Dungey has passed Tomac zero times

gnarwhip
That's all that really needs to be said about the 2017 supercross season.
|
BobPA
4/3/2017 8:14pm
Some of the worst bait I have ever seen....
4/3/2017 8:37pm
Stats like these are why I believe Tomac deserves this title, would be a real bummer to see him come this far and not get it done.

The Shop

seth505
Fantasy
1271st
4/3/2017 8:50pm
WGAF. The winner is who has the most points at the end of the series. It's a simple concept of addition.
MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
4/3/2017 9:03pm Edited Date/Time 4/3/2017 9:03pm
Could give you 22 reasons why he didn't pass Tomac in St Louis
4/3/2017 9:07pm
MX Guy wrote:
How many reasons can you give for why he hadn't passed ELIte in the six prior races that ET3 won?
KirkChandler
Fantasy
278th
4/3/2017 9:47pm
Except at Anaheim 1. When he did. or Dallas. Or Indy when they passed back and forth on the first lap.

Tomac has only passed Dungey at Oakland, Indy, and St Louis.
gnarwhip
4/3/2017 9:56pm
Except at Anaheim 1. When he did. or Dallas. Or Indy when they passed back and forth on the first lap. Tomac has only passed Dungey...
Except at Anaheim 1. When he did. or Dallas. Or Indy when they passed back and forth on the first lap.

At Dallas, Tomac had a mechanical failure. At A1 Roczen schooled everyone. Here's one for you; Tomac has 7 wins. Dungey has 2 wins.
KirkChandler
Fantasy
278th
4/3/2017 10:04pm
gnarwhip wrote:
At Dallas, Tomac had a mechanical failure. At A1 Roczen schooled everyone. Here's one for you; Tomac has 7 wins. Dungey has 2 wins.
I know the scoreboard.

But Dungey has passed Tomac this season. Whether Kenny smoked them both or not.

It'll be an interesting last 4 races, and if Dungey can hold Tomac off in points, I'm sure people will still say Tomac should have won since he was faster in more races.

Crush
4/3/2017 10:19pm Edited Date/Time 4/3/2017 10:29pm
I know the scoreboard. But Dungey has passed Tomac this season. Whether Kenny smoked them both or not. It'll be an interesting last 4 races, and...
I know the scoreboard.

But Dungey has passed Tomac this season. Whether Kenny smoked them both or not.

It'll be an interesting last 4 races, and if Dungey can hold Tomac off in points, I'm sure people will still say Tomac should have won since he was faster in more races.

At this point, only Damon has won more races and lost the title, with 9. Eli's on 8. Stanton won maybe 3 that year? So it's likely going to be a record breaker if Eli doesn't get it.

I'd say Eli probably wins out on the soft dirt and maybe Dungey gets one at Vegas in a too little too late last ditch effort...

NB: I think Reed won 8 to RC's 7 in 03 and for lowest wins Fro won 5 in 97, Oshow 5 in 84, Bailey 3 in 83, Ward 1 in 85...
Flip109
4/4/2017 4:55am
Dungey is just lucky Marvin laid up and let him go all night. That look Tomac was giving him in the post race press conference when he was lying about why he fell back off the pace. Priceless. LaughingLaughing

tempura
4/4/2017 5:01am
Flip109 wrote:
Dungey is just lucky Marvin laid up and let him go all night. That look Tomac was giving him in the post race press conference when...
Dungey is just lucky Marvin laid up and let him go all night. That look Tomac was giving him in the post race press conference when he was lying about why he fell back off the pace. Priceless. LaughingLaughing

While Dungey nervously touches his face..lol
MR. X
4/4/2017 5:08am
tempura wrote:
While Dungey nervously touches his face..lol
He was probably wishing he was outside ripping Chad's earings out and pulling his hair.
bradnelson
4/4/2017 5:10am Edited Date/Time 4/4/2017 5:11am
Saturday night was the first time ANYONE has started closing on Tomac...... since what ? Round 4 ?
Flip109
4/4/2017 5:12am
MR. X wrote:
He was probably wishing he was outside ripping Chad's earings out and pulling his hair.
LaughingLaughingLaughing
reynardfan1
Fantasy
3676th
4/4/2017 5:44am Edited Date/Time 4/4/2017 5:45am
Nobody passed Stewart for about the first 7 years of his career...what's the point? Doesn't always lead to titles...

