Bobby Webb, Cooper's Dad

jonesaustin
Posts
2660
Joined
7/6/2009
Location
Austin, TX, USA
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2016 10:38pm
...pretty cool that he's a Carolina surfboard shaper. anytime we tie MX back to surfing is a good thing imo. same with cycling. NASCAR? never ever, ever.

http://www.carolinacoastonline.com/news_times/news/article_6b91d9a8-427a-5559-868b-a54fbb129b33.html
|
rubarb
Posts
2042
Joined
6/12/2007
Location
byda beech, CA, USA
1/25/2016 11:35am Edited Date/Time 1/25/2016 11:56am
Your buddy Shabeen claimed he was a pro surfer. Curious to know his source...
MX45
Posts
1166
Joined
11/14/2008
Location
Phoenix, AZ, USA
1/25/2016 1:25pm
Why the passive aggressiveness there, Rubarb?

Bob was a pro surfer. Source: Bob told me. He probably told Ralph too. I don't think Ralph is psychic.
as OP said, he's a shaper and founder of Action Surf Shop in N.C.

Another surfing tie in is David Bailey's biological father (Not The Professor) is a board shaper.
1/25/2016 1:46pm
He is a very nice man. He loves MX too, we often see him at our small local racing events.
bigwormz17
Posts
2
Joined
1/25/2016
Location
Morehead City, NC, USA
1/25/2016 4:41pm


That's coopers dad Bob back in the day

The Shop

oshow
Posts
4083
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
1/25/2016 4:47pm
rubarb wrote:
Your buddy Shabeen claimed he was a pro surfer. Curious to know his source...
Zing bitch

Thruth
Twist1
Posts
382
Joined
1/3/2015
Location
EI, NC, USA
1/25/2016 5:07pm
I have had 3 boards shaped by Bobby Webb in the last several years. His knowledge and skill increased my wave count a lot. Told him where I was at, he shaped the board. Very happy. Repeat.
The area has a solid history of surfing, to say the least. Action has been around for a long time. I think the first new Action board I got was in the 80's, but bought it at a surf shop in CB or WB, don't remember.
He strikes me as the type that does not want to be talked about on a moto board, and he is a big dude. Whistling
ktm300hater
Posts
582
Joined
9/29/2009
Location
Stephenville, TX, USA
1/25/2016 5:13pm
Bobby Webb is as solid a guy as they come. I've known him since 02. Good folks
MX_Andrew83
Posts
748
Joined
10/6/2010
Location
Morehead city, NC, USA
1/25/2016 5:14pm
I worked at his Dad's surf shop "Action" when I was 19, and used to clean his shaping room as well deliver boards to get them glassed. He could be a bit tough at times but is an artist when it comes to shaping boards. He used to own land in Nicaragua, but sold it when Coop got serious about racing. He is local legend when it comes to surfing her in Eastern NC
MX_Andrew83
Posts
748
Joined
10/6/2010
Location
Morehead city, NC, USA
1/25/2016 5:16pm
I remember he started riding MX because he couldn't catch a break in the water, every punk kid thought cutting him off would get them sponsored. If the shop was slow, he would have me watch Coop ride his mini track on the side of the shop.
bigwormz17
Posts
2
Joined
1/25/2016
Location
Morehead City, NC, USA
1/25/2016 6:07pm


Here's another one of Bob back in the day
FLmxer
Posts
7313
Joined
8/16/2006
Location
SouthWest, FL, USA
Fantasy
1/25/2016 7:01pm
That is very cool. My two favorite things. Surf and moto.
tvo314
Posts
776
Joined
5/9/2009
Location
USA
1/25/2016 9:24pm
My cousin has been a glasser in NC for a long time with WRV, now runs Ding Shack board repair shop. There's some decent surf out there. Last time I surfed there, I had a separated shoulder and had trouble paddling with one arm. Can't wait to go back though.
Crush
Posts
21138
Joined
4/26/2009
Location
Sydney, AU
1/25/2016 9:31pm
...pretty cool that he's a Carolina surfboard shaper. anytime we tie MX back to surfing is a good thing imo. same with cycling. NASCAR? never ever...
...pretty cool that he's a Carolina surfboard shaper. anytime we tie MX back to surfing is a good thing imo. same with cycling. NASCAR? never ever, ever.

http://www.carolinacoastonline.com/news_times/news/article_6b91d9a8-427a-5559-868b-a54fbb129b33.html
You'd rather MX was affiliated or more like Cycling than Nascar?!

Dafuq?!
1/25/2016 10:38pm
Spoke with Bob for 1/2 hr before races at Budds in 14 at the motel lobby. Absolute great guy he never once bought up his sons name like a name drop

Post a reply to: Bobby Webb, Cooper's Dad

The Latest