MXdN

al8
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 3:10am
Dont they usually anounce the US team during LLs?
Any word?
|
spd721
8/5/2010 11:41am
Racer X posted that it will be anounced at Unadilla.

I personally hope that James isn't on the list. He hasn't done anything to deserve to be on the team. I think it should be Short, Dungey, and Canard.
mill2
8/5/2010 11:46am
spd721 wrote:
Racer X posted that it will be anounced at Unadilla. I personally hope that James isn't on the list. He hasn't done anything to deserve to...

I personally hope that James isn't on the list. He hasn't done anything to deserve to be on the team. I think it should be Short, Dungey, and Canard.
X2 100%

I am a fan of both JS7 and Shorty. I think Shorty should be picked.
mumbles
Fantasy
842nd
8/5/2010 11:49am
I agree totally on Dungey, Short, and Canard. They are by far the ones who should go. Stewart even if he comes back for the remaining four races and wins, he shouldn't be picked. He signed a SX only contract so the outdoors must not have been that important to him. Short hasn't gone and he has been our most consistent rider outdoors for the last three years. And besides its in Colorado so how could you not let Short go.
Ddavis
8/5/2010 11:51am Edited Date/Time 8/5/2010 11:52am
Should we pick somebody who has proven to be capable of getting the job done or someone that's solid but we aren't sure how he might do against the europeans.

If James goes 1-1 here on out and shorts getting 3-5ths is he still the best rider to keep that Pierce Chamberlain Trophy?

& so you guys don't go bashing me uncontrollably, yes i do think Short should be picked at the moment.

The Shop

David Izer
8/5/2010 11:53am
PICKERINGTON, Ohio -- The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) is pleased to report that American motocross fans will find out more about AMA Team USA for the 2010 RedBull FIM Motocross of Nations at the Rockstar Energy Unadilla National, round 9 of the Lucas Oil AMA Pro Racing Motocross Championships on Saturday, Aug. 14.

"We have some exciting plans for this year's roster for the Motocross of Nations," said AMA Director of Racing Joe Bromley. "The Motocross of Nations represents the pinnacle of international motocross competition, and we're looking forward to fielding a team of riders that is sharp, prepared and dedicated to keeping the United States on top at this prestigious event. Unadilla, one of America's true classic motocross facilities, is perfectly suited for making this announcement."

More details about the exact time and location for the announcement will be available at Unadilla on the day of the national.

For 2010, the RedBull FIM Motocross of Nations returns to U.S. soil. It will run Sept. 25-26 at Thunder Valley in Lakewood, Colo. Tickets are available at RedBullMXON.com/tickets.html.

The FIM Motocross of Nations is one of the most high-profile motorsports races in the world. It features teams competing by nationality for a combined score to determine the overall championship-winning team. The event emerged in post-war Europe in 1947 and has run uninterrupted since that time. The United States is the all-time leader in FIM Motocross of Nations overall victories with 20. Great Britain is second with 16.

The United States is the reigning champion of the FIM Motocross of Nations, winning over Italy and Belgium in 2009 in Franciacorta, Italy.
peelout719
8/5/2010 11:53am
stewart said no to the nat's, so yet again we should say no to sending him. my opinion.

how gnarly and awesome would it be for short to be able to race in his backyard at the des Nats?!

Canard
Dungey
Short
cjmx
Fantasy
1179th
8/5/2010 11:55am
Short has earned a place on this years team.
bobby397
8/5/2010 11:58am
peelout719 wrote:
stewart said no to the nat's, so yet again we should say no to sending him. my opinion. how gnarly and awesome would it be for...
stewart said no to the nat's, so yet again we should say no to sending him. my opinion.

how gnarly and awesome would it be for short to be able to race in his backyard at the des Nats?!

Canard
Dungey
Short
i agree, its like saying if RV came back at pala and beat RD both motos we should send RV instead .... it wouldnt be right.....
txrider44
8/5/2010 12:02pm
peelout719 wrote:
stewart said no to the nat's, so yet again we should say no to sending him. my opinion. how gnarly and awesome would it be for...

