JT Racing done again?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/5/2019 7:47 AM

Looks like they might have went out of business again, website no longer there and Fakebook not updated in quite awhile. Too bad and if true RIP once again JT Racing!!Photo

|

5/5/2019 8:10 AM

Damn. Was hoping they could hang on, noticed on their site awhile back a bunch of their products were listed as "coming soon". But, then again I haven't seen much of their products at the races in the last year or so...... Hopefully they are just regrouping their efforts.

|

5/5/2019 9:01 AM

John Gregory should sell the planes to Buckwheat and get the band back together again!

|

“Men, we are surrounded by the enemy. We have the greatest opportunity ever presented an army. We can attack in any direction.”
― General Anthony McAuliffe, 101st Airborne, while addressing troops at Bastogne during the Battle
of the Bulge.

5/5/2019 9:02 AM

The gear they had a few years ago that Alessi wore looked awful

|

5/5/2019 9:07 AM

Wish they made thier new stuff to look like the old stuff and thing's might have been different...been collecting a few oldscool jt bit's n bob's recently....

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

5/5/2019 9:07 AM

Yah i loved that stuff in the 80s..My old man bought me Jt gear for my 1987 High school graduation. Wish i still had it..Hope they get it together

|

Don't be a Pussy...

5/5/2019 12:29 PM

I agree that in every new release that they should of had some type of throwback type gear to go along with their new designs, but they didnt do that and it kinda lost appeal to me over the last couple of years. Be nice if they weren't going under, hopefully they will be back or sell to somebody with a desire to continue it and make it a MX/MTB gear line once again in JT Racing style.

|

5/5/2019 12:37 PM

Wow... Wore a lot of JT gear back in the 80s....gloves, chest protector. JT is an icon....

|

(The preceding post by Indian Dunes 4ever is heavily laced with Cognitive Bias)

5/5/2019 1:14 PM

Wore JT from Fall 82 until the end of my run. John and Rita were good to us, got to see all the cool stuff come down the blvd. V500, V1000, V2000, Front vented pants, all vented pants, GSX-1, K-belt, Camo, Bad Bones, K9, Confetti, Cyborg..... Jesus those two came up with a ton of stuff! Can't remember the title of the chest protector that was short in front, long in back? The V3000 was shoulder only if I remember correctly. Of all the JT goodies we had, I never wore an ALS. If it didn't say Bell, my Dad refused to let me wear it. My brother even had some all white pants that were non-vented, that had blue lettering "Kawasaki" down each leg that were not even for sale to the general public. They were from a batch made for Georges Jobe, and a few pair were leaked out. Betcha a beer he still has them, this was in 85, my brothers final year of racing. Anyone remember the "clear" helmet visors they offered in early 1980, or the mechanics jumpsuit? Or how about the Tennis shoes with velcro closures? Suspenders? Headbands? Leg Gators? the original "Mud Glove"? The short lived Pink era of late 84, early 85? So much fun, so far gone.....
One last one....."Super Hannah"?......

|

5/5/2019 2:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/5/2019 2:46 PM

Bummer! I wore JT back in 1980 when I was racing minibikes. Then I starting running at age 50 out of nostaliga, with the new stuff, which was pretty good except for the gloves (funny how JT was always pretty much like that with the poor gloves)

|

5/5/2019 3:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/5/2019 3:03 PM

Red Crawford wrote:

John Gregory should sell the planes to Buckwheat and get the band back together again!

You'd be shocked how many on here don't know who "Buckwheat" is! God I'm old......

|

5/5/2019 5:10 PM

Bummer -some of their stuff as cool and it was well priced-here’s some of my old school stuff
Photo
Photo
Photo
and

|

5/5/2019 5:26 PM

rmxfreak wrote:

Bummer -some of their stuff as cool and it was well priced-here’s some of my old school stuff
Photo
Photo
Photo
and

That chest protector....see my avatar pic.... smile

|

(The preceding post by Indian Dunes 4ever is heavily laced with Cognitive Bias)

5/5/2019 5:54 PM

Red Crawford wrote:

There's one Buckwheat wouldn't want.

|

5/5/2019 6:07 PM

smezmx wrote:

Wish they made thier new stuff to look like the old stuff and thing's might have been different...been collecting a few oldscool jt bit's n bob's recently....

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

Shwing....

|

5/5/2019 7:22 PM

John Gregory has been a bit busy climbing out of trees. I don't think buckwheat would want his plane now...

