I need friends *round 2*

Related:
Create New Tag

4/11/2018 8:23 PM

So this morning I got an offer for a summer internship with SpaceX in Hawthorne, CA. I will be moving to LA for the summer and needs some people to ride with. I know some of the big tracks I need to hit that are too far (Glen Helen, Pala, Zaca Station, Milestone, etc). Anyone in the area that would like someone to ride with? I’m packing up May 11th when my Co-op ends with Toyota and heading west. Any tracks I should hit on the way? I’m from West Virginia, so I ride a lot of east coast tracks never riding anything west of Ohio.

Here is a picture of my trusty steed that I will be bringing with me!

|

4/11/2018 8:28 PM

I can't offer much help since I'm from Canada but congrats on the SpaceX gig.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

4/11/2018 8:33 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I can't offer much help since I'm from Canada but congrats on the SpaceX gig.

Thanks!

|

4/11/2018 8:33 PM

I ride milestone mx , often alone on a 2018 450 Honda and I welcome training partners that are serious.

|

4/11/2018 8:39 PM

I know of a Honda technician who just moved from their race shop to Space X.

|

4/11/2018 8:41 PM

Winter86 wrote:

I ride milestone mx , often alone on a 2018 450 Honda and I welcome training partners that are serious.

Sounds like what I’m looking for, shoot me a PM and we’ll make a plan to go rip as soon as I get out there!

|

4/11/2018 8:41 PM

I assume you will be taking I-70 most of the way. Might as well stop at Lakewood before you go over the Rockies, its literally 2 minutes off of the freeway.

If you feel like riding some wicked badlands, ping me when you get to Grand Junction, Colorado. I just moved over here, and although that aren't any public tracks, the riding is endless. And if you're into it, you can pop over to Moab and/or Caineville from there, basically on the way to California, just not on I-70.

Btw....if anyone in or around Junktown is reading this, ping me. I need some riding buddies as well, moto and mtb.

|

4/11/2018 8:44 PM

GuyB wrote:

Do you know specifically what group he works at within SpaceX? I’ll be working in Manufacturing, specifically in Machining.

|

4/11/2018 8:45 PM

Congrats on the job, I know a guy who works at the Long Beach location.
I ride LACR, Zaca, Milestone, Cal City, I-5, Racetown mostly. Can introduce you to some guys that come from your area. Feel free to hit me up when you get here. ~ Shaun
Langhammx@sbcglobal.net

|

4/11/2018 8:46 PM

stone881 wrote:

I assume you will be taking I-70 most of the way. Might as well stop at Lakewood before you go over the Rockies, its literally 2 minutes off of the freeway.

If you feel like riding some wicked badlands, ping me when you get to Grand Junction, Colorado. I just moved over here, and although that aren't any public tracks, the riding is endless. And if you're into it, you can pop over to Moab and/or Caineville from there, basically on the way to California, just not on I-70.

Btw....if anyone in or around Junktown is reading this, ping me. I need some riding buddies as well, moto and mtb.

Will definitely take you up on that. I’m down for some free riding, I’d also like to take my Jeep to Moab, even though I won’t be able to hit any of the crazy rocks would still be worth the stop.

|

4/11/2018 8:50 PM

langhammx wrote:

Congrats on the job, I know a guy who works at the Long Beach location.
I ride LACR, Zaca, Milestone, Cal City, I-5, Racetown mostly. Can introduce you to some guys that come from your area. Feel free to hit me up when you get here. ~ Shaun
Langhammx@sbcglobal.net

Awesome! I’ll have to look into LACR, Cal City, 1-5 and Racetown! We’ll be in touch.

|

4/11/2018 9:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/11/2018 9:06 PM

Plenty of us ride Pala, Cahuilla, Perris, Milestone, Glen Helen regularly here.

Feel free to message me when you're in the area.

I have an old high school buddy that works at SpaceX in Hawthorne.

|

4/11/2018 9:08 PM

theycallmeebryan wrote:

Plenty of us ride Pala, Cahuilla, Perris, Milestone, Glen Helen regularly here.

Feel free to message me when you're in the area.

I have an old high school buddy that works at SpaceX in Hawthorne.

What hours are some of these tracks open? I’d almost guarantee I can only ride on the weekends, but who knows. Hopefully we’ll get to go ride together in a month or so.

|

4/11/2018 9:13 PM

I'd say you should hit up PiruMx when you get here instead of I-5mx in Gorman but I think I heard or read on here that Piru was closed down again?

|

4/11/2018 11:06 PM

Millerrr973 wrote:

What hours are some of these tracks open? I’d almost guarantee I can only ride on the weekends, but who knows. Hopefully we’ll get to go ride together in a month or so.

I'm only a weekend rider as well, unless i'm sick mid week

All tracks are pretty much open 8-9 until dusk. Perris and Milestone have night riding in addition. Cahuilla is typically 9-3 Wed/Sat/Sun. Pala is Friday-Tuesday open practice. Glen Helen is typically Thursday open practice and weekend practice if there isnt a race going on.