Canard
Dungey
Short
Was Stewart supposed to race the nat's this year with a broken wrist?
peelout719
8/5/2010 12:05pm
txrider44 wrote:
Was Stewart supposed to race the nat's this year with a broken wrist?
shit. my bad. totally forgot that his contract was a supercross AND nationals contract.

oh wait.
prozach
8/5/2010 12:16pm Edited Date/Time 8/5/2010 12:20pm
3 reasons Stewart should be selected:

1st.) He is racing 1/3 of the series after coming back from injury. There is no doubt that he is faster than Short. It is all tactics. Stewart is the only man fast enough to give up the number one starting spot both his motos to the other teammates and still come through the pack for a win. If Canard Dungey or Short get bad starts they will work up but likely not to the front.

2nd.) Stewart is a lock for the mx3 win on Sat, Short is not. MXDN comes down to the starts. Stewart's speed gives team USA the best chance to qualify number 1 which is a huge advantage. Not so much for the first gate pick, but the second one.

3rd.) Team USA should always go to win and should always send the proven best team. The French will be strong and while we can probably win with Short, Stewart makes winning that much easier.

Hell a good 4th also.) Sending Stewart takes pressure off of Canard and Dungey having to win. We all know team USA already has the most pressure and that less pressure usually equals more speed and fewer mistakes. Sending Short puts more pressure on Dungey and especially Canard to perform.
OldTiddler
8/5/2010 12:42pm
It's all good. USA has the most consistent top finishers right now in Dungey, Short and Canard. Plus the fastest guy available anywhere. And if that weren't enough, the best and most successful MXdN team manager of all time.

Barring injury, it isn't possible to not pick the best team.
jasonv43
8/5/2010 1:10pm
David Izer wrote:
PICKERINGTON, Ohio -- The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) is pleased to report that American motocross fans will find out more about AMA Team USA for the...
PICKERINGTON, Ohio -- The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) is pleased to report that American motocross fans will find out more about AMA Team USA for the 2010 RedBull FIM Motocross of Nations at the Rockstar Energy Unadilla National, round 9 of the Lucas Oil AMA Pro Racing Motocross Championships on Saturday, Aug. 14.

"We have some exciting plans for this year's roster for the Motocross of Nations," said AMA Director of Racing Joe Bromley. "The Motocross of Nations represents the pinnacle of international motocross competition, and we're looking forward to fielding a team of riders that is sharp, prepared and dedicated to keeping the United States on top at this prestigious event. Unadilla, one of America's true classic motocross facilities, is perfectly suited for making this announcement."

More details about the exact time and location for the announcement will be available at Unadilla on the day of the national.

For 2010, the RedBull FIM Motocross of Nations returns to U.S. soil. It will run Sept. 25-26 at Thunder Valley in Lakewood, Colo. Tickets are available at RedBullMXON.com/tickets.html.

The FIM Motocross of Nations is one of the most high-profile motorsports races in the world. It features teams competing by nationality for a combined score to determine the overall championship-winning team. The event emerged in post-war Europe in 1947 and has run uninterrupted since that time. The United States is the all-time leader in FIM Motocross of Nations overall victories with 20. Great Britain is second with 16.

The United States is the reigning champion of the FIM Motocross of Nations, winning over Italy and Belgium in 2009 in Franciacorta, Italy.
Is this the first time that there has been an announcement about an announcement?

1. Exciting plans for this year's roster?
2. More details about the exact time and location for the announcement will be available at Unadilla?

What does it all mean???
prozach
8/5/2010 7:15pm
David Izer wrote:
PICKERINGTON, Ohio -- The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) is pleased to report that American motocross fans will find out more about AMA Team USA for the...

jasonv43 wrote:
Is this the first time that there has been an announcement about an announcement? 1. Exciting plans for this year's roster? 2. More details about the...
Is this the first time that there has been an announcement about an announcement?

1. Exciting plans for this year's roster?
2. More details about the exact time and location for the announcement will be available at Unadilla?

What does it all mean???
It means wait until Unadilla, then most like wait one more week.
urbanlift707
8/5/2010 8:04pm
spd721 wrote:
Racer X posted that it will be anounced at Unadilla. I personally hope that James isn't on the list. He hasn't done anything to deserve to...

Not trying to take anything away from short, but I imo you "deserve" to and "earn" the right to ride for your country by being the fastest on a dirt cycle. I like both riders, but I really just want USA to beat the piss out of everyone else.
8/5/2010 8:04pm
RACEGUY wrote:
What it all means is, the AMA has announced that they will be making an announcement about an upcoming announcement. For a really good read, go...
What it all means is, the AMA has announced that they will be making an announcement about an upcoming announcement.

