Matthes On RV

davistld01
Edited Date/Time 6/26/2015 9:10pm
|
ChrisB10
6/21/2015 9:16am
Can't blame the guy for being hurt but it'd be nice to hear from him or his team. Last update was May 6th. We are not owed any explanation but it'd be nice...
agn5009
6/21/2015 9:21am
He gained ALOT of fans by going to the MXGP's. But now that he has gone missing he is losing ALOT more fans
davistld01
6/21/2015 9:25am
h&m_cycle wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/06/21/95263/s1200_Capturettttt.jpg[/img]

I believe everybody with half a brain "gets" that he's hurt, disappointed, and maybe even embarrassed...but I agree that, although he doesn't owe the fans anything, just a hit on FB or Twitter (like he did before the series & his injury) to acknowledge them with some form of a status report would be appreciated, I think. Not bagging on RV...but, just saying.

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/21/2015 9:26am
Do you use fantracker.com to get the numbers for that?
davistld01
6/21/2015 9:29am
GuyB wrote:
Do you use fantracker.com to get the numbers for that?
Huh? Blink
machine
6/21/2015 9:34am
agn5009 wrote:
He gained ALOT of fans by going to the MXGP's. But now that he has gone missing he is losing ALOT more fans
He would get them back if was to put in an honest effort for one more year, but that won't happen. In the end, most will forget about it, when they talk about his success years down the road.
jeffro503
6/21/2015 9:36am Edited Date/Time 6/21/2015 9:36am
What the fuck is RV supposed to say? " Well gee guys , I'm just hanging out at a local track today watching my little brother ride and yes my tail bone is still broken "

Did you guys need a full report on what he ate last night and how many times he wiped his ass this morning after taking a healthy shit?

The guy broke his tail bone in 3 spots. He's waiting for it to heal. What the fuck else do you " need " to know?

Geezuzz!
kkawboy14
6/21/2015 9:40am
It is not that hard to have a guy posting stuff up for you, such as:

Sunday: still hurt
Friday: chilling with the family
Saturday: watching my bro ride Washington (obviously not in Germany)
h&m_cycle
6/21/2015 9:44am Edited Date/Time 6/21/2015 10:32am
machine wrote:
He would get them back if was to put in an honest effort for one more year, but that won't happen. In the end, most will...
He would get them back if was to put in an honest effort for one more year, but that won't happen. In the end, most will forget about it, when they talk about his success years down the road.
Yeah, I agree... Fans are just disappointed about his silence, If RV was in MLB he would be listed as
"Day to Day"... But aren't we all...

What a way to go out "RV", USGP GH 1-1 "25-25"
machine
6/21/2015 9:45am
jeffro503 wrote:
What the fuck is RV supposed to say? " Well gee guys , I'm just hanging out at a local track today watching my little brother...
What the fuck is RV supposed to say? " Well gee guys , I'm just hanging out at a local track today watching my little brother ride and yes my tail bone is still broken "

Did you guys need a full report on what he ate last night and how many times he wiped his ass this morning after taking a healthy shit?

The guy broke his tail bone in 3 spots. He's waiting for it to heal. What the fuck else do you " need " to know?

Geezuzz!
I think what gets people worked up, is the rumors of him skipping out on his contract by not communicating. I have to admit, if he does that, i'll lose some respect.
500guy
6/21/2015 9:46am
jeffro503 wrote:
What the fuck is RV supposed to say? " Well gee guys , I'm just hanging out at a local track today watching my little brother...

Geezuzz!
So this explains the report that His Team can't get in touch with Him and nobody seems to know a real status for him ?

Kawboy is right, it's not so hard to post some info and it's unprofessional not to do so.
jeffro503
6/21/2015 9:56am
jeffro503 wrote:

Geezuzz!
500guy wrote:
So this explains the report that His Team can't get in touch with Him and nobody seems to know a real status for him ? Kawboy...
So this explains the report that His Team can't get in touch with Him and nobody seems to know a real status for him ?

Kawboy is right, it's not so hard to post some info and it's unprofessional not to do so.
I wasn't aware that his team couldn't get in contact with him. And yeah I guess if the fans want to know what he's doing every day while he's injured ( why , I don't know ) then yeah I guess that sucks. But I would think with that injury , he probably isn't doing much of anything. It's all wait time for him to heal. On top of the point that the guy is also pissed that he's missing his last racing season ever due to an injury. Probably sick of answering the same questions over and over and over. Just a hunch.
500guy
6/21/2015 9:59am
jeffro503 wrote:
I wasn't aware that his team couldn't get in contact with him. And yeah I guess if the fans want to know what he's doing every...
I wasn't aware that his team couldn't get in contact with him. And yeah I guess if the fans want to know what he's doing every day while he's injured ( why , I don't know ) then yeah I guess that sucks. But I would think with that injury , he probably isn't doing much of anything. It's all wait time for him to heal. On top of the point that the guy is also pissed that he's missing his last racing season ever due to an injury. Probably sick of answering the same questions over and over and over. Just a hunch.
Nobody forced him to become a Champion and Celebrity in the Sport, I understand your protection of him but a social media update every week to 10 day's isn't so much to ask.
davistld01
6/21/2015 10:03am Edited Date/Time 6/21/2015 10:05am
jeffro503 wrote:

