Mike Brown

Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 9:34am
Rode good at Hangtown, but he hasn't raced full time in like 8 years. Please let someone have your #
|
MXMattii
Posts
5186
Joined
3/6/2010
Location
BE
5/25/2011 6:03pm
Why?? You make a rule so guys can follow the rules and use the rules to there advantages... I don't see anyone ride #3
Don't get why they don't give the guys the number where they ended the previous season. Chad Reed ended the 2011 Supercross serie second so in 2012 he ride with #2 and Ryan Dungey ended third so he rides #3 and in the nationals just the same ... Then the audience that never watch MX besides once or twice can see where the guys ended there previous season!
Kartwheel84c
Posts
895
Joined
8/28/2010
Location
Newnan, GA, USA
5/25/2011 6:38pm
Anybody know what, if any, races Brownie will do the rest of the year?
Moto4T5
Posts
153
Joined
2/27/2011
Location
Corona, CA, USA
5/25/2011 6:51pm
MXMattii wrote:
Why?? You make a rule so guys can follow the rules and use the rules to there advantages... I don't see anyone ride #3 Don't get...
Why?? You make a rule so guys can follow the rules and use the rules to there advantages... I don't see anyone ride #3
Don't get why they don't give the guys the number where they ended the previous season. Chad Reed ended the 2011 Supercross serie second so in 2012 he ride with #2 and Ryan Dungey ended third so he rides #3 and in the nationals just the same ... Then the audience that never watch MX besides once or twice can see where the guys ended there previous season!
That's the way it was in the 70's and 80's, good system i thought!.
Ddavis
Posts
5216
Joined
12/11/2009
Location
USA
5/25/2011 7:10pm
If Mike Brown can earn enough points to keep it, then he deserves to keep it.

The Shop

TeamGreen
Posts
37758
Joined
11/25/2008
Location
Thru-out, CA, USA
5/25/2011 7:10pm
MXMattii wrote:
Why?? You make a rule so guys can follow the rules and use the rules to there advantages... I don't see anyone ride #3 Don't get...
Why?? You make a rule so guys can follow the rules and use the rules to there advantages... I don't see anyone ride #3
Don't get why they don't give the guys the number where they ended the previous season. Chad Reed ended the 2011 Supercross serie second so in 2012 he ride with #2 and Ryan Dungey ended third so he rides #3 and in the nationals just the same ... Then the audience that never watch MX besides once or twice can see where the guys ended there previous season!
Moto4T5 wrote:
That's the way it was in the 70's and 80's, good system i thought!.
Funnything...

If he ends up riding the whole series...this thread is gonna be ironic.

Besides, it's his to keep...as long as he pulls off 25 pts.
T-Fish
Posts
3265
Joined
12/14/2009
Location
Sparta, WI, USA
Fantasy
5/25/2011 7:34pm
In an interview he mentioned which races he plans on doing. If I remember right, the others are towards the end of the season.


MikeYamaha47, perhaps you should go sign up and race the same rounds as Mike Brown and finish ahead of him. That'll lower his chance of getting the 25 required points.
ktm764
Posts
163
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Cle Elum, WA, USA
5/25/2011 7:34pm
He said he wants to do Budds Creek and Pala I think that is the two he said he was going to do because they don't conflict with WORCS or Endurocross.
DownSouth
Posts
9969
Joined
7/5/2008
Location
Tallapoosa, GA, USA
5/25/2011 7:40pm
Brown has been and still is racing full time for more years than most pros. As long as he scores the required point there is nothing to complain about.