For a really good read, go here.

http://www.pulpmx.com/stories/des-nations-decision
Thanks. That was a good read.

From Dirt Rider's Interview:
PP: A lot of people want to know about Motocross of Nations. Where do you stand on that?

JS: I think Dungey should probably be the MX1 guy and Trey Canard or Jake Weimer maybe should be MX2, and then I think the MX3 class... If I go [out] there and I win races I'd like to have that spot, but if I don't then I think we should give it up to Andrew Short.
kongols
8/5/2010 10:02pm
mumbles wrote:
I agree totally on Dungey, Short, and Canard. They are by far the ones who should go. Stewart even if he comes back for the remaining...
I agree totally on Dungey, Short, and Canard. They are by far the ones who should go. Stewart even if he comes back for the remaining four races and wins, he shouldn't be picked. He signed a SX only contract so the outdoors must not have been that important to him. Short hasn't gone and he has been our most consistent rider outdoors for the last three years. And besides its in Colorado so how could you not let Short go.
Remember last year- Stewart was enemy of the state when he said to pick the guy who deserves it. Guess the guy can do no right.
crf250pilot
8/6/2010 2:56am
My choice would be Stewart, Dungey, Canard or Dungey, Grant, Canard. I will be bummed if Stewart doesn't go.
Robgvx
8/6/2010 5:49am
Corrected press release:

PICKERINGTON, Ohio -- The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) is pleased to report that American motocross fans will find out more about AMA Team USA for the 2010 RedBull FIM Motocross of Nations at the Rockstar Energy Unadilla National, round 9 of the Lucas Oil AMA Pro Racing Motocross Championships on Saturday, Aug. 14, after everyone has had a chance to see whether Bubba still hauls.

"We have some exciting plans for this year's roster for the Motocross of Nations," said AMA Director of Racing Joe Bromley. "The Motocross of Nations represents the pinnacle of international motocross competition, and we're looking forward to fielding a team of riders that is sharp, prepared and dedicated to keeping the United States on top at this prestigious event. However, our top dog has been sat on the couch for so long we daren't pick him until we can see whether he sucks or not. Unadilla, one of America's true classic motocross facilities, is perfectly suited for making this announcement as it's right in the middle of contract negotiations and that's why Bubba's chosen to see if can remember how to ride."

spd721
8/6/2010 7:18am Edited Date/Time 8/6/2010 8:29am
Short deserves to be on the team in my opinion over James. He's the most consistent guy out there. Just remember, in 2008, if it wasn't for Ferry, USA would have lost it because of James crashing.
spd721
8/6/2010 7:18am Edited Date/Time 8/6/2010 8:29am
Double post
eb313
8/6/2010 7:34am
How is Stewart "a lock" for the MX3 win? have you forgotten his last go at the MXdN, 2008 Ferry carried the load in the last moto. I am not saying he can't do it, he is one of the best (before the injury) but there is no sure thing.
The team should be the best we have to offer...........that have been putting in the laps. Would Stewart have raced the outdoors if it was'nt for the injury? Doubtful but no one really knows. I think if you don't race outdoors, you haven't earned the right to go to the MXdN.
Dungey
Short
Canard
They are all solid and deserve the right to represent the USA, they WILL do whatever it takes to take the overall.
Fuzion
8/6/2010 7:44am
Short will Holeshot MXdN!

he's solid, deserves the pick!!!!
Fuzion
8/6/2010 7:44am
Short will Holeshot MXdN!

he's solid, deserves the pick!!!!
robkinuk
8/6/2010 8:10am
Robgvx wrote:
Corrected press release: PICKERINGTON, Ohio -- The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) is pleased to report that American motocross fans will find out more about AMA Team...
Corrected press release:

PICKERINGTON, Ohio -- The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) is pleased to report that American motocross fans will find out more about AMA Team USA for the 2010 RedBull FIM Motocross of Nations at the Rockstar Energy Unadilla National, round 9 of the Lucas Oil AMA Pro Racing Motocross Championships on Saturday, Aug. 14, after everyone has had a chance to see whether Bubba still hauls.

