Husky/KTM Axle Blocks?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/17/2016 1:14 PM

Hello,
I have a 2017 Husqvarna FC450. I am wanting to replace the axle blocks with something aftermarket but I noticed when removing the axle that the block stays attached to the non-drive side of the axle. Anyone know if this side axle block is just press fit onto the axle and if a little heat/hammer will get it off? Is it by chance threaded on there...certainly not, right? Thoughts?

Thanks!

|

SMOOTHER • LIGHTER • FASTER
www.slfmotion.com

Instagram - @slfmotion
Facebook - SLF Motion

11/17/2016 4:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/18/2016 9:15 AM

Get the Ride Engineering axle blocks. It uses a CRF450 axle and the sprocket side isn't threaded on and it makes adjusting the chain SO much easier.

|

11/17/2016 4:10 PM

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

11/17/2016 6:22 PM

BobPA wrote:

Well all-be-damned haha...it is threaded. Thanks!!!

|

SMOOTHER • LIGHTER • FASTER
www.slfmotion.com

Instagram - @slfmotion
Facebook - SLF Motion

11/18/2016 11:43 AM

Digger, on point as always regarding the KTM setup...Ride Engineering's blocks coupled with the Honda axle make everything much easier to adjust, more factory in function, and look rad too!

|

11/19/2016 5:40 AM

crc245 wrote:

Digger, on point as always regarding the KTM setup...Ride Engineering's blocks coupled with the Honda axle make everything much easier to adjust, more factory in function, and look rad too!

Thanks :-) and the whole set up the axle cost me under $100. Worth every penny because of the ease of adjusting the chain. Factory KTM uses a very similar set up with the non threaded side and my guy at KTM says they have rear shock data that shows that the rear suspension moves freer (is that even a word) with their set up.

|

4/6/2017 6:44 PM

What year Honda axles will work with the Ride blocks, or does it matter?

|

4/6/2017 7:13 PM

BobPA wrote:

MOTO120 wrote:

I just swapped one out, I cut the stock one off, ha!

|

4/6/2017 9:59 PM

BobPA wrote:

MOTO120 wrote:

ML512 wrote:

I just swapped one out, I cut the stock one off, ha!

Heat helps...They come off hard lol

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

6/2/2017 9:27 AM

Just came acrosss this thread.. looks like I'm going to be buying the Honda set up as I cross threaded the shit out of my current ktm axle..

|

6/2/2017 10:04 AM

I think I"m going this route also, adjusting the chain is a pita, now my brake side axle block moves around when I tighten down the nut, giving me false readings when I line up the alignment lines to the half moons shapes on swingarm....this is one area KTM can improve upon....I remember reading something about chain tourqe on the rear suspension with the solid left axle block/axle....

|

6/2/2017 10:58 AM

sandman768 wrote:

I think I"m going this route also, adjusting the chain is a pita, now my brake side axle block moves around when I tighten down the nut, giving me false readings when I line up the alignment lines to the half moons shapes on swingarm....this is one area KTM can improve upon....I remember reading something about chain tourqe on the rear suspension with the solid left axle block/axle....

I think it's pretty crazy, supposedly on the factory bikes use the Honda set up. Ktm needs to Address this. But $100 isn't bad for new axle and axle blocks.

|

6/2/2017 11:53 AM

I upgraded and used the Yosh blocks. Looks clean.

Can we get a group buy on Honda Ti rear axle? devil

|

6/2/2017 12:17 PM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

I upgraded and used the Yosh blocks. Looks clean.

Can we get a group buy on Honda Ti rear axle? devil

I'm in

|

6/2/2017 3:32 PM

How does anyone measure chain slack?

The manual says 55mm but it's very ambiguous where to take that measurement

Thanks

|

6/2/2017 3:39 PM

So the yosh axle blocks for the crf will fit the ktm swingarm? I have the ride engineering blocks but like the yosh.

|

6/2/2017 3:55 PM

Bruce372 wrote:

Thanks

I use a caliper to measure from the end of the plastic chain slider. I just get it close, better to be loose than tight.

|

6/2/2017 3:56 PM

michriddle wrote:

So the yosh axle blocks for the crf will fit the ktm swingarm? I have the ride engineering blocks but like the yosh.

Yeah I have 2015 or 2016 Yosh blocks, I think they are all the same.

|

6/2/2017 6:40 PM

michriddle wrote:

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

Post a pic please? If you don't mind. Would like to see the difference on the bike

|

6/2/2017 6:40 PM

Bruce372 wrote:

Thanks

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

I use a caliper to measure from the end of the plastic chain slider. I just get it close, better to be loose than tight.

I use a caliper as well.

|

6/2/2017 6:42 PM

michriddle wrote:

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

logan_140 wrote:

Post a pic please? If you don't mind. Would like to see the difference on the bike

Hmm the yosh doesn't solve the lack of chain adjusting marks though does it? As jap manufactures have marks on the frame.

|

6/2/2017 7:11 PM

Photo

Photo

This is ride engineering blocks with pro-bolt ti
axle nut
|

3/22/2020 8:24 PM

does the works connection axle block kit serve the same function?

|

3/22/2020 8:40 PM

dirtbikefreak wrote:

does the works connection axle block kit serve the same function?

This one does do the same thing.
Photo

|

3/23/2020 11:43 AM

Bruce372 wrote:

Thanks

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

Photo
|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

3/23/2020 11:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/29/2020 12:04 PM

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

3/23/2020 7:40 PM

When using ride engineering crf axle on KTM's do you torque the axle bolt to KTM's manual specs or honda specs?

|

3/24/2020 4:32 PM

dirtbikefreak wrote:

When using ride engineering crf axle on KTM's do you torque the axle bolt to KTM's manual specs or honda specs?

I just KTM spec.

|

3/24/2020 7:12 PM

dirtbikefreak wrote:

I have the Works Connection Elite blocks on both bikes. Does the same thing. I had problems with axle coming lose. this fixed that, plus I like using a mic to align.

|

3/24/2020 7:15 PM

What type of Loctite did you use on the axle threads, 2701 or 271?

|