You're going to love it out here man. I moved from the northeast in 2015 and its been moto heaven here.

|

4/11/2018 11:16 PM

Wait until you have to deal with traffic, taxes, registration fees, etc. I lived there most my life. I'm old now.

|

4/12/2018 4:43 AM

Lightning78 wrote:

I'd say you should hit up PiruMx when you get here instead of I-5mx in Gorman but I think I heard or read on here that Piru was closed down again?

I’ll have to look into that. I’ve never heard of PiruMx. Thanks for the suggestion.

|

4/12/2018 4:47 AM

theycallmeebryan wrote:

I'm only a weekend rider as well, unless i'm sick mid week

All tracks are pretty much open 8-9 until dusk. Perris and Milestone have night riding in addition. Cahuilla is typically 9-3 Wed/Sat/Sun. Pala is Friday-Tuesday open practice. Glen Helen is typically Thursday open practice and weekend practice if there isnt a race going on.

You're going to love it out here man. I moved from the northeast in 2015 and its been moto heaven here.

That’s why when given the opportunity to basically test drive SoCal out for the summer, I couldn’t turn it down. Some amazing places to ride and beautiful weather. I’ve only been able to ride every other weekend here because of the shitty weather, looking forward to heading west. We’ll definitely get together mid May!

|

4/12/2018 4:50 AM

Cancerman wrote:

Wait until you have to deal with traffic, taxes, registration fees, etc. I lived there most my life. I'm old now.

When I look on google maps and it takes 4 hours to get to glen Helen because of traffic, it’s a little depressing. But the only national track close to me that actually practices is budds creek, and it’s about a 5 hour drive. Beggers can’t be choosers!

As for Taxes and cost of living, as of right now it’s temporary, but who knows I may want to stay if the juice is worth the squeeze. Lol

|

4/12/2018 4:53 AM

GuyB wrote:

Millerrr973 wrote:

Do you know specifically what group he works at within SpaceX? I’ll be working in Manufacturing, specifically in Machining.

Good deal man, I have a buddy of mine who works in the welding division that moved out there in December.

|

4/12/2018 6:00 AM

ehr400 wrote:

Good deal man, I have a buddy of mine who works in the welding division that moved out there in December.

Does your buddy ride? I’m excited to see some Moto guys at SpaceX.

|

4/12/2018 6:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/12/2018 6:01 AM

Congrats on the internship! I rode most of the same tracks as Langham. Shoot me an email and we’ll do some riding! Yamiryder2h@gmail.com

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

4/12/2018 7:01 AM

stone881 wrote:

Millerrr973 wrote:

Will definitely take you up on that. I’m down for some free riding, I’d also like to take my Jeep to Moab, even though I won’t be able to hit any of the crazy rocks would still be worth the stop.

Sounds like a plan. At the very least you should do Lionsback, its a very cool experience and easy on the rig, aside from the very first pitch to get onto the rock.

|

4/12/2018 7:08 AM

Congrats on the internship with SpaceX. I don't live in the area so I'm not much help in that way. If you get bored I do occasionally hop onto various mx games on PC and PS4 to play online. I'd welcome someone to race against if you play.

|

4/12/2018 7:16 AM

tprice07 wrote:

Congrats on the internship with SpaceX. I don't live in the area so I'm not much help in that way. If you get bored I do occasionally hop onto various mx games on PC and PS4 to play online. I'd welcome someone to race against if you play.

Thanks, I don’t have my PS4 where I’m staying at during my Co-op now, but I’ll defintely have to take it with me this summer.

|

4/12/2018 9:11 AM

tprice07 wrote:

Millerrr973 wrote:

Thanks, I don’t have my PS4 where I’m staying at during my Co-op now, but I’ll defintely have to take it with me this summer.

Once you're all set-up look for the Vital MX group in the communities tab on the PS4 if you haven't done so already.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

4/12/2018 10:12 AM

My brother in law Nick works in the tooling department there. I live a few minutes from milestone but i will ride anywhere around here hit me up. I try to ride once a week.

|

4/12/2018 10:25 AM

Moved out here about a year ago. Living the moto dream amongst other things. Rode most of the Socal tracks atleast once and hit Milestone and Pala quite often. Low and behold 6 months in found myself broken, nothing crazy but bizzar accident. Hope to make it back on a bike, so maybe I’ll see you around. You are gonna love it here albeit there is a price to pay for the “spoils” as others have mentioned.

|

4/12/2018 10:28 AM

i might be down for a rip in Moab/GreenRiver bro. be worth a stop on the way to the West Coast

|

4/12/2018 10:29 AM

Congrats on the opportunity.
A friend of mine moved out there 2 years ago.
He forgot his pants and jerseys. Rode in jeans and a long sleeve tye dye shirt for a little while. He was doing beard competitions too. I imagine it was funny at Glen Helen and Milestone to see a huge 20 inch beard hanging out of a moto helmet attached to tye dye and jeans. I'm sure you can meet some of the best and craziest people at the track. I know I have.

|