"We have some exciting plans for this year's roster for the Motocross of Nations," said AMA Director of Racing Joe Bromley. "The Motocross of Nations represents the pinnacle of international motocross competition, and we're looking forward to fielding a team of riders that is sharp, prepared and dedicated to keeping the United States on top at this prestigious event. However, our top dog has been sat on the couch for so long we daren't pick him until we can see whether he sucks or not. Unadilla, one of America's true classic motocross facilities, is perfectly suited for making this announcement as it's right in the middle of contract negotiations and that's why Bubba's chosen to see if can remember how to ride."

So they seem like they are going to base Team USA soley on how JS finishes his moto's at Unadilla?
I say send Shorty, he's earned it. Will probably holeshot like nationals but homestate crowd should be able to spur him onto good finishes!
grover738
8/6/2010 8:38am
prozach wrote:
3 reasons Stewart should be selected: 1st.) He is racing 1/3 of the series after coming back from injury. There is no doubt that he is...

1st.) He is racing 1/3 of the series after coming back from injury. There is no doubt that he is faster than Short. It is all tactics. Stewart is the only man fast enough to give up the number one starting spot both his motos to the other teammates and still come through the pack for a win. If Canard Dungey or Short get bad starts they will work up but likely not to the front.

2nd.) Stewart is a lock for the mx3 win on Sat, Short is not. MXDN comes down to the starts. Stewart's speed gives team USA the best chance to qualify number 1 which is a huge advantage. Not so much for the first gate pick, but the second one.

3rd.) Team USA should always go to win and should always send the proven best team. The French will be strong and while we can probably win with Short, Stewart makes winning that much easier.

Hell a good 4th also.) Sending Stewart takes pressure off of Canard and Dungey having to win. We all know team USA already has the most pressure and that less pressure usually equals more speed and fewer mistakes. Sending Short puts more pressure on Dungey and especially Canard to perform.
This deserves a good point by point takedown.

1) Wrong. He wouldn't have raced the whole series even if he was healthy, he signed a SX only contract. And Dungey and Short can come back through the pack for a win from the 2nd starting spot. If Ferry can get to 3rd from the second starting spot, Short and Dungey can get there too. Dungey could get a bad start and easily get back to top 3 - there is no fade in that guy, and remember this race is at 6,000 ft.

2) Wrong. Nobody is a lock. Look at Caroli last year in the last moto. Stewart crashes more than Short. Starts are obviously important, and Short has become a holeshot artist , you have to figure he's more likely to pull the holeshot than Stewart. And don't forget the US won it last year after qualifying 6th. RDC doesn't put much weight in qualifying first - I could see it in how conservatively the riders rode last year in qualifying. RDC tells them to just qualify. And the 2nd gate? Does it really matter if you've got the 20th gate pick instead of the 21st?

3) Right, but you don't win the MXoN by having 3 blazing fast riders - you win it by not having 2 bad motos. If Short ran 10 MXoN motos, I'd bet his finishes would be 3-4-3-5-4-2-3-4-6-3. I'd guess Stewart's would be 1-1-18-2-1-DNF-1-1-DNF-1. All it would take is one bad moto out of RD or Canard, combine it with a bad moto from Stewart, and you're listening to the French national anthem. That is the reason guys like Ferry and IT were on the team - neither was blazing fast, but neither was going to DNF.

4) See #3 above. You don't have to win motos to win the MXoN. And pressure? Are we still having that discussion about Dungey? Really? How about the pressure the last two motos after Stewart gets a DNF? Not saying he would, but he's more likely than Short. You really think Dungey and Canard would be out there thinking "Man, I have to ride on the very edge since Short is so slow"? I'd say it's more likely for them to think "Man, I cannot crash just in case James has a DNF"

They're announcing the team at Unadilla - that has got to mean that it is Dungey, Canard, and Short - the right choices.

8/6/2010 9:01am
RACEGUY wrote:
What it all means is, the AMA has announced that they will be making an announcement about an upcoming announcement. For a really good read, go...
What it all means is, the AMA has announced that they will be making an announcement about an upcoming announcement.

For a really good read, go here.

http://www.pulpmx.com/stories/des-nations-decision
Thanks. That was a good read. From Dirt Rider's Interview: PP: A lot of people want to know about Motocross of Nations. Where do you stand...
Thanks. That was a good read.

