2020 250sx problems?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/2/2020 2:59 PM

First post on vital here.
So I picked up a 2020 KTM 250sx a week ago and was finally able to take it out this past weekend. Still trying to figure out the air forks after coming off a 2015 250sx. Anyway after about 1.5 hours of riding the Kickstarter cracked on me. Still was able to ride though. Then at about 2.4 hours on the bike the radiator hose between the 2 radiators cracked and was spilling coolant everywhere after a little tip over. Was wondering if anybody else had these problems? Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

6/2/2020 3:02 PM

That's a weird deal! Contact your dealer. KTM is known to be good about that stuff!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

6/2/2020 4:35 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

That's a weird deal! Contact your dealer. KTM is known to be good about that stuff!

Agreed. Failing that, I hear Chaparral has kickstarters in stock.

|

6/2/2020 4:41 PM

Weird!

|

6/2/2020 5:10 PM

Barry_Smith wrote:

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

|

6/2/2020 7:27 PM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Barry_Smith wrote:

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ missed opportunity for OP to title the thread โ€œMy kickstarter just busted. Where do you get your parts?โ€

|

Two wheels, tacos, and tubes

6/2/2020 9:23 PM

Ktm will warranty for 30 days ..unless you tell them you race

|

6/2/2020 11:15 PM

2stmark wrote:

Ktm will warranty for 30 days ..unless you tell them you race

But it's "Ready to Race".

|

8/24/2020 5:25 PM

Motoman, The same thing happen to my 19โ€™ 250sx on Aug 22 2020, only 8 hrs. Did ktm or the dealer offer any help ? If not, what did you put back in Itโ€™s place ?
As of now itโ€™s not a recall or seem to be known as an issue. My local dealer has reached out to ktm, I hope to hear something in 24 to 48. I will post my results.

|

9/9/2020 7:20 AM

I Wanted to give an update on my kick starter issue. My local Dealer says they reached out to the regional ktm tech about the kick starter cracking. Its been a few weeks now, with a few Calls on my end to check on the process. Nothing!! I reached out to ktm N.A; They tell me to go through my local dealer to start the process. Chasing my tail I guess. I went ahead and bought the only aftermarket kick starter I could find on the internet. Hopefully, KTM will step up a replace all the kick starters with this casting issue !!

Photo
Photo
Photo

|

9/9/2020 9:22 AM

Hi, Luckily enough my dealer where I bought my bike from was nice enough to get one from ktm N.A. Bad thing is it took about a month and a half to get in up to minnesota. I had a local weld shop put a bead where my previous one cracked. Good luck and hopefully you can find a new Kickstarter.

|

9/10/2020 8:32 AM

Geez,

Why doesn't a company make electric start for these bikes?

Or maybe KTM is just trying to get everyone wanting electric start so theses kick starters would go away?

Enough joking aside, that really does suck! Hopefully KTM will resolve this with you as well as they have for other issues with customers in the past.

|

9/10/2020 8:36 AM

That radiator hose thing is a known issue, the radiator can flex back in a crash and the hose hits that bolt. That's my guess at least...

If you check out @tyhuey on Instagram he has posted a couple different ways to prevent that over the past year or so.

|

9/10/2020 9:34 AM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Barry_Smith wrote:

austin_bo wrote:

missed opportunity for OP to title the thread โ€œMy kickstarter just busted. Where do you get your parts?โ€

I didnโ€™t mean to downvote that. I lolโ€™d

|

9/10/2020 9:48 AM

My 2020 250sx did the same exact thing on only the 3rd kick. I had to bump start my new bike. My dealer B&E motorsports took one right off another new bike for me. Ive started it at least 40 time now with no issues.

|

9/10/2020 9:52 AM

LungButter wrote:

That radiator hose thing is a known issue, the radiator can flex back in a crash and the hose hits that bolt. That's my guess ...more

Lungbro beat me to it. When KTM lowered the radiators for โ€˜19, it put the hose directly in line with the PV cover. Offroad guys have found ways to fix it.

|

9/16/2020 8:07 AM

Motoman61 wrote:

First post on vital here.
So I picked up a 2020 KTM 250sx a week ago and was finally able to take it out this past weekend. ...more

My Kickstart crack at 49 Hours looks like yours.
Replace it with Apico the only Aftermarket part which i found . Looks very solid and for a Good Price

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

9/17/2020 2:28 PM

Just about any dealer in the country can get you a Moose kicker for that bike.

|

9/17/2020 2:45 PM

KTM = kicked too manly?

Too soon? w00t

|