like the GP's.
jamma10
5/24/2016 2:43pm Edited Date/Time 5/24/2016 2:48pm
It's because the 2nd races are shown live on NBCN and NBC(N) don't allow their content to be broadcast outside of the US.

Q: Can I watch live video on my mobile or tablet device if I am outside of the United States?
A: Due to broadcasting regulations, NBC is only allowed to show NBC Sports content on the internet in the United States and U.S. Territories. Users outside of these locations will still be able to access an extensive set of non-event video content on NBCSports.com.

It's mentioned several times on this page http://www.promotocross.com/mx/live

The way I understand it is that we're able to watch the first two motos live on promotocross.com because they're shown on MAVTV and they allow the races to be broadcast online simultaneously.

The wording on the main promotocross.com is definitely a bit ambiguous though.

Olson
5/24/2016 2:51pm Edited Date/Time 5/24/2016 2:53pm
jamma10, I don't think that applies to non american citizens. What that says is that even if you pay for NBC you won't be able to access the material outside of the US. Just like every other domestic channel out there. And even newspapers. Their content is seldomly accessible abroad.

When it clearly states on promotocross.com that international viewers in countries NOT offering channels that broadcasts the race, will be able to see them on the site. And time after time it does NOT work. If it's not meant to be seen by us just put a f'cking banner on the site "GO WATCH MXGP INSTEAD!" instead of tip toeing around this matter.
jamma10
5/24/2016 2:54pm Edited Date/Time 5/24/2016 3:24pm
Olson wrote:
[b]jamma10[/b], I don't think that applies to non american citizens. What that says is that even if you pay for NBC you won't be able to...
jamma10, I don't think that applies to non american citizens. What that says is that even if you pay for NBC you won't be able to access the material outside of the US. Just like every other domestic channel out there. And even newspapers. Their content is seldomly accessible abroad.

When it clearly states on promotocross.com that international viewers in countries NOT offering channels that broadcasts the race, will be able to see them on the site. And time after time it does NOT work. If it's not meant to be seen by us just put a f'cking banner on the site "GO WATCH MXGP INSTEAD!" instead of tip toeing around this matter.
Where does it say 'international viewers in countries NOT offering channels that broadcasts the race, will be able to see them on the site'?

I haven't found anything like that, only subtle mention of the fact that 'Fans across the country can watch the action unfold in all 24 motos of the championship'.
http://www.promotocross.com/news/nbc-sports-mavtv-televise-60-hours-coverage-2016-season

I could be wrong but nowhere have I read that all 24 motos will be available to watch live online, outside of the US. I do think the information is misleading though.

Post a reply to: Question to DC.

The Latest