From Dirt Rider's Interview:
PP: A lot of people want to know about Motocross of Nations. Where do you stand on that?

JS: I think Dungey should probably be the MX1 guy and Trey Canard or Jake Weimer maybe should be MX2, and then I think the MX3 class... If I go [out] there and I win races I'd like to have that spot, but if I don't then I think we should give it up to Andrew Short.
That was cool by JS7..
prozach
8/6/2010 10:30am
prozach wrote:
3 reasons Stewart should be selected: 1st.) He is racing 1/3 of the series after coming back from injury. There is no doubt that he is...

grover738 wrote:
This deserves a good point by point takedown. 1) Wrong. He wouldn't have raced the whole series even if he was healthy, he signed a SX...
This deserves a good point by point takedown.

1) Wrong. He wouldn't have raced the whole series even if he was healthy, he signed a SX only contract. And Dungey and Short can come back through the pack for a win from the 2nd starting spot. If Ferry can get to 3rd from the second starting spot, Short and Dungey can get there too. Dungey could get a bad start and easily get back to top 3 - there is no fade in that guy, and remember this race is at 6,000 ft.

2) Wrong. Nobody is a lock. Look at Caroli last year in the last moto. Stewart crashes more than Short. Starts are obviously important, and Short has become a holeshot artist , you have to figure he's more likely to pull the holeshot than Stewart. And don't forget the US won it last year after qualifying 6th. RDC doesn't put much weight in qualifying first - I could see it in how conservatively the riders rode last year in qualifying. RDC tells them to just qualify. And the 2nd gate? Does it really matter if you've got the 20th gate pick instead of the 21st?

3) Right, but you don't win the MXoN by having 3 blazing fast riders - you win it by not having 2 bad motos. If Short ran 10 MXoN motos, I'd bet his finishes would be 3-4-3-5-4-2-3-4-6-3. I'd guess Stewart's would be 1-1-18-2-1-DNF-1-1-DNF-1. All it would take is one bad moto out of RD or Canard, combine it with a bad moto from Stewart, and you're listening to the French national anthem. That is the reason guys like Ferry and IT were on the team - neither was blazing fast, but neither was going to DNF.

4) See #3 above. You don't have to win motos to win the MXoN. And pressure? Are we still having that discussion about Dungey? Really? How about the pressure the last two motos after Stewart gets a DNF? Not saying he would, but he's more likely than Short. You really think Dungey and Canard would be out there thinking "Man, I have to ride on the very edge since Short is so slow"? I'd say it's more likely for them to think "Man, I cannot crash just in case James has a DNF"

They're announcing the team at Unadilla - that has got to mean that it is Dungey, Canard, and Short - the right choices.

Really? Stewart went 24-0 the last year he raced outdoors. Short has never even won an overall this year. He had one bad moto where he couldn't restart his bike and that makes Short better and Stewart a liability? If Stewart hadn't won the first moto Ferry's score wouldn't have even mattered.

Stewart is as consistent as they come, 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1. I would take that over Short's 2-8ths on a consistent basis any day.

I like Short and if Stewart wasn't healthy and ready to ride than I would support him going fully. But no matter what you try to tell yourself he is not a better choice than Stewart and never will be. You say Short is more consistent but you have to realize he has more finishes outside the top 5 this year outdoors than Stewart has had in multiple seasons and just as many DNFs.

And yes having a superstar on the team like Stewart takes pressure off of the others. Anyone can see why that is. Look at any professional sport. Role players almost always perform better when they aren't expected to carry the team and just relax and do what they do.
eb313
8/6/2010 10:50am
prozach, the sweep of the outdoor season was a monumental event no doubt but not the first time it has been done. No matter what YOU tell yourself, Stewart may be fast but he hasn't earned the spot this year. Had he not signed a supercross only contract (and been out for most of the outdoors) I would have said that he should be there. How do you know he is healthy and ready to ride, because he is going to race Unidilla? I'm not saying he isn't but neither of us knows for sure, he thought he was ready to come back after taking himself out in SX this year and we all saw how that turned out. Just live with the fact that he really shouldn't be there this year no matter how fast he may be, it is just the truth and everyone else sees that.

Post a reply to: MXdN

The Latest