Is Ralph okay?

nickm
6/22/2020 7:48pm
The production needs help for sure and they need to realize that appealing to the lowest common denominator isn't a growth strategy. What I'd recommend is sit the entire production crew in a room with toothpicks in their eyes watching the coverage for every MotoGP race in the last 5 years. Then, copy everything they do in that show.
mike117
6/22/2020 7:50pm
Well, at least it's been awhile since Ralph has used the phrase "pounding the backside" to describe a rider closing in on the rider ahead of him... that one really had me shaking my head (and laughing). Does he not hear himself when he speaks?
PBRvince
Fantasy
2055th
6/22/2020 11:41pm
Emig and Ricky with a special guest of MC every now and then would be nice..axe Daniel Blair too..
6/23/2020 1:15am
Here’s sexton coming inside him!!

I swear you couldn’t even make this shit up

The Shop

MudPup545
6/23/2020 1:56am
Serious question, Does Weege want the job? Has anyone ever approached him about it? Maybe he’s too busy and doesn’t want the gig. I do think he’d be great at it though.
FIREfish148
6/23/2020 2:13am
He obviously has some deep inside ties to the broadcasting industry. The way that Emig and RC heed to him is pretty telling. It just annoys me when he tells stories about individual riders then can't remember who they are later. It just seems really inauthentic. If my retarded ass can tell who the riders are with or without their numbers on their bike then someone in his position should be able to pick them out in a racing situation.

I've watched him announce in other settings and found him to be great, maybe I just know too much about Moto and need to get a life.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4408th
6/23/2020 2:48am
Not to take anything away from his enormous and frequent gaffes. They *ARE* whoppers. But I'll bet being "socially-distant" from the director, production crew and everyone else who would normally cue him probably doesn't help him keep up with on-track action in a sport he apparently actually knows very little about..
6/23/2020 3:32am
nickm wrote:
The production needs help for sure and they need to realize that appealing to the lowest common denominator isn't a growth strategy. What I'd recommend is...
The production needs help for sure and they need to realize that appealing to the lowest common denominator isn't a growth strategy. What I'd recommend is sit the entire production crew in a room with toothpicks in their eyes watching the coverage for every MotoGP race in the last 5 years. Then, copy everything they do in that show.
Can I be the one who sticks the tooth picks in their eyes?
6/23/2020 3:35am
My favorite RC comeback was when Ralph tried to take him down about having to put up with RC for 27 days but he got through it OK and RC replies "well speak for yourself!"
Alex.434
6/23/2020 11:48am Edited Date/Time 6/23/2020 11:48am
Not to take anything away from his enormous and frequent gaffes. They *ARE* whoppers. But I'll bet being "socially-distant" from the director, production crew and everyone...
Not to take anything away from his enormous and frequent gaffes. They *ARE* whoppers. But I'll bet being "socially-distant" from the director, production crew and everyone else who would normally cue him probably doesn't help him keep up with on-track action in a sport he apparently actually knows very little about..
I made some pretty long posts a few weeks ago about how broadcast production works. You can find them here on page 3: https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Ricky-and-Ralph-Objectiv…

Ricky isn't going anywhere as he's a Monster guy and the GOAT. Plus IMO I think he's done just fine as the colour guy. "Emig and Ricky" defer to Ralph on-air because Ralph's the Show Host and also the Play x Play guy. Ralph's 'roles' take precedence on a broadcast.
6/26/2020 2:52pm
ACBraap wrote:
I assume it is about as effective as complaining on online forums or changing ones profile pic on FB or IG to support various causes. So...
I assume it is about as effective as complaining on online forums or changing ones profile pic on FB or IG to support various causes. So no. (and the post was 99% sarcasm).
My favorite part of these threads pointing out Ralph's many, many glaring flaws is the inevitable moment when someone complains about people complaining.
Huevos
6/26/2020 3:48pm
I know Ralph has worked as a commentator for a few other motor sports over the years, but with the broadcasting rights being shifted from Speed to Fox Sports 1 to now NBC I'm not sure if Ralph has other obligations to fulfill besides SX anymore.

