MXGP reality check

Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
Edited Date/Time 4/3/2014 11:39pm
Every year starts and we hear about how deep the MXGP class is. This guy that or that guy this and the Euro King AC already has a 30 point lead after 3 rounds which is exactly how I predicted it would happen. Brazil was another clinic he let 21 and 25 know that this is my series you guys are just gate filler. I say number 8 comes two to three races before the season is up. Who here thinks anyone in the class can challenge AC for more than a weekend?
|
agn5009
3/31/2014 7:22am
No one is beating AC for the championship. There's no one else in that series who's consistent enough. AC takes top 3 every week and the other guys will win one week and take 5-10 the next.
ATKpilot99
3/31/2014 7:40am
Some do overstate the depth of the gps but Cairoli is also one of those rare talents on the level of Everts, RC, RV etc. He's that good.
Xeno
3/31/2014 7:51am
Someday there will be a combined MXGP and AMA National.

And the Internet will simultaneously implode and explode!
BWRAAP
3/31/2014 8:03am
Look how easy he makes these passes.. and how quick he plugs away from Desalle after just a few turns.. Not a fan, but you can't deny he is one of the worlds greatest..

The Shop

Motodave15
3/31/2014 8:07am
The video game has made me interested in global practice championship now.. they need more depth over there lol
jamma10
3/31/2014 8:25am
Last year Cairoli finished 1-1 five times from seventeen GPs.
3-1
1-1
1-2
1-1
4-1
3-1
1-1
2-1
4-2
1-1
2-1
1-1
2-1
4-7
1-2
1-DNF
4-1

Last year RV went 1-1 seven times from twelve Nationals:
1-1
1-1
1-4
1-1
2-1
4-1
1-1
2-1
6-4
1-1
1-1
1-1
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
3/31/2014 8:49am
jamma10 wrote:
Last year Cairoli finished 1-1 five times from seventeen GPs. 3-1 1-1 1-2 1-1 4-1 3-1 1-1 2-1 4-2 1-1 2-1 1-1 2-1 4-7 1-2 1-DNF...
Last year Cairoli finished 1-1 five times from seventeen GPs.
3-1
1-1
1-2
1-1
4-1
3-1
1-1
2-1
4-2
1-1
2-1
1-1
2-1
4-7
1-2
1-DNF
4-1

Last year RV went 1-1 seven times from twelve Nationals:
1-1
1-1
1-4
1-1
2-1
4-1
1-1
2-1
6-4
1-1
1-1
1-1
Of those 5 1-1's he very easily should have had 2 more 1-1's if not for bike problems. I have said before I would love to see AC have another double moto DNF's like 2012 so he has to actually ride to his potential more and just dominate like he did after his no points race, I believe he only lost 1 moto for the rest of that year. I would not be surprised at all if AC already goes into podium mode at the next race of the year, he knows this title is his and everyone is already mentally beat. RV can still be run down when he is at 100% by a couple guys although it is a very rare occurrence, that said I don't see anyone running down a 100% AC in Europe.
3/31/2014 9:09am
As above; the gap between AC and the rest of the GP field is about the same (arguably less) than the gap between RV and his respective field. Neither is likely to find themselves getting chased down when 100%....
jamma10
3/31/2014 9:22am
I think if AC is going to get beaten anywhere it will be by Paulin or Frossard in Bulgaria or France.

When people mention depth in the series (and I know some people do like to make a regular point of it) I don't think they necessarily mean GP winners, but more the general level of competition of the top 10-12 when it includes a healthy De Dycker and Searle, Riders on the cusp of the top 12 in the GPs such as Mattis Karro or Xavier Boog are also quite underrated. It is a pretty strong field. But just like RV in America AC is a notch above everyone else.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
3/31/2014 9:23am
As above; the gap between AC and the rest of the GP field is about the same (arguably less) than the gap between RV and his...
As above; the gap between AC and the rest of the GP field is about the same (arguably less) than the gap between RV and his respective field. Neither is likely to find themselves getting chased down when 100%....
RD and a Healthy James can run RV's pace more often than GP and CD running AC's but AC will just tone it down to run their pace and protect his points lead whereas RV keeps the hammer down throughout the season.
jamma10
3/31/2014 9:27am Edited Date/Time 3/31/2014 9:28am
actually forget that.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
3/31/2014 9:31am
jamma10 wrote:
I think if AC is going to get beaten anywhere it will be by Paulin or Frossard in Bulgaria or France. When people mention depth in...
I think if AC is going to get beaten anywhere it will be by Paulin or Frossard in Bulgaria or France.

