Covid-19 Update

GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/15/2020 10:52pm Edited Date/Time 3/16/2020 11:23am
This might be a couple weeks early, but... Wink

To Our Valued Members,

I wanted to reach out to you in these uncertain times to personally let you know what we are doing at Vital MX to protect our guests and support your motocross needs. As we learn more about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), you have our commitment that we will do everything possible to ensure your safety.

In Our Forums

Our sole mission at Vital MX is to care for our guests, every day. Your health and safety is our number one priority. While we have strong procedures in place to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and safety, we have enhanced our processes in consultation with global and national public health authorities. We have increased the frequency of public area sanitation, paying special attention to high touch surfaces throughout the forum. We are closely following the Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) recommendations on the steps we can take to help prevent the spread of the virus and have reinforced with our associates the importance of good hygiene and effective cleaning protocols.

During these challenging times, we reaffirm our commitment to our guests, our staff, and the communities we serve. We look forward to serving you today and for many years to come.
|
ledger
3/15/2020 11:14pm Edited Date/Time 3/16/2020 12:16am
Now would be a great time to start a Poll on which bike Vitalmx should give away...
TeamGreen
3/15/2020 11:14pm
This might be too late.

I sense A LOT of 'virus' around h'yar
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
3/15/2020 11:49pm
I’ve always used hand sanitizer after visiting Vital forums

The Shop

BAD10
3/16/2020 12:03am
GuyB wrote:
This might be a couple weeks early, but... ;) To Our Valued Members, I wanted to reach out to you in these uncertain times to personally...
This might be a couple weeks early, but... Wink

To Our Valued Members,

I wanted to reach out to you in these uncertain times to personally let you know what we are doing at Vital MX to protect our guests and support your motocross needs. As we learn more about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), you have our commitment that we will do everything possible to ensure your safety.

In Our Forums

Our sole mission at Vital MX is to care for our guests, every day. Your health and safety is our number one priority. While we have strong procedures in place to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and safety, we have enhanced our processes in consultation with global and national public health authorities. We have increased the frequency of public area sanitation, paying special attention to high touch surfaces throughout the forum. We are closely following the Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) recommendations on the steps we can take to help prevent the spread of the virus and have reinforced with our associates the importance of good hygiene and effective cleaning protocols.

During these challenging times, we reaffirm our commitment to our guests, our staff, and the communities we serve. We look forward to serving you today and for many years to come.
Fail. 🤦‍♂️
Plugga
3/16/2020 3:25am
WTF? DryBlink
downard254
3/16/2020 3:35am
I wash my hands every time I pick up my iPad to surf Vital. Not sure how much good it does though as I often scratch my ass just before I sit down, so there’s that.Wink
JustMX
3/16/2020 4:02am Edited Date/Time 3/16/2020 4:04am
I stocked up on bleach and was playing a drinking game, taking a shot everytime I saw "hoax, snowflake, and boomer", but now I am starting to feel a little funny.
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2361st
3/16/2020 4:19am
Are we out of toilet paper yet? Pinch
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4250th
3/16/2020 4:36am
While typing on Vital i put condom on each of my fingers just to be sure.

I can recommend this procedure to the rest of you.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
3/16/2020 5:44am Edited Date/Time 3/16/2020 5:46am
Gibby was spotted looking for some today.

Looby321
3/16/2020 5:56am
JustMX wrote:
I stocked up on bleach and was playing a drinking game, taking a shot everytime I saw "hoax, snowflake, and boomer", but now I am starting...
I stocked up on bleach and was playing a drinking game, taking a shot everytime I saw "hoax, snowflake, and boomer", but now I am starting to feel a little funny.
I only said snowflake once Grinning
LungButter
3/16/2020 6:00am
Is this the first time GuyB has started a thread that is dumbgeon bound?
texasmoto423
3/16/2020 6:07am
Was that guy b’s lame ass attempt at humor??
ATKpilot99
3/16/2020 6:26am
I worked out with dumbells today.....I feel vigorous !
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/16/2020 6:54am
That was just a re-spin of one of the many emails I’ve received this week.

I was considering suggesting that we shut down the forum for 14 days to increase social distancing. Wink
150ripper
3/16/2020 6:56am
GuyB wrote:
That was just a re-spin of one of the many emails I’ve received this week. I was considering suggesting that we shut down the forum for...