It would be nice to have someone else running the show, though. Perhaps someone with a name similar to Mason Blaigant.
booze45
6/27/2020 3:11pm
Dirtydeeds wrote:
I’ll take the Canadian moto announcers over Ralph. Those guys are on point. Hooooolesssssssssshhhhheeeeoooottttt
I've been saying this for years! Get fired up about the racing for God's sake these guys are going at it and the Canadian announcers capture the energy of the race and translate it to the fans. Their analysis of the race, the Rockstar girls, the battles, etc. are all on point and add a huge amount of entertainment to the races, the exact opposite of Ralph who can take the most exciting battle and take away from it because of his complete nonsense analysis. The excuse for Ralph being a complete moron year after year is that they're dumbing it down to "attract new viewers" but I promise you new viewers want to be entertained by the announcers, not talked to like they're too stupid to see what is plainly happening on the screen. Ralph take's away from the broadcast massively, get him outta there and either have Steve and JT or the Canadian announcers take over where they're giving the fans insight literally the entire race. You can clearly hear Ralph run out of anything insightful at all to say over the course of a race while Steve and JT could literally never run out of relevant insightful information that would add to every viewers entertainment, from the casual fan to the completely tuned in fan.
6/27/2020 4:24pm
I feel like Daniel Blair would be better if he would put 100% into moto. If he thinks he’s headed to the NFL, he’s going to be very disappointed. He’s awesome for what he does, but he’s a little white dude who used to race dirt bikes. You pretty much have to have major name recognition with mainstream sports, be a minority, a hot chick, or all of the above to have a shot.
RM Mike
6/27/2020 4:55pm
II think they get paid by the word.

Lucifa.
6/28/2020 1:54am
Someone should contact Feld.
BikeGuy321
6/28/2020 3:04am
I feel like Daniel Blair would be better if he would put 100% into moto. If he thinks he’s headed to the NFL, he’s going to...
I feel like Daniel Blair would be better if he would put 100% into moto. If he thinks he’s headed to the NFL, he’s going to be very disappointed. He’s awesome for what he does, but he’s a little white dude who used to race dirt bikes. You pretty much have to have major name recognition with mainstream sports, be a minority, a hot chick, or all of the above to have a shot.
Daniel Blair and Jason Weigant would be the best possible announcers from the current pool of Talent, IMO. D.B. seems a little arrogant at times, but his delivery is on point and he doesn't pander to the non existent "new viewer" 24/7 like Ralph. RC isn't very insightful for a 10x champ, and Grant Langston is better than Fro, but he rambles too much sometimes.
6/28/2020 9:49am
One more anecdote about the girlfriends, or the house the riders are renting and im gonna jump off the roof.
155hk
6/29/2020 6:37am Edited Date/Time 6/29/2020 6:39am
RC has been stepping up his game, love when he goes inside the riders head and gives insight since he use to be in same spot in his career. He knows how to build up a battle that is brewing.. Ralph is going in the complete opposite direction.

When Ralph wasn't in for a couple SX races earlier in the year and that one guy filled in for him, I was absolutely loving it. RC also came alive more which just shows that Ralph is also holding other people back.

I like Ralph as a person, and appreciate his love for motorsports. But he is ruining SX for many people.

Every other sport like F1, Indy, MXGP, MotoGP, Nationals, World Cup Downhill MTB, even Nascar. All have professional commentators that don't act like 95% of the audience is new, they all talk like we know the sport.
kb228
6/29/2020 6:43am
MudPup545 wrote:
Serious question, Does Weege want the job? Has anyone ever approached him about it? Maybe he’s too busy and doesn’t want the gig. I do think...
Serious question, Does Weege want the job? Has anyone ever approached him about it? Maybe he’s too busy and doesn’t want the gig. I do think he’d be great at it though.
Yes weege is available and wants the job.
Skip Intro
6/29/2020 9:05am
Everything I post disappears. This thread is fuked up from the start. The administration here is transparently bias regarding many things.
Ralph is a successful human that is better than most st his chosen profession. ST F up
RG1
6/29/2020 9:50am
Skip Intro wrote:
Everything I post disappears. This thread is fuked up from the start. The administration here is transparently bias regarding many things. Ralph is a successful human...
Everything I post disappears. This thread is fuked up from the start. The administration here is transparently bias regarding many things.
Ralph is a successful human that is better than most st his chosen profession. ST F up
Better than most of the general public? Maybe. Better than most sports commentators? Absolutely not. I’ve had to mute the TV on numerous occasions because of how clueless and cringeworthy he is
155hk
6/29/2020 10:52am
Skip Intro wrote:
Everything I post disappears. This thread is fuked up from the start. The administration here is transparently bias regarding many things. Ralph is a successful human...
Is Skip okay?
Goon126
6/29/2020 12:26pm
Skip Intro wrote:
155hk wrote:
Is Skip okay?
He took a bullet for Ralph.

Post a reply to: Is Ralph okay?

The Latest