Oklahoma Riding Trip

fatpurplepanda
Fantasy
2821st
Edited Date/Time 12/8/2021 3:11pm
Driving into work today it was 8F out with a feel of -12F. Once I got into the office I texted a buddy and we decided it's cold and we already miss our dirtbikes. Quick wife approval later and we're heading down to Oklahoma Thursday after work to ride Friday through Sunday. We plan on hitting up Jandebeurs and possibly OMC, but OMC doesn't have groomed practice Friday. What are all of your favorite tracks to ride that have groomed practice?
|
alycium102
12/6/2021 2:01pm
Hey office boy, a man don’t need no groomed track. You must’ve been born with your moms dick
MotoChris
12/6/2021 4:54pm
Ascot Mx Park is in Dora Oklahoma at the Arkansas border and right off of I-40. They usually have prepped practice if not racing. Check their FB closer to the weekend.
crusher773
12/6/2021 5:42pm
Tulsa will be prepped Saturday. Not a great weekend because there is a winter series race Sunday but can't have a Saturday practice. Last weekend was the time to come EVERYBODY was open.
vetmxr
12/6/2021 6:53pm
crusher773 wrote:
Tulsa will be prepped Saturday. Not a great weekend because there is a winter series race Sunday but can't have a Saturday practice. Last weekend was...
Tulsa will be prepped Saturday. Not a great weekend because there is a winter series race Sunday but can't have a Saturday practice. Last weekend was the time to come EVERYBODY was open.
would some of you locals please give out of towners a list of viable tracks around the oklahoma city area.....every year it seems some cool ones pop up and then go away the next year....I head down every winter and usually just to Norman and Reynards place......Anywhere else open these days.....even good backyard tracks........

The Shop

motorick5052
12/6/2021 7:51pm

Hey guys!
You might check out the newest track that just opened here in the OKC metro area!? Its been open 2 weeks now and gives us another place to ride!
I’ve heard really good things about it and will probably try to make it out for this practice on Saturday!

We still have the usual OMC stuff (hoping Del City MX gives em some healthy competition, shakes em up a little bit and they start taking rider input and improve their product some!)
Jandebaurs is always a safe bet! Bob (at Jandebaurs) recently had his front track refinished by a pro track builder and the layout and jumps are awesome right now, plus he has been doing a great job on his prep the last several times I’ve made the hundred mile drive over to Okmulgee from Okc!

Check out the new track in Del City, you could easliy catch DCMX Saturday and Jandebaurs on Sunday for a pretty good ride weekend!
Our weather forecast for this weekend is pretty good too! Come on down and git’cher moto on!
SAW23
12/6/2021 8:04pm
Check out Sweet 16, believe they just reopened.
motorick5052
12/6/2021 8:05pm
The only two tracks in the OKC metro area open to the public are OMC in Norman Ok, and the all new
Del City MX, in Del City Ok.
Robbie Reynard is still operating about 45 minutes east of Okc but is ONLY running his place as a pro training facility currently and isn’t open to the public much at this time!
Pettijohns MX is an hour-ish southwest of Okc and is a great place to ride too!
Jandebaurs cycle park in Okmulgee is always great and Twin Hills MX (also in Okmulgee) is a must ride place when you can catch them open! Twin hills is in a family owned pecan orchard with good dirt and shady pits that feel a lot more like parking in someone’s front yard than a moto pit area! The track is fun and the dirt is pretty good too!

I know there is a track or two on the Tulsa area as well, but we’ll need someone from T-town to jump in with some local insight on those tracks!

All of the tracks are on Facebook…
Oklahoma motorsports complex
Del City MX
Pettijohn’s MX
Jandebaurs motor sports park
Reynard raceway

Hope this list helps out a little bit!
motorick5052
12/6/2021 8:13pm

Here’s the forecast for the next 7 days…
Saturday is the coolest day but low 50’s with
sunny skies is perfectly fine moto weather!
Especially against a “feels like -12” haha

porkrib326
12/6/2021 9:00pm
Having recently moved back to the area, I haven’t ridden all of the tracks but here’s my input. Jandebeur’s is as advertised. Been there twice and loved it. The new layout on the front track is fun. Ascot just changed their layout and unveiled it last weekend. Haven’t ridden the new layout but the old one was good. I went to TMX in Tulsa Saturday and had a blast. Freshly refaced everything, perfect prep, and fun, safe layout. I just saw a post that they are open Thursday night and Saturday and if it’s anything like it was last weekend, I highly recommend it. I live 10 minutes from GAS MX in Watts, OK and it’s pretty hit and miss. V-MAC Tracks recently rebuilt it and did a great job. It’d be fantastic if someone could figure out how to prep it. I’ll probably give it a try Sunday and hopefully make it to Tulsa Thursday. Hope that helps.
Skerby
12/7/2021 7:56am
Killer riding down there! Im trying to move to that area asap.