John cracks me up, he didn't have engine failure, but rather "the prop stopped turning"

He didn't have a scratch on him. ( a little brusing from the shoulder harness)
Set the plane down on the tree top in the daylight. Got out his spot and sent out a sos. Then called his wife on the cell to tell her he would be late for dinner. Didn't get him out of the plane until 2am... Photo

|

5/5/2019 8:05 PM

Oh my lord, I had so much of the gear pictured in this thread as a kid. Loved JT, favorite brand hands down. Had the cool helmets too, but when RJ signed with them, I started convincing my parents to buy his Bell replicas. So much nostalgia. Age 15 here, early 1990. Mandatory mullet barely flappin in the wind there too.

Photo

|

5/5/2019 8:20 PM

Not really surprised they are gone again. I never really understood the point of bringing back such an iconic brand only to ignore its history. Sure they brought some stars out for the initial roll out but five minutes after that the designs went funky. No classic designs, no traditional colors, nothing really to tie them into their history.

Missed opportunity

|

5/5/2019 8:31 PM

Paul333 wrote:

Not really surprised they are gone again. I never really understood the point of bringing back such an iconic brand only to ignore its history. Sure they brought some stars out for the initial roll out but five minutes after that the designs went funky. No classic designs, no traditional colors, nothing really to tie them into their history.

Missed opportunity

Totally agree, they should have stuck with retro gear.

|

5/5/2019 8:32 PM

JT was supercool back in the day but nostalgia doesn’t buy much gear sadly.

Their new designs were pretty solid but didn’t capture the younger generation.

|

5/5/2019 8:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/5/2019 8:36 PM

One of the guys in my group of riding buddies had a set of JT gear. Let’s just say if someone asked if I knew the guy I said no, lol. It was AWFUL. When someone finally told him to buy new gear, he goes and buys the TLD polka dot stuff from a year or two ago. His taste in gear was questionable to say the least.

|

5/6/2019 12:46 AM

They should have invested in a better designer. But that's not necessarily enough, they also had no vision for building the brand... the first release completely relied on nostalgia, and after that the designs were just terrible.

|

5/6/2019 8:29 PM

craigathan404 wrote:

One of the guys in my group of riding buddies had a set of JT gear. Let’s just say if someone asked if I knew the guy I said no, lol. It was AWFUL. When someone finally told him to buy new gear, he goes and buys the TLD polka dot stuff from a year or two ago. His taste in gear was questionable to say the least.

Lol honestly would you wear that polkadot stuff if you got for free?
Its terrible

|

5/6/2019 8:51 PM

Ramrod wrote:

JT was supercool back in the day but nostalgia doesn’t buy much gear sadly.

Their new designs were pretty solid but didn’t capture the younger generation.

Yep, if they sold tight fitting spandex.

|

5/6/2019 9:46 PM

sad to see them go, not surprised though. the field is saturated with companies right now and JT never seemed to catch on

|

"If you feel in control, you're not going fast enough" ~Mario Andretti

5/7/2019 8:28 AM

Bummer.. I picked up a couple sets for this season and I like the fit and durability so far. I was thinking of getting more.

Photo

|

Name withheld... Esquire

5/7/2019 8:42 AM

Steve125 wrote:

Bummer.. I picked up a couple sets for this season and I like the fit and durability so far. I was thinking of getting more.

Photo

I just noticed that Chain Reaction Cycles has some of their stuff on their site really marked down. I think they may be in the UK? If so, it may cost way too much to ship here. It's at least worth a look though if you wanted to get some additional stuff. Good luck!

|

5/7/2019 9:13 AM

I've been wearing JT gear for the past few years (see my profile pic). Good stuff...and always cheap. I hope its still around.

|

5/7/2019 9:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/7/2019 9:25 AM

dadofagun wrote:

I just noticed that Chain Reaction Cycles has some of their stuff on their site really marked down. I think they may be in the UK? If so, it may cost way too much to ship here. It's at least worth a look though if you wanted to get some additional stuff. Good luck!

About 4 years ago they had a ton of the 2012 stuff (everything) leftover at dirt cheap prices.....i wish i'd have gone over there and bought it all now in hindsight.....but all i bought was this helmet new for £90....i got some other bones stuff from them about a year ago too...all put away for a rainy day now....

Photo Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

Photo
Photo
Photo

|

5/7/2019 9:59 AM

smezmx wrote:

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

I have looked for an open face to use with my trials bike and there is NOTHING on the market that looks remotely as good as a JT ALS 1 from the 80s. I seriously wish those were still available.

|