Carmichael/Hart no show last national

Related:
Create New Tag

8/28/2017 8:46 PM

I find it a little odd that both co-owners/founders would no show their teams last ever national. They've never been that involved to start with, but still you would think they would show up to the teams last national. It makes me think there is more to the story of them shutting down then they just couldn't get sponsors.

|

8/28/2017 8:50 PM

They were in it to make money, not lose money. Simple as that. Nothing wrong with that, either.

|

8/29/2017 2:58 AM

aeffertz wrote:

They were in it to make money, not lose money. Simple as that. Nothing wrong with that, either.

Do other teams make money out of it? Maybe the factory teams that make it back through sales but the privateer teams that represent sponsors?

|

8/29/2017 3:46 AM

They didnt show up to
ANY races for their team! Why start now?

|

Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous. Checkout; ABetterStockMarket.com

8/29/2017 4:07 AM

moto0852 wrote:

They didnt show up to
ANY races for their team! Why start now?

Not true !

|

8/29/2017 4:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2017 4:34 AM

Andy_Greenney wrote:

Do other teams make money out of it? Maybe the factory teams that make it back through sales but the privateer teams that represent sponsors?

HRC/Factory KTM does not have to turn a profit to remain racing. RCH did.

I did attend the Ironman and it would have been cool the see RC or CR.

|

8/29/2017 5:17 AM

aeffertz wrote:

Nothing wrong with making money. I'm all for it. But, if what I've read is true and they were not there, I think that's pretty crappy.

|

8/29/2017 5:22 AM

Hart was at the MTV music awards with his wife

|

8/29/2017 5:23 AM

If you have ever "had to close" or just "closed" any business, the last day is not a day of celebrating. It's more gut wrenching than fun.

I don't blame them for not being there. The business of moto has turned many people away from it!

|

8/29/2017 5:28 AM

Still would have been a nice sign of respect and appreciation for the guys on their team...

|

8/29/2017 5:39 AM

I for sure thought they would be around for the long haul. A ton of effort went into evolving the team to becoming a championship winning team. Talk about a roll coaster ride. I have wondered why other teams like MCR decide or Star stay around if the money isn't there.

|

8/29/2017 6:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2017 8:00 AM

I think that's a bit disrespectful of Hart and RC to the guys on the team for not being there for the last race. I've gotten the feeling those guys just weren't into that much this year due to not being around the races that much this year.

|

8/29/2017 6:27 AM

JRT812 wrote:

I for sure thought they would be around for the long haul. A ton of effort went into evolving the team to becoming a championship winning team. Talk about a roll coaster ride. I have wondered why other teams like MCR decide or Star stay around if the money isn't there.

MCR stay around because Mike Genova loves the sport and is willing to drop tons of money into it every year.

RCH closed up because they couldn't get a sponsor commitment early enough, right?

PC, Geico, and JGR make money right?

|

8/29/2017 7:02 AM

JRT812 wrote:

tprice07 wrote:

MCR stay around because Mike Genova loves the sport and is willing to drop tons of money into it every year.

RCH closed up because they couldn't get a sponsor commitment early enough, right?

I don't have any facts, but I can't imagine JGR making any money at all fielding their team.

|

8/29/2017 7:05 AM

DRAGONBACK wrote:

Still would have been a nice sign of respect and appreciation for the guys on their team...

......a nice severance paycheck is a nice way of showing respect and appreciation IMHO

|

8/29/2017 7:07 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

......a nice severance paycheck is a nice way of showing respect and appreciation IMHO

That didn't happen either.

|

8/29/2017 7:29 AM

DRAGONBACK wrote:

kkawboy14 wrote:

Except that kinda stuff doesn't happen in moto.

|

8/29/2017 7:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2017 7:47 AM

So it's disrespectful that Carey Hart supported his wife at one of the most important events of the year for her, instead of attending Ironman? Look, I know most of us are moto crazy, but that's an easy decision...

|

8/29/2017 8:00 AM

tprice07 wrote:

PC, JGR, and MCR all have a product to sell that is Moto related so they can take/justify a loss as the team is considered advertising. Just as with each Factory team (not factory supported). I would imagine the Geico team actually makes money.

