Let's see/review those 2019 kx450s

RGaede
10/26/2018 7:50pm
Got my muffler back today from PC. Welded the mid pipe on as well and rubber mounted. I’m going to beef up the subframe as well...
Got my muffler back today from PC. Welded the mid pipe on as well and rubber mounted. I’m going to beef up the subframe as well. I have a T6 slip on that has 1 hour on it I’m going to send back and have retro fitted with the rubber mount and I will be selling it if anyone is interested.

Interested in that slip on, what are you asking for it?
dancolvin633
Fantasy
2255th
10/26/2018 10:48pm
Got my muffler back today from PC. Welded the mid pipe on as well and rubber mounted. I’m going to beef up the subframe as well...
Got my muffler back today from PC. Welded the mid pipe on as well and rubber mounted. I’m going to beef up the subframe as well. I have a T6 slip on that has 1 hour on it I’m going to send back and have retro fitted with the rubber mount and I will be selling it if anyone is interested.

DB97 wrote:
Do you have the full clutch or just cover? I want to buy either full hinson or rekluse not sure yet.
Just the cover. I will prolly do a Hinson basket Eventually. I’m really easy on clutches and have never had an issue with slippage or wear to be honest the last 6 years on Kawis.
dancolvin633
Fantasy
2255th
10/26/2018 10:53pm

RGaede wrote:
Interested in that slip on, what are you asking for it?
$380
datkin128
10/27/2018 11:05am

How does it sound and perform compared to stock?

The Shop

Nystrom7
10/27/2018 11:47am
Those subframes. Checked mine now and the tab is welded om both sides. Should be strong enough. The ones that broke how were they welded?
Ill attack some crappy pics.

DB97
10/27/2018 12:23pm
Nystrom7 wrote:
Those subframes. Checked mine now and the tab is welded om both sides. Should be strong enough. The ones that broke how were they welded? Ill...
Those subframes. Checked mine now and the tab is welded om both sides. Should be strong enough. The ones that broke how were they welded?

It doesn't break at the weld it snaps halfway down the bracket.
Nystrom7
10/27/2018 12:31pm
Nystrom7 wrote:
Those subframes. Checked mine now and the tab is welded om both sides. Should be strong enough. The ones that broke how were they welded? Ill...

DB97 wrote:
It doesn't break at the weld it snaps halfway down the bracket.
Oh i ser, bit that seems more like a bad casting of those brackets or maybe just a batch of them? How common is this? Is it a handfull or alot of broken brackets?
DB97
10/27/2018 12:36pm
Nystrom7 wrote:
Oh i ser, bit that seems more like a bad casting of those brackets or maybe just a batch of them? How common is this? Is...
Oh i ser, bit that seems more like a bad casting of those brackets or maybe just a batch of them? How common is this? Is it a handfull or alot of broken brackets?
I've only seen the one on here but there's a lot more apparently. It's not a big problem with the stock exhaust only heard Nick Wey broke one.
Nystrom7
10/27/2018 12:46pm Edited Date/Time 10/27/2018 12:47pm
Nystrom7 wrote:
Oh i ser, bit that seems more like a bad casting of those brackets or maybe just a batch of them? How common is this? Is...
DB97 wrote:
I've only seen the one on here but there's a lot more apparently. It's not a big problem with the stock exhaust only heard Nick Wey...
I've only seen the one on here but there's a lot more apparently. It's not a big problem with the stock exhaust only heard Nick Wey broke one.
I would like a slip on but not of it brake the subframe.but with the updates like welded midpipe and rubber mount a lighter muffler would put less stress on the bracket i guess?
dancolvin633
Fantasy
2255th
10/27/2018 1:35pm

datkin128 wrote:
How does it sound and perform compared to stock?
Sounds great. It gave the bike Tons more low and mid range power and torque.
datkin128
10/27/2018 4:01pm
So not too loud? I love the quiet note of the stocker.
DB97
10/27/2018 4:17pm
datkin128 wrote:
It's quite a bit louder but has a deep throaty sound. Definately can tell a power difference after using the stock until I got it back.
dancolvin633
Fantasy
2255th
10/27/2018 4:40pm Edited Date/Time 10/27/2018 4:41pm
datkin128 wrote:
Like DB97 said it’s louder then stock, but has a nice bark and tone to it. I wouldn’t say it’s too loud or anything.

The slip on gave it a lot more bottom end and mid range. Didn’t help the top end so much.

The full system wast better everywhere and have the bike some more over rev. I’d say if you want more low to mid the slip on is the way to go, and if you want more mid to top the full system would be better. That’s just my experience with the 2 of them on the 2019. I used the green coupler with both.
RGaede
10/27/2018 7:30pm
datkin128 wrote:
Like DB97 said it’s louder then stock, but has a nice bark and tone to it. I wouldn’t say it’s too loud or anything. The slip...
Like DB97 said it’s louder then stock, but has a nice bark and tone to it. I wouldn’t say it’s too loud or anything.

The slip on gave it a lot more bottom end and mid range. Didn’t help the top end so much.

The full system wast better everywhere and have the bike some more over rev. I’d say if you want more low to mid the slip on is the way to go, and if you want more mid to top the full system would be better. That’s just my experience with the 2 of them on the 2019. I used the green coupler with both.
You definatly confirmed that i want the slip on, I'm still trying to sell the one from my 16, once i do i may be able to pick that pipe up from you if it hasn't sold
10/27/2018 9:33pm
So i picked up a 19, my first new bike...