And actually that's not true...they start side by side so every time he beat him, he passed him...
mx_phreek
Fantasy
210th
4/4/2017 5:53am
Lets be honest about this, Chad made no difference to the end result of the race. Sure he cost the fans a little hope of a good race but thats it, it made no difference. The gap dropped to 1.6 at one point as they was going through lappers, and had gone back up to 1.9 when Dungey caught Chad. Then Dungey followed Chad for 3 laps, he didn't pass Chad. Remember this, Chad pulled to the left and went wide before the tunnel and looked to his right and let Dungey by.

So Dungey didn't make a pass. Gap 4.1 when got past and went up every lap after that. Now think about this, he couldn't pass the 16th place lapped guy for 3 laps till he let him by. How do you expect him to pass the 1st place guy whos actually trying. So all this griping is just a storm in a teacup. So no more Chad threads please lol.
stremme12
Fantasy
3700th
4/4/2017 6:19am
Except at Anaheim 1. When he did. or Dallas. Or Indy when they passed back and forth on the first lap. Tomac has only passed Dungey...

gnarwhip wrote:
But Tomac has 8 wins......
ge217
4/4/2017 6:21am
Dungey the points lead... So what does it matter is he hasn't passed tomac zero times. Tomac Has been ahead of Dungey Zero times this year in the points standings.....

And the people who say MM25 just fell off the pace... You guys haven't really checked out lap times have you?

http://archives.amasupercross.com/xml/SX/events/S1765/S1F1RID.pdf
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
4/4/2017 6:33am
ge217 wrote:
Dungey the points lead... So what does it matter is he hasn't passed tomac zero times. Tomac Has been ahead of Dungey Zero times this year...
Dungey the points lead... So what does it matter is he hasn't passed tomac zero times. Tomac Has been ahead of Dungey Zero times this year in the points standings.....

And the people who say MM25 just fell off the pace... You guys haven't really checked out lap times have you?

http://archives.amasupercross.com/xml/SX/events/S1765/S1F1RID.pdf
How is it not a big deal? What says he will all of a sudden be able to make it happen?
ge217
4/4/2017 6:43am
imoto34 wrote:
How is it not a big deal? What says he will all of a sudden be able to make it happen?
How is what not a big deal? Did you forget Tim Ferry won a Championship without winning a race?

Tomas could crash out the next race and everything be over. Or could crash in practice this week. just like the same could happen to Dungey or any other rider. People on here just aren't being real with themselves.

At the end of the day Dungey still holds the red plate weather he has passed Tomac in a race or not. The series isn't over. No one has won the title yet. So how can people sit here and make assumptions? Facts don't lie. Just like MM25 laps stayed the same. Not one lap do you see were he said of fuck let me slow down so I don't catch Ryan. People just assuming. Just like people saying Dungey wasn't going to catch Tomac. I don't know if you or others watched the same race I did, Dungey was catching him. Again facts don't lie.
tempura
4/4/2017 6:59am
ge217 wrote:
How is what not a big deal? Did you forget Tim Ferry won a Championship without winning a race? Tomas could crash out the next race...
How is what not a big deal? Did you forget Tim Ferry won a Championship without winning a race?

Tomas could crash out the next race and everything be over. Or could crash in practice this week. just like the same could happen to Dungey or any other rider. People on here just aren't being real with themselves.

