2024 GasGas MC250 problems?

So i can get my hands on a heavily discounted GasGas MC250 2t stroke. Has it got the same problem of the first 2023 ktm/husqy 250 2 strokes (that has been resolved with the ecu/map update) or are they good to go off the showroom?

Highly tempted.

|
cwel11
Posts
2787
Joined
12/4/2019
Location
Orangeville, PA, USA
9/29/2024 1:23pm

Most of the hiccups were/are with the 125’s to my knowledge but others can chime in and verify that. 

1
TDC
Posts
407
Joined
8/4/2023
Location
HTown, TX, USA
9/29/2024 4:02pm

Better to buy a stronger 💪 carb '23. IMHO 

1
Canook
Posts
9
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Charlotte, NC, USA
9/29/2024 4:19pm Edited Date/Time 9/29/2024 4:20pm

I love mine. It didn't blow my mind stock, coming off a YZ 250, but have gone to the TSP head insert, PV cover, and ERM with the MX map, and now much better. With the ERM you have way more tools to change mapping (jetting), and monitor or diagnose anything that could go wrong. 

OuTBoReD
Posts
93
Joined
2/11/2024
Location
Tenino, WA, USA
9/29/2024 4:48pm

Just stopped by to ask you Gasgas people what bars you run...Buddy doesn't like his stock and I can't find anything in bar tests/reviews 🤷🏼‍♂️

The Shop

DadBod86
Posts
252
Joined
7/31/2022
Location
Pittsworth, QLD, AU
Fantasy
9/29/2024 11:28pm
OuTBoReD wrote:

Just stopped by to ask you Gasgas people what bars you run...Buddy doesn't like his stock and I can't find anything in bar tests/reviews 🤷🏼‍♂️

Pro taper Henry/reed. They gave me a lot more confidence 

1
cwel11
Posts
2787
Joined
12/4/2019
Location
Orangeville, PA, USA
9/30/2024 2:51am
OuTBoReD wrote:

Just stopped by to ask you Gasgas people what bars you run...Buddy doesn't like his stock and I can't find anything in bar tests/reviews 🤷🏼‍♂️

After pro tapers became impossible to get we’ve switched to phoenix and been very happy with them. 

1
wrc777
Posts
3246
Joined
5/21/2020
Location
Greenwood, IN, USA
Fantasy
9/30/2024 5:25am
OuTBoReD wrote:

Just stopped by to ask you Gasgas people what bars you run...Buddy doesn't like his stock and I can't find anything in bar tests/reviews 🤷🏼‍♂️

What did he like on other bikes before? Maybe try a current KTM or Husqvarna bend. If it is a 2024 or 2025 standard (not factory edition) GG it has a 5mm taller mount than the KTM/Husky. I run Pro Taper race team bend or the Honda bend fatbar36, but I have a factory edition. If I had the taller mounts I would probably look at something in the 85mm tall range (PT SX Race or a Yamaha bend).

1
Marty1028
Posts
978
Joined
10/5/2017
Location
Lafayette, IN, USA
9/30/2024 12:39pm

I have 22 hours on my 24 EC300. Great bike. Like many other people i dont like the stock bar setup. Gives me wicked throttle arm arm pump. Havent tried any new bends though however,

11/24/2024 12:25pm

Up to 5,5 hours (3 rides) now.

Coming off a 2023 KXF 250, bike runs great. It’s light, installed a 50 teeth rear sprocket (original was 49 and it was too dead for 3rd gear internal ruts cornering). Shock is ok, fork works good too (i was used to KYB spring-oil, so i’m quite picky). I’m light, 132 lbs, air is at 10.3 bar, decently fast (nothing crazy, top 10 at regional level)

2

Post a reply to: 2024 GasGas MC250 problems?

The Latest