I was considering suggesting that we shut down the forum for 14 days to increase social distancing. Wink
Every damn store/restaurant/bar in the city has sent out that same message. If I were worried about sanitation I wouldn’t be going to those places anyway haha.
3/16/2020 7:12am
GuyB wrote:
That was just a re-spin of one of the many emails I’ve received this week. I was considering suggesting that we shut down the forum for...

Careful, that could make people actually go ride their bikes or do something outside their job as a keyboard warrior.
Big E
3/16/2020 7:13am
EZZA 95B wrote:

Im going to say that this is the best post of the day! Thank you for the break.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1006th
3/16/2020 7:45am
EZZA 95B wrote:

I have no idea what i just watched, and i am more confused then before i started this vid.Laughing
peelout
3/16/2020 8:26am
i want my money back
3/16/2020 8:43am
GuyB wrote:

Plus...you're protecting yourself/Vital from any legal repercussions should anyone come down ill from not doing enough to protect visitors... Woohoo

This is California afterall....
Kenny Lingus
3/16/2020 8:45am
After reading some serious bs from the Holiday Inn Express graduates, I think I might just social distance myself from this sight. 😵🤥
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
763rd
3/16/2020 9:27am Edited Date/Time 3/16/2020 9:38am
Well this is fun to poke fun at, but if you notice the tone is changing quickly. I have 1 friend and 2 acquaintances that have died from COVID now I learn in facebook this morning. This is not the flu it's becoming a deadly strain. Really is about keeping the curve down if we want to get control of it.

This will give you a little more understanding of what we are dealing with that I didn't even know.

From Anonymous CDC Lab Testor:

Feeling confused as to why Coronavirus is a bigger deal than Seasonal flu? Here it is in a nutshell. I hope this helps. Feel free to share this to others who don’t understand...

It has to do with RNA sequencing.... I.e. genetics.

Seasonal flu is an “all human virus”. The DNA/RNA chains that make up the virus are recognized by the human immune system. This means that your body has some immunity to it before it comes around each year... you get immunity two ways...through exposure to a virus, or by getting a flu shot.

Novel viruses, come from animals.... the WHO tracks novel viruses in animals, (sometimes for years watching for mutations). Usually these viruses only transfer from animal to animal (pigs in the case of H1N1) (birds in the case of the Spanish flu). But once, one of these animal viruses mutates, and starts to transfer from animals to humans... then it’s a problem, Why? Because we have no natural or acquired immunity.. the RNA sequencing of the genes inside the virus isn’t human, and the human immune system doesn’t recognize it so, we can’t fight it off.

Now.... sometimes, the mutation only allows transfer from animal to human, for years it’s only transmission is from an infected animal to a human before it finally mutates so that it can now transfer human to human... once that happens..we have a new contagion phase. And depending on the fashion of this new mutation, thats what decides how contagious, or how deadly it’s gonna be..

H1N1 was deadly....but it did not mutate in a way that was as deadly as the Spanish flu. It’s RNA was slower to mutate and it attacked its host differently, too.

Fast forward.

Now, here comes this Coronavirus... it existed in animals only, for nobody knows how long...but one day, at an animal market, in Wuhan China, in December 2019, it mutated and made the jump from animal to people. At first, only animals could give it to a person... But here is the scary part.... in just TWO WEEKS it mutated again and gained the ability to jump from human to human. Scientists call this quick ability, “slippery”

This Coronavirus, not being in any form a “human” virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity). Took off like a rocket. And this was because, Humans have no known immunity...doctors have no known medicines for it.

And it just so happens that this particular mutated animal virus, changed itself in such a way the way that it causes great damage to human lungs..

That’s why Coronavirus is different from seasonal flu, or H1N1 or any other type of influenza.... this one is slippery AF. And it’s a lung eater...And, it’s already mutated AGAIN, so that we now have two strains to deal with, strain s, and strain L....which makes it twice as hard to develop a vaccine.

We really have no tools in our shed, with this. History has shown that fast and immediate closings of public places has helped in the past pandemics. Philadelphia and Baltimore were reluctant to close events in 1918 and they were the hardest hit in the US during the Spanish Flu.

Factoid: Henry VIII stayed in his room and allowed no one near him, till the Black Plague passed...(honestly...I understand him so much better now). Just like us, he had no tools in his shed, except social isolation...

And let me end by saying....right now it’s hitting older folks harder... but this genome is so slippery...if it mutates again (and it will). Who is to say, what it will do next.