RCH is selling nothing. If they don't have Sponsors to cover costs why would they field a team?

|

8/29/2017 8:05 AM

ML512 wrote:

So it's disrespectful that Carey Hart supported his wife at one of the most important events of the year for her, instead of attending Ironman? Look, I know most of us are moto crazy, but that's an easy decision...

Thank you, exactly what I was gonna say! So many people on here think moto is the most important thing in the world, it's not!

|

8/29/2017 8:11 AM

ML512 wrote:

feelnjstfine wrote:

Thank you, exactly what I was gonna say! So many people on here think moto is the most important thing in the world, it's not!

Didn't saw him or RC on Tickles or Bogle podium pictures too. Maybe I'm seeing something that wasn't there. But I think both were loaning there names to a project but didn't wanna have the burden.

|

8/29/2017 8:14 AM

ML512 wrote:

Ok...I understand that but what about RC?

|

8/29/2017 8:18 AM

ML512 wrote:

I totally agree with you, but what's Ricky's excuse? I'm not trying to just bash on these guys, but I haven't even seen as much as a Instagram post acknowledging or thanking anyone yet. It's just a bit odd.

|

8/29/2017 8:22 AM

JRT812 wrote:

tprice07 wrote:

Its great that MCR has rides to give and Mike must be a great business man if he willing to drop a ton of money on love of the sport.

Correct about RCH based off what Kenny said

I have no idea about the 3, but I would imagine its easier for PC and JGR because of the services/products they offer.

|

8/29/2017 8:22 AM

Carey Hart posted a goodbye/thank you on social media. Go back and look at his posts.

I don't follow RC. Someone else would have to confirm.

|

8/29/2017 8:25 AM

ML512 wrote:

spd721 wrote:

Ok...I understand that but what about RC?

Maybe the twins had a big game, his wife was sick, a family reunion? In reality, he owes no one an explanation and it's frankly none of our business.

|

8/29/2017 8:35 AM

I hope you all realize that these teams do not make any profit, and this whole "show" is about marketing and promotion. Where would the profit come from?? The huge purse payouts from race wins?? LOL! These teams need a lump sum of money at the beginning of the year to pay for everything needed to take a race team through a season, including the employee's salaries, team travel expenses, semi haulers, building rent, etc. Most of the bigger teams have the manufactures pay for the riders salaries only and supply bikes, and some do not. In the end, they spend every dime of the sponsorship money, and start over for next year. Like my friend told me, if it takes $6mil for team Geico to race all year, and they can't raise the $6mil, they don't race. It is all marketing and non-for-profit, and thus RCH couldn't get enough sponsorship support to fund the team, thus closing the doors. Pretty simple stuff.

|

8/29/2017 8:36 AM

|

8/29/2017 8:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2017 8:46 AM

JRT812 wrote:

I think why we see MCR and Star staying around is two fold (at least). Both guys are huge moto heads and I am sure the teams provide a good write off (spa products and car dealerships) instead of giving it to Uncle Sam. Kind of a good two birds scenario.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

8/29/2017 8:47 AM

ML512 wrote:

Csb146 wrote:

I totally agree with you, but what's Ricky's excuse? I'm not trying to just bash on these guys, but I haven't even seen as much as a Instagram post acknowledging or thanking anyone yet. It's just a bit odd.

ML512 wrote:

I'm gonna keep this short and sweet, thank you to everyone. Thank you to all of the sponsors, riders, crew, and fans for keeping @rchracing going for the 10 race seasons. The RCH staff is what really made this program top notch, and for that I thank you guys for all of your hard work and dedication. It's definitely bitter sweat. Exactly 1 year ago we were celebrating our outdoor championship and this year we are closing the doors. I can tell you this, we contributed to changing the sport for the good. We shook things up and rocked the boat. We showed that the under dog can not only win races, but win a championship. We showed that we can have fun, but also be vicious competitors. Thanks @rickycarmichael for taking a chance on a tattooed scumbag. We had a great run, but all good things come to an end. Thanks for the memories, everyone.

A post shared by Carey Hart (@hartluck) on

Touche' My very brief look at his account missed this.. I'll see myself out with my.

|