Who is going to take his #3? They need to win a national championship first. A real one at that, not some 250 SX title. # 4, 6, and 8 will be available if a new guy wins a title (unless Langston show up to race again).
mxb2
Posts
22437
Joined
6/15/2010
Location
Bowie, MD, USA
5/25/2011 8:29pm
Browns a stud, hope he picks budds, steel city rounds.
RaceFace
Posts
1608
Joined
8/15/2010
Location
USA
5/25/2011 8:46pm
mxb2 wrote:
Browns a stud, hope he picks budds, steel city rounds.
He said Budds Creek and the last two rounds in "How was your weekend".
RaceFace
Posts
1608
Joined
8/15/2010
Location
USA
5/25/2011 8:52pm
MXMattii wrote:
Why?? You make a rule so guys can follow the rules and use the rules to there advantages... I don't see anyone ride #3 Don't get...
Why?? You make a rule so guys can follow the rules and use the rules to there advantages... I don't see anyone ride #3
Don't get why they don't give the guys the number where they ended the previous season. Chad Reed ended the 2011 Supercross serie second so in 2012 he ride with #2 and Ryan Dungey ended third so he rides #3 and in the nationals just the same ... Then the audience that never watch MX besides once or twice can see where the guys ended there previous season!
I'm in the minority but I like the numbering system now. I saw Hahn at Hangtown and was thinking 12, who the hell is 12 on a Yamaha (he was 10 last year) DV12? haha. Then I realized it was Hahn. Back in the day, it took 3 or 4 rounds to get all the numbers down from the previous year. Plus with the internet now, we wouldn't have RV2, IT9, RD5, DV12, JS7 or TwoTwo Motorsports for that matter!
Taylor156
Posts
1268
Joined
5/22/2010
Location
Burbank, CA, USA
5/25/2011 8:58pm
DownSouth wrote:
Brown has been and still is racing full time for more years than most pros. As long as he scores the required point there is nothing...
Brown has been and still is racing full time for more years than most pros. As long as he scores the required point there is nothing to complain about.

Who is going to take his #3? They need to win a national championship first. A real one at that, not some 250 SX title. # 4, 6, and 8 will be available if a new guy wins a title (unless Langston show up to race again).
x2, Brown is gnarly, go to glen helen and watch him pin it for two hours at a worcs race (last years format) and you will respect him at that age! He hung it out at hangtown and did well good for him he deserves it !
5/25/2011 9:14pm
DownSouth wrote:
Brown has been and still is racing full time for more years than most pros. As long as he scores the required point there is nothing...
Brown has been and still is racing full time for more years than most pros. As long as he scores the required point there is nothing to complain about.

Who is going to take his #3? They need to win a national championship first. A real one at that, not some 250 SX title. # 4, 6, and 8 will be available if a new guy wins a title (unless Langston show up to race again).
Agreed Down South,,

If he scores the needed points which is 25 ,, then wheres the beef? @ Wendys haha

Im still a fan of the old system, but can understand why it was changed.
5/25/2011 9:22pm
He rode damn good so if he gets the 25 pts more power to him.
Faceaz
Posts
1364
Joined
7/28/2008
Location
Glendale, AZ, USA
5/25/2011 9:47pm
I'm not a Brown fan, but I certainly didn't mind when Henry or Dowd did the same thing. So, I can't be a two face & say Brown shouldn't do it, more power to him.
ReedyMX
Posts
289
Joined
2/14/2010
Location
Gold Coast, AU
5/25/2011 10:06pm
I think he is punching above his weight having a number 3 anyway.
1 x 125cc national Championship 10 years ago.
I think if he retired the number voluntarily he would gain a heap more fans and get some really good publicity for his sponsors.
But rules are rules. So you cant bag on him for keeping it when the rules clearly state that he can.
5/25/2011 10:12pm
Brown rode great at Hangtown, it's always nice to see a guy at his age come out and show some of the young guys up! Good luck at the other rounds Brownie!!
BobbyM
Posts
21435
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
USA
5/26/2011 8:50am
let him keep it...who would want to use a number associated with dale earnhardt anyhow.?
lucero10x
Posts
1624
Joined
9/25/2009
Location
Las Vegas, NV, USA
5/26/2011 9:00am
BobbyM wrote:
let him keep it...who would want to use a number associated with dale earnhardt anyhow.?
Maybe a 30 something year old man from Johnson City, Tennessee that still rides a motocross bike like he fuckin stole it and can show up on any given weekend and lay the wood to a whole bunch of dudes ten years younger who think they are complete bad asses. Maybe someone like him. what do you think? Know anybody who fits that description?
mxb2
Posts
22437
Joined
6/15/2010
Location
Bowie, MD, USA
5/26/2011 9:03am
Old dude brownie rips!
5/26/2011 9:23am
Read that he's also doing the 24 hour challenge in Maplesville, AL
Adam43
Posts
3315
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
WF
5/26/2011 9:38am
ReedyMX wrote:
I think he is punching above his weight having a number 3 anyway. 1 x 125cc national Championship 10 years ago. I think if he retired...
I think he is punching above his weight having a number 3 anyway.
1 x 125cc national Championship 10 years ago.
I think if he retired the number voluntarily he would gain a heap more fans and get some really good publicity for his sponsors.
But rules are rules. So you cant bag on him for keeping it when the rules clearly state that he can.
You really believe that? If Brown gave it up, it would generate a one-paragraph press release on Racer X and no one would give two shits about it. Publicity for him and his sponsors = zero.

