Is the spectating any good at Fox Raceway?...

B Lenny
Edited Date/Time 5/27/2021 4:51pm
Thoughts?...Huh
|
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
5/26/2021 1:22pm
Mr. Info wrote:
The best
Do you just stare at Vital all day waiting for a Pala thread to pop up so you can make a snarky comment? Get a life man.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
5/26/2021 1:35pm
It's pretty good, but the best area with any elevation is gobbled up by the Fox hospitality area. I understand that they are the title sponsor for the whole track, but the reality is that the rest of the track is a compromise. If you want to see most of the track, go to the far southeast corner and set up camp. It's about the farthest spot away from the starting gate you can get, but it still has some elevation and you can see 90% of the track. Plus, it's close enough that you get roosted. Cool

I usually walk all day at a national, looking for different views.

The Shop

Johnny Depp
5/26/2021 1:43pm
In town but I don’t have anyone else going. Is there anything worth seeing on Friday, or the tickets said Sunday?
xrmark
5/26/2021 1:44pm
You can see the whole track from a few spots. This is where I sat last year and it wasn’t bad. I move around a lot though at the races and don’t really like to sit in one spot. This one of the best tracks for viewing id say
B Lenny
5/26/2021 2:10pm
Falcon wrote:
It's pretty good, but the best area with any elevation is gobbled up by the Fox hospitality area. I understand that they are the title sponsor...
It's pretty good, but the best area with any elevation is gobbled up by the Fox hospitality area. I understand that they are the title sponsor for the whole track, but the reality is that the rest of the track is a compromise. If you want to see most of the track, go to the far southeast corner and set up camp. It's about the farthest spot away from the starting gate you can get, but it still has some elevation and you can see 90% of the track. Plus, it's close enough that you get roosted. Cool

Thank you...
B Lenny
5/26/2021 2:10pm
xrmark wrote:
You can see the whole track from a few spots. This is where I sat last year and it wasn’t bad. I move around a lot...
You can see the whole track from a few spots. This is where I sat last year and it wasn’t bad. I move around a lot though at the races and don’t really like to sit in one spot. This one of the best tracks for viewing id say
Thank you..
brocster
5/26/2021 2:18pm
xrmark wrote:
You can see the whole track from a few spots. This is where I sat last year and it wasn’t bad. I move around a lot...
These guys have said it. Anywhere on “The hill” has a good view of the whole track albeit lengthwise. Under and around the Fox VIP area they have terraced off the hill to provide different levels for viewing without the person in fron being in the way. Last couple I walked a lot and was able to get good spots throughout the day.

You gonna be out there Lenny? I’ll keep an eye out for you to say hello.
B Lenny
5/26/2021 2:37pm
xrmark wrote:
brocster wrote:
These guys have said it. Anywhere on “The hill” has a good view of the whole track albeit lengthwise. Under and around the Fox VIP area...
These guys have said it. Anywhere on “The hill” has a good view of the whole track albeit lengthwise. Under and around the Fox VIP area they have terraced off the hill to provide different levels for viewing without the person in fron being in the way. Last couple I walked a lot and was able to get good spots throughout the day.

You gonna be out there Lenny? I’ll keep an eye out for you to say hello.
Undecided..Had to put a slave cylinder in the truck today and it's in the transmission so I'm pissed...Angry
NITRODOG
Fantasy
1417th
5/26/2021 3:10pm
Pack light and move around to different viewing areas.......
sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
5/26/2021 4:10pm
Falcon wrote:
It's pretty good, but the best area with any elevation is gobbled up by the Fox hospitality area. I understand that they are the title sponsor...

Plus you’ll be far enough away from the speakers that maybe you’ll be able to hear the bikes and actually talk to the person 6” away from you. The speakers last year were overwhelming, I wouldn’t set up anywhere near one.
skeef
Fantasy
1407th
5/26/2021 4:32pm
I would say it's a solid place to watch the big dogs eat
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
5/26/2021 4:37pm
Yes. Third year going, they do a great job.
Any tips on when to get there to avoid traffic? Was thinking around 8am at the gate....is that good?
hubbardmx50
5/26/2021 4:49pm
KennyT wrote:
Any tips on when to get there to avoid traffic? Was thinking around 8am at the gate....is that good?
Not sure. I’m camping at the track. Sorry.
hubbardmx50
5/26/2021 4:58pm
The entrance for fan camping is different from the main entrance right?
Mr. Info
5/26/2021 5:03pm
Grape am I wrong. No. There are lots of great places to watch at Pala. Don't know what your problem is.
DJBobbyD
5/26/2021 6:27pm
On the AMA MX series site it states no outside coolers....wonder if you can bring in food and bottled water? What about folding chairs and EZ UP? It’s been a while since I’ve been to an outdoor race so I’m getting excited about attending FOX Raceway this weekend!
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
5/26/2021 6:45pm Edited Date/Time 5/26/2021 6:46pm
DJBobbyD wrote:
On the AMA MX series site it states no outside coolers....wonder if you can bring in food and bottled water? What about folding chairs and EZ...
On the AMA MX series site it states no outside coolers....wonder if you can bring in food and bottled water? What about folding chairs and EZ UP? It’s been a while since I’ve been to an outdoor race so I’m getting excited about attending FOX Raceway this weekend!
I was told by Fox raceway absolutely no coolers. Backpacks n chair are okay according to the guy I emailed. I’m gonna use some ice packs/water n the pack. They said they’ll be checking for alcohol only. I guess guns and drugs are okay 👍
5/26/2021 6:45pm
DJBobbyD wrote:
On the AMA MX series site it states no outside coolers....wonder if you can bring in food and bottled water? What about folding chairs and EZ...
We were walking around with our own beer all day in 2019 and nobody messed with us. DV even snapped a pic of us.

OB415
5/27/2021 10:02am
What’s your experience with the traffic getting in the morning of? How much extra time should I tack on? Don’t want to miss any racing!
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
5/27/2021 1:18pm
Falcon wrote:

sumdood wrote:
Plus you’ll be far enough away from the speakers that maybe you’ll be able to hear the bikes and actually talk to the person 6” away...
Plus you’ll be far enough away from the speakers that maybe you’ll be able to hear the bikes and actually talk to the person 6” away from you. The speakers last year were overwhelming, I wouldn’t set up anywhere near one.
Dudes on Mt. Palomar heard the music, that's for sure.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
5/27/2021 1:20pm
OB415 wrote:
What’s your experience with the traffic getting in the morning of? How much extra time should I tack on? Don’t want to miss any racing!
Get there way early -10AM- and scope out the best spots, plus you get to watch practices, etc.

Are they doing the 125cc races again this year?
5/27/2021 4:50pm
Falcon wrote:
Get there way early -10AM- and scope out the best spots, plus you get to watch practices, etc. Are they doing the 125cc races again this...
Get there way early -10AM- and scope out the best spots, plus you get to watch practices, etc.

Are they doing the 125cc races again this year?
No 125s

Post a reply to: Is the spectating any good at Fox Raceway?...

The Latest