Upgrade to enjoy this feature!
Vital MX fantasy is free to play, but Premium users receive great benefits. Premium benefits include:
- View and download rider stats
- Pick trends
- Create a private league
- And more!
Only $10 for all 2026 SX, MX, and SMX series.
He deserved that one, passing cars on a red flag is a major offense and he may be a rookie in f1 but he knows better. 10 place penalty at Monoco is a death sentence.
FP3
Eliminated in Q1: Bortoleto, Bearman, Gasly, Stroll, Colapinto.
Eliminated in Q2: Sainz, Tsunoda, Hulkenberg, Russell, Antonelli.
The Shop
Luxon 4-Post Bar Mounts
$189.95 - $239.95
DeCal Works Huge Plastic Inventory of UFO and Polisport kits.
Norris on pole 1:09.954
Leclerc +0.109
Piastri +0.175
Hamilton +0.428
Verstappen +0.715
Hadjar +0.969
Alonso +0.970
Ocon +0.988
Lawson +1.175
Albon +1.259
The stewards are looking into Hamilton possibly impeding Verstappen.
Wow, what a lap by Norris !!!
a sub 10 lap.
That was a scary moment, but Hamilton's engineer was responsible for that one.
He told Hamilton that Max was on a slow lap.
Going to be a hell of a Grand Prix. Go Piastri.
I follow the sport loosely these days. I just saw this morning during Monaco qualifying that Lewis Hamilton moved over to Ferrari. 😂 I will be watching the race tomorrow morning.
Monaco is a nice place, but as usual, another boring race.
The 1st stop needed to mandatory by say lap 28. Two stop race there is not a bad idea, just not totally thought through. Just as in any racing, your job as strategist is to use the rules to your advantage. Some did. I didn't understand why Merc didn't drag their cars out of that mess early in the first run. Some of those strategists I don't agree with.
Hands down the worst race of the year goes to Monaco. It is a shame the FIA wants it for the money while willing to boot Imola which is a proper race track.
I was excited to see Leclerc on front row with Lando epically since Lando blows more starts and first corners than anyone and then he finally nails a start so Ferrari loses again. 😠
This was a proper snoozer
Pit Row
Every F1 site/page/pundit/driver I follow is posting scathing reviews of this ridiculous gimmick of forced tyre stops.
I did see one solution for keeping Monaco on the calendar.
Make it a two day time trial event.
Thought about it for a while, and it doesn't sound all that bad.
The qualifying sessions there are some of the best on the calendar.
Other solutions are an extension of the track, eliminating the neaveau (sic) chicane, adding another further down in order to create a passing zone.
In other news,
Looks like another classic track, Barcelona, is soon to be removed, for probably another citified street curcuit.
Just go back to the mid 2000’s, but use slicks and have more than one tire supplier. and bring back refueling to really allow teams to play with strategies.
Those sounds from those 3 liter v-10s was/is amazing.
The refuelling thing is a bit of a misdirect, if you look at statistics (which I do because I can't help being a geek where motorsports are concerned) there was actually less overtaking while refuelling was a thing in F1. Tyres too is a tough thing, tyre wars do tend to increase speeds and so on but right now Pirelli are only building the tyres that F1 and the FIA are telling them to, with parameters on temperature and wear etc that are prescribed to them. That's why recently when they looked at tyre supply, almost no-one actually tried to compete with Pirelli for the job. If I remember correctly, Bridgestone even went so far as to say something along the lines of 'we build tyres for grip and to last, not to fall apart'.
It's pretty hard to reduce the size of the cars as they are now without removing some of the safety structures or the engine/hybrid systems etc which the manufacturers all want to keep (which is why they all rejected the V10 thing recently). To spice up Monaco the go-kart idea actually isn't far off, you could introduce a 'Monaco-spec' car which is shorter and narrower, but then you're adding a significant cost to the season where the emphasis has been on trying to reduce the costs recently. So unfortunately, there's not really a lot outside of significant circuit redesign - with Monaco land prices meaning $$$ - to fix how things go at Monaco.
I like the idea of just making them do qualifying runs all weekend.
That, and the cars are going to downsize for next season.
Will it help ??
Monaco never has been a producer of side by side racing.
Even back in the early days.
But damn, these cars are so big now that even during time trials, they have outgrown the curcuit.
Just another great race for Williams and I am all about it. Another thing, Monaco could actually be a benefit of a joker lane for the racing with one use per car.
I would love to see F1 try something different with Monaco. Imagine a 5 lap time trial instead of the traditional race on Sunday. 1 car on track at a time. 1 set of tires. 5 laps on the limit. Lowest time wins. Qualifying sets the order for Sunday with the pole sitter going last when the track has rubbered in the most. Would be pretty awesome to watch.
Williams is the team that may surprise everyone next season.
According to James Vowles, they're about done with investing in this year's car.
And are throwing everything into 2026.
Sainz went there for a reason.
As much as everyone gripes about the racing there, the drivers all like negotiating the track.
Monaco might be taken off the schedule.
I'll believe it when I see it.
I beat the McLaren drum two years ago saying lookout for 25/26 they have the car together for that era. Wuahlah McLaren starts lighting it up. Williams is not only in place to impress next season, but to build a large foundational to the top again. Everything is in place for them to be the 3-5 team again.
When James Vowles said the team had been operating out of Excel spreadsheets it truly blew my mind. It's amazing they could even make it to the races! Crazy. He's doing some good work over their focusing on bringing the team to the 21st century and building a foundation they can catapult off of. Getting Sainz was mega too. I'm excited to see Williams climb back to the top.
Post a reply to: F1 2025