The whole numbering system, which I don't agree with, was changed to allow riders to use their earned number as an asset. It would be lunacy for a guy to give up if he still planned on using it.

I'd say Brown gets 10x more publicity for showing up year after year, and still riding damned well. It's even more impressive when you consider how long he's been retired and that he never raced a 450 in AMA Nationals.
robkinuk
Posts
4296
Joined
5/16/2007
Location
Ashbourne, GB
5/26/2011 9:46am
lucero10x wrote:
Maybe a 30 something year old man from Johnson City, Tennessee that still rides a motocross bike like he fuckin stole it and can show up...
Maybe a 30 something year old man from Johnson City, Tennessee that still rides a motocross bike like he fuckin stole it and can show up on any given weekend and lay the wood to a whole bunch of dudes ten years younger who think they are complete bad asses. Maybe someone like him. what do you think? Know anybody who fits that description?
Well said, the likes of Jisholm, sorry Chisholm getting spanked by a pensioner at Hangtown, too funny!Laughing
Mini Elsinore
Posts
1967
Joined
8/17/2006
Location
Huntington Beach, CA, USA
5/26/2011 10:29am
Run what you earn. Screw the 'number as a brand' bullshit. Permanent numbers are like 'tenure.' Tenure is an instrument of the debil.
MXD
Posts
2719
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
5/26/2011 10:37am
Hate the rule, not the people who follow it.
DownSouth
Posts
9969
Joined
7/5/2008
Location
Tallapoosa, GA, USA
5/26/2011 11:00am
robkinuk wrote:
Well said, the likes of Jisholm, sorry Chisholm getting spanked by a pensioner at Hangtown, too funny!Laughing
Chisholm was 16-12 for 13th overall.
Brown was 13-15 for 15th overall.

Who spanked who? Laughing They were fairly even.

Chisholm is still not 100% from his SX crash which left him a medically induced coma for several days. He is racing his way back in to shape.
mjskier
Posts
1879
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
5/26/2011 12:19pm
RaceFace wrote:
I'm in the minority but I like the numbering system now. I saw Hahn at Hangtown and was thinking 12, who the hell is 12 on...
I'm in the minority but I like the numbering system now. I saw Hahn at Hangtown and was thinking 12, who the hell is 12 on a Yamaha (he was 10 last year) DV12? haha. Then I realized it was Hahn. Back in the day, it took 3 or 4 rounds to get all the numbers down from the previous year. Plus with the internet now, we wouldn't have RV2, IT9, RD5, DV12, JS7 or TwoTwo Motorsports for that matter!
Add me to the minority side.
In addition to making it easier to know who is who at the start of the season, the current number system will make it a lot easier in the future to identify riders in a photo without having to pull out a history book.
DoctorJD
Posts
2979
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Somewhere in..., GA, USA
5/26/2011 12:45pm
MXMattii wrote:
Why?? You make a rule so guys can follow the rules and use the rules to there advantages... I don't see anyone ride #3 Don't get...
Why?? You make a rule so guys can follow the rules and use the rules to there advantages... I don't see anyone ride #3
Don't get why they don't give the guys the number where they ended the previous season. Chad Reed ended the 2011 Supercross serie second so in 2012 he ride with #2 and Ryan Dungey ended third so he rides #3 and in the nationals just the same ... Then the audience that never watch MX besides once or twice can see where the guys ended there previous season!
Then there would be no "Two-Two Motorsports"...only "Two Motorsports".
Seriously, I kinda like the permanant system, gives the riders another avenue to follow in terms of marketing.
moto589
Posts
380
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Chardon, OH, USA
5/26/2011 1:22pm
I became a HUGE FAN of the Brown family in 2005 when he went racing as a privateer. Keep the EARNED #3 for a long as you can!

The below is quoted from an Open Letter from Mike Brown August 26, 2005. Even though he was addressing the 2005 MXDN selection, I think its rather fitting for how some of you feel with him keeping his EARNED #3.

To the fans,

You can like the way I do things or not like it - that is your choice - but the decisions that I have made over the years are mine. I am fortunate enough to have a family that supports me 100 percent and am very aware of who my TRUE friends are.

Thanks to everyone,

Mike and Missy Brown


Post a reply to: Mike Brown

The Latest