Think there would be any interest in a track in Mayes county? Im trying to purchase land near the town of Adair.
alycium102
12/7/2021 8:13am
alycium102 wrote:
Hey office boy, a man don’t need no groomed track. You must’ve been born with your moms dick
Man, what a dick. Good thing we are going together on this trip or everyone would think I’m some random idiot just talking trash.
crusher773
12/7/2021 8:56am
Skerby wrote:
Killer riding down there! Im trying to move to that area asap. Think there would be any interest in a track in Mayes county? Im trying...
Killer riding down there! Im trying to move to that area asap.

Think there would be any interest in a track in Mayes county? Im trying to purchase land near the town of Adair.
Skerby I think the issue you would run into is just rider base. Unless it is a really sweet track I think it might be a hard pull out there. It wouldn't be far for us but just don't know about others from across Tulsa. I haven't been to Dell City yet but Jeremy Thomas always builds pretty good tracks so I don't have doubts that it's good.
Freddyfred
12/7/2021 9:07am
If you want a shorter drive back on Sunday Challenge Trax in Kingsville outside Kansas City is open from 11-4.
57 degrees forecasted.
motomad724
Fantasy
1036th
12/7/2021 9:27am
alycium102 wrote:
alycium102 wrote:
Man, what a dick. Good thing we are going together on this trip or everyone would think I’m some random idiot just talking trash.
So you're not talking trash? Whistling

Couldn't help myself... have a good time down in OK
crusher773
12/7/2021 4:37pm
Amp isn't going to be open he runs the winter series. He hasn't gotten enough rain out there lately he said.
vetmxr
12/7/2021 5:29pm
thanks men.....useful information here........There was a bitchen sand track real close to the texas border I went to one year but it seems its closed now.....knarly for sure
66TR66
12/7/2021 5:39pm
alycium102 wrote:
Ha ha, Brutal.
crt32
12/7/2021 7:19pm
vetmxr wrote:
thanks men.....useful information here........There was a bitchen sand track real close to the texas border I went to one year but it seems its closed now.....knarly...
thanks men.....useful information here........There was a bitchen sand track real close to the texas border I went to one year but it seems its closed now.....knarly for sure
Thackerville, ya it is closed now.
crt32
12/7/2021 7:20pm
The only two tracks in the OKC metro area open to the public are OMC in Norman Ok, and the all new Del City MX, in...
The only two tracks in the OKC metro area open to the public are OMC in Norman Ok, and the all new
Del City MX, in Del City Ok.
Robbie Reynard is still operating about 45 minutes east of Okc but is ONLY running his place as a pro training facility currently and isn’t open to the public much at this time!
Pettijohns MX is an hour-ish southwest of Okc and is a great place to ride too!
Jandebaurs cycle park in Okmulgee is always great and Twin Hills MX (also in Okmulgee) is a must ride place when you can catch them open! Twin hills is in a family owned pecan orchard with good dirt and shady pits that feel a lot more like parking in someone’s front yard than a moto pit area! The track is fun and the dirt is pretty good too!

I know there is a track or two on the Tulsa area as well, but we’ll need someone from T-town to jump in with some local insight on those tracks!

All of the tracks are on Facebook…
Oklahoma motorsports complex
Del City MX
Pettijohn’s MX
Jandebaurs motor sports park
Reynard raceway

Hope this list helps out a little bit!
This is a great list and covers the main ones!
nickj308
12/8/2021 3:02pm
alycium102 wrote:
alycium102 wrote:
your still some random idiot and I hate that you two are leaving me here
alycium102
12/8/2021 3:11pm
alycium102 wrote:
alycium102 wrote:
nickj308 wrote:
your still some random idiot and I hate that you two are leaving me here
I made a post on Facebook. You should have said, “hey sucka, I would like to ride motorbikes with you guys”
sticecube
12/8/2021 6:54pm
If you stay anywhere in OKC (hotel, at the track, airbnb, etc.) have your shit locked up. Went to OMC for a weekend in march and had my gearbag and cooler jacked after mistakenly leaving my buddys truck unlocked. MF'rs will poach anything that isn't tied/locked down.

Post a reply to: Oklahoma Riding Trip

The Latest