Throttle Tubes

Related:
Create New Tag

11/7/2017 11:15 AM

Guys,
What throttle tubes are you all running? I have the Pro Taper Twister throttle tube on my bikes but it was brought to my attention that this design of throttle tube changes where the throttle is positioned on the handlebar by about 1/2". The throttle is further away from the centerline of the handlebars to accommodate the bearing end. So...i'm probably going to move away from this style. What are you all running and why? How are you lubing the tube to handlebar surface? Any other techniques to lubing the throttle system that is working for you?

Thanks guys

|

11/7/2017 2:02 PM

I use Odi lock on grips (not emig) which come with the plastic tube and use silicone as lube.

|

11/7/2017 2:28 PM

A little grease in the throttle cam, and a light coating on the inside of the tube.

|

If you're not mixing gas, you're not haulin ass.

11/7/2017 4:43 PM

Anyone using the Pro Circuit throttle tubes?

|

11/7/2017 5:51 PM

Motion pro, works connection, pro circuit, hammerhead all good stuff.

|

11/7/2017 7:09 PM

I use the ktm oem odi setup and use no lube on anything, just keep it cleaned. I am more worried about any kind of lube collecting dirt and creating an issue

|

11/7/2017 11:48 PM

Motion pro plastic. No lube needed.

|

11/8/2017 1:19 AM

The stock one works pretty good on my kx. I suppose if it ever breaks ill switch to an aluminum one.

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

11/8/2017 3:37 AM

Did you notice the ergo differences on the Pro-Taper throttle before or after you read it on the internet?

|

11/8/2017 9:04 AM

Squitlege wrote:

Did you notice the ergo differences on the Pro-Taper throttle before or after you read it on the internet?

A buddy of mine pointed it out. I never really noticed it but i'm trying to fine tune my race machine so once I saw how off it was....there was no going back. You can hack off a little off the handlebar on the right side or move the handlebars over a little bit to compensate but that's not going to do it for me. It's off a significant enough amount that a correction to the issue is going to happen.

Now....if I would have never known this would it be a problem? Absolutely not

|

11/8/2017 9:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/8/2017 9:23 PM

I use the G2 quick turn on my crf 250. I bought mainly because of a range of motion issue in my wrist.

|

2012 CRF250R
2012 CRF450R
2017 CRF450R

11/10/2017 1:33 PM

Try dry graphite as a lube. It's dry and doesn't attract dirt.

|

11/10/2017 5:26 PM

Bruce372 wrote:

X2.

I tried an aluminum throttle tube once and I honestly cannot understand how anybody can use one. It's one of those weird little things that I notice. I could probably ride a bent-frame bike, but don't give me an AL throttle tube!!!

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

11/10/2017 10:06 PM

Bruce372 wrote:

Falcon wrote:

X2.

I tried an aluminum throttle tube once and I honestly cannot understand how anybody can use one. It's one of those weird little things that I notice. I could probably ride a bent-frame bike, but don't give me an AL throttle tube!!!

Why didnt you like it?

|

11/10/2017 10:25 PM

Alum deforms and drags. The blue motion pro tubes are the best and cheap also

|

12/17/2017 9:12 PM

Thanks for the information mate...

|

12/17/2017 9:13 PM

Thanks for the info mate.

|

12/18/2017 4:11 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/18/2017 4:11 AM

Apico throttle tubes for me. Not only is the tube well priced but awesome quality. Super smooth and no play at all. I use a little engine oil for lube, gives the best feel I think.

I don't like the slight play that a plastic throttle tube gives, any rattle in my throttle annoys me

|

@russ_69

12/18/2017 9:29 AM

mxb2 wrote:

Does works connection make as throttle tube ?I love there stuffjust never seen there throttle tubes

|

12/18/2017 9:46 AM

mxb2 wrote:

suzukirmz250 wrote:

Does works connection make as throttle tube ?I love there stuffjust never seen there throttle tubes

Motion pro make one out of a low friction blue plastic, it's the best one I've used and the most inexpensive

|

12/18/2017 2:03 PM

mxb2 wrote:

suzukirmz250 wrote:

Bruce372 wrote:

Motion pro make one out of a low friction blue plastic, it's the best one I've used and the most inexpensive

Yes...just not for the KTM/ husky

|

12/18/2017 3:08 PM

Moto520 wrote:

Everett, they actually do make them.

They actually make a new one for the ktm where you can use both the two different oem throttle cams.... Got one on my husky

https://www.motionpro.com/product/01-1298

|

12/18/2017 3:36 PM

Moto520 wrote:

Guys,
What throttle tubes are you all running? I have the Pro Taper Twister throttle tube on my bikes but it was brought to my attention that this design of throttle tube changes where the throttle is positioned on the handlebar by about 1/2". The throttle is further away from the centerline of the handlebars to accommodate the bearing end. So...i'm probably going to move away from this style. What are you all running and why? How are you lubing the tube to handlebar surface? Any other techniques to lubing the throttle system that is working for you?

Thanks guys

I recently purchased a G2 quick turn throttle tube and a G2 "Jimmy" Insert. Pricey, but seem to get great reviews.

|

12/18/2017 4:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/18/2017 4:11 PM

Bruce372 wrote:

Moto520 wrote:

Bruce372 wrote:

They actually make a new one for the ktm where you can use both the two different oem throttle cams.... Got one on my husky

Bruce,
I know. I have the titan and they have the user use the throttle cam that comes stock on the ktm. I was referring to the works connection. Does the titan come with the cam installed with any of their versions of the throttle tube?

|

12/18/2017 4:27 PM

Moto520 wrote:

Bruce372 wrote:

Moto520 wrote:

Bruce,
I know. I have the titan and they have the user use the throttle cam that comes stock on the ktm. I was referring to the works connection. Does the titan come with the cam installed with any of their versions of the throttle tube?

yeah, you can get the motion pro titan that can be used with both the interchangeable OEM cams, or you can also buy the titan with the cam already molded in, but its slow pull.

its getting a little confusing, LOL.

|

12/19/2017 6:15 PM

I like the odi throttle tube with the ball bearing insert in the end, and it’s compatible with everything

|

IG @jaredkeller96

12/19/2017 8:40 PM

Bruce372 wrote:

Moto520 wrote:

Bruce,

Bruce372 wrote:

yeah, you can get the motion pro titan that can be used with both the interchangeable OEM cams, or you can also buy the titan with the cam already molded in, but its slow pull.

its getting a little confusing, LOL.

Good to know.

|

12/19/2017 11:58 PM

always rode oem plastic tube and always use lube like wd40 or something similar, never problem with this

|

18 Yamaha YZ450F
94 Honda CR 500
90 Honda CR 500
81 Yamaha SR 500
68 BSA Thunderbolt
69 Triumph Tiger 100

12/20/2017 12:57 PM

Triflo Teflon lube & Starbrite teflon grease are what I use for throttles/levers & anything else that needs a light clean grease.

Photo

|

12/21/2017 2:53 PM

Bruce372 wrote:

Falcon wrote:

X2.

Moto520 wrote:

Why didnt you like it?

Sorry, didn't see your post. I felt like the Aluminum tube had too much drag against the bar and/or felt too heavy to turn quickly. It made the entire bike feel slow.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.