Pulpmx fantasy

wlauderdale219
Fantasy
2159th
Edited Date/Time 3/11/2018 5:20pm
Is anyone else having problems logging in?
|
slowgti
1/20/2018 3:20pm
Yeah. Marx isn't looking too smart right now.
jrrundle
1/20/2018 3:21pm
Yeah been having issues off and on for about 30 minutes. When I am finally able to log in again it doesn't save my changes.
Mx286
1/20/2018 3:26pm
At first I understood there was a few bugs that needed to be worked out, but it’s starting to get aggrvating having paid for a service and not being able to use it when I need to.

The Shop

Panic_Rev
1/20/2018 3:29pm
Real good example of over promise and under deliver.
wlauderdale219
Fantasy
2159th
1/20/2018 3:29pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2018 3:33pm
Last week I defended them but honestly its getting ridiculous. I'm almost to the point with the others that we should get refund. I'm doing well in the championship league but if i can't login for tonight there goes my season
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
1/20/2018 3:31pm
You have 3 hours and 31 mins to make picks. Calm down. Everyone trying to change after seeing the top 18 in the mains..

Everyone does realize this isn't ebay, facebook, amazon, google, etc... that can handle heavy server loads. Just a few guys trying to provide and build a GAME. It will get better.
wlauderdale219
Fantasy
2159th
1/20/2018 3:32pm
I rather them do less and get it right bc honestly the live timing thing is nice but not a must.
tcallahan707
1/20/2018 3:32pm
Last week I defended them but honestly its getting ridiculous. I'm almost to the point with the others that we should get refund. I'm doing well...
Last week I defended them but honestly its getting ridiculous. I'm almost to the point with the others that we should get refund. I'm doing well in the championship league but if i can't login for tonight there goes my season
I feel the same way. I tried to be understanding but it's 3 weeks in and I can't log in? I'm sitting in 9th so I'm really not stoked about these issues, even if I get my money back.
slowgti
1/20/2018 3:34pm
Can they drop the live timing and chat for a few rounds and speed the site up until they get the issues sorted?
wlauderdale219
Fantasy
2159th
1/20/2018 3:34pm
Markee wrote:
You have 3 hours and 31 mins to make picks. Calm down. Everyone trying to change after seeing the top 18 in the mains.. Everyone does...
You have 3 hours and 31 mins to make picks. Calm down. Everyone trying to change after seeing the top 18 in the mains..

Everyone does realize this isn't ebay, facebook, amazon, google, etc... that can handle heavy server loads. Just a few guys trying to provide and build a GAME. It will get better.
Some ppl have lifes and have kid activities to go too and cant be on my phone the whole time checking to see if site is fix. I have another hour and thats it
Ray_MXS
1/20/2018 3:37pm
Markee wrote:
You have 3 hours and 31 mins to make picks. Calm down. Everyone trying to change after seeing the top 18 in the mains.. Everyone does...

How about us on the other side of the globe that lies awake in bed so we can do our picks before we fall asleep?

First week, sure problems will happen. Third week? Uh uh get your stupid server sorted already
St Ann More
1/20/2018 3:37pm
Mx286 wrote:
At first I understood there was a few bugs that needed to be worked out, but it’s starting to get aggrvating having paid for a service...
At first I understood there was a few bugs that needed to be worked out, but it’s starting to get aggrvating having paid for a service and not being able to use it when I need to.
Ditto! I applaud the effort, but issues weekend after weekend is gonna get old!

tcallahan707
1/20/2018 3:38pm
Markee wrote:

According to the show on Monday, they were going to go to separate servers that had the ability to expand if needed. I don't know how all that works, but they have had 2 rounds to get a feel for the traffic that they need to be able to handle. It's not a good look when they still aren't prepared.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
1/20/2018 3:41pm
Just make the site black and white and put all the fancy stuff away while it's not working.
No one needs a live timing feature and a chat if it makes the whole site work shitty
Idp57
Fantasy
2612th
1/20/2018 3:46pm
I've just saved my team pfffffffffffff Smile
Motofinne
1/20/2018 3:51pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2018 3:53pm
Markee wrote:

According to the show on Monday, they were going to go to separate servers that had the ability to expand if needed. I don't know how...
According to the show on Monday, they were going to go to separate servers that had the ability to expand if needed. I don't know how all that works, but they have had 2 rounds to get a feel for the traffic that they need to be able to handle. It's not a good look when they still aren't prepared.
3rd week. Like you say, it should work by now. They know the traffic that the'll get.