Geezuzz!
500guy wrote:
So this explains the report that His Team can't get in touch with Him and nobody seems to know a real status for him ? Kawboy...

jeffro503 wrote:
I wasn't aware that his team couldn't get in contact with him. And yeah I guess if the fans want to know what he's doing every...
Yeah, I'm sure Stewart, Reed, Wilson, Canard, Weimer, Grant, Hahn and some other riders are equally as bummed that they're missing racing because of their situations...but they seem to realize that their fans (young & old) want to hear something from them...whether it's answering the "same old questions over & over" or not...and they stay visible at least on social media. Of course, if RV is laying low because of contractual legal wranglings...he also may be being instructed to hide out.
kkawboy14
6/21/2015 10:04am Edited Date/Time 6/21/2015 10:08am
jeffro503 wrote:
500guy wrote:
Nobody forced him to become a Champion and Celebrity in the Sport, I understand your protection of him but a social media update every week to...
Nobody forced him to become a Champion and Celebrity in the Sport, I understand your protection of him but a social media update every week to 10 day's isn't so much to ask.
Just every Friday he could say:

Friday: I talked to team today and doctors, I'm hurtin
Next Friday: can't feel my toes, lots of pain, wel maybe that's from all the tequila last night
2 Friday's: hey guys I can feel my toes, the tequila finally wore off :0) so I'm hearing y'all want to see the bruise on my butt?
3 Friday's from now: here's the bruise on my butt (. ) don't think I'm riding this week. (That's not really my butt)
kkawboy14
6/21/2015 10:06am Edited Date/Time 6/21/2015 10:14am
500guy wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
Yeah, I'm sure Stewart, Reed, Wilson, Canard, Weimer, Grant, Hahn and some other riders are equally as bummed that they're missing racing because of their situations...but...
Yeah, I'm sure Stewart, Reed, Wilson, Canard, Weimer, Grant, Hahn and some other riders are equally as bummed that they're missing racing because of their situations...but they seem to realize that their fans (young & old) want to hear something from them...whether it's answering the "same old questions over & over" or not...and they stay visible at least on social media. Of course, if RV is laying low because of contractual legal wranglings...he also may be being instructed to hide out.
No way he's being instructed to "hide out", that is dumb and unprofessional! There may be some things he wouldn't say for sure but not "hey guys, I'm alive and kicking, well the kicking part is still tough!"
gt80rider
6/21/2015 10:07am
agn5009 wrote:
Everyone knows he is hurt, if he is losing fans over that fact they were never "fans" to begin with.
TerryB
6/21/2015 10:07am
Motocross is a Top Secret sport, Bros!
kkawboy14
6/21/2015 10:14am
agn5009 wrote:
gt80rider wrote:
Everyone knows he is hurt, if he is losing fans over that fact they were never "fans" to begin with.
You don't get it?

FANATIC: of which "fan" is an abbreviation

a person whose enthusiasm or zeal for something is extreme or beyond normal limits
tp4
6/21/2015 10:16am
I'm totally fine ...not getting info..I'm old school when cycle news came out on thursdays...got the all the info and back to reality..99% of you guys need to put the phone down..tell your dad happy fathers Day...
mxb2
6/21/2015 10:24am
tp4 wrote:
I'm totally fine ...not getting info..I'm old school when cycle news came out on thursdays...got the all the info and back to reality..99% of you guys...
I'm totally fine ...not getting info..I'm old school when cycle news came out on thursdays...got the all the info and back to reality..99% of you guys need to put the phone down..tell your dad happy fathers Day...
As you post on vital, lol.
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
6/21/2015 10:25am
h&m_cycle wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/06/21/95263/s1200_Capturettttt.jpg[/img]

This is bullshit- mine still hurts after two years! Laughing
APLMAN99
6/21/2015 10:30am
jeffro503 wrote:

Geezuzz!
500guy wrote:

The report? Or just some rumor that sounds good to you?
DMG
6/21/2015 10:31am
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

RV not giving a status update about the shit he took this morning.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

RV fans are the biggest cry babies, hes retired, find a new sack to leach on to.
Insider347
6/21/2015 10:36am
jeffro503 wrote:
500guy wrote:
Nobody forced him to become a Champion and Celebrity in the Sport, I understand your protection of him but a social media update every week to...
500guy is correct. I don't need day to day ass wipes but every 7-10 days with a short update on racing status would be nice.

Happy Fathers Day to all Dads
Outsider
6/21/2015 10:42am
Sometimes I wish we just still had Cycle News...

Post a reply to: Matthes On RV

The Latest