First Ride '76 RM125

Edited Date/Time 9/2/2013 10:19am
Got my RM125 together
Thanks for everyone here who helped!

Here is a short video of the Maiden voyage.

I've never ridden an old 125 before just 80's back in the day but this thing is a blast!! Laughing

|
Greg-15
Posts
34
Joined
11/25/2011
Location
Folsom, CA, USA
8/28/2013 7:34am
Got my RM125 together Thanks for everyone here who helped! Here is a short video of the Maiden voyage. I've never ridden an old 125 before...
Got my RM125 together
Thanks for everyone here who helped!

Here is a short video of the Maiden voyage.

I've never ridden an old 125 before just 80's back in the day but this thing is a blast!! Laughing

Can you post a photo of the bike?
newmann
Posts
24437
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
8/28/2013 8:20am
Congrats on getting it up and going! Vintage race coming up???
8/28/2013 8:49am
newmann wrote:
Congrats on getting it up and going! Vintage race coming up???
Yes the intent is to vintage race it.
It's by no means a restoration project just a race prep of what was already there.
Over the winter I will get the frame powder coated and maybe try to make the motor a little better.
The pics don't show the Works Shocks that I've added since they were taken.





Tdub13
Posts
209
Joined
4/11/2013
Location
USA
8/30/2013 8:59am
Awesome Phil. I'm just getting into vintage racing and my second bike is a '79 YZ125 i'm building now. Love the sound of the older 2-strokes on the pipe. Nice practice track too!

The Shop

RiV
Posts
90
Joined
2/7/2013
Location
Midvale, UT, USA
8/30/2013 12:22pm
Cool, thanks for sharing!
Kidkawie
Posts
1193
Joined
8/31/2012
Location
ქუთაისი, GE
8/30/2013 6:33pm
Nice bike! Im looking for a twin shocker now. Lots of Suzukis in my area, hard to find Kawasakis.
MaxPower
Posts
2701
Joined
8/15/2006
Location
USA
9/1/2013 5:57am
Kidkawie wrote:
Nice bike! Im looking for a twin shocker now. Lots of Suzukis in my area, hard to find Kawasakis.
There are nearly any vintage KX out there. I was at the Unadilla Rewind and I didn't see one rear fender number plate KX the entire weekend. Just a few downpipe 250s . More Maicos I think than when they were current
I really like the 76 RM. Last of the strait leg axle forks
Tdub13
Posts
209
Joined
4/11/2013
Location
USA
9/1/2013 8:47pm
'78-'79 KX's are pure liquid solid gold (or something like that) Whistling

If you see one on the track, the owner must be one heck of a character made of money and spare parts. I think the Uni-trak was introduced in 1980, so one year less non-linkage available compared to Rm, CR and YZ. Too bad: They were the coolest lookers IMHO.
Bigfoot
Posts
1197
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
USA
9/2/2013 10:19am
Kidkawie wrote:
Nice bike! Im looking for a twin shocker now. Lots of Suzukis in my area, hard to find Kawasakis.
MaxPower wrote:
[b]There are nearly any vintage KX out there. I was at the Unadilla Rewind and I didn't see one rear fender number plate KX the entire...
There are nearly any vintage KX out there. I was at the Unadilla Rewind and I didn't see one rear fender number plate KX the entire weekend. Just a few downpipe 250s . More Maicos I think than when they were current
I really like the 76 RM. Last of the strait leg axle forks
Of course the hot ticket back then was to install the fork off of the RM250 or RM370. That fork worked better and had another inch or more of travel. You need the crowns, legs and front wheel, but it's a bolt-up.

Post a reply to: First Ride '76 RM125

The Latest