When people mention depth in the series (and I know some people do like to make a regular point of it) I don't think they necessarily mean GP winners, but more the general level of competition of the top 10-12 when it includes a healthy De Dycker and Searle, Riders on the cusp of the top 12 in the GPs such as Mattis Karro or Xavier Boog are also quite underrated. It is a pretty strong field. But just like RV in America AC is a notch above everyone else.
With everyone healthy the AMA definitely has more depth but MX starts at the end of SX which always always takes a lot of top guys out before MX even starts which I think usually leads to the MXGP class having more depth. A MX season with a healthy RV,RD,JS,KR,ET,CR,JB,TC,DM,MA,WP,AS,JB,WH,etc would be ridiculous so ridiculous in fact that it never happens Sad which is why I think the depth of the MXGP's is a little deeper.
JBlain619
3/31/2014 9:36am
I watched the 2nd motos yesterday and it looked like 222 was toying with Desalle and Paulin. After he passed Desalle, he was 4 sec back of Paulin and immediately ran him down, passed him, and pulled out to a 2 sec lead in a lap and a half. 222 is a baddass!!! I hope this is the year that we actually get to see 222 and RV go head to head off the start together!
jamma10
3/31/2014 9:46am
This years Nationals should be immense, there's no doubt about that!
hillbilly
3/31/2014 9:56am
I posted before,those guys cruz after the start,look at yesterday,

One rider came thru,tooling along ,looked like a lapper,and the booth guys say "there is soandso holding down 7th"

And the gaps were huge.No way 222 comes here and wins,he aint used to running wfo for 30min.
jamma10
3/31/2014 10:03am
hillbilly wrote:
I posted before,those guys cruz after the start,look at yesterday, One rider came thru,tooling along ,looked like a lapper,and the booth guys say "there is soandso...

One rider came thru,tooling along ,looked like a lapper,and the booth guys say "there is soandso holding down 7th"

And the gaps were huge.No way 222 comes here and wins,he aint used to running wfo for 30min.
I don't think you take the track surfaces into consideration, it was wet and slippery in Brazil.

Few GP tracks have nice, loamy dirt which American riders have become accustomed to riding flat out.
3/31/2014 11:27am
I am sure AC would do very well in the US.
More so if it was a winter schedule, he has sills.

Maybe if he still has the desire after 11 Titles and 102 Wins he might ponder over.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
3/31/2014 12:00pm
I love watching Cairoli ride. The guy is a cat. Haven't watched the second motos yet, but he was landing that uphill jump into the corner so softly, and then so patiently turning under guys and heading off to that off-camber. And he's usually pretty patient to take what's there if he's not on. His racecraft is excellent.

It's hard to see how any of the other guys have a title chance over the entire series regardless of whether they pull a win back now and then.
Holigan
3/31/2014 12:05pm Edited Date/Time 3/31/2014 12:07pm
The reality is that there are no champions racing with him. RV has to race with multiple 250 SX, MX and GP Champions, and multiple 450 SX and MX Champions. 222 is extremely fast and deserves every win and championship, but the field is not as deep as the guys he races with have not won any 250 or 450 championships. He was almost going to race a 250 champion this year, but they changed the rules.
3/31/2014 12:28pm
jamma10 wrote:
This years Nationals should be immense, there's no doubt about that!
Plus there is CP377 ! Smile

I told numerous times that euros, australians, south africans or new zealanders coming to america are a big asset in term of global exposure. Hey, outside the US is what, only 55% of the dirt bike market ?
3/31/2014 2:53pm
I am ashamed to say that i turned the tv off as soon as Cairoli took the lead in the 2nd moto, and will most likely stop watching at all shortly!
I had the same problem with the sx as soon as RV didnt have to win for the championship.
MX2 was good racing though, felt sorry for Covington , looked like he was doing well till an off.

