Change the MEC

Related:
Create New Tag

8/28/2019 9:59 PM

I don’t like that this off season race has turned into a near mandatory event for US Teams.

I wish it would be an event like every other off season race. They pay for riders to show via start money et al. Of course many riders will want to get a chance at the million, but many others might want to go elsewhere or just stay home.

Just my insignificant opinion.

|

8/28/2019 10:03 PM

It is uniquely successful because it is not like the other events, like described above, nor is it the similar time frame. In other words, it is a successful one off because of the timing and format. Take those things away and you take away the MEC.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

8/28/2019 10:25 PM

I like it. It's a good opportunity for teams to debut new riders (I assume that's where AC makes his 450 debut?), and for MXGP guys to come over and have a little fun.

|

8/28/2019 10:49 PM

kzizok wrote:

It is uniquely successful because it is not like the other events, like described above, nor is it the similar time frame. In other words, it is a successful one off because of the timing and format. Take those things away and you take away the MEC.

Feld stole the idea (/ entire event) off the McGrath invitational. They are such a pack of wankers.

|

"Are you kidding me guy? You know how hard I grease it"

8/28/2019 10:56 PM

No.

If races don't want to race. they don't have too.. Many top riders have missed out on racing it over the past years by choice.
Its not part of there contracts to do these events. Its because riders want too. and its something different from the other races they do all year.

|

8/29/2019 2:14 AM

It’s near mandatory because it brings in so much money. I realize this is a fun hobby for you but for these riders and the teams it’s a business.

|

8/29/2019 2:24 AM

Aside from the Monster Kawi guys lining up because they’re contracted to these other teams are going from a business standpoint and not to mention it gives riders and teams a chance to either debut their new 450 riders for the next season and also trial their potential 450 rider(s) for the season after next.

|

8/29/2019 4:48 AM

Great chance for the teams to see if their SX testing is going in the right direction.

|

8/29/2019 6:27 AM

So what happens to MEC when the new Raiders stadium opens? What happens to Sam Boyd stadium? If they close it or demolish it the MEC will either need to find a new home, change it's date or cease to exist.
It won't be in the new Raiders stadium because with both the Raiders and UNLV playing there an open date from Sept to Jan will be impossible....

|

8/29/2019 6:40 AM

I must have missed the part where it's mandatory and anyone is being forced to participate. And don't watch it if you don't like it.

|

8/29/2019 6:43 AM

The main events are just a small part of the MEC to me. I go to Vegas and make a weekend of it, and honestly Im more interested in the amateur races.

|

8/29/2019 6:52 AM

DonM wrote:

So what happens to MEC when the new Raiders stadium opens? What happens to Sam Boyd stadium? If they close it or demolish it the MEC will either need to find a new home, change it's date or cease to exist.
It won't be in the new Raiders stadium because with both the Raiders and UNLV playing there an open date from Sept to Jan will be impossible....

Nor is T-Mobile Arena available in the current time frame. Sam Boyd is being demo'd by early summer as of now. Going to be interesting to see what happens. Back to MGM and it's roots?

|

8/29/2019 7:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2019 8:02 AM

agn5009 wrote:

It’s near mandatory because it brings in so much money. I realize this is a fun hobby for you but for these riders and the teams it’s a business.

Then it's presumably a bad business choice to race a race where the riders could possible get injured and not compete in their regular season. Oh wait...

|

8/29/2019 10:47 AM

DonM wrote:

avidchimp wrote:

Nor is T-Mobile Arena available in the current time frame. Sam Boyd is being demo'd by early summer as of now. Going to be interesting to see what happens. Back to MGM and it's roots?

I think it will die and the Vegas round of SX will run the MEC format and pay. To go back to MGM with these modern 4 strokes would be a waste...They really don't have a lot of options once Sam Boyd is gone...I'm really surprised that the industry and MX media aren't asking the question especially this time of year with the MXDN/MEC schedule debate going on.

|

8/29/2019 10:53 AM

Get rid of the MEC and bring back the Trans-AMA.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

8/29/2019 11:01 AM

Get rid of it, nobody really cares much anymore.

|

8/29/2019 11:17 AM

Best idea for MEC is to make it the finale of supercross BEFORE outdoors start. Move MXDN up a couple weeks and make it the finale of both AMA and GP circuits.