Maybe a noob question, but what's the deal with tearing it down and greasing it. Seems to be conflicting opinions on this site, some say it desperately needs it, others say the manufacturers know what they're doing and adding grease will just attract more dirt. What parts will need greased, just the steering stem, and swingarm/linkage?
dancolvin633
Fantasy
2255th
10/27/2018 10:20pm
999 wrote:
So i picked up a 19, my first new bike... Maybe a noob question, but what's the deal with tearing it down and greasing it. Seems...

Maybe a noob question, but what's the deal with tearing it down and greasing it. Seems to be conflicting opinions on this site, some say it desperately needs it, others say the manufacturers know what they're doing and adding grease will just attract more dirt. What parts will need greased, just the steering stem, and swingarm/linkage?
Steering stem, linkage, axles, and swingarm were bone dry on my 19. They need to be done.....
10/27/2018 10:22pm
999 wrote:
So i picked up a 19, my first new bike... Maybe a noob question, but what's the deal with tearing it down and greasing it. Seems...

Steering stem, linkage, axles, and swingarm were bone dry on my 19. They need to be done.....
Same definitely need to be done!
Click588
10/28/2018 6:42am
So I posted pictures awhile back of where mine broke. Kawasaki took care of my subframe and I now have the new one . It took around 5 weeks to get it. Pro circuit covered the exhaust that was trashed. Glad both company’s stand behind and took care of the issue. I love the bike . Have about 13 hours on mine now and it’s just all around a great bike. I am not very hard on clutches but sometimes I feel it slipping when I first get on the track. Has anyone done anything with clutches yet? I know keefer had a solution for the clutch . But has anyone Tryed it? Thanks guys

Greenguy
10/28/2018 7:03am
What did Kawi do to improve it? Can you post a pic of the new subframe?
slipdog
10/28/2018 7:08am
Greenguy wrote:
Best mod you can do is unscrew the gas cap and slide a CRF 450 under it.
Hammer 663s
10/29/2018 1:44pm
999 wrote:

I do the wheel bearings too, and also lube the throttle tube and cable. I go over the whole thing with a torque wrench - especially keep an eye on the spokes for the first few rides. They will loosen.

Mike
40acres
10/29/2018 1:46pm
I do the wheel bearings too, and also lube the throttle tube and cable. I go over the whole thing with a torque wrench - especially...
I do the wheel bearings too, and also lube the throttle tube and cable. I go over the whole thing with a torque wrench - especially keep an eye on the spokes for the first few rides. They will loosen.

Mike
You lube sealed wheel bearings?
Hammer 663s
10/29/2018 2:19pm Edited Date/Time 10/29/2018 2:21pm
I do the wheel bearings too, and also lube the throttle tube and cable. I go over the whole thing with a torque wrench - especially...

Mike
40acres wrote:
You lube sealed wheel bearings?
You don't live in the PNW do ya? Try riding Woodland or Riverdale this time of year. Volcanic sand tracks, lots of rain. You lube everything here in the Fall and at least once during the winter or rotating things get really crunchy, really quickly.

Calling them sealed is a bit of a stretch. Yank the bearing out, then 30 seconds with an exacto knife to pop the seal off, brake cleaner and some rags, air gun, and repack them. Put the seals back in and install them. Pack lube in the gap between the bearing and the dust seal too. An hour a wheel, tops.Good for the winter, or a couple years in drier climates.

Just did my boys 2 new KX85 and 100s this Spring. Several wheel bearings were almost dry. Headset was dry, and linkage didn't have much. Axles bone dry.

Mike
Duncster316
Fantasy
1795th
10/29/2018 4:49pm
For you FMF fans - added this slip-on today. FYI FMF is providing an S bracket that bolts on between the top muffler mount and the seat bolt.
Greenguy
10/29/2018 5:08pm
Greenguy wrote:
slipdog wrote:
You must have hung out with Goofy too much at Disneyland
slipdog
10/29/2018 7:16pm
Greenguy wrote:
slipdog wrote:
Greenguy wrote:
You must have hung out with Goofy too much at Disneyland
I did eat breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen on Wednesday Laughing
davidgrip
10/30/2018 11:34am
Picked up my new Weapon on Sat. Thanks CC Powersports. Racing is hard enough. Cockpit setup: Renthal 966/Soft Half Waffle/Pro Circuit Throttle Tube/Acerbis X-Force Handguards. 1st box of parts arrived today.
Need a New bike contact MATT@CCPOWERSPORTS.COM. All Brands.

David
774 CC Powersports Kawasaki
Factory Backing
Factory Seat
Acerbis
Dunlop
MX Engine Stands
Matrix Concepts
JohnnyD13
10/30/2018 7:03pm
Greenguy wrote:
slipdog wrote:
Can you provide any real insight into why the Honda is better? I have an 18 Honda and I bought a 19 kx after 3 laps on it. I am a vet A rider. Just wanted to try and get to the bottom of what I’m feeling. I really don’t want a kx.
Duncster316
Fantasy
1795th
11/1/2018 9:27am Edited Date/Time 11/1/2018 10:00am
Here is a pic of the steel S bracket that FMF is including now. Thoughts? This should relive a bunch of stress from the subframe mount I would think?
11/1/2018 9:36am
Here is a pic of the steel S bracket that FMF is including now. Thoughts? This should relive a bunch of stress from the subframe mount...
Here is a pic of the steel S bracket that FMF is including now. Thoughts? This should relive a bunch of stress from the subframe mount I would think?
Do you know if this can be purchased separate?

Post a reply to: Let's see/review those 2019 kx450s

The Latest