But as long as i can get my picks in after the LCQs, i'm happy.
wlauderdale219
Fantasy
2159th
1/20/2018 3:52pm
I hate complaining bc i love playing fantasy and enjoy it. I really hope everything is figured out now. I know Travis is probably ready to pull his hair out
smoothies862
Fantasy
787th
1/20/2018 3:56pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2018 3:58pm
I just hate the rider pick layout. its not user friendly. too big? use numbers in order instead of 1st name? other sites its click click done.
I wish the 1st rd didn't have to be dropped because the team that didn't save for me was really good lol
hopefully they get it dialed. I don't think ill use live timing either. I'm watching it.
crusher773
1/20/2018 4:23pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2018 4:23pm
Side question how does the 3 mains work for the first lap leader? All 3 counting or what?
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
1/20/2018 4:29pm
Markee wrote:

According to the show on Monday, they were going to go to separate servers that had the ability to expand if needed. I don't know how...
Determining demand is tough. You can't go on solely subscriptions or accounts. Like the gentleman above noted "Some ppl have lifes and have kid activities", lol .. so knowing when everyone are going to log in and demand server access is a tough row to hoe.

You could have had a beta test right, a "practice" for lack of a better word. But do you really believe the same demand will show up for a practice run preseason like in the heat of the season pulp is experiencing right now? With any new venture, there will be challenges and bumps in the road.
1/20/2018 4:32pm
It's a brand new site and fantasy format for starters. Not only are they tweaking the site, but they are tweaking things week to week like handicaps and such. It's going to be down for maintenance every now and then. Let's not get out the pitch forks. I personally haven't had any problems other than the dashboard not working.
smoothies862
Fantasy
787th
1/20/2018 4:32pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2018 4:33pm
crusher773 wrote:
Side question how does the 3 mains work for the first lap leader? All 3 counting or what?
if they do it in any of the 3. only can win it or lose it once. so 3 shots to lose or win 15pts
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
1/20/2018 4:34pm
crusher773 wrote:
Pick a rider, he has a 1 in 3 chance of scoring you 15 points. If you were going to pick a first lap leader, the triple crown events is when you do it.

From my understanding, if you picked say Justin Barcia, he he gets every first lap lead, its still 15 points? or Is it 45? That's my only question.
tcallahan707
1/20/2018 4:34pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2018 4:35pm
Markee wrote:

Markee wrote:
Determining demand is tough. You can't go on solely subscriptions or accounts. Like the gentleman above noted "Some ppl have lifes and have kid activities", lol...
Determining demand is tough. You can't go on solely subscriptions or accounts. Like the gentleman above noted "Some ppl have lifes and have kid activities", lol .. so knowing when everyone are going to log in and demand server access is a tough row to hoe.

You could have had a beta test right, a "practice" for lack of a better word. But do you really believe the same demand will show up for a practice run preseason like in the heat of the season pulp is experiencing right now? With any new venture, there will be challenges and bumps in the road.
I can understand that. My feeling is that the server should be big enough to handle max demand plus a buffer. I don't really know how it all works so maybe that isn't reasonable, but I have a hard time believing it's that expensive. As for a beta test, they have had 2 rounds to get a feel for what max demand is probably going to be. I was defending them after the first two rounds because I understand the guessing game. Bottomline, it's fixed.
aeffertz
1/20/2018 4:45pm
Markee wrote:
Pick a rider, he has a 1 in 3 chance of scoring you 15 points. If you were going to pick a first lap leader, the...
Pick a rider, he has a 1 in 3 chance of scoring you 15 points. If you were going to pick a first lap leader, the triple crown events is when you do it.

From my understanding, if you picked say Justin Barcia, he he gets every first lap lead, its still 15 points? or Is it 45? That's my only question.
Only 15 points, even if a rider leads multiple first laps. Also only -15 if a rider doesn't lead each first lap.

I'm unable to pick my team right now... Couple hours 'til go time...
Markee
Fantasy
1941st
1/20/2018 4:47pm
Markee wrote:
Determining demand is tough. You can't go on solely subscriptions or accounts. Like the gentleman above noted "Some ppl have lifes and have kid activities", lol...

I can understand that. My feeling is that the server should be big enough to handle max demand plus a buffer. I don't really know how...
I can understand that. My feeling is that the server should be big enough to handle max demand plus a buffer. I don't really know how it all works so maybe that isn't reasonable, but I have a hard time believing it's that expensive. As for a beta test, they have had 2 rounds to get a feel for what max demand is probably going to be. I was defending them after the first two rounds because I understand the guessing game. Bottomline, it's fixed.
I've been out of it for quite a while, so I can't speak on modern server cost. It is a REAL cost. If you have a account set up for a particular server, keep in mind server = processing power and storage. No different than our cell phone or personal computer / tablet. Your phone can handle a few calls right? Can it handle 5000 calls? Nope. You would have to upgrade your hardware tremendously. Obviously you don't want to pay for more than you need..If you see the demand is higher than expected, it just not a flip of a switch..
pummel
Fantasy
370th
1/20/2018 4:47pm
I’m not paying for Facebook or vital or Twitter. I did pay for pulp fantasy. If I wasn’t paying for it I wouldn’t care as much but I am and this is not cool.

Post a reply to: Pulpmx fantasy

The Latest