No scheduling conflicts, time to recover, and time to test for the following season.

|

8/29/2019 11:24 AM

motokiwi wrote:

Feld stole the idea (/ entire event) off the McGrath invitational. They are such a pack of wankers.

Really?

The U.S. Open in Vegas (which I see the Monster Energy Cup as a replacement of) ran through 1998 through 2009 in the same time frame.

The McGrath Invitational was in 2006.

|

8/29/2019 11:43 AM

dickjackson170 wrote:

I must have missed the part where it's mandatory and anyone is being forced to participate. And don't watch it if you don't like it.

It's always been a more limited field than any regular-season race.

|

8/29/2019 12:01 PM

kzizok wrote:

motokiwi wrote:

GuyB wrote:

Really?

The U.S. Open in Vegas (which I see the Monster Energy Cup as a replacement of) ran through 1998 through 2009 in the same time frame.

The McGrath Invitational was in 2006.

Lol. I was thinking the same when I read that! Not too mention the Chaparral race before that, that they had prior to Supercross. These one off races prior to SX are nothing new.

|

8/29/2019 1:35 PM

theprizefighter wrote:

Then it's presumably a bad business choice to race a race where the riders could possible get injured and not compete in their regular season. Oh wait...

Photo
|

Ed Johnson

8/29/2019 1:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2019 10:07 PM

kb228 wrote:

Best idea for MEC is to make it the finale of supercross BEFORE outdoors start. Move MXDN up a couple weeks and make it the finale of both AMA and GP circuits.

No scheduling conflicts, time to recover, and time to test for the following season.

NO WAY!! What makes the race cool is that it is NOT part of the SX series, its a one off race with a big payout in Sin City. I do think you are on to something with the MXDN being a final race for AMA and GP and that is a pretty good idea.

|

Ed Johnson

8/29/2019 1:42 PM

agn5009 wrote:

theprizefighter wrote:

Dude if the mxon race is all that and a bag of chips for you praise that race and it’s participants. Instead your anti Kawasaki anti Tomac anti mec etc etc.

We get it you have noted what upset you and what you don’t like we just don’t need to hear it daily.

|

kb228 wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

NO WAY!! What makes the race cool is that it is NOT part of the SX series, its a one off race with a big payout in Sin City. I do think you are on to something with the MXDN being a final race for AMA and GP and that is a pretty good idea.

It can still be outside of SX.. nothing wrong with that.

|

DonM wrote:

avidchimp wrote:

DonM wrote:

I think it will die and the Vegas round of SX will run the MEC format and pay. To go back to MGM with these modern 4 strokes would be a waste...They really don't have a lot of options once Sam Boyd is gone...I'm really surprised that the industry and MX media aren't asking the question especially this time of year with the MXDN/MEC schedule debate going on.

Maybe they will move it to Salt Lake City?

|

8/29/2019 2:35 PM

Yeah, cause GP riders riding the last round of the MX series has proven that EVERY rider rides hard and doesn't lay up for championships.

|

In an infinite universe, anything is possible!

8/29/2019 2:39 PM

swtwtwtw wrote:

I don’t like that this off season race has turned into a near mandatory event for US Teams.

I wish it would be an event like every other off season race. They pay for riders to show via start money et al. Of course many riders will want to get a chance at the million, but many others might want to go elsewhere or just stay home.

Just my insignificant opinion.

Sorry, I could not resist the bump. I do not think thats how you use et al.

9 years of reading scientific literature compelled me

|

8/30/2019 6:49 AM

Move it to Utah like the last round

|

8/30/2019 7:05 AM

No whoops!

|

8/30/2019 7:16 AM

It will still be in Vegas. UNLV is on the road for the 2 weeks of Monster cup and the Raiders play one home game month of October (2 road games and a bye week) So scheduling isn't that difficult.

|