All Time USA Premier Class Winners

Related:
Create New Tag

6/3/2021 10:25 AM

I stole this chart out of the Matthes JT column on RacerX. I think it is telling for all the youngsters on the forum to understand why guys like Hannah and Johnson are so revered by us old farts. And for that matter look at the Rodney Dangerfield of MX right there in second on the list. smile
Photo
https://racerxonline.com/2021/06/03/insight-jt-and-matthes-on-fox-raceway-1

|

6/3/2021 11:14 AM

And Dungey still gets no respect.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

6/3/2021 11:20 AM

Roczen should move up a few slots this year. But man, look at the GOAT. That record will never be beaten.

|

6/3/2021 11:24 AM

Seems like Tomac and Roczen should be able to slide into 3rd and 5th before they retire. Maybe even 4th all time for Roczen.

|

6/3/2021 11:25 AM

scootch wrote:

Seems like Tomac and Roczen should be able to slide into 3rd and 5th before they retire. Maybe even 4th all time for Roczen.

Roczen may catch and pass Tomac if he doesn't step it up.

|

6/3/2021 11:30 AM

motomike137 wrote:

I stole this chart out of the Matthes JT column on RacerX. I think it is telling for all the youngsters on the forum to ...more

What needs to be remembered here is how much more guys like RJ, Wardy, etc would have if they counted 500’s as well. There season was split most of the years they raced.

|

6/3/2021 11:42 AM

motomike137 wrote:

I stole this chart out of the Matthes JT column on RacerX. I think it is telling for all the youngsters on the forum to ...more

Park Boys wrote:

What needs to be remembered here is how much more guys like RJ, Wardy, etc would have if they counted 500’s as well. There ...more

500cc moto wins should be included. I know this is discussed in the other thread.

|

6/3/2021 12:20 PM

Would like to point out RV got to 30 in two seasons (and only two races in 09)

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

6/3/2021 3:36 PM

Quick look at racerx add 21 500cc motos for RJ just from 86-88

|

6/3/2021 5:10 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Would like to point out RV got to 30 in two seasons (and only two races in 09)

So close to Carmichael.

Carmichael had 141 wins in 175 motos (80.6% wins).

Villopoto had 40 wins in 51 motos (78.4%). He would have needed to win his next 6 straight motos to catch Carmichael in win percentage.

|

6/3/2021 5:58 PM

RichieW13 wrote:

So close to Carmichael.

Carmichael had 141 wins in 175 motos (80.6% wins).

Villopoto had 40 wins in 51 motos (78.4%). He ...more

It's such a shame Villopoto only managed to stay healthy for two full 450 seasons. Watching him ride outdoors was amazing in my opinion.

|

6/3/2021 7:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/3/2021 8:43 PM

motomike137 wrote:

I stole this chart out of the Matthes JT column on RacerX. I think it is telling for all the youngsters on the forum to ...more

Park Boys wrote:

What needs to be remembered here is how much more guys like RJ, Wardy, etc would have if they counted 500’s as well. There ...more

Exactly, the season was split for a few years between the two classes with 125's running at all the events if I remember correctly.

|

6/3/2021 7:09 PM

motomike137 wrote:

I stole this chart out of the Matthes JT column on RacerX. I think it is telling for all the youngsters on the forum to ...more

Park Boys wrote:

What needs to be remembered here is how much more guys like RJ, Wardy, etc would have if they counted 500’s as well. There ...more

motomike137 wrote:

Exactly, the season was split for a few years between the two classes with 125's running at all the events if I remember ...more

Yes it was that way from 86-93 . The 500 class was dropped after 93.

|

6/3/2021 7:10 PM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Would like to point out RV got to 30 in two seasons (and only two races in 09)

RichieW13 wrote:

So close to Carmichael.

Carmichael had 141 wins in 175 motos (80.6% wins).

Villopoto had 40 wins in 51 motos (78.4%). He ...more

jorgechavez wrote:

It's such a shame Villopoto only managed to stay healthy for two full 450 seasons. Watching him ride outdoors was amazing in ...more

Absolutely ... He is missed

|

6/3/2021 7:48 PM

Would also like to point out that RC collected 70 (half) of his moto wins in 3 seasons...out of a possible 72....that dude was a fucking psycho

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

6/3/2021 8:26 PM

Wow man. I knew Dunge was up there but not that high. What a savage

|

6/4/2021 4:15 AM

Not only should they count the 500 from the years the series was split, but also from all the years before that too. The 500’s were considered at least equal to the 250’s, and the factory teams would divide their best riders between the classes. These lists pop up every year and it’s always misleading, especially to the younger guys who didn’t witness those years.

|

6/4/2021 5:31 AM

Windham’s the only guy on there without a title. Still a great in my books.

|

6/4/2021 9:27 AM

CPR wrote:

Windham’s the only guy on there without a title. Still a great in my books.

Especially when u factor in most of his moto wins came against #1 on this list (and he does have one against Dunge too)

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

6/4/2021 11:20 AM

McGrath being in the top 10 is really impressive, especially in the context of him not being considered a great outdoor rider back then. Plus he had Emig to deal with in every year he raced outdoors I think.

|

6/4/2021 11:25 AM

S.A. Weave wrote:

McGrath being in the top 10 is really impressive, especially in the context of him not being considered a great outdoor rider ...more

Anyone that thinks Jeremy wasn't a great outdoor rider is misinformed. He was damn good once he got on a 250 outdoors, he and Emig pretty much ran away with the outdoor motos at that time. I remember just how disappointed I was when he quit riding outdoors.

|

6/4/2021 11:39 AM

I've been watching MX since like 85....who the hell is Kent Howerton? lol

Is he a 70's dude?

|

6/4/2021 11:41 AM

CPR wrote:

Windham’s the only guy on there without a title. Still a great in my books.

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Especially when u factor in most of his moto wins came against #1 on this list (and he does have one against Dunge too)

Yea, Windham had the misfortune of being an amazing rider that just happened to be in the sport when legends were riding.

He's a legend in my book nonetheless.

|

6/4/2021 11:44 AM

Johnny Ringo wrote:

Would also like to point out that RC collected 70 (half) of his moto wins in 3 seasons...out of a possible 72....that dude was ...more

So crazy to me that the dude almost went 100% 3 times.

I can't see anyone doing that these days. 2016 Tomac looked like he might've been able to do it once...until the 50 mph belly flop.

|

6/4/2021 11:45 AM

Also crazy that Hurricane Hannah hasn't raced in 32 years and still sits in #3.

|

6/4/2021 5:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/4/2021 5:14 PM

D.K.O.N. wrote:

Also crazy that Hurricane Hannah hasn't raced in 32 years and still sits in #3.

Both he and Johnson could easily have many many more if it wasn't for some untimely injuries.

edit: I believe that Bob rattled off 28 in a row at one point.

|

6/4/2021 6:54 PM

D.K.O.N. wrote:

Also crazy that Hurricane Hannah hasn't raced in 32 years and still sits in #3.

motomike137 wrote:

Both he and Johnson could easily have many many more if it wasn't for some untimely injuries.

edit: I believe that Bob ...more

28 in a row? Would that of been the end of one season and start of another? I think Ricky’s record was only like 32 in a row and that spanned 3 seasons

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

6/4/2021 8:27 PM

I bet Tomac will be passing Hannah this weekend.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

6/5/2021 4:37 AM

Not only should the 500 class count, but TransAma races as well. One could also argue at one time Golden State and Florida Winter series races had near National level importance and competitiveness at one time as well. For all the talk of riders racing too much today, in the past they raced quite a little bit as well in several highly competitive series.

|