I just want to see bar banging and exchanging places for the entire race and then a total unkown come from the back and take the win (preferably on a 2 smoker)
PressPassP
3/31/2014 3:24pm
There will be certain times this season than he'll be beaten fair and square,IMO,as has been the case every year,Paulin took an epic win from him last year in Italy when the slugged it out

Desalle and de Dycker usually seem to get the better of him too when their type of track clicks,but it usually ends up the same pattern for AC obviously,same as RV in the Nationals,but there'll be some who'll pinch a win there too no doubt,can't wait for GH Smile

Van Horbeek looks extremely impressive,he's going to be a genuine contender at the rate he's going too
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
3/31/2014 3:25pm
Holigan wrote:
The reality is that there are no champions racing with him. RV has to race with multiple 250 SX, MX and GP Champions, and multiple 450...
The reality is that there are no champions racing with him. RV has to race with multiple 250 SX, MX and GP Champions, and multiple 450 SX and MX Champions. 222 is extremely fast and deserves every win and championship, but the field is not as deep as the guys he races with have not won any 250 or 450 championships. He was almost going to race a 250 champion this year, but they changed the rules.
Are field is deep in A1, by the nationals we usually are missing some if not most of the fast guys, hopefully this year is different. AC is racing the 08 MXGP champ he absolutely dominated CP377 more so than he ever was in the AMA. Its hard to race other 450 champs when you have won it every year that you have been in it. 5 in a row, plus as a bonus he spots his competitors some extra cc.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
3/31/2014 3:30pm
hillbilly wrote:
I posted before,those guys cruz after the start,look at yesterday, One rider came thru,tooling along ,looked like a lapper,and the booth guys say "there is soandso...

You would have to be a pretty dim bulb to think that a guy who has won 7 World titles and 65 wins, both growing by the by could not win a race in the US.

Extra credit- Who was the last rider to win 4 straight motos over two years at the MXdN other than AC222 of course?
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
3/31/2014 5:35pm
I love watching Cairoli ride. The guy is a cat. Haven't watched the second motos yet, but he was landing that uphill jump into the corner...
I love watching Cairoli ride. The guy is a cat. Haven't watched the second motos yet, but he was landing that uphill jump into the corner so softly, and then so patiently turning under guys and heading off to that off-camber. And he's usually pretty patient to take what's there if he's not on. His racecraft is excellent.

It's hard to see how any of the other guys have a title chance over the entire series regardless of whether they pull a win back now and then.
This
hillbilly
3/31/2014 6:45pm
hillbilly wrote:

Park Boys wrote:
You would have to be a pretty dim bulb to think that a guy who has won 7 World titles and 65 wins, both growing by...
You would have to be a pretty dim bulb to think that a guy who has won 7 World titles and 65 wins, both growing by the by could not win a race in the US.

Extra credit- Who was the last rider to win 4 straight motos over two years at the MXdN other than AC222 of course?
If he thought he could win here he would be here,a racer is always wanting to race the best to prove to himself.

Look how many won titles,left ,and came here to start the climb .

He would get his ass handed to him,be lucky t o make top 5 his 1st yr,

But,we will never know,cuz he won't come here,ever wonder why? Don't say money,he has money
jamma10
4/1/2014 2:44am
hillbilly wrote:

Park Boys wrote:
You would have to be a pretty dim bulb to think that a guy who has won 7 World titles and 65 wins, both growing by...

hillbilly wrote:
If he thought he could win here he would be here,a racer is always wanting to race the best to prove to himself. Look how many...
If he thought he could win here he would be here,a racer is always wanting to race the best to prove to himself.

Look how many won titles,left ,and came here to start the climb .

He would get his ass handed to him,be lucky t o make top 5 his 1st yr,

But,we will never know,cuz he won't come here,ever wonder why? Don't say money,he has money
The final point standing for the 2013 AMA Outdoor National Motocross series lists Clement Desalle in 20th position. He only raced two Nationals all season. If the points he scored at Lakewood and Tennesse were indicative of how he would fair over the entire series he would have finished the season 4th overall.

But you say that Antonio Cairoli - who beats Desalle week in, week out - would be lucky to make top five in America?
Woobia 22
4/1/2014 3:06am
I wonder if RV is gunna race the GP's when he retires in 18 months time as I thought he has mentioned this a couple of times.

He has plenty of money already so why doesn't he Challenge himself now and go race AC, oh thats right he has a contract to race ama.
AC probably has a contract as well so sounds similar. Bonuses for both would be nice as well.

So what is the exact score in MXON between these 2 champs, and shame Geoff is not here to give an update on Jeffrey.
2smokRRR
4/1/2014 3:32am
As above; the gap between AC and the rest of the GP field is about the same (arguably less) than the gap between RV and his...
your a retard...

Post a reply to: MXGP reality check

The Latest