Be smart folks... acting like you’re unafraid is so not sexy right now.

#flattenthecurve. Stay home folks... and share this to those that just are not catching on.
StellARrr
3/16/2020 9:55am
Moto_Geek wrote:
[b]Well this is fun to poke fun at, but if you notice the tone is changing quickly. I have 1 friend and 2 acquaintances that have...
Well this is fun to poke fun at, but if you notice the tone is changing quickly. I have 1 friend and 2 acquaintances that have died from COVID now I learn in facebook this morning. This is not the flu it's becoming a deadly strain. Really is about keeping the curve down if we want to get control of it.

This will give you a little more understanding of what we are dealing with that I didn't even know.

From Anonymous CDC Lab Testor:

Feeling confused as to why Coronavirus is a bigger deal than Seasonal flu? Here it is in a nutshell. I hope this helps. Feel free to share this to others who don’t understand...

It has to do with RNA sequencing.... I.e. genetics.

Seasonal flu is an “all human virus”. The DNA/RNA chains that make up the virus are recognized by the human immune system. This means that your body has some immunity to it before it comes around each year... you get immunity two ways...through exposure to a virus, or by getting a flu shot.

Novel viruses, come from animals.... the WHO tracks novel viruses in animals, (sometimes for years watching for mutations). Usually these viruses only transfer from animal to animal (pigs in the case of H1N1) (birds in the case of the Spanish flu). But once, one of these animal viruses mutates, and starts to transfer from animals to humans... then it’s a problem, Why? Because we have no natural or acquired immunity.. the RNA sequencing of the genes inside the virus isn’t human, and the human immune system doesn’t recognize it so, we can’t fight it off.

Now.... sometimes, the mutation only allows transfer from animal to human, for years it’s only transmission is from an infected animal to a human before it finally mutates so that it can now transfer human to human... once that happens..we have a new contagion phase. And depending on the fashion of this new mutation, thats what decides how contagious, or how deadly it’s gonna be..

H1N1 was deadly....but it did not mutate in a way that was as deadly as the Spanish flu. It’s RNA was slower to mutate and it attacked its host differently, too.

Fast forward.

Now, here comes this Coronavirus... it existed in animals only, for nobody knows how long...but one day, at an animal market, in Wuhan China, in December 2019, it mutated and made the jump from animal to people. At first, only animals could give it to a person... But here is the scary part.... in just TWO WEEKS it mutated again and gained the ability to jump from human to human. Scientists call this quick ability, “slippery”

This Coronavirus, not being in any form a “human” virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity). Took off like a rocket. And this was because, Humans have no known immunity...doctors have no known medicines for it.

And it just so happens that this particular mutated animal virus, changed itself in such a way the way that it causes great damage to human lungs..

That’s why Coronavirus is different from seasonal flu, or H1N1 or any other type of influenza.... this one is slippery AF. And it’s a lung eater...And, it’s already mutated AGAIN, so that we now have two strains to deal with, strain s, and strain L....which makes it twice as hard to develop a vaccine.

We really have no tools in our shed, with this. History has shown that fast and immediate closings of public places has helped in the past pandemics. Philadelphia and Baltimore were reluctant to close events in 1918 and they were the hardest hit in the US during the Spanish Flu.

Factoid: Henry VIII stayed in his room and allowed no one near him, till the Black Plague passed...(honestly...I understand him so much better now). Just like us, he had no tools in his shed, except social isolation...

And let me end by saying....right now it’s hitting older folks harder... but this genome is so slippery...if it mutates again (and it will). Who is to say, what it will do next.

Be smart folks... acting like you’re unafraid is so not sexy right now.

#flattenthecurve. Stay home folks... and share this to those that just are not catching on.
I know you just copied and pasted that information, but there's no way that information actually came from a "CDC Lab Tester."

The paper that came out suggesting there are two strains is being heavily criticized, and from that paper alone other scientists are NOT concluding that there are multiple strains circulating.(http://virological.org/t/response-to-on-the-origin-and-continuing-evolu…).

I'm not going to break everything down that is wrong with this post since most people do not care, but if anyone has any questions about the virus or testing from a molecular/genomic standpoint I can probably answer them.

3/16/2020 10:10am
Lets not turn this into another pissing contest thread..... I for one appreciated the humor....
SrfNdirt
3/16/2020 11:23am
Why not start a political post so you can put yourself in a "timeout"

Post a reply to: Covid-19 Update

The Latest