Nor Cal privateer needs your help

Related:
Create New Tag

6/4/2013 10:28 PM

Nice little video of Defending canadian women's champ Hailey larson, 450 competitor David Gassin, and 250 class competitor james southwick as they have alittle fun on there way to completing the first round up in canada. Warning, not much riding, just kids having fun. wink Photo

|

Did i do that?

6/4/2013 11:04 PM

Very cool. Memories to last a life time. Go NorCal.

|

6/5/2013 5:54 AM

better read the rulebook about starting blocks.

just sayin...

|

6/5/2013 6:34 AM

C'mon Roscoe, rulebook? it's not like it's AMA Pro racing... Oh,wait... NVM!

|

6/5/2013 8:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/5/2013 8:32 AM

Roscoe33 wrote:

better read the rulebook about starting blocks.

just sayin...

That pic was taken when she was riding a class on amateur day. Mens class

|

Did i do that?

1/16/2017 7:50 PM

I know this is an older thread, but looks like David had a bad get off yesterday and is need of the moto communities prayers and well wishes.

I don't now any details of his situation other than what is in the description of the Gofundme that was set up by a friend of his, but I've known David for many years and he's good person that has been scratching out a living on a dirtbike on his own since he was a teen. I was at Hangtown yesterday, but there was a big off road GP running in the park and I guess that's where his crash happened.

Here's the Gofundme if you're inclined to help out a downed privateer, either way your prayers and well wishes would still go a long way!

https://www.gofundme.com/david-gassin

|

1/16/2017 9:39 PM

This bad news is like a kick in the gut. David is one of the good guys, and has always gone out of his way to help others. Now is the time to help him if you can.

|

1/16/2017 10:26 PM

David is a truly genuine guy, and at this time he has no feeling from the nipples down. He went through a successful surgery to repair his T5 ...his spinal cord seems to be stable. It will be a tough road ahead no matter what. If there is any chance that any of the vital community can contribute to him and share his go fund me it would mean the world. Thank you.

|

Did i do that?

1/16/2017 10:34 PM

Photo

|

Did i do that?

1/17/2017 6:46 AM

I am so sorry to hear of this. It's a long road ahead, but I wish him the best with it.

|

This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. - FDR

[LINK TO IMAGE]
"Grant money is not pork" - Rep Allen West

1/17/2017 6:50 AM

Damn, terrible news. So sorry to hear this. Please keep us updated.

|

1/17/2017 6:51 AM

Hate hearing this. Heal up our Moto Brother!

|

1/17/2017 7:19 AM

Hate to hear this, good thoughts sent.

|

My wife calls you guys the Yahoos.

1/17/2017 8:45 AM

Thoughts and prayers. I hope for the best.

Manny

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

1/17/2017 9:13 AM

Hey bud, my family and I will be praying for you, just kmow the mx community has you in their thoughts and prayers.

|

1/17/2017 9:39 AM

Such a cool off-road event, this is terrible news. Pulling for you David. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

|

1/17/2017 10:07 AM

Hate to hear these stories. GWS Moto brother.

|

well we ain't the smartest folks in the world...i mean we're fucking dirtbike riders for christ sakes.- BobbyM

If you chose not to decide you still have made a chioce.

1/17/2017 10:12 AM

Get Better! I hope things go smoothly for you in this time! My thoughts are with you!

|

"Cheezus"

1/17/2017 10:36 AM

Sorry to hear about your accident David.
I had a significant injury in June, and will be recovering for a while myself.
Work hard on your road to recovery.
Good luck, keep your head up and do the best you can.

|

1/17/2017 11:00 AM

Very sorry to read this. Fight the good fight David. Positive thoughts and prayers for you.

|

1/17/2017 11:33 AM

Sending out some positive prayers for David. Hope for a full recovery.

|

1/17/2017 12:52 PM

Man I was out there sunday and didnt see him go down. Track was hammered when I left.

Send some prayers out for him!!

|

1/17/2017 1:00 PM

IceMan446 wrote:

Man I was out there sunday and didnt see him go down. Track was hammered when I left.

Send some prayers out for him!!

He was racing the hare scramble there. But I will! Thank you!

|

Did i do that?

1/17/2017 4:10 PM

Positive thoughts and wishes David.

|

Check out my projects - Lukaitis Photo - NJ Motocross - The Moto Pages

For help with motorsports marketing, media, and management visit ScottLukaitis.com

1/17/2017 4:14 PM

Sorry to hear about David. Positive thoughts and prayers for him.

|

1/17/2017 4:37 PM

Pray for this rider. Keep strong

|

1/17/2017 4:46 PM

Hoping with all my heart that the numbness is temporary.

Get well soon, brother.

|

Ask not what your country can do for you, unless you can afford a lobbyist.

1/17/2017 6:48 PM

Honestly one of the nicest guys I've met, would help out anyone (even me),and always has a smile. Our prayers are with you my friend.

|

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

1/17/2017 7:06 PM

Positive thoughts sent from Texas!
Get well, David! Whoop this things ass!

Hoping for the best, moto brother!

|

Go for it! Don't let a little thing like fear, or common sense hold you back.

1/18/2017 1:58 AM

This sux. I feel so bad for you David, I don't know if the damage is permanent or not, and to what extent. I don't know what the science community will be able to do in the future for you and our fallen brothers. I hope there will be something. I think it will, but when is the big question.

I also I hope your agony and pain will be to the minimum, but how can the agony be to a minimum at this point? Try to keep the hope up, don't be ashamed if you get pissed, sad or whatever, but hang in there.

Hugs from Sweden.

|