Upgrade to enjoy this feature!
Vital MX fantasy is free to play, but Premium users receive great benefits. Premium benefits include:
- View and download rider stats
- Pick trends
- Create a private league
- And more!
Only $10 for all 2026 SX, MX, and SMX series.
How shit or not shit the Red Bull actually is is tough to work out. It's built so much for Max and what he wants, with his ask around how the front responds to input so unique to himself, that it's almost undriveale for anyone else. So looking at the car as a team, it looks like hot garbage. The problem being that at the same time he can wring some serious pace out of it because it's built so much along what he likes a car to do...
He's undoubtedly the best driver on the grid at present but I have a hard time believing that he's worth a second a lap at this level as some people claim, a couple tenths sure but none of these guys are shit drivers even the ones at the back. Reality is I think Mclaren are the quickest, Max in his car and the two Mercs possibly next then Ferrari and Williams and behind that you have whoever is in the second Red Bull.
More fascinating for me at the minute is the technical stuff. There's some really interesting theories around about Mclaren having some kind of heat-regulating system in either the brake 'cake-tin' or the axles that allows them to both cool and heat the tyres to keep them in the perfect operating range. Lots of good information on the F1 technical forum if your inner engineering nerd ever needs a tickle. Would explain some of their long run advantage in particular.
I’m probably in the minority, but I miss seeing Max torching people every week. lol
Reminds me of the McGrath era in Supercross. 👍
The brake theories going around McLarens rear wheels are phenomenal from a designer/engineering perspective. How it keeps the rear tires cool is genius.
Yeah if the theories around phase-changing materials are right, it's absolutely at the forefront of mechanical engineering.
The Shop
DeCal Works Huge Plastic Inventory of UFO and Polisport kits.
Luxon 4-Post Bar Mounts
$189.95 - $239.95
Interesting piece about that tech...
https://youtu.be/kaX50XPD2mY?si=uvAUNfNcAQIhwpD_
Good gravy another thread with a serial downvoter. Just speak up if you disagree, not need to push the useless button without speaking your mind.
Well, they gotta do something after one of their pornhub sessions.🤜
Man I wish Ferrari could pull off a win this weekend but I don't think its gonna happen, I am enjoying watch Oscar have some great wins and would also rather see him win races over Norris even though I have nothing against Norris but I wish he would boot Max off the track with one of Max's signature Mr Plow moves. Its only Friday so I still have hope that Leclerc can pull off a win but I bet its bad karma to say im glad that Lewis has been getting his butt handed to him.😧
I always say that if you want to solve a problem like world hunger or climate change then hire the F1 engineers and they will have it handled quickly, some of those guys are genius's 😎
Imola
FP1
FP2
Go Piastri!!!
FP3
Eliminated in Q1: Lawson, Hulkenberg, Ocon, Bearman, Tsunoda
Eliminated in Q2: Leclerc, Hamilton, Antonelli, Bortoleto, Colapinto
Piastri takes poll.
Piastri 1:14.670
Verstappen +0.034
Russell +0.137
Norris +0.292
Alonso +0.761
Sainz +0.762
Albon +0.803
Stroll +0.911
Hadjar +1.076
Gasly +1.117
Well that just plain sucks, both Ferraris out in Q2 and at Imola that just makes it worse. 🥴
Pit Row
LFG Williams
Max !!!
One of the craftiest starts I've seen since the Senna/Prost era.
An absolute ass kicking.
Great drives by the Ferrari's.
Great drive by Antonelli, until it wasn't.
Beyong stupid that they're thinking about deleting this racecourse for another street curcuit.
Imola deserves a place on the F1 calendar.
Boom, way to go Williams. Max pulled a Max on Piastri and returned the gesture in kind and drove a phenomenal race. Ferrari are so pointy and harsh on the tires. I agree with above, Imola is so beautiful and rich of history it deserves to stay on the circuit. The problem is the damn cars being boats.
Sounds like tsunoda is in hot water due to his Imola crash.
He was tasked to go out, test different set ups.
Not go out, push the pace for lap times.
Which is what he was doing, pushing the pace on untried set ups.
Rebuilding his car has apparently hit them hard in relation to the budget cap.
Thus jeopardizing the ability to provide updates as the season rolls on.
Plus marko, who we all know is one of the biggest dickheads currently in the sport, is livid that tsunoda, when told to hinder piastri's charge through the pack, pretty much pulled over and let him around without any defense.
Talk of Hadjar being moved up soon.
And another prospect from F2 replacing him.
Pretty much exiting yuki from the grid.
I did say that second seat in the team was a poisoned chalice. Why they'd be testing setups in a qualifying session is a bit strange mind you, I'd like to see a link to the source if you could post it?
The bit about him being asked to hold Piastri up was true, they did ask him to do that and Max also asked the team to get him to do the same. That's all covered in the article here where they show the radio transcripts... https://www.racefans.net/2025/05/21/verstappen-told-red-bull-to-use-tsu…
Monaco
FP2
"Usual hamilton stuff"
😏
Leclerc sure had a rough FP1.
Ferrari is actually showing a completive practice time so maybe Leclerc can throw down a really hot lap during qualifying to get on front row. This year with the mandatory 2 stops there will be a lot of team strategy and unfortunately that's NOT Ferraris strong point😎 and piss on Lance Stroll he may not be the worst driver on the grid but he is defiantly the least motivated because his seat is safe for as long as he wants it and the boy just aint very smart on the track sometimes.
When I saw that idiot stroll cut across, back onto the racing line, as Leclerc was flying up on him,
I was thinking about the cranes they use to pick the cars off the track.
And thought, how cool would it be to have a crane able to pick the driver out of the car, and just dangle his ass up in the air until the session is over.
Post a reply to: F1 2025