At the end of the day Dungey still holds the red plate weather he has passed Tomac in a race or not. The series isn't over. No one has won the title yet. So how can people sit here and make assumptions? Facts don't lie. Just like MM25 laps stayed the same. Not one lap do you see were he said of fuck let me slow down so I don't catch Ryan. People just assuming. Just like people saying Dungey wasn't going to catch Tomac. I don't know if you or others watched the same race I did, Dungey was catching him. Again facts don't lie.
Yeah yeah yeah, we've all heard it hundreds of times since the race.
The actual fact is, he didn't catch Tomac, and Tomac went on to win the race. Nothing will change that, no matter how much you debate it.
It's so close now that the championship could go to either rider..
Based on previous results, it looks like Tomac could take it, but anything can happen from now until then.
gabrielito
4/4/2017 7:01am
mx_phreek wrote:
Lets be honest about this, Chad made no difference to the end result of the race. Sure he cost the fans a little hope of a...
Lets be honest about this, Chad made no difference to the end result of the race. Sure he cost the fans a little hope of a good race but thats it, it made no difference. The gap dropped to 1.6 at one point as they was going through lappers, and had gone back up to 1.9 when Dungey caught Chad. Then Dungey followed Chad for 3 laps, he didn't pass Chad. Remember this, Chad pulled to the left and went wide before the tunnel and looked to his right and let Dungey by.

So Dungey didn't make a pass. Gap 4.1 when got past and went up every lap after that. Now think about this, he couldn't pass the 16th place lapped guy for 3 laps till he let him by. How do you expect him to pass the 1st place guy whos actually trying. So all this griping is just a storm in a teacup. So no more Chad threads please lol.
So true, but people love drama. It was lame of Reed and showed he has no honor in competition and tainted his entire career. Dungey not maning up and forcing the issue showed he lacks a killer instinct. Eli can cruise the rest of the way to his championship. Make Motocross Great Again!
MR. X
4/4/2017 7:07am
mx_phreek wrote:
Lets be honest about this, Chad made no difference to the end result of the race. Sure he cost the fans a little hope of a...

Where do you draw the line with that mindset though ? I thought Dungey should have cleaned reed out the first time he had an opportunity to let up and didn't. I realize the chances are slim that Dungey could have caught Eli and passed him ,you got let it play out though ,people make mistakes when looking over to see where the guy behind you is . You can't dictate the rules by trying to look into the future and saying "o ya ,nothing would have changed anyway"
ge217
4/4/2017 7:22am
tempura wrote:
Yeah yeah yeah, we've all heard it hundreds of times since the race. The actual fact is, he didn't catch Tomac, and Tomac went on to...
Yeah yeah yeah, we've all heard it hundreds of times since the race.
The actual fact is, he didn't catch Tomac, and Tomac went on to win the race. Nothing will change that, no matter how much you debate it.
It's so close now that the championship could go to either rider..
Based on previous results, it looks like Tomac could take it, but anything can happen from now until then.
yeah yeah yeah, we've all heard it hundreds on times since the race.

The actual fact is Dungey WAS catching Tomac. If you're going to live in denial about it thats on you.
Dtat720
4/4/2017 7:25am
MX Guy wrote:
Can you give 22 reasons why he didnt maintain the lead after the holeshot?
agn5009
4/4/2017 7:26am
MX Guy wrote:
TripleFive wrote:
How many reasons can you give for why he hadn't passed ELIte in the six prior races that ET3 won?
How many reasons can you give for why Eli hasn't beaten Dungey for a title ever before?

I love Eli, but your not much of a troll. Pretty pathetic troll, actually.
tempura
4/4/2017 7:29am
ge217 wrote:
yeah yeah yeah, we've all heard it hundreds on times since the race. The actual fact is Dungey WAS catching Tomac. If you're going to live...
yeah yeah yeah, we've all heard it hundreds on times since the race.

The actual fact is Dungey WAS catching Tomac. If you're going to live in denial about it thats on you.
But he didn't catch him, and that's all that really matters at the end of the day, regardless of how it all happened, because that can't be changed.

Post a reply to: Dungey has passed Tomac zero times

The Latest